• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly a New Glitch

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Sup Guys.

I bet most of you are familiar with this glitch, named sleepsliding by JPleal10 (house): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxXIsOQJucc

However, I was playing a random Galaxy match with Badada and a crazy thing happened.

I was playing pikachu and he was playing Ness. I was using my quick attack to ledgestall and bait his dsmash and then I tried to use my upb to recover myself farther onto the stage.

However, his downsmash ended faster than I thought and, for some reason, he tried to intercept my quick attack with pk thunder (lol).

Instead of the normal length of my Pika quick attack (I was aiming it directly left), I jettisoned all the way from the right edge of dreamland to the left blast-line. Like literally, from just above the right edge --> across the stage and further out so i ended up killing myself out the left blastline. This was all done in one burst of the quick attack, and needless to say I was stunned. I am trying to re-create the thing now as I speak, but I cant seem to get it on video for now. I will keep trying and post my results if I get it.

Does anyone know what causes this? Something to do with a frame in Ness' Pk thunder that is similar to Jigg's sing?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Wow, it seems this has been done and it all revolves around going from the right side of DL to the left.

My pika went much farther than that, way off the ledge and past the blast line but its probably the same thing. Looked similar.

Does anyone know the mechanics or explanation behind this?

dandan

Smash Lord
i think it has something to do with clipping through the stage. it can actually occur on other stages, but the weird \ angle of the dreamland stage makes it happen more often. if you just up down left enough times on dreamland, you will get it.
actually happened for me one time on hyrule, upb through the edge near the tent on the right side and off through the left side to death (of course a pause and random wtfjusthappened ensued).

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think what you are talking about has happened to me in a match vs King Funk.

Same situation with the right side of DL where you hit the edge then boom your all the way to your death on the other side o.o;;

That was pretty recent too, i definitely laughed at it :p

Top Bottom