• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post your ideal roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
I know the game has already been released, so many people may see this thread as kind of pointless, but I am interested in other people's opinions and ideas. Basically, the point in this thread is too post what your ideal roster for Smash bros 4 would be. I'll start this off by posting mine, and I'll put my reasoning behind it.

I tried keeping the roster pretty much the same size as the one we actually got, and I think I did that pretty well. I actually left out a lot of characters I would want due to this, and will be updating it soon with a bigger roster, this roster will be with the idea that Nintendo chose to have more characters in the Wii-U version. (obviously not a reality, but that's what the next roster I post will be based on.)

I'll start with an explanation on the bottom characters who are not attached. I think Pichu should be playable as an alternate on pikachu, just like how alph is, (and the koopalings. ) It can keep it's different moveset, but I don't think it needs its own slot. Dark pit should be selectable from pit in my opinion, again he can keep his different moveset, just does not need his own slot. Dr. Mario as obvious, in my opinion should be selectable from mario, again he can keep his moveset. Finally, I think Lucina should be selectable from marth, since there movesets are almost identical, if not completely identical?

Now, I shall start from the top left. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser are all good choices in my opinion. I think it would be cool if we also had the option of choosing birdo, as it has always been the other version of Yoshi. It could have a slightly different moveset. Next, I'm cool with Rosalina and Bowser Jr being on the roster. That goes for wario too. I decided to add Toad, as I think it's about time he showed up. Sure a lot of people will disagree. I think Toadette should be an alternate for him. Donkey kong is cool, and has been there since the beginning, so I'm keeping him in. Same goes for diddy, although I think dixie with a slightly different moveset should be an alternate to diddy. Link should be playable along with zelda and ganon, although I think shiek should be selectable from zelda's slot, instead of having it's own. Toon link should be his own slot, as many people have pointed out he's a different person. I think Toon zelda with an alternate of tetra should be playable, as it would only make sense. I think samus should be playable, with zero suit samus selectable from selecting samus. And of course Ridley. Pit and Palutena make it back, and as I stated Dark pit can be selected from pit. Marth with lucina selectable from him, Ike, Robin, and Roy are all selectable as well. Next, we have kirby, king dedede and meta knight. Fox, Falco, and Wolf. Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Greninja and Mewtwo. Duck hunt dog, Ness, Lucas, Captain Falcon, Villager and everyone else onward are self explanatory.

I do think they could have brought back Roy, Pichu and Mewtwo, as well as Wolf and Lucas. Looking at this, I have two more things to add. Young link would work well if he was selectable from regular link in my opinion, and Daisy could be an alternate for peach.

Anyways thanks for reading all this, and post your own ideas. Oh, and try and make them realistic if you want.

Edit: Removed Toon zelda/tetra and replaced with skull kid. Added Ivysaur,Squirtle and Lucario. Added Daisy as an alternate to peach. Added young link as an alternative to link.
Added Solid Snake and moved the star fox crew.'

Edit 17/09/2014: I updated all of the icons and stuff. I also added all the alternates already in smash 4 as I think they should stay. (Alph, koopalings etc.) other than that nothing new.

Edit 20/09/2014: I switched out skull kid for Midna as I think she would be better for now. I also updated everyone with better artwork.

Edit 20/09/2014 (later in the day) : I updated everyone's artwork. Now everyone has a dojo styled picture.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman

Tis the ultimate roster! (Not including assists from Smash 4)

Unlockables:
Bowser Jr. - As Mario defeat Bowser In a match
Dr.Mario - Recover at least 500% worth of damage
Daisy - K.O. an opponent with a soccer ball item and a Home Run bat in a single match or knock Mr.Sand bag at least 2500 ft in homerun contest
Captain Toad - Unlock all Mario characters and win a match
Paper Mario - get 7 K.O.'s with the star rod item as Bowser
Geno - Win a match using the Warp Star Item as Mario, Peach, and Bowser
Chorus Men - K.O. Jigglypuff while perfectly pulling off D.K.'s Final Smash
Dixie - Win a team match with D.K. and Diddy on the same team
Duck Hunt - Get 10 K.O.'s using gun type items against Falco
Mach Rider - Complete "Race to the Finish" with 10 characters in under 1 minute each or K.O. 15 characters with Wario's Bike
Goku - As Ganondorf defeat Pit and Palutena in a 2 on 1 match
R.O.B. - Complete Classic mode w/ the "Nes Era" characters: Ice Climber's, Duck Hunt, Mach Rider, and Goku
Ray - As R.O.B. or Samus or Megaman, Defeat an enemy while under the effects of a poison mushroom
Lucas - As Ness use P.K. Attacks at least 50 times
Lucina - As Male-Robin, Win 4 team matches with any female character as your partner, or w/ Fem-Robin, use a successful FS twice in a single match.
Dark Pit - Beat Classic mode as Pit
Impa - Defeat Zelda in a match after completing classic mode with her
Ganon - As Goku defeat Ganondorf, Bowser, and Dark Pit in a 3 v. 1 match
Ridley - Defeat a character under the influence of a Super Mushroom as Samus
Wolf - Use characters from Team Star Fox in at least 25 matches
Krystal - As Fox defeat Yoshi in a match or vice versa
Wonder Red - Complete 100 man smash.
Mewtwo - win a team match w/Charizard&Pikachu v. Chraizard&Pikachu after making Mew emerge from a pokeball at least once or play 700 matches
Inkling - Complete All-Star at least once after unlocking every other character
Bomberman - Win a sudden death match after Bob-Ombs start raining down or play Target Blast 3 times

Alternates:
Ninten Alt for Ness
James alt for Fox
Blood Falcon alt for CPT Falcon
Alph alt for Olimar
Matthew alt for Isaac
Ms.Pac Man alt for Pacman
Bass alt for Mega Man
Metal Sonic alt for Sonic
Claus alt for Lucas
All Koopalings alt for Bowser Jr.
All Ray models alt for Ray
Vorkken alt for Wonder Red
Max alt for Bomberman

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman

Tis the ultimate roster! (Not including assists from Smash 4)

Unlockables:
Bowser Jr. - As Mario defeat Bowser In a match
Dr.Mario - Recover at least 500% worth of damage
Daisy - K.O. an opponent with a soccer ball item and a Home Run bat in a single match or knock Mr.Sand bag at least 2500 ft in homerun contest
Captain Toad - Unlock all Mario characters and win a match
Paper Mario - get 7 K.O.'s with the star rod item as Bowser
Geno - Win a match using the Warp Star Item as Mario, Peach, and Bowser
Chorus Men - K.O. Jigglypuff while perfectly pulling off D.K.'s Final Smash
Dixie - Win a team match with D.K. and Diddy on the same team
Duck Hunt - Get 10 K.O.'s using gun type items against Falco
Mach Rider - Complete "Race to the Finish" with 10 characters in under 1 minute each or K.O. 15 characters with Wario's Bike
Goku - As Ganondorf defeat Pit and Palutena in a 2 on 1 match
R.O.B. - Complete Classic mode w/ the "Nes Era" characters: Ice Climber's, Duck Hunt, Mach Rider, and Goku
Ray - As R.O.B. or Samus or Megaman, Defeat an enemy while under the effects of a poison mushroom
Lucas - As Ness use P.K. Attacks at least 50 times
Lucina - As Male-Robin, Win 4 team matches with any female character as your partner, or w/ Fem-Robin, use a successful FS twice in a single match.
Dark Pit - Beat Classic mode as Pit
Impa - Defeat Zelda in a match after completing classic mode with her
Ganon - As Goku defeat Ganondorf, Bowser, and Dark Pit in a 3 v. 1 match
Ridley - Defeat a character under the influence of a Super Mushroom as Samus
Wolf - Use characters from Team Star Fox in at least 25 matches
Krystal - As Fox defeat Yoshi in a match or vice versa
Wonder Red - Complete 100 man smash.
Mewtwo - win a team match w/Charizard&Pikachu v. Chraizard&Pikachu after making Mew emerge from a pokeball at least once or play 700 matches
Inkling - Complete All-Star at least once after unlocking every other character
Bomberman - Win a sudden death match after Bob-Ombs start raining down or play Target Blast 3 times

Alternates:
Ninten Alt for Ness
James alt for Fox
Blood Falcon alt for CPT Falcon
Alph alt for Olimar
Matthew alt for Isaac
Ms.Pac Man alt for Pacman
Bass alt for Mega Man
Metal Sonic alt for Sonic
Claus alt for Lucas
All Koopalings alt for Bowser Jr.
All Ray models alt for Ray
Vorkken alt for Wonder Red
Max alt for Bomberman
Cool. I had to edit mine as I forgot about lucario and a couple others. Yours seems really cool ~

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm never a fan of giant rosters, I feel it looks kind of overloaded but that's just me. I count like... 11 Mario reps and while there's just only 6 Pokemon reps, huh?

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
I'm never a fan of giant rosters, I feel it looks kind of overloaded but that's just me. I count like... 11 Mario reps and then there's only 6 Pokemon reps, huh?
Aweeh XD I guess you have a point ace attorney man. I don't count alternates as full characters, and mario already will always have the most reps. I tried not to have to big of a roster. 54 not counting alternates. That`s not that bad. Pretty close to smash 4.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Aweeh XD I guess you have a point ace attorney man. I don't count alternates as full characters, and mario already will always have the most reps. I tried not to have to big of a roster. 54 not counting alternates. That`s not that bad. Pretty close to smash 4.
Oh, I was referring to kalis' roster, not yours.

EDIT: Your roster is pretty decent outside of some complaints. Yoshi should be his own character since he's suppose to rep his own series, so Birdo is kind of out of place there.

Also I don't think alts can keep their own movesets, they have to be the same if they're alts instead of separate characters. That would cause conflict with things including custom movesets and whatnot. Plus not a smart game design of picking an alt costume and suddenly having things play differently.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm fine with how it is now. If I had to change anything I guess I'd remove Shulk since he's looking to be a very boring character, but even with that I don't mind since at least he has a unique mechanic.

Edit: Remove Dark Pit too.

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I was referring to kalis' roster, not yours.

EDIT: Your roster is pretty decent outside of some complaints. Yoshi should be his own character since he's suppose to rep his own series, so Birdo is kind of out of place there.

Also I don't think alts can keep their own movesets, they have to be the same if they're alts instead of separate characters. That would cause conflict with things including custom movesets and whatnot. Plus not a smart game design of picking an alt costume and suddenly having things play differently.
That's true. You have a good point. I meant Birdo was an alternate, XD but as you said. It would be weird if it had a different moveset. I'm not sure how I can correct this.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674

Is what i would imagine the roster be if I was in charge of SSB4. Greninja and Robin are awesome additions, but if i was the director i probably wouldn't consider them. I'd make Duck Hunt Dog Assist Trophy, and Dark Pit as an alt for Pit instead of seperate. Same for Dixie Kong.

Though looking at this, i can clearly see i am Fire Emblem biased. Welp. :S

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Tharja would be awesome. But I don't know about there being 4 zeldas in the game. I had to change that myself. Also I don't know if Konami would allow Simon into the game. Also It's okay to be a little biased. XD I love fire emblem and mother 3.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
My ideal roster would have every character that we currently have, and add:

Every character that has been in the game but was cut from the next
One more DK rep
One more Metroid rep
Golden Sun rep

More third party characters from companies with a long history with nintendo, this includes
2 square/enix reps(one to represent each company before they merged, neku would get my vote for square, followed by Geno)
an Atlus rep(Flynn from SMT4 would work)
a Castlevania rep
A Breath of Fire rep
A Rune Factory rep(reps both Rune Factory and Harvest Moon)

And just for my own interest, Lopunny with the new Mega Lopunny for a final smash.

Rayze Darr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rayze_Darr
3DS FC
5327-0902-3469

Here's a 60-man Roster idea I had. If we got something like this in Smash 5, I'd be satisfied.

The ones at the bottom are alternate skins. There were a few icons that the program I used didn't have, though, so here are all of my alternate skin ideas:

Pit - Dark Pit
Marth - Lucina
Ness - Lucas
Fox - Wolf
Olimar - Charlie
Alph - Brittany
Bowser Jr. - Ludwig, Roy, Morton, Larry, Lemmy, Wendy, Iggy
Aiai - Mimi, Baby, Gongon
Mallo - Poppy

Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms?

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Is this legit? It's okay if it is, but wow. Do you remember me? -Anthony

One more DK rep
One more Metroid rep
Golden Sun rep

More third party characters from companies with a long history with nintendo, this includes
2 square/enix reps(one to represent each company before they merged, neku would get my vote for square, followed by Geno)
a Castlevania rep
A Breath of Fire rep

And just for my own interest, Lopunny with the new Mega Lopunny for a final smash.
Hey that would be cool. Rune factory rep would make me very happy, I'm a huge fan of harvest moon, but have not gotten my hands on Rune Factory sadly. Castlevania is great, Simon would be cool. Atlus rep would be great, I'm a huge persona fan.
I think we need a golden sun rep. I own the ds one but have not played it yet. XD I got it like 4 years ago and still have not touched it sadly. I do think we need another DK and Metroid rep as well.

Here's a 60-man Roster idea I had. If we got something like this in Smash 5, I'd be satisfied.

The ones at the bottom are alternate skins. There were a few icons that the program I used didn't have, though, so here are all of my alternate skin ideas:

Pit - Dark Pit
Marth - Lucina
Ness - Lucas
Fox - Wolf
Olimar - Charlie
Alph - Brittany
Bowser Jr. - Ludwig, Roy, Morton, Larry, Lemmy, Wendy, Iggy
Aiai - Mimi, Baby, Gongon
Mallo - Poppy

Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms?
My Thoughts are this is a bit too similar to smash 4 to be smash 5. But I do think this could have been smash 4. I do think Alph should still just be an alternate. I think AIAI and Bomberman would both be great in smash bros and fit right in. Bomberman especially. I have no clue who Mallo is, and I'm not a fan of rayman, but it's your unique roster, so it's your choice. I do think Lucas and Wolf should be playable, so I would be satisfied even if they were just alternates. Porky 4 life.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
My ideal roster:

Drop Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina. Make them alternate costumes of Mario, Pit, and Marth.

Add the following: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Isaac, and Tabuu. (Yes, Tabuu. Scale him down and nerf the **** out of his attacks, he can represent Smash itself.) That's enough to neatly fill the CSS without leaving the ugly empty spaces we have now.

Khao

Smash Lord
Is this legit? It's okay if it is, but wow. Do you remember me? -Anthony
Nearly half of it is basically "this would be absolutely terrible in every way possible and completely illogical, but freaking hilarious anyway."

That's why I started the post with "**** it" =P

Last edited:

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
For the record, I'm completely fine the the roster we have and imo this is the best set of newcomers we've ever had.
Anyways on with the roster!

New Additions
Ganondorf (de-cloned with a dual swords moveset and a couple magic attacks)
Black Shadow (has falcondorf moveset)
Impa (fights with a mix of the naginata and her giant blade from HW)
Vaati (not sure of his play style yet. All I know is that he'd be a magic user)
King K Rool (heaviest fighter in the game with a couple projectiles and powerful attacks. Also quick on his feet but his kill moves are relatively slow and had bad grabs for balancing)

Returning Vets
Mewtwo
Wolf

DreadToaster

Smash Rookie
I really like the roster we have in Smash 4. If I were put in charge of the next game, I'd probably add...

-Ridley
-Isaac
-Tetra
-Kyle Hyde
-Dixie Kong (or Cranky Kong)
-Anna
-Samurai Goroh
-Flint
-Sukapon
-Chibi-Robo

And cut vets like Ice Climbers and Mewtwo.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
My ideal roster:

Drop Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina. Make them alternate costumes of Mario, Pit, and Marth.

Add the following: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Isaac, and Tabuu. (Yes, Tabuu. Scale him down and nerf the **** out of his attacks, he can represent Smash itself.) That's enough to neatly fill the CSS without leaving the ugly empty spaces we have now.
I like the way you think.

Nearly half of it is basically "this would be absolutely terrible in every way possible and completely illogical, but freaking hilarious anyway."

That's why I started the post with "**** it" =P
That's what I thought. XD

For the record, I'm completely fine the the roster we have and imo this is the best set of newcomers we've ever had.
Anyways on with the roster!

New Additions
Ganondorf (de-cloned with a dual swords moveset and a couple magic attacks)
Black Shadow (has falcondorf moveset)
Impa (fights with a mix of the naginata and her giant blade from HW)
Vaati (not sure of his play style yet. All I know is that he'd be a magic user)
King K Rool (heaviest fighter in the game with a couple projectiles and powerful attacks. Also quick on his feet but his kill moves are relatively slow and had bad grabs for balancing)

Returning Vets
Mewtwo
Wolf
Hell yeah I want Vaati and Impa, as well as king k rool. I also like your ideas entirely. Except one little thing. o A o I think Lucas should come back as at least an alternate to ness.

I really like the roster we have in Smash 4. If I were put in charge of the next game, I'd probably add...

-Ridley
-Isaac
-Tetra
-Kyle Hyde
-Dixie Kong (or Cranky Kong)
-Anna
-Samurai Goroh
-Flint
-Sukapon
-Chibi-Robo

And cut vets like Ice Climbers and Mewtwo.
I like that Flint love. And tetra. Isaac seems cool, same goes for dixie kong. Chibi robo is someone I don't know but have seen and just looks like someone who would work in smash.

View attachment 25235
Please don't kill me (especially for 13 KI characters).​
For some reason I love your roster. I realize it has a huge KI bias, but I don't care at all. XD I personally have not played kid icarus uprising, but I have looked over the characters and they are all so cool! I think Sakurai would approve of this roster, since it's his game of course.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Every newcomer that we got means something else, something different to me (except for Pac-Man). I'm more than pleased with it and say that it's practically perfect, clones and all. Personally, I guess I would have added Ice Climbers since it's a bit of a bummer to lose them, but other than that, all of my most wanted newcomers are in (Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit, Rosalina, Palutena, Mii). Yeah, my original speculated roster had guys like K. Rool and Dixie on it, but that was only for their fans- I had no personal attachment to them at all. To be honest, the only potential newcomer that I was even mildly interested in after the leak was Isaac.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Every newcomer that we got means something else, something different to me (except for Pac-Man). I'm more than pleased with it and say that it's practically perfect, clones and all. Personally, I guess I would have added Ice Climbers since it's a bit of a bummer to lose them, but other than that, all of my most wanted newcomers are in (Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit, Rosalina, Palutena, Mii). Yeah, my original speculated roster had guys like K. Rool and Dixie on it, but that was only for their fans- I had no personal attachment to them at all. To be honest, the only potential newcomer that I was even mildly interested in after the leak was Isaac.
I see you arent a fan of lucas or wolf. You have to agree those two were needlessly cut. I would not mind all the clones, if my favorites were not gone. Also, I'm still not a huge fan of Mii, Wii fit trainer, and a couple other newcomers. They seem pointless to me. Although I accept them and nintendo's choice, I'll never personally like them. I think Villager and Little Mac, as well as all the ones you mentioned other than mii are great additions though.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Seen this one floating around a bit, and it's really starting to grow on me:

But in seriousness, swap out either Jiggz or Charizard for Mewtwo and a Pokémon newcomer, add Wolf / Lucas / ICs back, and it'll be ideal, in my mind. A Rhythm Heaven rep couldn't hurt either (and Paper Mario, but I get the feeling that's a pipe dream at this point). But in all seriousness, I'm perfectly fine with the roster as it stands, cuts notwithstanding.

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Seen this one floating around a bit, and it's really starting to grow on me:

But in seriousness, swap out either Jiggz or Charizard for Mewtwo and a Pokémon newcomer, add Wolf / Lucas / ICs back, and it'll be ideal, in my mind. A Rhythm Heaven rep couldn't hurt either (and Paper Mario, but I get the feeling that's a pipe dream at this point). But in all seriousness, I'm perfectly fine with the roster as it stands, cuts notwithstanding.
For a moment I thought you were serious, until I read "But in seriousness" . I don't think paper mario would fit in smash bros, but that's just my opinion.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I see you arent a fan of lucas or wolf. You have to agree those two were needlessly cut. I would not mind all the clones, if my favorites were not gone. Also, I'm still not a huge fan of Mii, Wii fit trainer, and a couple other newcomers. They seem pointless to me. Although I accept them and nintendo's choice, I'll never personally like them. I think Villager and Little Mac, as well as all the ones you mentioned other than mii are great additions though.
I liked both of them. I grew attached to Lucas in SSE and Wolf was my favorite Star Fox rep. I also lost my secondary main, Pokémon Trainer. While in an ideal world, I'd like to say that we'd have this roster with Lucas and Wolf and Pokémon Trainer back, but it's not that simple. If the time and effort would have gone into the two of them (excluding Pokémon Trainer at the moment), I'm sure that we wouldn't have Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit... at least! Building up two characters from scratch would have taken so much more resources that were spent making these three... so maybe we'd lose one of the other newcomers or a different veteran.

All in all, I'm glad that we got these three clones instead of these two two veterans. Of course I'm biased- as much as I do like Lucas and Wolf, I much prefer two of the other clones (Lucina and Dark Pit are two of my favorite video game characters of all time). However, I never in my wildest dreams would have made a roster with Dark Pit or Lucina in it, which is why I'm going with the one that we did get instead of some ideal unrealistic roster with the old veterans back and my clones intact. Unfortunately, by the time the next Smash comes around, I will potentially lose two of my mains since they are clones, but I'll be okay with it since they did have a good run, just like Pokémon Trainer and Roy before them.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
I liked both of them. I grew attached to Lucas in SSE and Wolf was my favorite Star Fox rep. I also lost my secondary main, Pokémon Trainer. While in an ideal world, I'd like to say that we'd have this roster with Lucas and Wolf and Pokémon Trainer back, but it's not that simple. If the time and effort would have gone into the two of them (excluding Pokémon Trainer at the moment), I'm sure that we wouldn't have Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit... at least! Building up two characters from scratch would have taken so much more resources that were spent making these three... so maybe we'd lose one of the other newcomers or a different veteran.

