• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Character Announcement: Mario Kart 8 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
I am really curious about this. As you know, characters are often announced when new games are released. So, what character could they possibly reveal for the release of Mario Kart 8.

The most likely character to be announced is, well..... WARIO!!!

upload_2014-5-3_21-19-48.jpeg

Wario is a character that has been in almost every Mario Kart game (including the Mario Kart 8) and spin off games of Mario, so it would be a great time to announce him. His chances of getting in are very high and Wario was a popular character in Brawl, and is quite a unique fighter. There is no other Mario series characters that we can really say are definitely getting in, but we know it is almost guaranteed that Wario is getting in. Soooooo, if Wario is not announced the day the game releases, who could be. :confused:

If it is not Wario, than it will probably be a Mario representative or someone related to the Mario or Mario Kart games. Time to get creative!

This one is a bit of a stretch already,but there are MANY things pointing towards them joining. The Mii has been a playable character in the last two Mario Kart games, and Mario Kart 8. The Mii is a Nintendo icon really. They are the avatars of everyone who plays the Wii and Wii U and is also used as mascots for Nintendo. They are also specifically in some Mario spin off games. Seeing as they are able to be used in Mario Kart 8, it would also be a good time to announce the Mii. There are MANY things pointing towards them coming back. The Tomodachi Life and Find Mii stages both represent the Miis well, as they are the main characters in them. Tomodachi Life especially, where the entire game is Miis going through their life. The Find Mii stage even has its own icon, instead of the Smash Bros icon used for stages that do not come from a series of games other than Smash Bros. The Miis would also be very nice to represent people online during matches. The only thing that is preventing the Miis from getting in is that, well, how would they work. They do not fit as well as other characters, the Miis are not the type of character to fight ninjas and swordsmen. A moveset for them would also be kind of hard to come up with, as the Miis are normally very peaceful characters. Sakurai also normally does not reveal newcomers on release dates for these games.

This character is stretching it a bit as well. Paper Mario.

This guy has NOTHING to do with Mario Kart, but Little Mac was announced the day a Donkey Kong game came out, and we got Toon Link again, so there is still a chance. Paper Mario is a popular character and would be a good addition to the roster. His moveset could resolve around his hammer which is one of his main gameplay features in the Paper Mario series, and he could also use his partners and pixies to help him out with specials and smashs. He is still getting more games and is the most liked alternate Mario. He has four games, all of them are like (Sticker Star was indifferent, but a good amount of people like it) and had a game on all Nintendo home consoles since the N64. He fits in well with the other characters, being very cartoon-ish and animated, sort of like Toon Link. Toon Like also proves that alternate character forms are possible. Toon Link is just another Link, as Paper Mario is just an alternate form of Mario. There is some things holding him back though. Paper Mario has only been in four games, but when you think about that, the Ice Climbers have only been in one outside of Smash, so not a huge thing holding him back. Half of his games have mixed feelings. The first two most people agree are great, but the second two people are indifferent on. He is also not as iconic and not as many people know about him as they know Mario, although you could say the same about Toon Link as well. I personally hope he gets in, I think he would be a great addition.

They may not even announce a character at all. They did not announce Meta Knight for the release of Kirby Triple Deluxe, so they may not reveal a character for the release of Mario Kart 8 at all. But Mario Kart 8 is a highly hyped game that Nintendo has been trying to advertise as much as the new Smash Bros. It is highly possible that they do, so here is hoping to a new and awesome character!! :D

Maybe you have an idea of who they may add or maybe you may disagree with my ideas. Thanks for reading! :warioc:

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
Wario getting announced is possible, although I don't see him doing anyone considering Yoshi's New Island failing to do Yoshi.
You do not see him doing anyone? What do you mean by that? And well, I kind of liked Yoshi's New Island. It was kind of basic, but fun. Yoshi was normal Yoshi in it, just because of one game they wouldn't remove a classic character.

Last edited:

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
I don't see him doing any character for Mario Kart 8 because I doubt any more true Mario characters will be in the game. Wario, DK, and Yoshi I count as their own series.
While Wario is counted as his own series, he is still a pretty big character in the Mario Kart games and Mario games in general.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
While Wario is counted as his own series, he is still a pretty big character in the Mario Kart games and Mario games in general.
Doesn't Matter. Don't think he's gonna do anything except maybe a stage.

Also Waluigi is part of the Warioverse now, alongside Ashley. So, yeah, it's its own full-fledged one.

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
Doesn't Matter. Don't think he's gonna do anything except maybe a stage.

Also Waluigi is part of the Warioverse now, alongside Ashley. So, yeah, it's its own full-fledged one.
I'm aware that they are part of the Warioverse, although it would be a shame to have a huge release for Nintendo, just have a stage for Smash to go along with it, instead of a character.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't think we'll see paper mario when mk8 releases but rather at e3 and here's why.

The James Anderson leak suggest that an inteligent system game is on his way to the wiiu. If you look at the date, this leak was on September 30 2012 so assuming that his game began his development months before, the said game has a good chance to be ready to be shown for e3. But We didn't got a paper mario game since sticker star and since it's likely that we are getting one for wiiu, there's a hight chance that the said game is a paper mario one on wiiu.

And here, I think you know where I'm going with this: announce the game via trailer but reveal paper mario for ssb4 at the end of it. That would be so fitting and more plausible than him getting revealed on the release of mk8.

Not to mention that no newcomers got revealed via potd but rather via direct or trailer at e3.

On a side note, if you like paper mario, you can go to his thread I actually am the owner of it you presence would be welcome!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wario getting announced is possible, although I don't see him doing anyone considering Yoshi's New Island failing to do Yoshi.
Yoshi's New Island hasn't even released in Japan yet which is what the reveal schedule is based on. Zelda was revealed late December, the day ALBW released in Japan, rather than November like everywhere else. Similarly Dedede was revealed on the Japanese release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe in January and we didn't even get anyone else for the American release yesterday. Diddy was an exception but that was because of the direct schedule, and DKC is more western oriented. (Diddy is the only Western character in the roster)

No idea why Yoshi was revealed for the direct, though.

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
It is
I don't think we'll see paper mario when mk8 releases but rather at e3 and here's why.

The James Anderson leak suggest that an inteligent system game is on his way to the wiiu. If you look at the date, this leak was on September 30 2012 so assuming that his game began his development months before, the said game has a good chance to be ready to be shown for e3. But We didn't got a paper mario game since sticker star and since it's likely that we are getting one for wiiu, there's a hight chance that the said game is a paper mario one on wiiu.

And here, I think you know where I'm going with this: announce the game via trailer but reveal paper mario for ssb4 at the end of it. That would be so fitting and more plausible than him getting revealed on the release of mk8.

Not to mention that no newcomers got revealed via potd but rather via direct or trailer at e3.

On a side note, if you like paper mario, you can go to his thread I actually am the owner of it you presence would be welcome!
It is very unlikely for Paper Mario to get in for the release of Mario Kart 8, I had him as a possibility as he is a wanted Mario representative and he would fit well in the game. They also revealed Little Mac for a Donkey Kong game, so It isn't impossible, Sakurai likes to troll us after all.. I hope he does get announced at some point. :D

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's New Island hasn't even released in Japan yet which is what the reveal schedule is based on. Zelda was revealed late December, the day ALBW released in Japan, rather than November like everywhere else. Similarly Dedede was revealed on the Japanese release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe in January and we didn't even get anyone else for the American release yesterday. Diddy was an exception but that was because of the direct schedule, and DKC is more western oriented. (Diddy is the only Western character in the roster)

They were probably just tweaking Yoshi's design and didn't have him ready yet. Sakurai did really emphasize he was standing upright, so maybe they had to fix up his character model, and it was only ready by the time the direct came.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Little Mac is too. Good point nonetheless, although I still doubt he'll reveal anything for MK8.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wario or bust.

Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario aren't even in Mario Kart 8, Waluigi has been officially deconfirmed and the only other options would be the hugely unlikely ones of Toad(who has been semi deconfirmed already) and maybe Daisy(whom isn't hugely promoted, relevant or reoccurring in the Super Mario titles) Or the Koopalings.

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
Wario or bust.

Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario aren't even in Mario Kart 8, Waluigi has been officially deconfirmed and the only other options would be the hugely unlikely ones of Toad(who has been semi deconfirmed already) and maybe Daisy(whom isn't hugely promoted, relevant or reoccurring in the Super Mario titles) Or the Koopalings.
I mentioned Paper Mario because he is a Mario representative of the Mario series in general, and it's not like they announced a character that didn't have to with the game that's released before.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I concur; Wario seems likely.
For as creepy as I find him, I enjoyed his moveset in Brawl. He's a lot of fun to play as.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No other choice than wario

(Unless which is less than a hairline chance this will happen but still a couple of more slots for mario kart 8 besides dlc)

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I'm only expecting to see the wii u mario kart stage, hopefully the mario kart 8 version of rainbow road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom