• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Poll] Which series needs more content in Smash?

Which series needs more content in Smash?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
This poll is for general content, not SPECIFICALLY characters. instead, this poll is for voting for what series needs content like stages, assist trophies and bosses, along with characters.

You may vote as many times as you want, but please take the poll seriously.

You may also discuss by replying below.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm... Maybe it would have been better if you submitted this thread into the general discussion board then? :/

Anyway, series I'd like to see more content of in particular. Well I'd like to see a bit of everything, really. I'd like to see some more stuff related to Donkey Kong, Metroid, Wario, Earthbound, F-Zero and many other lowly represented Nintendo series I guess.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hmm... Maybe it would have been better if you submitted this thread into the general discussion board then? :/
Oh, maybe. but this still does have to do with characters (to a lesser extent, though). I don't care if the mods want to move it or not.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Metroid, DK, and Kid Icarus definitely need more representation this time around.
Especially character wise, but stage wise and trophy wise (specifically for KI) would be nice as well.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
the two content that is already present in smash that could use some more content is Metroid and Donkey Kong,
but what smash defiantly needs is content from other games within Nintendo, they are the ones that need the representation the most.

D

Deleted member

Luigi's Mansion: I feel as though it will get more representation if Sakurai does give Luigi his Poltergust 3000 and seeing the popularity of Dark Moon, I think we will get a stage based on that game.
Kid Icarus: It will definitely get new content like music and stages. I'm unsure about characters.
Star Fox: Mostly stages.
Kirby: Again, mostly stages. Bandana Waddle Dee would be a nice addition.
F-Zero: I think it should have another character besides Captain Falcon and a new stage. I can't think of any items.
EarthBound/Mother: It deserves some new content. I would be surprised if it didn't even after the re-release of EarthBound.
Other Nintendo: I think other series by Nintendo should get representation. Whether it would be stages or characters, some series, like Punch Out!! and Golden Sun, deserve it.

I didn't vote for this (accidentally), but I believe Donkey Kong should warrant a brand new rep (King K. Rool please) and some more stages. The franchise is popular and is one of Nintendo's most long running.

I was gonna vote Retro, but the only retro thing I want to see is Takamaru. That and I just have bad memories of playing on Mario Bros. and 75m in Brawl made me not vote for it.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The obvious votes are DK, Metroid, Kid Icarus and other.

DK rose from the proverbial grave since Brawl. Brawl only had jungle beat to go with, whereas Retro reviving DKC and it selling tremendously well means that now there's much more material to get for Donkey Kong.
Metroid is also obvious in that it is tremendously underrepresented considering its status as a top franchise along with Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.
Kid Icarus is obvious in that it just got revived by the man who is making this game. A character and a stage are no longer going to cut it. Especially since it got included in the top franchise slot in the reveal trailer.

As for other, I expect to see some Punch-Out and Rhythm Heaven in this game, as well as ideally some sort of representation for the Rainfall titles (particularly Xenoblade.) I'm one of those who think Sin and Punishment and Golden Sun fans are expecting too much, but even those would merit representation of some sort.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
D'OH!!

Forgot to put punch-out in the poll. Oh well, good thing I put other in.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Meant to vote on Kid Icarus too, but I forgot...

So yeah, I'd like to see more Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, Wario content along with some other content from Nintendo series we haven't seen any or much of in Smash yet.

I'd really like to see more WarioWare and Wario Land stuff in Smash. Let's not forget Wario World either.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm adding a */5 for how much each series needs, because some just need adventure mode stuff imho:

Everything but:
Star Fox: -1/5
A dying series that's probably over-represented in Smash, I don't want any of it gone because it's important to Smash, but Star Fox probably has more than it deserves. I don't want them to cut anything to fit in Adventure Mode content, so I'd like it to have more, but as sheer quantity goes it's good as is.