All in all, I'm glad that we got these three clones instead of these two two veterans. Of course I'm biased- as much as I do like Lucas and Wolf, I much prefer two of the other clones (Lucina and Dark Pit are two of my favorite video game characters of all time). However, I never in my wildest dreams would have made a roster with Dark Pit or Lucina in it, which is why I'm going with the one that we did get instead of some ideal unrealistic roster with the old veterans back and my clones intact. Unfortunately, by the time the next Smash comes around, I will potentially lose two of my mains since they are clones, but I'll be okay with it since they did have a good run, just like Pokémon Trainer and Roy before them.
Interesting. Well you have some good points. I absolutely loved fire emblem awakening, but Lucina was just never one of my favorite characters, I still like her though, I kinda grew attached to all the characters and made sure none of them died. (I also managed to get every single child characters as I made sure all of my females were married) Ive never played kid icarus uprising, so I have no clue how significant dark pit is. I think he seems like a cool character overall, yet it's a shame his moveset is basically the same as Pit. Same goes for Lucina. I just wish the two of them could have more unique movesets? I like the characters themselves though. I was never a fan of pokemon trainer for some reason, and neither were my friends. It's interesting how everyone has differeing opinions and stuff, it's good. Otherwise life would be boring. I'm kind of glad they made charizard his own character. Out of the three pokemon he had, Squirtle is my favorite, but I'm not exactly upset that he's gone. I do like the smash 4 roster, but I don't think it took Sakurai much work making two clones. Since Lucas and Wolf already have similar playstyles to characters in the game, I don't think it would be too much work to add four clones instead of two. I think it was just due to the deadline.

Dan

Smash Lord

in b4 lock.

DLC = Kamek, Stanley the Bugman and Ancient Minister

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
all previous veterans with the exception of snake.
pokemon trainer uses plusle and minun that act as one character
ice climber is either popo or nana,not both
pichu increases power with higher percentages
lucina,marth and roy have different swipes, smashes and aerial attacks
mii magician, technician and beast tamer added
link,toon link and young link have different specials,mainly bomb, arrow, and boomerang types
wolf summons andross, falco calls in airstrike
dark pit has "brawl pits" style
mewtwo,impa,dixie,chorus kids,impa detailed in rumor.
NEWCOMERS
Dry Bowser,has "melee bowser" style
Jody Summer, a falcon clone that uses chaining "Summer" attacks
Black Shadow, has "melee ganon" style
Waluigi has a homing fireball,uses mario party items,and has "brawl luigi"s final smash
Ray MK omega, is an energy weapon specialist
Krystal of star fox,relies on her mind reading and combat staff for battle
Mach Rider uses quick reflexes and oil to trip up enemies,final smash utilizes excitebikers
Isaac from golden sun.not much to tell....
Birdo for yoshi rep,uses a heavy style similar to yoshi
Vaati from zelda,uses various magic and minions to attack,final smash is true form
Prince Fluff from kirby is a "melee kirby that is yarnified"
Skapon,uses fighting skills acquired from his game
Shantae,she uses her own powers along with several indy characters
K.rool from DK,is the heaviest on the roster,but alot of his attacks can backfire
Sami from advance wars,is the replacement for snake
Andy from advance wars,utilizes a speedy snake style,but uses a wrench for attacking
Squidgirl from splatoon,is typically slow,but can speed up after charging down b
Bomberman,tends to leave bombs to damage enemies,but can use power up armors from 64
Tabuu returns,but is greatly weakened since his defeat.Alts are polygon,wireframe,and alloy
Black mage is a ff rep,utilizing strong magic,but is easily sent flying. alt is Geno.

Dan

Smash Lord

One more DK rep
One more Metroid rep
Golden Sun rep

a Castlevania rep
A Breath of Fire rep

I really like this. I was thinking if I had control over the development of this game, one of my concepts would be to bring back all of the cut characters.

The obvious choices are Dixie, Ridley, Isaac, Geno (though maybe not because of the legal issues), and Cloud?. Not so sure about those franchises that follow, but maybe a Harvest Moon rep would be cool; similar to the Villager.

Dan

Smash Lord
Oh I see. Do you know if there is a reason behind it? I was wondering why I could not find any. That's why I made this one.
The mods just not liking us talking about hypothetical rosters. I don't understand the problem. I think it's just their personal preference; we're just having good conversation.

I don't really think there's a rule for not talking about the hypothetical.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ideal roster:
Current roster + Ice Climbers and Chorus Men

EDIT: And Banjo Kazooie, but that will never happen now. (At least we got Duck Hunt)

Last edited:

espio87

Smash Ace
Being modest I would just add Mewtwo. Nothing more nothing less.
But I were to go for broke, then:
Vets:
-Mewtwo
-Wolf
-Snake
-Ridley
Third Party Newcomers:
-Simon Belmont
-Chrono (I would pick him over ANY FF rep)
-Bayonetta (Sakurai has no excuses after giving Palutena a pole dance taunt xD)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
View attachment 25235
Please don't kill me (especially for 13 KI characters).​
I'd have to kill you for the overload of KI characters and removal of several characters lol

Okay, I'm gonna try a 60 character roster

This would be the starting roster. I'm pulling a Brawl/3DS/Wii U here

And this would be the full roster. Below, are the alt attires that characters can play (yes, I included Roy for a reason). I really wanted Lyn in, but Lucina was enough for me to be satisfied. Seeing that she was originally a Marth alt, Lyn would take her spot and Lucina makes alt attires.

Here is how to unlock the characters:

Jigglypuff: Beat Classic mode with any character or play Vs. 50 times

Ness: Beat Classic mode with Lucas or play Vs. mode 100 times

Meta Knight: Complete Target Test #1 with any character or play Vs. mode 150 times

Falco: Beat Classic mode with Fox on 5.0 difficulty within 20 minutes or play Vs. mode 200 times

Wario: Beat Classic mode with Mario on 5.0 difficulty or higher without continues or play Vs. 300 times

Dixie Kong: Beat Classic mode on 6.0 difficulty in less than 15 minutes or play Vs. mode 400 times

Lyn: Win Event Match #8 or play Vs. mode 500 times

Luigi: Survive 3 Minute Mii Fighters or play Vs. mode 600 times

Ganondorf: Win Event Match #23 on Normal mode or play Vs. mode 700 times

Toon Link: Complete Target Test #3 with 15 characters or play Vs. mode 750 times

Vaati: Beat 15 Minute Mii Fighters or play Vs. mode 800 times

Rosalina: Beat Event Match #29 on Normal modeor play Vs. mode 900 times

Mr. Game & Watch: Beat Classic mode with 20 characters or play Vs. mode 1000 times

Takamaru: Beat 100-Man Mii Fighters or play Vs. mode 1100 times

Isaac: Beat Classic mode with 15 characters or play Vs. mode 1200 times

Medusa: Beat Classic mode with Pit and Palutena at 7.0 difficulty or higher or play Vs. mode 1300 times

Dillon: Defeat 20 Mii Fighters or play Vs. mode 1350 times

Waddle Dee: Beat Classic mode with Kirby 10 times or play Vs. mode 1400 times

Robin: Beat 50 Mii Fighters in Endless mode or play Vs. mode 1500 times

Wolf: Beat Classic mode with 20 characters or play Vs. mode 1600 times

Lucario: Beat Classic mode with all Pokemon characters, or play Vs. mode 1700 times

Bowser Jr: Beat Classic mode with Bowser on 7.0 difficulty or higher three times or play Vs. mode 1800 times

R.O.B.: Beat Classic mode with 25 characters or play Vs. mode 1900 times

Mega Man: Beat Target Test #4 with 20 characters or play Vs. 2000 times

Duck Hunt Dog: Beat Classic mode with 35 characters or play Vs. mode 2100 times

King K. Rool: Beat Event Match #55 on Hard mode or play Vs. mode 2150 times

Mewtwo:Beat Classic mode on 9.0 without continuing or play Vs. 2200 times

Pac-Man: Beat Classc mode with 40 characters or play Vs. mode 2300 times

Ridley: Beat Classic mode with 55 characters or play Vs. 2400 times

Mike Jones: Beat Classic mode with every other character or play Vs. 2500 times

Maybe that's just me, but I like to unlock more characters as the game progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom