• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new gimp against falcos?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
airdodge could work but at the same time may backfire if mistimed. fsmash is starting and you would have to airdodge through it without ever touching it and land on the stage behind. even after that i think fox could regrab and rethrow...

and the shine stall would be a really bad idea... sure they just dodged the fsmash... but now they are doing a full fledged recovery situation (in case you forgot, falco's recovery is not something you want to put your money on). if they dj back to grab, they face a dsmash waiting, and if they upb they might as well just suicide.

im not saying this is perfect by any means, but this game isnt built on perfect inescapable moves. its built on forcing mistakes via pressuring them. if you limit their options they tend to panic at least a bit. as someone said before even if you dont get them, next time they will be scared and more likely to try and dodge this but land right into something worse.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
fsmash is a start up. i never said spam it. here i happened on this match before you posted this, its on CF but its essentially the same thing.

KDJ vs Jiano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWPBNJ_FG6Q&sdig=1
1:23 and 2:10
The video is against the wrong character.

Also, Jiano got back to the stage every single time except once, at the very end, and was above 60% when that happened. Jiano not only teched it on more than one occasion and up+bed Fox out of it, but also got hit after not being hit by the f-smash (he survives) and dodges KDJ's attack after the f-smash (he survives).

Fox f-smashing for an edgeguard is as effective as Sheik downsmashing for an edgeguard.

It's simple, it's easy, there is low lag time.... but it is far from the most effective thing out there, and far from foolproof. Falcon, the easiest character in the game to edgeguard, was able to get back on more than one occasion.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
wow can you read my posts for once? seriously. you say things i already covered and i sit here back tracking cause youre too lazy too read.

for one, when jiano teched that was a completely different, and irrelevant, situation. you cant tech fsmash at low %.

i also stated that it was the wrong character when i posted it, in the comment you quoted. i just saw the match. i dont feel like going through fox vs falco matches trying to find an example. there might not even be one. oh wait, thats right, i guess if its never been done or thought of before it has to be a bad idea.

and, another thing i stated before, and because im lazy ill just quote it:

im not saying this is perfect by any means, but this game isnt built on perfect inescapable moves. its built on forcing mistakes via pressuring them. if you limit their options they tend to panic at least a bit. as someone said before even if you dont get them, next time they will be scared and more likely to try and dodge this but land right into something worse.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
essentially, you are playing like marth, removing all options but upb and then gimping the upb
im not saying this is perfect by any means
:\

I'm telling you that f-smash after a throw doesn't make an inescapable scenario in the sense that Marth has against the spacies; if you come into a thread that is talking about Fox having inescapable routines and then say "here's something that I just think is cool and effective, but not inescapable", you aren't really contributing very much.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Well, I think we're working under the premise that fox DOESN'T have the capability of controlling the edge in the same fashion marth can. It comes down to knowing falco's options and observing your opponent/predicting their actions off the stage.

What this topic is looking for is a routine you can do to cover common/quick recovery options while leaving you the freedom to recover a slower/more unusual recovery (I.E. Falco stalling via shining)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
thanks brookman. i think fsmash does that pretty well. pressure and possible early kill > possible 40%.

Top Bottom