• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Zeox

Smash Champion

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Hoping if Porky gets in that he somehow reps the weird Mother status effects. Perhaps a “What Did Porky Do?” beam that can spawn flowers, fruit, and various damage types, like Judgement.

Also thought it might be cute if Stinky Gas forces the opponent into a taunt or something, but I’m not sure how that would work.
Forcing an opponent to taunt has been done before, in Luigi's old final smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Granted that's a final smash and not a standard move, the probability of it actually making someone do that would have to be lowered so it'd not OP.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Forcing an opponent to taunt has been done before, in Luigi's old final smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Granted that's a final smash and not a standard move, the probability of it actually making someone do that would have to be lowered so it'd not OP.
Perhaps as a down B like Mewtwo's. Close range, if it connects, opponent does up taunt.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Wasn't spirits, assist trophies and characters used as profile pics for smash? like there was an option to make, for example, Jeff your profile picture in ultimate...
If that's the case, the asuence of Porky hurts even more (If he is not a DLC).

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
And a great meme, too.
Completely forgot about Negative Zone. Yes, that seems balanced. However looking at some Mother 2/3 footage I think it could be more faithfully applied to his "ungraspable" attack, whereas the gas is more of a nerfing move. I wonder if the random taunt effect could be made to work as a small chance on a move that already deals basic damage. How's this - too convoluted?:

• B – What Did Porky Do?:
Chargeable blast with moderate range and knockback. More blast projectiles are added as the move is charged, up to 4, each dealing a separate damage type. Blast 1 deals electric damage, 2 deals fire, 3 deals slashing, and 4 deals darkness. In addition, blasts have varying chances of causing additional effects. Moderate chance: trip, flower, reverse; rare chance: freeze, forced taunt, paralyze.​
I guess the effect chance could be applied to all blasts, or to only the final blast of the volley, pending balance. Then:

• v-B – Stinky Gas:
Porky lets out a brief hitbox of green gas on either side of his mech. Similar to Porky's Crusade incarnation, this can be briefly charged and deals no damage or knockback itself. However, rather than dizzying, the move applies a poison effect that causes a temporary handicap, reducing fighter damage and knockback for a short time, dependent on charge.​
Combine this with the Bowser superarmor "tough guy" attribute that I think all heavyweights should have and he'd have a way to compensate his approach as a large combo-bait character.

Wasn't spirits, assist trophies and characters used as profile pics for smash? like there was an option to make, for example, Jeff your profile picture in ultimate...
If that's the case, the asuence of Porky hurts even more (If he is not a DLC).
Yes. Oddly enough you can set both the Absolutely Safe Capsule and Ness's Dad (a phone) as your picture.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Yes. Oddly enough you can set both the Absolutely Safe Capsule and Ness's Dad (a phone) as your picture.
Can be a phone and a capsule, more than 1.000 spirits, but not any of this:
PORKY01.png
HeavilyArmoredPokey.gif
PorkyBattleM3.png

Life is cruel sometimes.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
You guys notice that villains like Bowser and King K. Rool have different victory themes than their heroic counterparts? I'd want Porky's victory theme to be taken from Pokey Means Business, that would be amazing.

Zeox

Smash Champion
You guys notice that villains like Bowser and King K. Rool have different victory themes than their heroic counterparts? I'd want Porky's victory theme to be taken from Pokey Means Business, that would be amazing.
That would be great, the other alternative is this one, that is literally perfect if it was Porky from M3:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I’m sincerely hoping the devils machine would be his stage and him releasing Giygas as his final smash but then all the little kids would most likely crap themselves

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Here's some new information! Here's proof that spirits potentially deconfirm characters:
-Fighter Spirits can't be equipped and are unusable
-King K.'s and Wii Fit's is the Tree "wtf" pose and Kaptain K. Rool

We're going deeper my dudes, each day Porky shines brighter.

That would be great, the other alternative is this one, that is literally perfect if it was Porky from M3:
I always thought that Porky's victory theme could have a more dark-ish tone, so I thought about it being taken from "His Highness", although I took this one from the glorious Porky animation that mixes both Porky Means Business and His Highness. The victory theme could be from the minute it's in to 1:23:
https://youtu.be/9spx3TdHtuY?t=76

Last edited:

Strange

Smash Rookie
It will be too sad if Porky is not a DLC... I mean... How could Sakurai and even Nintendo forget an incredible villian as Porky is?...

Zeox

Smash Champion
5bdb132ec957014b6100c5e2-750-422.jpg

Right how things are now, we can't put a Porky face in our smash tags... even thought we can of every character, assist trophy and spirit in the game.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
And one quick thing that surprises me is that Porkyfags are now a thing lmao, saw it on a bunch of 4chan threads already
I just hope we don't get any hate from this.

Last edited:

Erfly

Smash Cadet
If anything Porky's been an underdog for so long, just like Louie, it's nice to see him actually stand a chance.
People have been warming up to him decently fast I'd say.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Well, if anything that means Porky's army is growing stronger than ever, yeah there is always gonna be annoying fans and you cannot stop that for happening, you must accept it and just think in the positive part.
There is always gonna be a group of people that wants more bad guys in Smash, and now that Ridley and K. Rool are gone, this could help Porky A LOT to be the next most wanted villain. I guess I should try to make some fanart or something to help with his popularity.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys believe Porky's final smash could be? I think that Giygas would make the most sense, but his statue would also be sick. Maybe he could also have the pig army go and attack everyone in a cinematic cutscene. Like King K Rool's final smash.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
What do you guys believe Porky's final smash could be? I think that Giygas would make the most sense, but his statue would also be sick. Maybe he could also have the pig army go and attack everyone in a cinematic cutscene. Like King K Rool's final smash.
The most simple idea I could get is a carbon copy of Lucas' and Ness', where he ducks inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule, floats off the screen and chaos starts happening just like at the "end" of Mother 3:
Meteors start falling just like in PK Starstorm and possible additional elements like tornadoes, fire, and so on.
It's also pretty much what we have planned to do.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Oh really that’s funny those were the same jerks who said he would never make it freakin hypocrites

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
The most simple idea I could get is a carbon copy of Lucas' and Ness', where he ducks inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule, floats off the screen and chaos starts happening just like at the "end" of Mother 3:
Meteors start falling just like in PK Starstorm and possible additional elements like tornadoes, fire, and so on.
It's also pretty much what we have planned to do.
ah that sounds pretty cool tbh

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Oh really that’s funny those were the same jerks who said he would never make it freakin hypocrites
Every character gets the same type of people, the fanbase, the excessively supportive fans, the imposing fans, the haters and so on...

Zeox

Smash Champion
We all should learn from Ridleyfans, their mistakes and the things that they did right.
R-Ridley senpai please notice me.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
We all should learn from Ridleyfans, their mistakes and the things that they did right.
R-Ridley senpai please notice me.
As a Sm4sh vet...

Get the HFIL out of dodge if you see any shadows. That still traumatizes me to this day.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
View attachment 180325

Right how things are now, we can't put a Porky face in our smash tags... even thought we can of every character, assist trophy and spirit in the game.
Not every spirit, I have a full list of all the icons and there's 519 of them while there's 1,200+ spirits.

Though every boss in Smash history besides Porky and Duon are online icons (including stage hazards), as I've said Porky is completely absent from the games files while Duon is a spirit.

Also Sakurai has confirmed a day one patch that so for far... we only know fixes a de-syncing issue with replays.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
And one quick thing that surprises me is that Porkyfags are now a thing lmao, saw it on a bunch of 4chan threads already
I just hope we don't get any hate from this.
Funnily enough I’ve been looking around 4chan as well to see what people thought of Porky and I noticed “Porkyfag” and it’s supporter equivalent “Porkybro” have been around for a couple of months but have become more common now with all the datamine stuff.
From what I can tell, they seem to like him

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Hey guys, I’ve been lurking in this thread for a bit. I heard about his chances increasing due to the datamine, and I figured it was time to finally join the discussion since I like his character and the Mother series.

I dunno how to join the supporter list, but I’d love if you could put me on there :)

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I still have my doubts, but regardless of whether or not it ends up happening, Porky would be one of the few characters left who would get me excited for DLC.

Please count me as a supporter.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It's really nice to see a character from the Mother series becoming such a popular discussion for DLC.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Porky is somebody I can sadly only see in a "first party only" set of DLC, as when we account for third parties he's among the most expendable.

However, I find Porky's lack of presence highly suspicious. Unless we count the Fourside Helicopter, the main antagonist of the second half of the EarthBound series is nowhere to be found...? In a pure first party DLC roster, he's a lock, as we have a perfect amount even without factoring in Spirits.

1. Gen 8 Pokémon (The big draw to get casuals to buy it)
2. Byleth or Edelgard
3. Porky Minch (For the hardcore fandom)
4. Adeleine
5. Sylux

While I, obviously, do not want a pure first party DLC roster, this is as good as it gets for one of them. [Even if Spirits don't disconfirm, why aren't these guys spirits? Those three are the big winners here.]

Zeox

Smash Champion
Porky is somebody I can sadly only see in a "first party only" set of DLC, as when we account for third parties he's among the most expendable.

However, I find Porky's lack of presence highly suspicious. Unless we count the Fourside Helicopter, the main antagonist of the second half of the EarthBound series is nowhere to be found...? In a pure first party DLC roster, he's a lock, as we have a perfect amount even without factoring in Spirits.

1. Gen 8 Pokémon (The big draw to get casuals to buy it)
2. Byleth or Edelgard
3. Porky Minch (For the hardcore fandom)
4. Adeleine
5. Sylux

While I, obviously, do not want a pure first party DLC roster, this is as good as it gets for one of them. [Even if Spirits don't disconfirm, why aren't these guys spirits? Those three are the big winners here.]
I can see it if they released some kind of Earthbound trilogy for the 30 anniversay, they would want that to sell well and generate hype and earthbound is more well know between smash fans.
A double announcement could help in the sales of that game.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo is not gonna to choose any third party characters. It’s gonna be first party only

Top Bottom