• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Alternate Costume for Olimar?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys I was wondering if Olimar will be getting an alternate costume that does not represent another character of the Pikmin series.

What alternate costumes do you see working/fitting for our Pikmin Leader?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Louie and Alph they both have a Similar build to Olimar. Or just a color scheme of there suits.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I wish we could somehow get all the captains as Alts but I don't see that happening. I am hoping at least for Louie and then Alph. A rep for every game sort of.
I wish I could go around chucking pikmin as the President. Shacho! He took on the loan sharks. Bowser ain't got nothing on him.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
From what the leaker said (the one that leaked the character roster), Olimar's fifth through eighth costume will be Alph.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Was it the same leaker? I didn't know that.
Well I somewhat hope it's true... I like Alph. Too bad for no Louie and others. Though I understand why.

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
Olimar has only 3 alts i can think of Alph, Brittany, and Captin Charlie and if Sakurai only wants 1 alt for Olimar its probably Brittany why not Alph? Well i have some facts and proof to prove Brittany will be Olimars alt. Theres a trophy of her, and smash needs more females. Not saying she will be a character but she might be an alt.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Why? I'd think they'd go with brittany, she seems like the most obvious choice since she's female. Although she is a bit taller than olimar I believe so that might be why

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Let's not forget Britanny's deconfirmation: "Here's one of my personal favorites, the trophy of Brittany from Pikmin 3. She won't be joining the battle, but her model and expression is well-designed."

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if the leak about the alph alt is true i wonder if the purple pikmin will become rock pikmin

i dont theyd work differently in smash

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So im glad Alph is an Alt. Costume. Maybe Louie, Brittany and Charlie as recolors!

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
I could really settle with a Brittany Recolor

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Bummer, I'd loved to see all of them (Louie, the President, Alph, Brittany and Charlie) since this time it was perfectly possible.

Oh well.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So guys.

Alph confirmed. Along with some other goodies.

WORD!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So guys.

Alph confirmed. Along with some other goodies.

WORD!
OMG Real Fire rosalina!!! No ponytail but that's good enough!! Oh and I guess those other guys are cool too

Glad the dixie alt cam back, If dixie's in I hope she'll get an alt resembling diddy. That'd be really cool

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Here's the image flipped for those who don't wanna edit it.

Last edited:

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
I really wish they gave 8 costumes to both of them. It's kinda jarring that Little Mac has 8 costumes for both normal and wireframe forms.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really wish they gave 8 costumes to both of them. It's kinda jarring that Little Mac has 8 costumes for both normal and wireframe forms.
I'm actually more disappointed Olimar didn't at least get 12, and get Louie as a third captain or something. 16 with Brittany would've been perfect, too. Oh well, still glad Alph's in.

As an update, according to Zipzo (who's wife reportedly took the picture), the announcer does actually say "Pikmin and Alph", meaning that Alph is essentially his own character.

Yesssssss

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm actually more disappointed Olimar didn't at least get 12, and get Louie as a third captain or something. 16 with Brittany would've been perfect, too. Oh well, still glad Alph's in.

As an update, according to Zipzo (who's wife reportedly took the picture), the announcer does actually say "Pikmin and Alph", meaning that Alph is essentially his own character.

Yesssssss
Why he didn't just get his own slot but Doctor Mario and Dark pit did, I'll never understand

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why he didn't just get his own slot but Doctor Mario and Dark pit did, I'll never understand
Well, I don't honestly know. Dark Pit at least has the Dark Pit Staff in his render, which would function very differently from Pit's bow. So I can see that. Doc...Pills/FS I guess? (Also no one wants to see Medical Fludd, so I'll bet that isn't a thing.)

I guess it really isn't that hard to just swap captains, since they're all basically the same, even down to outfit basically in Pikmin? (I'm of course speaking of design, not character. Alph and Olimar and Charlie are all very different from eachother. And then there's LOUIE. "FOOD! FOOD!" Oh Louie... <3)

So I don't know. I just hope either Alph has Rock Pikmin (Since they're functionally the same as how Purples work in Smash) or Rocks are in the custom moves. Honestly though, only 6/7 is just weird.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Pills and KI weapons. I know that's there's the rock pikmin but... Well, seems like he wasn't different enough to have his own cloned moveset.
Changing his stats could make him very different, he could be the slow and more powerful/Faster and weaker olimar with a few different moves like Ganondorf or Toon Link. Honestly I don't see dark pit using his weapons since he was with Doctor mario and lucina on the roster which are the cloniest of clones

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Changing his stats could make him very different, he could be the slow and more powerful/Faster and weaker olimar with a few different moves like Ganondorf or Toon Link. Honestly I don't see dark pit using his weapons since he was with Doctor mario and lucina on the roster
I can't see Sakurai just putting the staff there for funsies. He's going to use it somewhere.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I can't see Sakurai just putting the staff there for funsies. He's going to use it somewhere.
I don't see him not being a clone though, It just baffles me that he'd give clones to already well represent franchises, Pikmin deserves a 2nd rep far more than Kid icarus does 3 or mario 7

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Changing his stats could make him very different, he could be the slow and more powerful/Faster and weaker olimar with a few different moves like Ganondorf or Toon Link. Honestly I don't see dark pit using his weapons since he was with Doctor mario and lucina on the roster which are the cloniest of clones
I can imagine Dark Pit being semi-clone, in the sense that he can copy Pit's moveset with different weapons. Claws instead of the arm, others orbitars, and that staff instead of the arrow. He would still use the Silver bow for melee attacks.

If Dark Pit is nothing close to Pit, like Lucina is to Marth, I think I'm gonna be pissed a bit.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't see him not being a clone though, It just baffles me that he'd give clones to already well represent franchises, Pikmin deserves a 2nd rep far more than Kid icarus does 3 or mario 7
It sure does. I had a dream where they announced Louie once, it was glorious....and a dream. :sadsheep:

I'm sure he'll be a semi-clone at least. He probably just has different orbitars, and a different shot from the staff, as well as an arm.

I think at least a few of his normals will be very different though.

DK deserves a third rep more than any of those though. Sigh....

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It sure does. I had a dream where they announced Louie once, it was glorious....and a dream. :sadsheep:

I'm sure he'll be a semi-clone at least. He probably just has different orbitars, and a different shot from the staff, as well as an arm.

I think at least a few of his normals will be very different though.

DK deserves a third rep more than any of those though. Sigh....
DK deserves 4 tbh, metroid needs at least 3 (Why dark samus is a clone really baffles me too), Kirby deserves a 4th, Mother deserves 3 more than KI and Star fox deserves a 4th more

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
http://warchamp7.com/famitsu-view

It kinda looks like them I guess
Now that I see Alph in game his eyes really bug me. I'm kinda disappointed with most of the alt costumes cause I was expecting just a little more (couldn't even put a ponytail on Fire Peach?) but a few jump out at me like the latter half of Palutena's and most of the pink ones. I kinda miss the teal and gold+black Olimar colours though.

Top Bottom