• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portal Mafia! Game Over!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
What are you try'na gain from any of those questions? What were you looking to gain from asking STEW about that SK shiz? Your questions seem totally aimless.

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
Oh. Your logic looks right here, so I guess I'd have to go after the goon ASAP before the puppet gets lynched and you lose the night kill. Which more or less means scumhunting and playing like a normal townie... which is what a normal indy does. I think you're making the SK's play out to be more complicated than it is.
So you would scumhunt? Would you attempt to shoot them at night as well?

What are you try'na gain from any of those questions? What were you looking to gain from asking STEW about that SK shiz? Your questions seem totally aimless.
Stew was here and posting when I was. Are you upset that I asked him? If not, I've misunderstood what "STEW" is supposed to mean.

#HBC | Gorf

It just seems... OFF, you asking Stew and Stew only. It also seems OFF that you seem to be dwelling on mechanics that are either insignificant (my definition is god) or obvlivious (again, my definition is god). Especially when you say it was Nabe doing it...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
So you would scumhunt? Would you attempt to shoot them at night as well?
Yes. It's apparent that the goon is a huge threat to the indy. I mean I guess I would like shoot maybe my 3rd or 2nd scum pick so I could keep the number 1 scum pick to push as a lynch to push, but yeah I'd try to shoot him.

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
It just seems... OFF, you asking Stew and Stew only. It also seems OFF that you seem to be dwelling on mechanics that are either insignificant (my definition is god) or obvlivious (again, my definition is god). Especially when you say it was Nabe doing it...
Again: why OFF in capital letters?
Dealing with the lowercase variant, why is it off to have only asked Stew?
Why is it "especially off" that Nabe would do so?

And what is insignificant or oblivious(?) about the SK wincon? Knowing what we expect from the SK and considering how we might play it ourselves informs the town strat in turn, since the SK is the killing faction.

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
Sold: The SK knows who the puppet is -- would you consider reading the puppet in order to find their partner? Can you think of a situation when killing the puppet could be beneficial?

Raziek: How might you expect the mafia play to differ from the SK play?

Gord: What character are you?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Mafia has no kill, so I expect more play in the forefront to manipulate lynches to their own ends.

They really only have two major routes of play here:

1. Let the SK run amok and try to steal victory in a low-playercount situation.

2. Manipulate the lynches as active players, and essentially play the game as Town.

#HBC | Gorf

Oh I forgot I didn't.

Your play in no way constitutes town trying to get a feel for how other townies play as SK here. Your play in general feels way too much like you're trying to pass yourselves off as an innocence factor, which strikes an odd chord to me, seeing as how both heads have plenty of experience in the game of mafia (Tery no matter how trash garbage you think you may be you've played plenty'a mafia so you get no pass). And don't even try to pass it off as RVS schenanigans cuz what the hell type of RVS schenanigans involve those types of questions? What the hell motive was there to even ask those questions? Your play just seems off mang.

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie

And what is insignificant or oblivious(?) about the SK wincon? Knowing what we expect from the SK and considering how we might play it ourselves informs the town strat in turn, since the SK is the killing faction.
Gord: What character are you?
You're deflecting with a shallow vote, reasoning after the fact. You refuse to answer questions, many of which are asking you to elaborate on things you've already said. You cut under the issue entirely, shying away from addressing my reason for talking about the SK and instead saying "your questions suck imo". You instead pass it off as role spec and decry it, when instead I'm speculating on common knowledge that informs the town strat, underlying the other wincons and by extension telling us what we need to do to win.

I find it hard to believe I've found scum 20-30 posts into the day. Is English your first language?

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
Your play in no way constitutes town trying to get a feel for how other townies play as SK here.
Good, since if that were the intent it would be a stupid and pointless question.
You call Stew a townie here.

Your play in general feels way too much like you're trying to pass yourselves off as an innocence factor
What does this mean?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Sold: The SK knows who the puppet is -- would you consider reading the puppet in order to find their partner? Can you think of a situation when killing the puppet could be beneficial?
Yeah sure, I'd read the puppet for connections. And you could essentially bus the puppet to make it like not obvious that you're trying to keep the puppet alive or something. Not a terrible trade-off if you're confident in your day phase game.

Honestly I'ma have to agree with Gorf on this one. What have you gotten out of your questions to me and what did you hope to gain? And asking Gorf for his character is also really weird and rolefishy. I like your question to Raziek, and I double like his analysis.

#HBC | Gorf

Korean BBQ said:
You're deflecting with a shallow vote, reasoning after the fact. You refuse to answer questions, many of which are asking you to elaborate on things you've already said. You cut under the issue entirely, shying away from addressing my reason for talking about the SK and instead saying "your questions suck imo". You instead pass it off as role spec and decry it, when instead I'm speculating on common knowledge that informs the town strat, underlying the other wincons and by extension telling us what we need to do to win.

I find it hard to believe I've found scum 20-30 posts into the day. Is English your first language?
It's not just me guys, right?

#HBC | Gorf

1. Sold2
2. Korean BBQ - (Nabe/Tery)
3. Gorf
4. (:xXx11!1!LegOLAAAzz!!11XxX:) - (Sworddancer/Brosuke)
5. Raziek
6. Ryker
7. Moth

Okay this activity is ridiculous.

@Mod request mass prod (preferably to each head of each playerslot) please and thank you!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 1.1 - Deadline 20th December [4/7]

Sold2 [0]
Korean BBQ [1] - Gorf
Gorf [0]
(:xXx11!1!LegOLAAAzz!!11XxX:) [0]
Raziek [0]
Lunar Disco Redheads [2] - Legolaz, Sold2
Moth [0]

Not Voting [4] - Korean BBQ, Raziek, LDR, Moth

LDR, Legolaz and SMoth all get prodded

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah sure, I'd read the puppet for connections. And you could essentially bus the puppet to make it like not obvious that you're trying to keep the puppet alive or something. Not a terrible trade-off if you're confident in your day phase game.
Who would bus the puppet, just to confirm?

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
FOS: Sold
Honestly I'ma have to agree with Gorf on this one. What have you gotten out of your questions to me and what did you hope to gain? And asking Gorf for his character is also really weird and rolefishy. I like your question to Raziek, and I double like his analysis.
Why do you like my question to Raziek, when it was the exact same question I asked you but about the mafia?

How can you think (or even form the genesis for the idea) that my asking for Gorf's character is rolefishy, when we're all VTs?

What I wanted from you should be patently obvious: to see your response. The manner in which you answered, or if you were at all deflective about it, or if you flatout refused in some way. If you didn't see this to be the case, then how can you say that you somehow have liked my question to Raz, but not have understood it was for reads or linked it to the (extremely similar) question I asked you?

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
FOS: You
My vote is on Raz.

Gorf I can see where you're coming from but KBBQ is the first to spark some activity so I'm cool with letting him do his thing.

Except if you wanna wagon us out of RVS I'm down with that.
This is a really bad post.

You semi-agree with Gorf ("I can see where you're coming from" which is a weak agreement), but "you're cool with letting BBQ do his thing" (emphasis on 'letting' which is a control word).

But, despite just saying you're cool with me sticking around, you will take a wagon to get us "out of RVS"? This is gross on two levels: one, you just said you'd keep me around, and two, RVS is very clearly out.

You're trying to sit in the neutral zone. Take a stance on the content so far and voice an explicit opinion of the facts.

You semi-agree with Gorf ("I can see where you're coming from" which is a weak agreement)
That's what you make it. Don't take me for this ride.

"you're cool with letting BBQ do his thing" (emphasis on 'letting' which is a control word).
Got a problem with that?

But, despite just saying you're cool with me sticking around, you will take a wagon to get us "out of RVS"? This is gross on two levels: one, you just said you'd keep me around, and two, RVS is very clearly out.
Conjuring fake contradictions between colored here.

Are you so desperate to conjure content?

If you want opinions on facts, ask me what you want me to give opinions on. There's not enough posted and I've been seeing null in most things til now. It'd be hard-****ing-core reaching to already have an amazing read.

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
You cut away a minor point without responding to the bulk, which was the following:
Gorf I can see where you're coming from but KBBQ is the first to spark some activity so I'm cool with letting him do his thing.
"I am pretending to take a stance."
Except if you wanna wagon us out of RVS I'm down with that.
"I will accept a wagon on false pretenses."

If you want opinions on facts, ask me what you want me to give opinions on. There's not enough posted and I've been seeing null in most things til now. It'd be hard-****ing-core reaching to already have an amazing read.
Gord and I both have votes against each other, and cases. Take a stance on that, if anything.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Why do you like my question to Raziek, when it was the exact same question I asked you but about the mafia?
I feel it was a more comprehensive question that had more than one answer. The questions you all asked me, along with the evidence you yourself provided, had only one good self-explanatory answer to them. Raziek's question required some thought.

How can you think (or even form the genesis for the idea) that my asking for Gorf's character is rolefishy, when we're all VTs?
Admittedly, you made me feel really dumb on this point. What a weird question nonetheless.

What I wanted from you should be patently obvious: to see your response. The manner in which you answered, or if you were at all deflective about it, or if you flatout refused in some way. If you didn't see this to be the case, then how can you say that you somehow have liked my question to Raz, but not have understood it was for reads or linked it to the (extremely similar) question I asked you?
I meant more like what kind of responses you were looking out of me. Were you purely looking for deflection or refusal? Already explained the difference between questions you asked me and Raz.

Who would bus the puppet, just to confirm?
The Indy.

#HBC | Gorf

Why are these not answers to the questions I've asked you?
Why are these flippant posts that deflect from issues I raise with your play?

Vote: Gorf
I answered the questions im willing to answer. Deal with it.

I can say the same about you reaching to call me scum.

Protip: posting what you read from the How To Be A Townie 101 verbatum doesnt make you look towny. If you really dint know whati mean by that, tough.

#HBC | Gorf

I cant see a townie reaching that far in your 61 BBQ... That argument makes no sense. 62, although i dont necessarily AGREE with, can have townie intent though... But what the eff a vote and 2 foses in a 7 man game? You seriously think you have all antitown, or are you doing the soup thing and making brash reads.

Apologies for errors btw, on a tablet atm.

#HBC | Gorf

I actually like the rolefishing point... Because thats all i can think of when im being asked for my flavour *shrug*.

What are you looking for with my answer BBQ?

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
For the sake of going on record, then: you don't think any of these questions need responses?
You don't think it's necessary to explain the emphasis here? In other words, you don't see the need to elaborate on a post dealing with a player you want lynched?
This question could also be read as "Explain why you want me lynched". You don't think that's relevant?
You don't see the need to answer this, when Nabe's meta is generally considered to be discussion of game mechanics and flavour?
You don't see the need to answer this? You don't want to back up your case? You don't want to show the town that you are not, in fact, scum?
Is English your first language?
This question shouldn't be too much work to answer.
Your play in general feels way too much like you're trying to pass yourselves off as an innocence factor
What does this mean?
You're not going to answer this? You can't be bothered to elaborate on an unclear phrase in your lynch case?

And of course, this all says nothing about how none of your posts have dealt with my case against you.

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
p.s. I have more.
I cant see a townie reaching that far in your 61 BBQ... That argument makes no sense.
What doesn't make sense about it? Elaborate.

62, although i dont necessarily AGREE with, can have townie intent though...
What is townie about it? Elaborate.

But what the eff a vote and 2 foses in a 7 man game? You seriously think you have all antitown, or are you doing the soup thing and making brash reads.
What is this supposed to mean? You voted before me, but your phrasing implies that I'm in the wrong for voting for a scumread.

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
I feel it was a more comprehensive question that had more than one answer. The questions you all asked me, along with the evidence you yourself provided, had only one good self-explanatory answer to them. Raziek's question required some thought.
I asked you how you would play SK, and I asked Raziek how he'd expect mafia to play. Those are two ways of phrasing the same question, the difference being that they deal with two different factions. I fleshed out the SK wincon, but that didn't add new information to the table. It just made us all aware, whereas we're all already aware of the mafia wincon.

I meant more like what kind of responses you were looking out of me. Were you purely looking for deflection or refusal? Already explained the difference between questions you asked me and Raz.
We both agree we have trouble reading you. Responses of deflection or refusal would have been flags, but a normal measured response would be readable, hence the purpose of asking questions at all.

Alright, Sworddanverr here. Sorry for my total inactivness, I had finals to deal with.

You cut away a minor point without responding to the bulk, which was the following:

"I am pretending to take a stance."

"I will accept a wagon on false pretenses."

Gord and I both have votes against each other, and cases. Take a stance on that, if anything.
I honestly failed to keep up communication with my hydra buddy since the confirmation stage, but it appears right now that he thinks you're forcing content. I, however, don't really agree with him. This entire game has been inactive coming out of the gate, and I think that what you've did at least got discussion started, which I like. The questions weren't good, but that's to be expected this early in the game. I don't like how Gord attacked you for this. I mean, when we have an inactive game like this one, why jump down the throat of the first person who actually makes an effort? It's too hard too fast IMO.

I'm going have to talk to Xonar more, since it doesn't seem like we're sharing stances, but for now.

vote Gord

I can say the same about you reaching to call me scum.

Protip: posting what you read from the How To Be A Townie 101 verbatum doesnt make you look towny. If you really dint know whati mean by that, tough.
In the bolded you seem to be implying that KBQQ is just "trying" to look like a townie rather than actually "be" townie. What evidence do you have for this though? His earlier questions? Acknowledging the context of the situation the game was in then (just starting out and inactive), is what KBQQ did actually scummy?

Now that his thing is done and his scum is showing would you be a dear and vote :)?
No, I'm not seeing it.

Top Bottom