Mother: 0/5
Again, probably over represented given the series is over and far smaller, but given that it was Nintendo's only big name jRPG (not sRPG FE fans) 'till atleast Paper Mario (which has all sorts of problems with being a Mario representation and the like) and now Monolith studios I think it just about deserves what it has... but definitely not any more! It had a lot of SSE content which should be moved to adventure mode.

Ice Climbers: 0/5
Sadly the Melee inclusion didn't bring a resurgence for the series, so keep it as a token retro character, with a token home stage and the music and torphies it holds. IF they make an Ice Climbers game for the Wii U with co-operative puzzles, then it can get more than it has, else it should remain one trick. Adventure mode should just be climbing the mountain, maybe the Yeti could be a boss if all stages have one; however it could also justifiably not have a stage.. though I feel it would be the best choice for an Ice Stage in adventure mode, so would be silly to drop.

Metal Gear: -5/5
Has no place in Smash Bros. it doesn't need any content, or really deserve it.

What I'd want in terms of content:

Mario: 1/5 (just adventure mode, and maybe a stage; other is deserved but not needed)
As the biggest video-gaming franchise of all time it could deserve a new character (Bowser Jr?), and certainly deserves some more stages and music to represent it's newer games (Galaxy/3D Land/World) and possibly some of the Party/Sports Games deserve some stage representation (Mario Party 9's car being a stage as it travels around various boards perhaps?). It has a lot already, but it is Nintendo's mascot, and a lot of the series is still un-repped apart from trophies.

Luigi's Mansion: 2/5 (adventure mode and something else, move please; important to Luigi)
A move in Luigi's arsenal would be nice. Another stage, or at least more trophies/music is required with the sequel, and I think it's deserving of a stage and boss in adventure mode dependent on how it's designed.

DK: 5/5 (stages, moves, music, trophies, adventure, characters... pretty much everything)
K.Rool, A Roll Move for DK, Mario Vs Donkey Kong (Minis) stage, DKCR stages, more music, trophies, adventure stage, a Tiki Tong Assist Trophy (unless he's the boss?) perhaps. It deserves a hell of a lot since Retro and the Mario V DK series have made him a serious force now-a-days.

Yoshi: 1/5 (adventure mode and maybe a stage)
More Stages, music and maybe a Kamek Assist Trophy. The newer Yoshi Island/Yarn Yoshi games should get some stage love, but I don't think it needs more characters. Adventure stage could be deserved.

Wario: (1/5) (another stage and trophies, possible move change, but no adventure needed)
Wario Land is criminally under-repped. Shake-It (and maybe MoD for 3DS) needs a stage, music, trophies and possibly a move in Wario's pool (get rid of the motorbike?). Warioware is repped enough, so keep it where it is. Not sure if Adventur Mode is needed for Wario.

Zelda: 2/5 (adventure mode is very needed, and Ganon decloning, plus another stage would be good)
Stages, Trophies, Music. This will mostly come due to the 3DS covering the handheld games. The Four Swords sub-series should probably get some representation in another form I feel, possibly with an Item or AT. Ganondorf also needs more representation to his actual game appearances, rather than being a Falcon Clone. Also the Adventure mode! Vaati could be a boss, if he's not an AT, and the series much deserves an Advnetur Mode dungeon of some form, or at least a bunch of octorocks to beat up in a Zelda location.

Metroid: 3/5 (a needed new character's a big ask)
Playable Ridley! The stages are done about right, and 2 bosses and a lot of story elements are probably about in line with how much should go into adventure mode. Design changes were also needed to update the series.

Kid Icarus: 2/5 (move and design changes mostly, but that's done; otherwise Trophies Music and Adventure Mode)
Uprising content, like the Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars, which is already in Smash 4, so yay. Palutena could easily be playable, and more Trophies (Viridi at a minimum) is a MUST. Music, stages and adventure mode content should also be included in my opinion, and maybe an AT (Magnus?).

Kirby: 2/5 (a stage to rep the risks Kirby takes, adventure mode)
A Yarn stage, and maybe Canvas Curse or the like for 3DS; one of the more adventurous titles. Adventure mode stage is also a must. Ultimtely I feel he's well met with the boss in Wispy Woods, and characters. The stages are probably right barr one to rep the unusual game mechanics that Kirby games like to try out. More Music would be nice, but really Kirby's fairly well represented.

Pikmin: 1/5 (Adventure Mode)
Adventure Mode, 2 new Pikmin could also get into Olimar's move set but are less needed, and more trophies and music. I think it's fairly well repped, just needs the Adventure Mode content really.

F-Zero: 1/5 (Adventure Mode)
The series may be dead, but for something that should be revived it could easily hold more, like Black Shadow playable? Maybe, but it's not needed per se. It should however definitely get Adventure Mode content and more music.

Pokémon: 3/5 (Stages, Mewtwo, Pokéballs and Adventure Mode)
Nintendo's most profitable series is well repped character-wise and probably should only have Mewtwo that isn't in Brawl (maybe drop Jigglypuff in terms of need, not that I want her to go). If Jiggly is back she should have some Fairy moves, and there needs to be some kind of Mega-Evolution representation in a Final Smash. More Pokéballs, more stages for the spin offs (Rumble, Mystery Dungeon, PokéPark stages etc.), music and trophies are much needed to. Adventure mode content is oh so needed though! Rayquaza already repped it for Bosses (though he should be updated to someone newer obviously), but there needs to be a stage where you can beat up various route Pokémon too. It needs alot, but character-wise it's the right numbers, just lacking Mewtwo.

FE: 2/5 (Adventure, Stage)
Stages, Trophies and Music. It could definitely pull off a third character (awakening or Roy returns?), but doesn't need one per se. Adventure mode content too please, not that I can think of a good boss. An AT would be wonderful too (Micaiah?). It can handle a lot more representation, but doesn't need a great deal, just Adventure and another stage really.

Animal Crossing: 4/5 (Adventure Mode/Stage/Something! and Character)
Brawl had an AT and a stage, 4 will have Villager, a stage, and an AT I'm sure. That's a big jump in itself, but I don't think it's enough really. A second stage could easily be deserved, if not necessarily pulled off, and it probably deserves a second character... I just don't think there is one that would be different enough from Villager to be worth including. I definitely think and Adventure Mode stage should exist, with you catching bugs or something, but there's no enemies or bosses making it harder to imagine. It needs more content than Brawl for sure, and deserves more than we've seen in 4, but I have no idea what that content could be. Trophies and Music is much needed though.

Wii: 6/5 (character, stages, adventure mode, music... needs more than most new franchises)
I don't want Mii's, I don't think it would work, or be legally a good idea as they're representations of real people, but it probably deserves it given how big a deal the Wii series is. Ultimately it deserves atleast more stages (Pilot wings is a start) and has Wii Fit Trainer which was much need over brawl. The Wii series could pull off 2 playable characters, but it certainly could have more music and trophies if nothing else. I think there could be a Wii Party stage too, or maybe make that part of Adventure Mode... It's similar to above that it deserves more, but it's not easy to pick what. They have already given it more content with 2 Stages (Pilot Wings/Wii Fit) and character though, and assumedly music and trophies too (Wii Fit), so it's a start. Maybe just Mii Plaza stage, Mii Party Adventure Mode stage, and a bunch of trophies and music is enough.

Retro: 4/5 (Character, Stage, Adventure Mode; not many needed, but still from nothing)
Takamaru says hi. Maybe some other retros for stages and ATs. Gyromite stage, or maybe Adventure Mode part. The retros are part of what make Smash great, so we need a lot more of them.

Sonic: 1.5/5 (adventure mode, music is the .5)
Needs more music, more remixes and some inclusion in Adventure Mode (Robotnik mech boss, batniks as enemies, seriously who doesn't want that?). It could handle Knuckles and Tails as playable, more stages and a hell of a lot more, but being third party it only needs to be bought up to the standards of Ice Climbers... they're guests, and should be happy with what they get, but Sonic felt like an afterthought in Brawl (and was!) it shouldn't feel that way this time. Also a Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games stage would be bad-bottom, and would be great as a crossover.

Megaman: 5/5 (Character, Stage, Adventure Mode, Trophies, Music, maybe Items; a full rep)
Megaman didn't have any representation in Brawl, so it needs infinitely more. A playable character, Stage, Music, Trophies, Protoman AT (dat whistle) and Adventure Mode stage (Metools in Smash Bros!!) with the Yellow Devil as the boss? Everything he gets is more content, so he needs it all. He's no Sonic though, so I don't think he could viably pull off more than one playable character, but if he gets it Roll would make a cool AT. He certainly could have items, stages, trophies and music though. Again like Sonic, he only needs enough to be on par with a little Nintendo rep, he's a guest, so the first list is enough, any more's a bonus.

Other 3rd Party: 5/5 (DQ needs the same as Megaman... doesn't mean we'll get it)
Dragon Quest is the only need in my opinion, though Pac Man, Layton and Bomberman (and Castlevania if Konami weren't being *****, and released Lords of Shadows on Wii U) probably deserve a spot. Sadly it's up to other companies so even the needed DQ could end up not being in Smash 4. Ultimately I think they should again be given the same sort of coverage as the above two, though DQ could pull off an Itadaki Street stage.

Other Nintendo: 10/5 (at least 1 fully repped franchise and much more other content in at least ATs)
Punch Out, Pushmo, Dillon, Panel De Pon, Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun and so much more need more representation. Be this representation in playable characters (Little Mac, Dillon?, Isaac?), stages and music (Pushmo, Rhythm Heaven?), ATs (Dillon?, Tempo?) or just more trophies and items there are so many series that need to be more heavily represented in Smash Bros.

Fatal Frame is not one of these sadly, but I think Nintendo should push it in some way, as it's their survival horror franchise, and they should make one for Wii U... Smash seems an odd place for it, but I'm hopefully they make some effort to do something with the series.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Desperately needs more content:

Metroid: It needs another character. A stage count of 3 is pretty impressive in Brawl though, and it does have an AT too, but characters do count for more, and it's a shame to look at the roster and see Samus get thrown in the same bracket as Pit, Ice Climbers and R.O.B, who at the time were all retro characters. Metroid isn't a NES series only, it's been going even after Brawl's release, and it has a great fanbase, therefore it'd be incredibly stupid to let Samus stay alone again, especially if someone like Pit gets another Kid Icarus rep while Fire Emblem and Mother already has more reps than Metroid, not to mention Star Fox being 2 characters ahead of it.

DK: This is very much in the same situation. Being the 4th biggest franchise in the game, but still only has 2 characters. 3 stages is good, even though DK stages mostly suck, but the lack of an AT is pretty weird considering how big of a franchise it is and how it has a lot of potential. It's pretty much a given that DK will receive at least one new character though, so I think this game will finally give DK what it deserves.

Punch Out: After a great revival, Punch Out more or less feels like a real all-stars series to Nintendo. Do I even need to explain further? It looks to already have a stage, just throw Little Mac in there, and give the series another AT, and it should be rocking.

Still needs more content:

Fire Emblem: After the big success of Awakening, Fire Emblem sure can muster more than a single stage too. 2 characters still seem fine, but a 3rd one would be reasonable too.

Kid Icarus: Much like Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus had a great and successful game for the 3ds. It's already getting a stage, but I think it can muster an additional character too.

Sonic: When I voted this I wasn't really thinking of more characters, which I hate the idea of, but I was thinking of stages and music. Considering how close Sonic is to Nintendo these days, the series can at least warrant 2 stages, 1 new (which we have seen) and 1 old-school. Imagine having a Death Egg Zone, Metropolis Zone, Sky Sanctuary Zone or Marble Zone stage. My personal favorite choice for an old-school stage would be Chemical Plant Zone, if not for the innovative and unique look and the potential for an awesome stage, then for the awesome music.

Pikmin: Again, not another character, but another stage. Pikmin is pretty big, give it some more love, maybe even make one of the big insects an AT too.

Animal Crossing: Now luckily AC is looking to get not only a character, but also 2 (?) new stages, so it's already getting good improvement from Brawl. One or two ATs and it should be fine.

Golden Sun: Not really a big fan or anything, but it needs more than a single song and an AT. If Isaac misses the train again, then at least have a Golden Sun stage.

Has the right amount of content:

Mario: With a ton of stages, ATs and 4 characters I think the series is sitting just fine. Like Sakurai says, he needs to be careful not to over-represent Mario just because it's the biggest. If the series gets anymore content from here on, it's just bonus. It really does have the necessary characters, neither Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi or Paper Mario are needed to give the series proper representation.

Legend of Zelda: Bring back everything like it was in Brawl in terms of representation and I'd be satisfied. LoZ is honestly one of the best represented series in the game. Just like Mario it doesn't need anymore characters (some people even argued that it would do fine without TL before his announcement) and the amount of stages seems to have hit bullseye too.

Pokémon: While Pokémon by nature has an enormous cast, I think what it has right now in terms of numbers is fine. I could see it getting another character if it wants to keep all 4 characters + Mewtwo, but wouldn't it also seem kind of wrong to give Pokémon a bigger slice of the cake than the rest, even when it isn't the biggest series in the game. I wouldn't mind personally, but it would be pretty odd, unless the amount of stages would be cut down. Of course not only does Pokémon gain extra representation in the form of the Pokémon Trainer being a 3 in 1 package, but it has all of the Pokéball Pokémons too. Some might say it's over-represented, but considering it's the 2nd biggest video game franchise in the world, I think it's fair.

Kirby: Kirby's representation is perfect, absolutely perfect. The 3 characters, 2 stages and 1 AT, they're all picked out very well, and it's just the amount of representation the franchise needs. Swap out the stages (maybe make Halberd a retro stage) and the AT for this game, but don't touch the amount of representation it has, it's just perfect.

Yoshi: It's a spin-off of the Mario series, so I think 1 character and 2 stages fit it just fine. Maybe an AT would be good.

Wario: Same as above, though it might be good to give it an extra stage. Also, I do feel the representation is pointing the wrong way, because while Wario makes more of a unique name for him in WarioWare, I think there should be at least more than a shoulder-bash of representation for Wario Land, which was his first independant game after all.

F-Zero: Considering Miyamoto seems to want to keep it a dead franchise for some time (or at least he doesn't seem to have any ideas on how to revolutionize it) I see no reason for F-Zero to get anything more. Though I do think that it has good representation with 1 character, 2 stages and 1 AT, plus a **** load of amazing music.

Metal Gear: As a 3rd party franchise which barely has any ties to Nintendo these days, 1 character, 1 stage and 1 AT is definitely enough. Some might even say it's a bit too much, I don't think so, it'd seem weird for a 3rd party to not have a stage going along with it. I don't think Gray Fox needs to return as an AT though, the series doesn't really warrant an AT very much, but I don't mind.

Most certainly don't need more content:

Star Fox: This is the leading franchise in this category. Except for a little quick money-grabbing remake, which seemingly hasn't shown to have any effect on Fox as of yet, Star Fox is a series on hiatus. Even then, I'm still pondering over how it has been lucky enough to receive two last minute clones as characters. Star Fox has more than enough content, and it wouldn't even hurt it very much to even let go of one of its characters.

Mother: As much as I love the series and I love the amount of representation it has, it's definitely debatable whether it deserves having as much as it does. I think it was incredibly lucky to get a 2nd character, again, not that I mind, I'd love even more Mother characters, but right now it needs to hold on tight to Lucas to try and keep the amount of representation it had in Brawl.

Note: I don't take bosses into consideration, since I'm not sure whether we're getting any of them this time around. Furthermore, I'm only rating the series Brawl had already established, I'm pretty much saying what I'd like to see from the Brawl to Smash 4 jump, so no Mega Man or Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom