• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible New AT for Charizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
I don't know how to classify this combo, I've posted this topic on another site a long time ago but I forgot which one... (Haven't seen it on here yet)

I call it "Seismic Toss(-ing)"

It's a chain grab that involve speed and good timing...
(I'll post a video soon of how it's done...)
I'm not that great of describing...
So...
Using B-Throw with Charizard sends your opponent flying backwards a bit, but if you can turn around (dashing) and grab them again be for your opponent hits the ground, you can perform another B-throw, over and over again(depending on %, weight, size of opponent)

A little demonstration with out a vid...(LOL)
Charizard = C Opponent = O Space = - Direction = <(L); >(R)

C---O
C--O(dashing towards)
C-O
CO (grab)
<CO (b throw)
O---C
O-C (dashing back to grab again)
OC>(b throw again)
C-O
CO
<CO
and so on...

It loses it's potiential when your opponent % is in the 70's(also depending on character)
So try to use this early in %'s like Lucario's Force Palm chain...

And for some reason I find the combo/technique devastating on Marth:chuckle:

EDIT: If this is done right, you should be able to grab your opponent over 5 times in a row... (the most I've gotten was 8 in a row)

and I don't know if this has been discussed before, my bad if it has...

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
all your doing is back throwing him in a row, i wouldn't call it a combo. Usually it'll work about 2 times. If the person DI the way of the throw you're not going to grab them again.

T-block

B2B TST
yeah it's not guaranteed...i don't think it's guaranteed even at 0%. if they DI down they'll land and be able to act before you can regrab. even if they don't DI down i don't think there's enough hitstun to land a regrab guaranteed even

Toby.

Smash Master
Thanks for sharing, Chronic. Unfortunately this is something that's been known for a long, long time. It only works past the first regrab if they have terrible DI, and as t-block said, even that first regrab can be avoided.

Thanks anyway. Pity you went to so much trouble with the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom