• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible high damage combo on ROB

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey ness mains!

No need for a wall of text, I'll get to the point.
Utilt (I somehow had a better footstool accuracy when I did utilt from behind) > footstool > downB (timing is hard, you got it right when you are on the ground) > reverse jab > jablock > dtilt for damage stacking > finisher.

Too bad my fingers aren't fast enough to get the downB right and do a pivot jab, my controller is also a ***** when tilting, so reversing is hard.

Lock if this turns out useless/already been tested.

No flaming please, I'm only here to help ;)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Why does everyone seem to be targeting ROB in their combo attempts?

Anyway, to the point, it might work, but I'd need to test it properly. Hell, I'll try it out now!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why does everyone seem to be targeting ROB in their combo attempts?

Anyway, to the point, it might work, but I'd need to test it properly. Hell, I'll try it out now!
His stand up animation is longer :laugh:

Like I said, it's probably hard to get down or even do consistantly, heck it might even not exist. But it's worth the try :)

EDIT: editted first post to reflect the starting utilt

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
poor R.O.B.
He's like the opposite of Melee Samus.
Instead of having no combos in a game where you need combos, he is comboed in a game with no combos.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Isn't this the previously mentioned 90% combo/jab lock setup/PK Random/whatever?
It is? Hell.

Thought of this after testing the ZSS infinite on rob and figured that characters with a jablock and a momentum break can take use out of it.

EDIT: Yup it is.

I had no intent to copy something or repost.

By this I request a lock

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I was like this is posted already -.-.
btw this one won't work anyways, rob slides too far away when you psi magnet for it to work properly. for rob you have to eiter FF fair or FF wimp bair, then go into the jab lock.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yea, I was like this is posted already -.-.
btw this one won't work anyways, rob slides too far away when you psi magnet for it to work properly. for rob you have to eiter FF fair or FF wimp bair, then go into the jab lock.
That didn´t come out as a result from my testing...
The problem I had is that I wasn´t able to perform the pivot jab as my controller and fingers disallowed me to do so, I clearly saw there was enough time though

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
poor R.O.B.
He's like the opposite of Melee Samus.
Instead of having no combos in a game where you need combos, he is comboed in a game with no combos.
That's the best analagy i've seen in a long tme. Poor R.O.B.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you happened to make this up yourself anyway, good job. It's a strange coincidence, I'd say.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Well, if you happened to make this up yourself anyway, good job. It's a strange coincidence, I'd say.
I know it sounds strange that I figured this out just after it got released, but believe what you want.

I already told you people my reasoning (after trying the zss one I tried it with people with a momentum break and a jab lock, and ness just happened to be just that) I had no intent of copying or anything.

Again, can this be locked?

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why it isn't...
Mod posts are relatively common on this board. Try changing the title?
(I have no clue if you can do this)

Top Bottom