• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post any potential discoveries here post patch 1.03(Rush Canceling untouched!)

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Alright, in the event there have been any changes, let's discuss them here and try to prove/debunk them.
I apologize everyone, I hope I haven't damaged my credibility too bad with this one.

Last edited:

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Is this confirmed......? Im at work so I can't test :p

If so eh......whatever lol

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Ftilt has no sweetspot, always doing 2%
Fsmash does 1% less always
Usmash does 15 less always
Fair is always 8% now
Drag effect on bair still meteor smashes thankfully
Uair can do up to an insane 21% now
Crash Bombs knock back is still how I described in my guide
dthrow is 4% now
Bthrow is now 11%
uthrow is 7%
Final Smash now does 40%
Buster still has high priority, although Ganon's fsmash now out prioritizes it(Unsure if it did before actually.)

Will post more as I fiind it.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Is this confirmed......? Im at work so I can't test :p

If so eh......whatever lol
Just tested and can confirm it's removed.

Last edited:

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Geez, why did Mega Man of all characters need to get slapped around with the nerf bat? We're currently at the bottom of all the early tier lists!

I hope you guys find some more buffs in his other moves, because this is a little demoralizing.

juice.Zucco

Smash Cadet
Ftilt has no sweetspot, always doing 2%
Fsmash does 1% less always
Usmash does 15 less always
Fair is always 8% now
Drag effect on bair still meteor smashes thankfully
Uair can do up to an insane 21% now
Crash Bombs knock back is still how I described in my guide
dthrow is 4% now
Bthrow is now 11%
uthrow is 7%
Final Smash now does 40%
Buster still has high priority, although Ganon's fsmash now out prioritizes it(Unsure if it did before actually.)

Will post more as I fiind it.
I have a japanese 3ds and a hacked american 3ds with the version of the game that was released when the game launched and pretty much none of this is true when I compared them side by side. In fact, most of what you listed I can clearly remember from just playing the game and having the numbers in my head. Rush cancelling still works too. Unless the American version of 1.03 is different(which makes no sense at all), then im just going to assume people are jumping to conclusions.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I have a japanese 3ds and a hacked american 3ds with the version of the game that was released when the game launched and pretty much none of this is true when I compared them side by side. In fact, most of what you listed I can clearly remember from just playing the game and having the numbers in my head. Rush cancelling still works too. Unless the American version of 1.03 is different(which makes no sense at all), then im just going to assume people are jumping to conclusions.
I have a list of percents I compared it to.

As for Rush Canceling, I can provide a video if necessary.

Mine is American

juice.Zucco

Smash Cadet
I have a list of percents I compared it to.

As for Rush Canceling, I can provide a video if necessary.

Mine is American
I fought a computer d3 and rush cancelled multiple times so I dont see how its gone from the game. I mean, Im sure you dont have a reason to lie about it, but neither do I, so I dont know whats going on.

Abortion Doc

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why. Even if you look at the conquest charts, Mega Man was the least often used gunner in every single region and the entire world. People don't even want to play as him.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Video is processing, will update OP

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I can Rush Cancel after getting the latest update. I don't know what's going on for anyone else, but it doesn't seem changed to me.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So there's 2 different types of rush canceling... Same mechanic but different usage.

A) insta cancel out of moves that we hit the ground, like Marios dthrow.

B) jumping out of multihit combos... Probably the easiest way to test this would be to use sheiks uair. With the previous patch, we were able to get out consistently before the final hit.

I'm hoping that at least B) is still there, because it makes the Sheik matchup winnable

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So there's 2 different types of rush canceling... Same mechanic but different usage.

A) insta cancel out of moves that we hit the ground, like Marios dthrow.

B) jumping out of multihit combos... Probably the easiest way to test this would be to use sheiks uair. With the previous patch, we were able to get out consistently before the final hit.

I'm hoping that at least B) is still there, because it makes the Sheik matchup winnable
Doesn't seem like I can escape her uair, although while grounded it seemed I escaped the needles.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Actually, I couldn't cancel the needles at higher percents, so it was likely just the low hitstun.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Geez, why did Mega Man of all characters need to get slapped around with the nerf bat? We're currently at the bottom of all the early tier lists!

I hope you guys find some more buffs in his other moves, because this is a little demoralizing.
Rush Canceling wasn't even an intentional tool for him to have anyway.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
this is bs. So many glitches went unchanged and this gets removed???!

