• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Who is Ike replacing?

Wight

Smash Apprentice
its not replacement, they are independent. I dont think you can really compare them. But regardless, i think neither Marth nor Roy will be in. No matter how much I want Marth back in, i don't see it happening.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
None. Roy has room for originality with teh ph1r3(and Lyn is an assist trophy), and Marth has a DS game coming out.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
None. Roy has room for originality with teh ph1r3(and Lyn is an assist trophy), and Marth has a DS game coming out.
Yeah since Marth will be in the DS game, I doubt he'll be out.
Roy was a main character in FE6 and related to FE7 cause of Eliwood but if he is cut, that's like cutting main character from the roster but not too major.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Ike is not replacing anyone, he's a new character, just like how falco not replacing fox from SSB.

whether marth and roy will be in brawl or not, no one can say much about it.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I think if both Marth and Roy were still in, it'd be cool to have small face-offs.

Marth + Roy VS Ike + Link/MetaKnight!!

Deadly swordsman show-down.

Mega Inkydog

Smash Journeyman
Roy being in/out does not really affect me much. But....

I really hope they take out Marth. I am extremely sick of Marth. And Ike not only looks very much like Marth, but has lots of the same moves and apparently Sakurai won't do clones. So him not getting his own character slot would please me a lot. I have nothing against the Fire Emblem character, but as a Smash Bros. fighter, he is obscenely annoying.

If they do put him, then tweak the crap out of him. The last thing I need is to online in Brawl to fight Marth 75% of the time, when there is 30+ other characters to use instead.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Marth won't be in. Not only does Ike have Blue hair and a similar appearance to Marth, but his sword is long and appears to show emphasis on the tip.

Roy I can see returning to use the moveset from Melee. Marth is not going to happen though, thanks to Ike. Plus Marth doesn't even look cooler than Ike or Roy, he was just the better character in Melee. Which would be no guarantee for Brawl as every character is changing in some shape. You really think they would put Marth in and keep him with his tip power, speed, and range? Think again.

Top Bottom