• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Stage Idea

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
This is just an idea that doesn't seem too far off. What if Brawl stages were able to be blasted into. Say you smash someone onto a wall, opening up a new area, and maybe a pipe in the ceiling, going somewhere else. The levels ARE going to have more depth when Brawl comes out so why not like this?

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I'm on the fence about this one...I enjoy the classic single level design of Smash Bros, but I can't really see this hurting much. But I think I'd prefer it to stay single stage.

CHUK

Smash Ace
I Think some cool stages would be Like to almost have a Closed room but bizzare areas where u have to kill someone like
____ ....... ____.................. ___________
|..........................|................|.......................|.......for example maybe a platform in there.would
|..........................|......or........................................fun to knock yer friends off the walls into a
|..........................|...........................................hole.
|___...........___ |................|_________ |

the periods represent nothing it was the only way to make the pic look right.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Sure there would be classic single stage places, but maybe one of the stages will have a special effect like this.

beebee

Smash Apprentice
I think its a very creative idea. I like it. I
A suggestion for a stage i would think would be cool if we had a part which people were fighting in a thunderstorm and lighting could hit you and hail and tornadoes could come out everyonce and a while.
If this idea is bad tell me please :D

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
How about a stage building itself?

For example, there are several tools on the bottom, palette on top, and a mouse cursor, which seemingly does nothing but move around the field, moving towards different positions. Sometimes the undo-dog goes out of his box, but he's mainly harmless.

The stage stays empty, until you attack the mouse cursor, after which it will for a certain distance draw a line. If you picked the line tool (by attacking the ground), it will draw a streight line, on which you can walk. Fortunately white counts as just erasing.

The palette also can switch to stamps, in which certain entities can be placed on screen, doing different things. For example, the baby Yoshi, when touched from the front (having the classic Yoshi sound, pitched based on its height), will swallow you, while the Mario head functions as a bumper (with a piano sound). The cat, dog and pig can cause small damages. The starman, when attacked (it falls rather quickly) will cause a short hail of sprites in the background, with some sprites spawning on the forground.

Meh, I'll make an example later. I had some other fun stuff in mind as well.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
The thunderstorm sounds like a good idea. I still can't get the palette stage all in my head but it sounds like a lot of fun. Who knows what Nintendo might put up? Judging how wierd the samus stages are, also Rainbow Cruise and Icicle Mountain, no idea is too far fetched

Top Bottom