• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post your win record/percentage with Palutena

Marshmallow Cake

Smash Rookie
I was just curious what everyone's win rate was with Palutena and if anyone had managed to get ~80% win rate or higher over a decent sample size?

I've only played 266 games with Palutena so far and I'm currently at 156 wins - 110 losses which is around a 58% win rate. For most of these matches it feels like I have to be almost 3 steps ahead of most match-ups in order to beat them. I feel like I'm not improving at all and was wondering if someone with a high win rate with Palutena could post videos of their regular matches. I've watched most of Aerolink's videos and the others posted in the sticky but I would like to see if there's other varying playstyles at high level play.

Sorry if this is the wrong place the post the thread and thanks in advance.

Rainiris

Smash Cadet
My Palutena win rate. is similar to yours. I'm sure I could grind to 80% win rate, but I dont think you can get your game up like that.
Palutena Internet stats.
295 156w 124l.
55,55% win rate.
50% on last 10 games.
56% on last 50 games.
63 on last 100 games.

I have not watched any videos or read any guides. I feel like palutena does have a lot of mindreading going on for her. Less combo and more disrupt.

Skinutski

Smash Rookie
NNID
kinuski
3DS FC
0404-7270-8010
426w 59l
~87,84%

I just wish she had reliable killers cause praying for smashes is horrible.
Must find more setups.

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
227, 94w 132l
Turns out I'm one of the worse Palutenas around here with a winrate of 41%.

Started off with 5% on my first 50 games though, so I suppose it's improving.

Last edited:

Marshmallow Cake

Smash Rookie
426w 59l
~87,84%

I just wish she had reliable killers cause praying for smashes is horrible.
Must find more setups.
Do you have any vids or replays of your games? Just curious how high level play looks like with Palutena.

227, 94w 132l
Turns out I'm one of the worse Palutenas around here with a winrate of 41%.

Started off with 5% on my first 50 games though, so I suppose it's improving.
As long as you keep playing win rate should normalize to ~50% and it seems like you're improving rather quickly.

Pirunner

Smash Rookie
Yeah, when I first started with palutena I had a literal 50 game losing streak, with a win percent stuck at 30% overall. I have since brought it back to 55%, so don't give up.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have a lot of games played but I have something like 120 Ws with like 30 Losses. My win percentage is like 81%ish last I checked?

Mastery of her jab and shield dash is what will get you more wins.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
698 Wins

261 Losses

72%

I've lost more than anyone else here.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
146 matches, 86 wins and 60 losses for me. That makes my win-rate just under 60% (58.9% to be more precise). I'm still highly experimental with Palutena and have dedicated time to several other characters to a much larger degree, so I wasn't expecting great results for the time being.

Duelisti

Smash Rookie
Wins: 255
Losses: 91
Win %: 73.70%

About 90% of these games were played in For Glory.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Unfortunately, I've been focusing on my :4yoshi: and :4pit: play. Only thing I can say is that you should probably not give w/l rates too much credit.

Delving deeper: For Glory is unfortunately full of scrubs. Like, chalk full. Not a good place to assess how good you are. If your win rate's low, you definitely need to step it up. If your win rate's high, your actual skill becomes a huge question mark. For Glory really needed a ranking system. =_=

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
My win loss is starting to become more losses because of for glory. Can't wait until the wii u version where i can use stages with platforms to my advantage. I think palutena shines on those stages.

Marshmallow Cake

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, I've been focusing on my :4yoshi: and :4pit: play. Only thing I can say is that you should probably not give w/l rates too much credit.

Delving deeper: For Glory is unfortunately full of scrubs. Like, chalk full. Not a good place to assess how good you are. If your win rate's low, you definitely need to step it up. If your win rate's high, your actual skill becomes a huge question mark. For Glory really needed a ranking system. =_=
Yeah I agree W/L ratio at an online mode isn't too good an indicator of measuring how good one is at the game (especially because a player can cheese wins and just leave games if the opponent is better), but there's supposedly an MMR system within place for For Glory Mode.

There's also nothing else I can go by to measure universal "skill" except competitive tourneys/etc which there is a huge lack of for Palutena since Smash 4 just came out. I chose an 80%+ win rate as a random staple because I assumed a player that consistently wins; would also probably succeed with almost every given character including Palutena and also have better game knowledge than most players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom