• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible grab combos?

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Inspiration thread here
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177503

So, I tried it out with the CPU real quick. If anyone else who wants to explore more can give more input.

Basically, since there are limited options of which a character breaks free of a grab, we can take advantage of knowing where they are able to end up, pretty exploitable due to the fact that the grab breaker outer person cannot get out of the breaking free animation.

With the jump release, you can DAC into their escape, with the triple hit combo making it unairdodgeable.

With the ground release, the distance grain is not very far, may be able to follow up with a quick attack such as dsmash or a jab combo.

Anyone else want to try this out? Its hard to enough to land grab with Link, let's make it count.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a couple videos in which Yoshi uses this vs MK, and also a thread about Bowser's chaingrab in the tactical discussion....

Hopefully it helps Link a lot, thanks for the info.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I've been doing this for a while by now.

Grab > Pummle > A or B

A) If they jump release, DAC, like you said.
B) If normal release, I try to follow with two jabs, stopping before the 3rd to grab AGAIN, and either repeat the process of throw how I want.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Punishing normal release is pretty hard, both people have breaking free animation. Anything you do can be avoided. Best thing to do is mindgamez between another grab and jabs.

Top Bottom