• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Brawl Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiskeTheBeast

Smash Rookie
well in my country the games DID get delayed, but only 2 days xD

****, another 2 days without brawl

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
I was under the impression that:

A) The game was confirmed via Japanese commercials to have gone gold in Japan, confirming that the game has been sent to be printed.

and

B) The Japanese smash bros games have had an english text option, meaning that translation has already been done.

With these two bits of info, I don't see any valid reason for a delay. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Tony_

Smash Ace
You fools dont see that the game is delayed muwhahha
Quit typing that $hit. No one wants to see and the only good its doing is pissing people off, *****.

Also, there isn't going to be a delay anywhere. Period. Not only would it be foolish, but it would be harsh to the millions waiting for the game.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
You fools dont see that the game is delayed muwhahha
i m sry i m stupd prson dat cant typ plz 4giv meh

Learn to type properly.

If there IS a delay:

1.I would die a little on the inside. How much time do they need? So much time that we'll forget about it? They should have just called it Smash Bros.Forever because it'll never come out. (Yay, joke on Duke Nukem)

2.It would only be a small delay. Delayed games usually don't end up showing commercials, and then getting delayed, do they?

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
what more could they get done by delaying a game 20 days? Unless they just want to stock up which doesnt make sense, "why let some people get the game later when you can let EVERYONE get the game later?!"

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I know there was a thread made like this and it got locked, but this needs to be made known.

I work at EB, and our computers have updated the release date to March 1st without any notice. It's not just MY EB, it's every EB across Canada, and likely anywhere else, for that matter.

There have been other posts claiming that workers at GameStop also have the same release date in their computers.

When I called my local MicroPlay, they had the same response: the computers show March 1st.

Best Buy on the other hand has Feb 10th.

I'm clearly not saying that there's going to be a delay, but why the hell is this happening? Another delay certainly isn't out of the question.

I'm afraid that the first post after the new year is another delay. If tomorrow's ISN'T a delay notice, then there's nothing to worry about, since they'd tell us by now for sure, with the game a month away.
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER listen to release dates from ANYONE accept for the PUBLISHER/DEVELOPER.

Ebgames ****s up release dates all the time as do other retailers. The only way to know for sure is to listen to the developer and or publisher.

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
i m sry i m stupd prson dat cant typ plz 4giv meh

Learn to type properly.

If there IS a delay:

1.I would die a little on the inside. How much time do they need? So much time that we'll forget about it? They should have just called it Smash Bros.Forever because it'll never come out. (Yay, joke on Duke Nukem)

2.It would only be a small delay. Delayed games usually don't end up showing commercials, and then getting delayed, do they?
The commercials were not USA ones if you had noticed.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
all these places arte getting the dates messed up so don't sweat it because they're all different dates.
besides they're already advertising brawl in japan. do u think they'd do that if th game was going to be delayed anyways

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
I work at EB also and glitches like that happen in the computer all the time. It'll get fixed in a day or two.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Please for the love of god, stop listening to anything other than what the publisher says. Please!

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
A moderator (or h.e you spell it) needs to come in and close this thread since it might turn into a flame war >_>

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Someone was wondering how Brawl could be released on a Sunday.
Big games like this sometimes get released on weekends rather than workdays to stop people from skipping work/school to go buy it.
Look at the Dragon Quest series. In Japan, it is literally illegal for a Dragon Quest game to come out on a workday because so many people play hooky to go buy it.

Also, stop arguing people. Some (gullible) people will believe that Brawl will be delayed and others will never believe that unless a delay is officially confirmed. But arguing and trying to convince people solves nothing.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is old, the game has gone gold, it cannot be delayed anymore, repeat after me the game cannot be delayed anymore.
That was a rumor that SamuraiPanda debunked. It is neither confirmed nor deconfirmed to have gone gold. And besides, it went gold IN JAPAN! Remember, Nintendo cares about Japan more then the Americas. In Japan it is either confirmed to about to have gone gold, or it has gone gold, and that was a rumor to begin with. And the box art was done incorrectly, lol! :laugh:

As for this delay, it's not going to happen. If they do that, I'll personally start a petition and get everyone on the SWF to sign it. And they COULD NOT POSSIBLY DO THAT-that'd kill business with Nintendo. TAKE NOTHING OUTSIDE OF THE DOJO, SAKURAI SAYS, OR WHAT SOMEONE HIGH UP AT NINTENDO SAYS AS FACT! This is something to keep in mind, but again-it is impossible to delay the game. Stocks will go down with Brawl, and that will be the 3rd delay. The fact that Japan would have had the game further would kill Nintendo. It's going to come out on Febuary 10th, and in large quantities. If it doesn't, Nintendo will have screwed over most of their dedicated fans, and we'll be pissed. O, and I'll start a petition, and get 10,000 signatures, guanenteed.

All I can say is Nintendo fails with release dates. Halo 3 went to Europe and Australia within a week, while Japan is the usual favored Nintendo area (and it will be lucky to be 1.5 million of the game's sales), while Australia and Europe get screwed up the a**. If they delay the game here, they sure as hell better have a good reason to do so. The game is finished (or near finished) in all the languages it is set to be published in (hint: Dojo site in 6 languages and the game has or is about to have gone gold=ya), but it's stupid that they are still focusing on printing their minor titles, that no one gives a f*** about. Nintendo gets it's owned by Kojima, Sony, and Microsoft every second of everyday with release dates, PERIOD!

And if this delay happens, it sure as hell better be delay in Japan-which will never happen due to Nintendo's blind favoritism towards Japan, which is a MUCH smaller market then Europe. I'm not expecting a delay, but if Nintendo pulls it, then I will start a petition, and get all of you to sign it, PERIOD! But thankfully even Nintendo isn't that dumb. :) Ya that's right-I'm no fanboy, I'm a gamer.

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
ANOTHER delay thread?

Are you serious?

If the Japanese game has gone gold, the US game is finishing up translations. It's not like a game like Fire Emblem, where you have to change every letter, and invent new games to avoid copyrights, and nerf difficulties because Americans aren't as intelligent. The characters all have set names, the gameplay doesn't have to change at all, and it's not all that text heavy.

And it wouldn't make sense to delay it at this point, anyway. Now if we were talking about the European release? Sure. You have to translate it into English, German, Swedish, French, the list goes on...

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
ANOTHER delay thread?

Are you serious?

If the Japanese game has gone gold, the US game is finishing up translations. It's not like a game like Fire Emblem, where you have to change every letter, and invent new games to avoid copyrights, and nerf difficulties because Americans aren't as intelligent. The characters all have set names, the gameplay doesn't have to change at all, and it's not all that text heavy.

And it wouldn't make sense to delay it at this point, anyway. Now if we were talking about the European release? Sure. You have to translate it into English, German, Swedish, French, the list goes on...
They really nerf the difficulty because they think we can't handle it? lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Remember when EB had the date for December 07 about a year in advance?

Yeah.

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
What if the delay is in canada? Lets hope there isnt any delay anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom