• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps they could use Bowser Jr’s clown car to help with the general shape of the mech cockpit, providing they chose the EB mech.
Mother 3 would be a different story entirely

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Perhaps they could use Bowser Jr’s clown car to help with the general shape of the mech cockpit, providing they chose the EB mech.
Mother 3 would be a different story entirely
Actually, they could reuse some animations from Brawl. It's completely possible. If Pokemon sword and shield could reuse animations from a 3ds game, I believe that Smash Ultimate could do the same from Brawl.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Another thing to think about: if Porky is to be in his eb mech, then they can't reuse animations from existing characters. They'd have to animate his moves from scratch... which would take longer.
I don't think that's really a huge problem, they pretty much did a brand new model for Banjo and Kazooïe and I'm guessing that their animations are mostly made from scratch. Also remember that the last character of the fighter pass could release in February 2020, so that's a lot of time to work on a character.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Actually, they could reuse some animations from Brawl. It's completely possible. If Pokemon sword and shield could reuse animations from a 3ds game, I believe that Smash Ultimate could do the same from Brawl.
...Would that really work though? I'd assume that if we get a playable Porky, he'd have fairly different proportions from his Brawl boss, so not really sure they'd actually re-use some of those animations (except maybe the Mecha-Porkies). They didn't end up reusing any of Ridley's Brawl/ssb4 animations for Ultimate so there's that too.

Boopadoo

Smash Rookie
Been thinking about those sunflowers. I think it's a fair possibility that the flowers are from Spiral Mountain; they seem thematically appropriate and would explain why their source has yet to be identified. I'm not saying we should get excited if their origin is still unidentified when 5.0 comes out, but something to keep in mind nonetheless.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Interesting observation, always hype in moderation.
Were there sunflowers in spiral mountain before? I’ve never played a Banjo game so I wouldn’t know

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
After looking through the Banjo trailer real quick, I could only find 2 yellow flowers mixed in with a bunch of white ones in the portion where Banjo jumps onto Spiral Mountain and Kazooie runs past that mole guy. These flowers did not match with those on the banner. So from what we’ve seen so far of Spiral Mountain, I’d say the flowers on the banner are still completely new artwork/elements.

In fact, all the small yellow flowers that appear on Spiral Mountain in Banjo’s trailer are so small, there’s no real way I think that they could even be considered to be the flowers we see on the banner.

These are the only two I’d think could be close to those from the banner.

3530CD0D-496D-4069-8917-E49A1BDD7B1C.jpeg

Final edit: Looking back at the banner, the two flowers above seem to have less petals than those in the banner.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Interesting observation, always hype in moderation.
Were there sunflowers in spiral mountain before? I’ve never played a Banjo game so I wouldn’t know
Dude you haven't played the Banjo-Kazooie games? You should check them out when you have the chance cause Kazooie and Tooie are some of the best platformers ever made.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Kind of unrelated to Porky, but I need some smash advice.
I currently main Lucas but I feel like switching to Ness, I feel more comfortable with Lucas’s playstyle but Ness is the better character.
Do you guys think I should stay with Lucas or change?

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Havdnt posted here in a while, but thought you guys might like this, been doing alot of sprite beads lately!
PorkyBead.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Kind of unrelated to Porky, but I need some smash advice.
I currently main Lucas but I feel like switching to Ness, I feel more comfortable with Lucas’s playstyle but Ness is the better character.
Do you guys think I should stay with Lucas or change?
Why can't you just try to main both? That's what I would do. I main several characters if you couldn't tell from my signature.

Edit: Charactes? Damn you auto-correct!

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Why can't you just try to main both? That's what I would do. I main several charactes if you couldn't tell from my signature.
I was thinking of doing that, but aren’t they a little different from each other?
I just need a magic boi to main alongside Bowser.

Havdnt posted here in a while, but thought you guys might like this, been doing alot of sprite beads lately!
View attachment 234515
Ooh, looks awesome! Great work :)
I actually bought a bead sprite from someone’s while back that looks really similar to yours haha
B86D7249-E28C-4528-AD8B-2611375F6903.jpeg

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, looks awesome! Great work :)
I actually bought a bead sprite from someone’s while back that looks really similar to yours haha
View attachment 234525
Thank you!
That's really cool tho! I was gonna make the battle sprite but its so big and awkward to make, why I went with the small model.
Also finished these guys, gonna make the Mother 3 group next, might do porky again for that.
Screenshot_5.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was thinking of doing that, but aren’t they a little different from each other?
I just need a magic boi to main alongside Bowser.
Lucas's Specials and Smash Attacks have slight differences and very different frame hitboxs from each other. But I don't really play as either of them that much I'm not the man to go for that answer. So I would recommend asking the Ness and Lucas social threads about this question.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
So it turns out that EarthBound is coming to SNES online after all.
I guess this kind of hurts the chances of a Mother series collection/remaster

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So it turns out that EarthBound is coming to SNES online after all.
I guess this kind of hurts the chances of a Mother series collection/remaster
Really? I haven’t seen anything about this. Looked it up and couldn’t find it either. Where’d you see this?

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Finally finished Mother 3 Porky. It broke the first time I made it, the legs were really awkward, but happy with how it turned out. Sadly didnt have the right color for his grey skin, so just went with the normal skin color.
PorkyBead2.png

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Really? I haven’t seen anything about this. Looked it up and couldn’t find it either. Where’d you see this?
I think it might have just been a theory video and I misinterpreted it, my bad.
But I wouldn’t be surprised if it did come over at this point

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think it might have just been a theory video and I misinterpreted it, my bad.
But I wouldn’t be surprised if it did come over at this point
I’ve been seeing a lot of “If we get SNES Online (which has a very likely chance of happening), we should get these games” (besides ones that were in that datamine a while back). EarthBound is consistently on these lists, but I haven’t seen any confirmation of it happening. I do think it would hurt the chances of an EarthBound Trilogy game if it did happen. But at the same time, it would beg the question, why isn’t EarthBound Beginnings on NES Online?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Even if we do have Earthbound as a free SNES online games, I don't think it would hurt too much Porky chances because Nintendo could still release him along with a Mother 3 international release. I know people really want that Mother trilogy, but I think Mother 3 is big enough to have it's own standalone release.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Posted this in parts elsewhere in the thread, but don't think I ever posted it fully. My Porky moveset. Note I'm more into concept-driven movesets over specific percentages and balance:

Flavor text/Palutena Guidance: Have you ever had to deal with a real bully? Well, “Master” Porky Minch is what happens when you take one of those mean, sad kids and give them ultimate power. He’s caused all sorts of trouble for Ness and Lucas in his travels through space and time, and now brings his shenanigans to Smash. Porky fights in his alien mech, making him a heavy fighter. But he’s no dumb brawler – he loves to use a variety of long range moves to keep opponents at bay. Aghh! Just listen to that snot-nosed laughter! Keep a calm head and try not to get too annoyed by his tricks!

Concept: Porky is a coward with a taste for wanton suffering. Taking this into account, he’s designed as an opportunistic “run and gun” type character with a bevy of long and med-range attacks that prep the enemy for powerful kill confirms. He struggles up close and generally relies on careful spacing, but can make use of his unique Down-B attack to overcome this.

Misc/Gimmicks
Porky has an ambient superarmor attribute akin to Bowser's "Tough Guy" (and "Triforce of Power" in my Ganon moveset!), called “Heavily Armored”. This prevents flinching from moves that deal less than 22 units of knockback. This is designed to work hand-in-hand with Porky’s Down-B to allow for safer approaches with this large character.

Appearance/Movement
Porky’s mech is a fusion of the Mother 2 and 3 designs. The bulk of the pod comes from the former, but the legs are akin to the latter. Said legs are able to retract and bend slightly as necessary for reasonable hit/hurt boxes and animations (e.g. pulling up from ledge) – think of the mech from The Incredibles. Porky himself carries a sadistic smile, though he will often feign his gormless :o face when pushing buttons to perform moves. Otherwise, he has generally annoying idles and post-hit animations like sticking out his tongue, covering his ears, coughing, etc. Porky laughs when KO’d.

Porky's movement (not frame data per se) is slow, with poor aerial momentum. He has a couple of moves that allow for unique "strafing", however.

Neutral
  • Jab: 1-2 combo. One mech leg is thrust out, then another slams down in front, launching horizontally.
  • Rapid Jab: One leg thrusts out, then another delivers a rapid series of blurred strikes as Porky hammers furiously on his buttons, ending with a leg slam.
  • Dash attack: Porky's mech leaps like a jumping spider, tucking its legs in in the air. Similar to K Rool’s DA, this travels far, and goes high enough to jump over some attacks and fighters. There is one hitbox on Porky in the air and one on landing, which buries. Brief superarmor frames as Porky "kneels" for the jump. This move is powerful, but must be spaced carefully owing to start and end lag.

Tilts
  • F-tilt: Porky opens a wispy red portal in front of his mech, from which the stone arm of the King Statue appears to deliver a strong punch. This move has horizontal knockback, capable of KOing at the ledge at around 90%
  • D-tilt: Sweeps with a mech leg. Has a tripping chance.
  • U-tilt: Porky jams his mech's feet into the ground and thrusts the central pod upward. This is a decent juggling/followup move.

Aerials
  • N-air: Mech legs are retracted into the central pod as Porky envelops himself with a PSI shield that deals electric damage. The hitbox generally mimics a brief PSI magnet, though it launches further at the center.
  • U-air: Porky extends two mech legs upward which detach at the joints and spin around like helicopter blades. Launches vertically. Can kill from around top platform height.
  • F-air: Porky opens a red portal infront of him which deals dark damage. Lingering/walling-type hitbox.
  • B-air: The central section of Porky's mech turrets around like a tank, then shoots a short range blast from its eye, dealing fire damage This is a very high knockback move capable of reliably killing while offstage/at the ledge. Its momentum will send Porky forward, however, negating spam while allowing it to act as a pseudo-recovery.
  • D-air: Porky thrusts two mech legs downward to meet at a deadly, electrified point. This is capable of spiking, but only with proper spacing at the small sweetspot.

Smash Attacks
  • F-smash “Porky Tears Into You!” As in Brawl, Porky rears back a mech claw, then brings it forward to deliver a lightning-fast flurry of attacks. High damage moderate knockback. Can be angled.
  • D-smash: Two mecha Porkys teleport in on either side of Porky and cry, facing the screen while he covers his ears. On release, they explode one after the other.
  • U-smash: A red portal opens above Porky and the mouth of the Ultimate Chimera rears outward, striking in a manner similarly to Corrin's neutral special. The move has a couple of hitboxes – the latter "chomp" being one of the more damaging smash attacks in the game.

Specials
B – What Did Porky Do?:

A strange, chargeable blast flurry with moderate range. More blasts are added as the move is charged – up to 4 – with each dealing a separate damage type. Blast 1 deals electric damage, 2 deals fire, 3 deals slashing, and 4 deals darkness. In addition, the final blast of any given volley has a chance to cause additional effects (yay, RNG!) Moderate chance (possible for all levels of charge): trip, flower, reverse. Rare chance (third and fourth level of charge only): paralyze, forced taunt. Super rare (fourth level only): brief time slow, freeze.

Porky can hold charge, though not indefinitely. The charging effect is ring-shaped and centered on the eye of Porky's mech, changing color with each stage of charge. It looks similar to a small, inverted version of Giygas’s “ungraspable” attack, while the blasts themselves look as they do in Mother 3. Porky places his fingers to his temples while charging, in a mockery (or is it a display?) of PSI.

>-B – Mecha Porky:
A Mecha Porky teleports in front of Porky and proceeds to run forward while laughing. The mecha will trip and explode after a set time is passed, after hitting a fighter, or after being attacked. Mechas have a 15% damage threshold after which they will immediately explode. Porky can attack the mecha himself, and can be damaged by the explosion. There is a small chance of a mecha being spawned that runs faster while crying. This mecha has a small damage/knockback increase.

Mechas will turn around if they come into contact with a wall, but will run off the stage edge. When performed in the air, the bot will come out at a small arc, and will immediately trip on landing.. (pending balance - number of mechas on screen, cooldown, aerial hitbox, etc.)

v-B – Stinky Gas:
Porky's mech opens its "mouth" and vomits a spray forward. The amount of gas charges passively over 30 seconds or so, but can be used at any time. Longer charge results in more gas. The gas itself deals no knockback and only moderate damage, but causes a lingering poison hitbox similar to Piranha Plant's side-B. Struck fighters will appear green, and have reduced damage and knockback ability for a short time dependent on time struck by the gas.

With a sufficient amount of gas, Porky can briefly strafe backward or forward while spraying when grounded, extending a wall of shorter lasting gas hitboxes, or can stay in place for a stack of hitboxes that last longer. This move does increased shield damage.

^-B – Electrostatic Hover:
Functions similarly to his Smash Crusade attack, which is itself a nod to Brawl. Two of Porky’s mech arms point downward in a ‘V’, holding a ball of red energy. This allows Porky to hover in a manner similar to ROB, albeit slower, with far less vertical distance, but good control over his horizontal “strafing” momentum. Pressing B a second time will unleash a high damage/knockback lightning bolt directly underneath Porky, shooting him upward briefly before sending him into freefall.

Grab/Throws
  • Grab: Reaches out with a mech arm. Long range.
  • Pummel: Porky brings the fighter in and deactivates his shielding to slap them.
  • F-throw: Porky thrusts the fighter forward while sneering.
  • U-throw: Holds the fighter up and spins his mech arms like helicopter blades. High damage with moderate knockback.
  • D-throw: “Porky sucked something up!” Porky slams the fighter down and zaps them, healing himself for 2-5% before they’re blasted away with minimal knockback.
  • B-throw: Porky opens a red portal that sucks the fighter in. They quickly reappear behind him and are launched, suffering dark damage.

Final Smash (Couple of ideas)
Final Needle:
Porky points upward, causing the Masked Man to teleport in and pull the Final Needle from the ground. Porky waves to the camera while the Absolutely Safe Capsule materializes around him. A huge black shadow is seen rising in the background, cutting the whole screen to black before a flurry of fire falls across the stage. Essentially a mix of End of Day and PK Starstorm.

Devil’s Machine: The Devil’s machine rises from the ground and Porky smashes the central bubble, causing a spiral akin to the Earthbound battle confrontation effect to appear. Anyone caught in the spiral suffers the dizzy shield break effect before being teleported to a dark cutscene. Porky teleports away as Giygas lurches over the background, dealing huge knockback.

Misc/Appearance
  • Colors: @zeox’s are great! https://smashboards.com/threads/por...ity.453850/page-2#lg=attachment154383&slide=0 I also like the idea of a more clear happy happiest cult blue alt. These would also alternate his mech between the Mother 2 and 3 colors, with appropriate hues.
  • Entrance: Porky enters from a red portal slightly above the ground, dropping with a screen shake, and sneers.
  • U-Taunt: Porky faces the screen, bows his head and mimics Ness’s “okay” in a mocking tone.
  • S-Taunt: Porky deactivates his shield, leans out of his mech, and fails to use a yo-yo.
  • D-Taunt: Spankety spankety
  • Victory 1: Porky points toward the screen, laughing and coughing in a maniacal loop.
  • Victory 2: Porky struts forward through a flank of Porky Bots, which clap for him.
  • Victory 3: Closeup of Porky's mech slamming a foot down on a discarded yo-yo, smashing it to pieces. Noticing this, Porky begins to cry like a lost child...or is he laughing? It's hard to tell.
  • Loss: Porky spanks himself instead of clapping.

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
There is speculation about a direct in september, i doubt they will show off a new smash character though since they still need to show off Banjo.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Posted this in parts elsewhere in the thread, but don't think I ever posted it fully. My Porky moveset. Note I'm more into concept-driven movesets over specific percentages and balance:

Flavor text/Palutena Guidance: Have you ever had to deal with a real bully? Well, “Master” Porky Minch is what happens when you take one of those mean, sad kids and give them ultimate power. He’s caused all sorts of trouble for Ness and Lucas in his travels through space and time, and now brings his shenanigans to Smash. Porky fights in his alien mech, making him a heavy fighter. But he’s no dumb brawler – he loves to use a variety of long range moves to keep opponents at bay. Aghh! Just listen to that snot-nosed laughter! Keep a calm head and try not to get too annoyed by his tricks!

Concept: Porky is a coward with a taste for wanton suffering. Taking this into account, he’s designed as an opportunistic “run and gun” type character with a bevy of long and med-range attacks that prep the enemy for powerful kill confirms. He struggles up close and generally relies on careful spacing, but can make use of his unique Down-B attack to overcome this.

Misc/Gimmicks
Porky has an ambient superarmor attribute akin to Bowser's "Tough Guy" (and "Triforce of Power" in my Ganon moveset!), called “Heavily Armored”. This prevents flinching from moves that deal less than 22 units of knockback. This is designed to work hand-in-hand with Porky’s Down-B to allow for safer approaches with this large character.

Appearance/Movement
Porky’s mech is a fusion of the Mother 2 and 3 designs. The bulk of the pod comes from the former, but the legs are akin to the latter. Said legs are able to retract and bend slightly as necessary for reasonable hit/hurt boxes and animations (e.g. pulling up from ledge) – think of the mech from The Incredibles. Porky himself carries a sadistic smile, though he will often feign his gormless :o face when pushing buttons to perform moves. Otherwise, he has generally annoying idles and post-hit animations like sticking out his tongue, covering his ears, coughing, etc. Porky laughs when KO’d.

Porky's movement (not frame data per se) is slow, with poor aerial momentum. He has a couple of moves that allow for unique "strafing", however.

Neutral
  • Jab: 1-2 combo. One mech leg is thrust out, then another slams down in front, launching horizontally.
  • Rapid Jab: One leg thrusts out, then another delivers a rapid series of blurred strikes as Porky hammers furiously on his buttons, ending with a leg slam.
  • Dash attack: Porky's mech leaps like a jumping spider, tucking its legs in in the air. Similar to K Rool’s DA, this travels far, and goes high enough to jump over some attacks and fighters. There is one hitbox on Porky in the air and one on landing, which buries. Brief superarmor frames as Porky "kneels" for the jump. This move is powerful, but must be spaced carefully owing to start and end lag.

Tilts
  • F-tilt: Porky opens a wispy red portal in front of his mech, from which the stone arm of the King Statue appears to deliver a strong punch. This move has horizontal knockback, capable of KOing at the ledge at around 90%
  • U-tilt: Porky jams his mech's feet into the ground and thrusts the central pod upward. This is a decent juggling/followup move.

Aerials
  • N-air: Mech legs are retracted into the central pod as Porky envelops himself with a PSI shield that deals electric damage. The hitbox generally mimics a brief PSI magnet, though it launches further at the center.
  • U-air: Porky extends two mech legs upward which detach at the joints and spin around like helicopter blades. Launches vertically. Can kill from around top platform height.
  • F-air: Porky opens a red portal infront of him which deals dark damage. Lingering/walling-type hitbox.
  • B-air: The central section of Porky's mech turrets around like a tank, then shoots a short range blast from its eye, dealing fire damage This is a very high knockback move capable of reliably killing while offstage/at the ledge. Its momentum will send Porky forward, however, negating spam while allowing it to act as a pseudo-recovery.
  • D-air: Porky thrusts two mech legs downward to meet at a deadly, electrified point. This is capable of spiking, but only with proper spacing at the small sweetspot.

Smash Attacks
  • F-smash “Porky Tears Into You!” As in Brawl, Porky rears back a mech claw, then brings it forward to deliver a lightning-fast flurry of attacks. High damage moderate knockback. Can be angled.
  • D-smash: Two mecha Porkys teleport in on either side of Porky and cry, facing the screen while he covers his ears. On release, they explode one after the other.
  • U-smash: A red portal opens above Porky and the mouth of the Ultimate Chimera rears outward, striking in a manner similarly to Corrin's neutral special. The move has a couple of hitboxes – the latter "chomp" being one of the more damaging smash attacks in the game.

Specials
B – What Did Porky Do?:

A strange, chargeable blast flurry with moderate range. More blasts are added as the move is charged – up to 4 – with each dealing a separate damage type. Blast 1 deals electric damage, 2 deals fire, 3 deals slashing, and 4 deals darkness. In addition, the final blast of any given volley has a chance to cause additional effects (yay, RNG!) Moderate chance (possible for all levels of charge): trip, flower, reverse. Rare chance (third and fourth level of charge only): paralyze, forced taunt. Super rare (fourth level only): brief time slow, freeze.

Porky can hold charge, though not indefinitely. The charging effect is ring-shaped and centered on the eye of Porky's mech, changing color with each stage of charge. It looks similar to a small, inverted version of Giygas’s “ungraspable” attack, while the blasts themselves look as they do in Mother 3. Porky places his fingers to his temples while charging, in a mockery (or is it a display?) of PSI.

>-B – Mecha Porky:
A Mecha Porky teleports in front of Porky and proceeds to run forward while laughing. The mecha will trip and explode after a set time is passed, after hitting a fighter, or after being attacked. Mechas have a 15% damage threshold after which they will immediately explode. Porky can attack the mecha himself, and can be damaged by the explosion. There is a small chance of a mecha being spawned that runs faster while crying. This mecha has a small damage/knockback increase.

Mechas will turn around if they come into contact with a wall, but will run off the stage edge. When performed in the air, the bot will come out at a small arc, and will immediately trip on landing.. (pending balance - number of mechas on screen, cooldown, aerial hitbox, etc.)

v-B – Stinky Gas:
Porky's mech opens its "mouth" and vomits a spray forward. The amount of gas charges passively over 30 seconds or so, but can be used at any time. Longer charge results in more gas. The gas itself deals no knockback and only moderate damage, but causes a lingering poison hitbox similar to Piranha Plant's side-B. Struck fighters will appear green, and have reduced damage and knockback ability for a short time dependent on time struck by the gas.

With a sufficient amount of gas, Porky can briefly strafe backward or forward while spraying when grounded, extending a wall of shorter lasting gas hitboxes, or can stay in place for a stack of hitboxes that last longer. This move does increased shield damage.

Functions similarly to his Smash Crusade attack, which is itself a nod to Brawl. Two of Porky’s mech arms point downward in a ‘V’, holding a ball of red energy. This allows Porky to hover in a manner similar to ROB, albeit slower, with far less vertical distance, but good control over his horizontal “strafing” momentum. Pressing B a second time will unleash a high damage/knockback lightning bolt directly underneath Porky, shooting him upward briefly before sending him into freefall.

Grab/Throws
  • Pummel: Porky brings the fighter in and deactivates his shielding to slap them.
  • U-throw: Holds the fighter up and spins his mech arms like helicopter blades. High damage with moderate knockback.
  • D-throw: “Porky sucked something up!” Porky slams the fighter down and zaps them, healing himself for 2-5% before they’re blasted away with minimal knockback.
  • B-throw: Porky opens a red portal that sucks the fighter in. They quickly reappear behind him and are launched, suffering dark damage.

Final Needle:
Porky points upward, causing the Masked Man to teleport in and pull the Final Needle from the ground. Porky waves to the camera while the Absolutely Safe Capsule materializes around him. A huge black shadow is seen rising in the background, cutting the whole screen to black before a flurry of fire falls across the stage. Essentially a mix of End of Day and PK Starstorm.

Devil’s Machine: The Devil’s machine rises from the ground and Porky smashes the central bubble, causing a spiral akin to the Earthbound battle confrontation effect to appear. Anyone caught in the spiral suffers the dizzy shield break effect before being teleported to a dark cutscene. Porky teleports away as Giygas lurches over the background, dealing huge knockback.

Misc/Appearance
  • Colors: @zeox’s are great! https://smashboards.com/threads/por...ity.453850/page-2#lg=attachment154383&slide=0 I also like the idea of a more clear happy happiest cult blue alt. These would also alternate his mech between the Mother 2 and 3 colors, with appropriate hues.
  • Entrance: Porky enters from a red portal slightly above the ground, dropping with a screen shake, and sneers.
  • U-Taunt: Porky faces the screen, bows his head and mimics Ness’s “okay” in a mocking tone.
  • S-Taunt: Porky deactivates his shield, leans out of his mech, and fails to use a yo-yo.
  • Victory 1: Porky points toward the screen, laughing and coughing in a maniacal loop.
  • Victory 2: Porky struts forward through a flank of Porky Bots, which clap for him.
  • Victory 3: Closeup of Porky's mech slamming a foot down on a discarded yo-yo, smashing it to pieces. Noticing this, Porky begins to cry like a lost child...or is he laughing? It's hard to tell.
Amazing work with this moveset dude!
Porky with tough guy would make him an absolute monster.
I’m still holding out hope he makes it in somehow, or we get some kind of explanation on why he’s just missing lol

Last edited:

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
There is speculation about a direct in september, i doubt they will show off a new smash character though since they still need to show off Banjo.
Could be possible. Nintendo has ways to trick us into thinking this in their current directs especially through out smash directs and what not. if there is a new character I hope its from mother 3 like claus or possibly a KH character.
But that's just my speculation.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Could be possible. Nintendo has ways to trick us into thinking this in their current directs especially through out smash directs and what not. if there is a new character I hope its from mother 3 like claus or possibly a KH character.
But that's just my speculation.
this is a thread for the almighty pig king away with thee blasphemer jk

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly Porky related but I’m curious.
Aside from the pig king, what other characters are you guys hoping to see?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My most wanted was the Chorus kids or any Rhythm rep, but I honestly think they have no chances for being in the fighter pass. There's also Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton that I would hope to see.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
As unlikely as it is, and has a surprising amount of people speculating about him, I would love to see Doom Slayer from the Doom series. All of my other most wanted characters are already deconfirmed (skull kid and isaac).

I would also think it would be cool to see the Hollow Knight. Very unlikely, but it would make a great character with lots of move potential.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Goemon the guy with the blue hair in the middle in my avatar, Krystal who has pretty much been deconfirmed already as a Assist Trophy, Dixie Kong, and Pig Ganon.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Misc/Gimmicks

Appearance/Movement

Neutral

Tilts

Aerials

Smash Attacks

Specials
B – What Did Porky Do?:

>-B – Mecha Porky:

v-B – Stinky Gas:

Grab/Throws

Final Needle:

Misc/Appearance
This. I’d rather have him fight outside his mech, but if they put him in it (which might be more likely), this would be amazing. Only question is what’s up with the red portals in some moves? Is it supposed to reference Giygas?

Other than that, I need those taunts and ESPECIALLY that second victory animation. And second Final Smash suggestion. Really good job, man.

If they’re first party, besides Porky, I’d like to see Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, a Rhythm Heaven rep, or Octoling as an Echo for Inkling (which would obviously be outside the pass, since there will be no echoes in the pass). Though the only 2 I’m actively supporting are Porky and Octoling, the rest are to make the fans happy.

If they’re third party, Doom or Crash, because at least I have some familiarity with them. Still would be a very “meh” Fighters Pass for me though, simply because the entire pass would be comprised of characters who I either don’t know or have very slight familiarity with.

Top Bottom