• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible infinite kick?

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
So let me start here...I saw a video of someone unveiling an infinite jab with link. This was done by crouching at the end of the first strike's animation to cancel the 2nd and 3rd jabs in the series. With the right timing, you can lock an opponent (at varying percentages) into an infinite strike, which can be finished with an Usmash.

I believe this could achieve the same results with Yoshi's neutralA. Just as his foot starts to descend after the first jab, you can input a crouch to cancel the second kick. Then follow up with another neutralA. If your timing is on, you should be able to lock opponents (again, at varying percentages) into a series of infinite jabs. This could be followed up with either Usmash or Dspecial.

I need help confirming this!!

EDIT: Let me add that this appears to work for low to mid damage and spacing might be an important factor. I get this to work best when the opponent is on the far side of the kick's hitbox.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
There was a similar thing in Brawl, where we could basically "jab lock" people with Jab 1 if our spacing was jussssssst right. I think the necessary hitbox was the one at the tip of Yoshi's foot.

Unfortunately, I have no real way of being able to help confirm this. I could try some training mode stuff later, but midterms are eating up my time right now. =(

@ Slice~ Slice~ @ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush

Any word on a jab lock/infinite yet?

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
Midterms are more important, lol. I've been playing around in training, and even got it a couple of times in online matches, but only for like 3 hits or so. I blame that more on my failed timing.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What you did might also not be a true infinite, but a frame or DI trap of sorts. Are you sure your repeated Jabs are guaranteed hits?

Last edited:

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
I haven't heard the term frame trap before, so I don't know the difference. I am also not sure if they are "guaranteed hits". This was a technique I saw a link do (since I'm trying to get better with him), and tried to translate into Yoshi tech. I'm hoping someone better than me can confirm this to work or not. But it seems to be a relatively newly discovered feature for links, and I wasn't sure if any Yoshi's had tried to figure this out yet.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
There was actually some discussion on this taking place not too long ago in the Yoshi skype group, we haven't confirmed whether it can infinite anybody or not. Iirc we found it works particularly great on Sonic and Fox however, but it needs to be spaced to the point where they're hit around the front of his foot to keep it going.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
BRB

edit: well, just tried it in training, and even a CPU Link is able to just float out of it.
So...

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
If it does work, then it'll work mostly on taller rush-down characters and faster fallers. I do it on Link when I'm feeling salty, and it works on the characters I described, but Link might be too floaty.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Doesn't seem to work. Yoshi's jab doesn't cover as much range as Link's and people can still DI or jump away from Yoshi's while Link's jab has been getting better and better with each game.

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
I might have just gotten it due to internet lag, but I have a friend coming over in a bit, and I can test it better.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
On floaty characters yes on fast fallers jab to down-b still works

The Stack

Smash Rookie
I have been attempting to recreate this to no success. I may just suck though.

Shiri

Smash Chump
The hitbox to get this is very specific (still strange how this works with Yoshi's foot) and DI with any character floats you out of this after 7-10 hits. Energies are much better invested elsewhere unless you specifically use a timeout strategy and always seem to find yourself in the right spacing to use this at will (just my opinion).

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I got around 10 hits on Bowser with it last night and chained it into a down-B. It's super easy to pull off if you have the C-stick set to attack, which I think is pretty common in Sm4sh.

HoS_Beast

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xillians
I did some experimentation on this a long time ago. i came to the same conclusion the others did. it is not worth it to spend time practicing this since even if we may get a good 20-30% out of it. there is only a small chance it will actually happen in any match. Unless you have run out of tech to practice, id leave this alone

Top Bottom