Zori

Smash Champion
Zucco and I just tested and it still works, testing on computer is not the best idea because percents vary with moves, I recommend changing the title buddy :] the video you showed had moves that we could never rush cancle out of in the first place

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Zucco and I just tested and it still works, testing on computer is not the best idea because percents vary with moves, I recommend changing the title buddy :] the video you showed had moves that we could never rush cancle out of in the first place
What moves did you test?

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
thanks for confirming zori, @ Opana, just test if you can upb out of mario's dthrow utilt combo...easy as that LOL

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I was positive I canceled out of these before, but if more than one of you can confirm well known moves such as Sheik's can be escaped then there's not much I can say.

EDIT: I've made sure to change the name of my video to not misinform others.

Last edited:

BromVanBrunt

Smash Rookie
Rush Canceling wasn't even an intentional tool for him to have anyway.
Which doesn't change the fact that it's one of his most vital tools, and its removal would hurt him seriously.

Anyway, also tested with a friend. Rush canceling still exists. Other listed changes:

- Ftilt has no sweetspot, always doing 2%: This is true, but I believe that's how it was before.
- Fsmash does 1% less always: Not sure of the previous damage value, but it seems unchanged.
- Usmash does 15 less always: I believe this was meant to say "15 or less", but regardless, it's untrue. Unchanged.
- Fair is always 8% now: It was this way before.
- Uair can do up to an insane 21% now: Might be true, might not. Hard to land precise u-airs. For the same reason, hard to tell whether or not this was an actual change.
- dthrow is 4% now: True, but possibly not a change.
- Bthrow is now 11%: True, but possibly not a change.
- uthrow is 7%: True, but possibly not a change.

So basically, everybody chill, Mega Man hasn't been touched.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Which doesn't change the fact that it's one of his most vital tools, and its removal would hurt him seriously.

Anyway, also tested with a friend. Rush canceling still exists. Other listed changes:

- Ftilt has no sweetspot, always doing 2%: This is true, but I believe that's how it was before.
- Fsmash does 1% less always: Not sure of the previous damage value, but it seems unchanged.
- Usmash does 15 less always: I believe this was meant to say "15 or less", but regardless, it's untrue. Unchanged.
- Fair is always 8% now: It was this way before.
- Uair can do up to an insane 21% now: Might be true, might not. Hard to land precise u-airs. For the same reason, hard to tell whether or not this was an actual change.
- dthrow is 4% now: True, but possibly not a change.
- Bthrow is now 11%: True, but possibly not a change.
- uthrow is 7%: True, but possibly not a change.

So basically, everybody chill, Mega Man hasn't been touched.
Well, I have a list of percents I compiled a bit ago, perhaps I was off on a few.

I'm almost positive on that uair though, I was amazed at 17% but 21%...

Then again, I'm starting to doubt myself all around tbh.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I don't believe that damage was changed at the uair. I do stuff like full hop fair and land with an uair > jump uair and that deals around 40% just the 2 uairs alone. I'm pretty sure that was the dmg originally if every hit connects.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Will keep this thread open for now in case there are any changes found.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah my percents may have been off as I used the demo.

I'll rename the thread then

Abortion Doc

Smash Cadet
So if Mega Man wasn't buffed/nerfed, it leads me to wonder what changes Nintendo actually made to supposedly create a "more pleasant experience". I'm sure the other character boards will find differences. For now this is a relief. :p

BromVanBrunt

Smash Rookie
So if Mega Man wasn't buffed/nerfed, it leads me to wonder what changes Nintendo actually made to supposedly create a "more pleasant experience". I'm sure the other character boards will find differences. For now this is a relief. :p
According to the general boards, the main change was that multi-hit attacks are now slightly more dependable - that is, if you use something like Shulk's fsmash and connect with the first hitbox, the follow-up hitboxes are more likely to land as well. I don't know if it's one hundred percent confirmed, though.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Thanks again for not being too hard on me guys; I appreciate the potential info!

BBC7

Smash Ace
Unconfirmed: It looks like they gave F-Smash more range. Fully charged F-Smash goes 1/2 of FD, which I think is just a bit more than the old range.

Unconfirmed: D-Smash feels faster, although that could just be me not using D-Smash and forgetting how fast it is.

Confirmed: Fair can still sourspot for 5%.

Mega Man feels untouched for the most part.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
So they buffed the upper and/or changed the gravity/weight of Mario? Have you tested it on other characters?

Top Bottom