• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Vote for your preferred Smash Bros DLC choices!

Who would you like to see as DLC for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U?

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 362 37.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 379 39.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 475 49.3%
  • Snake

Votes: 327 34.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 168 17.4%
  • Ivysaur

• Pichu

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 411 42.7%
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 293 30.4%
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Votes: 350 36.3%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 184 19.1%
  • Inkling (Splatoon)

Votes: 240 24.9%
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 230 23.9%
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 182 18.9%
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario/Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 165 17.1%
  • Krystal (Star Fox)

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero)

Votes: 117 12.1%
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 104 10.8%
  • Hades (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 108 11.2%
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Votes: 246 25.5%
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)

Votes: 179 18.6%
  • Ray Mk (Custom Robo)

Votes: 113 11.7%
  • Andy (Advance Wars)

Votes: 115 11.9%
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)

Votes: 128 13.3%
  • Kamek (Yoshi)

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • Lip (Panel De Pon)

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Votes: 109 11.3%
  • Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Rayman (Rayman)

Votes: 200 20.8%
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

• Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • Bomberman (Bomberman)

Votes: 153 15.9%
  • 4th Mii Fighter Archetype

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • Other...(character not on this list)

Votes: 331 34.4%

• Total voters

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Oh i forgot sukapon

Yea i would want that character i loved joy mech fight on the emulator

And the first part

I think viridi should be a dlc fighter

Because of the guidance showing how main she is and duck hunt dog prooved a playable character can be with the stage element version of them at the same time.
Well actually toon link proved that but there is a difference between those two you mentioned and Ridley a Stage Boss.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well actually toon link proved that but there is a difference between those two you mentioned and Ridley a Stage Boss.
Oh for peak sake you don't get what i mean

I know ridley is toast once and for all i knew that when i saw the direct

For viridi im talking this

Besides for toon link alfonzo takes his place duck hut dog prooves the point much better than toon link

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Oh for peak sake you don't get what i mean

I know ridley is toast once and for all i knew that when i saw the direct

For viridi im talking this

Besides for toon link alfonzo takes his place duck hut dog prooves the point much better than toon link
Oh I get what your saying but still it doesn't apply to Viridi because Palutena appears in those as she is playable at the same time and also while we are on this I wish hades was in some of those messages because he was a cool character and also Medusa too.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi not on this list?!

Isaac, K.Rool, Wahhh are my main three.
What about Ray (Custom Robo)? Also Captain Toad got his own game before Waluigi and he hasn't appeared in any games besides Mario spin off games and barring a Wario Cameo but, he needs to appear in non spin off games and some wario platforming games and some other Wario games as well as star in his own game first. I am a huge Luigi and Waluigi fan but, Waluigi isn't ready to be playable yet.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't really care much how many games Toad gets.

Waluigi could easily have a godlike Tennis-based moveset and it would be utter perfection.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Waluigi not on this list?!

Isaac, K.Rool, Wahhh are my main three.
The reason Waluigi isn't on the list is because characters with a defined role in gameplay aren't on. Waluigi is currently an assist trophy, so he's off for now. If an AT/Pokeball Pokemon or Stage Boss get promoted than he will most likely be added.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I'd like to see Porky Minch on here, too.
I'm not totally sure why OP is trying to make value judgments on people's wanted DLC - is there a cap to how many characters can be put on the poll? No? Then go ahead and add everyone who's been requested - unpopular ones just won't get as many votes.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Yeah, it's surprising that people want Wolf back with such demand! Can't blame them, Wolf's a lot of fun in Brawl, even my third main, so I was a little upset he didn't make it back.
I feel your pain. It hit me really hard that he was cut from the initial roster. Like Fox(1st main), Luigi(3rd main) Pit(4th main), he was my 2nd main in Brawl and my favorite Starfox character. Hopefully he'll be included as DLC and I also want to see Krystal join the roster as DLC.

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
I still want Mike Jones from Startroipics and no he would not be a clone of any of the earthbound characters. There are some pretty fun item-based possibilities for a moveset and Nintendo already owns this old NES franchise.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This poll was meant to be giving a list of popular characters who for one reason or another, have a strong chance as DLC. Why am I not adding particular characters?

1) I've never heard of them before
2) They probably will not happen for a reason. For example, it makes fairly good sense to add Lucas back if Mother gets a DLC addition. Beyond that? Good luck with that. That's why Masked Man and Porky aren't on the list. It's not that far of a stretch to say Mother wouldn't get more than 1 character as DLC.

This Poll isn't meant to be absolutely perfect. I'm not focused on encapsulating every single idea anyone has had ever. I'm focusing on choices that plenty of people have speculated on prior to Smash 4. I consider this a damn good list.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
King K. Rool and Isaac for newcomers. IC, Lucas, Wolf, Snake and Roy as veterans. I don't think they'll all be back, and I wouldn't even mind if there aren't any DLC past Mewtwo. Oh, and Ridley. I honestly still think he has a chance lol.

I think this list is great. Pretty much has all the more likely candidates. Excluding characters with a role already, which is a good idea, otherwise the list will be gigantic.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
This poll was meant to be giving a list of popular characters who for one reason or another, have a strong chance as DLC. Why am I not adding particular characters?

1) I've never heard of them before
2) They probably will not happen for a reason. For example, it makes fairly good sense to add Lucas back if Mother gets a DLC addition. Beyond that? Good luck with that. That's why Masked Man and Porky aren't on the list. It's not that far of a stretch to say Mother wouldn't get more than 1 character as DLC.

This Poll isn't meant to be absolutely perfect. I'm not focused on encapsulating every single idea anyone has had ever. I'm focusing on choices that plenty of people have speculated on prior to Smash 4. I consider this a damn good list.
Again - why are you making value judgments? This poll probably won't affect much serious, and unpopular characters just won't get votes. There is nothing wrong with having too many options on this list.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Again - why are you making value judgments? This poll probably won't affect much serious, and unpopular characters just won't get votes. There is nothing wrong with having too many options on this list.
There is a limit. If you want tons of characters, go to Short's polls.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I can feel the BURN IN THIS LIST. OMG, IT BURNS.

I even take this list serious. Im forogt to vote for DK representive...

I wish people should STOP complain about each-single character on the list.
Is you like Bandana Dee, GOOD FOR YOU, is it NOT, well GOOD FOR YOU.
Let be calm by this because, everyone have its own Opinion and Taste of likeness.

But thinking about, Next time, add Sukapon, Karate Joe and Marshall in the poll. Thank you.
(or even Young Link to TROLL OUT.)

I already vote of a trio of cut veterans, Wolf, Lucas and Ice Climber.
Vote for Bandana Dee and Isaac and even obscure characters like Ray MK III and Chibi Robo.
And the controversial Chorus Men.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
No option for None? I'm gonna admit I'm no fan of such important DLC. Dress-up alt-skins and equipment bundles, sure, but not something as substantial as characters. This game doesn't need a Riot-style cash-sink.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Give me something completely fun and unseen like Geno or Klonoa.
These characters could have crazy move set potential from their source material.

Side note I kinda like the idea of Viridi only because I enjoy her actors voice acting.
She's able to convey pretty good emotion and personality, I love it.
Plus there needs to be a LoZ KI cross over Link shipped with Viridi.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Picks from the poll:
  • Lucas
  • Wolf
  • KKR
  • Dixie
  • Isaac
  • Wonder Red
  • Inkling
  • Impa
  • Tetra
  • Krystal
  • Chibi Robo
  • Rayman
  • Bomberman
  • 4th Mii Fighter archetype (I never thought of this! Sounds interesting.)
For other characters:
  • Sceptile (Pokemon): Having 2 Pokemon DLC characters seems unrealistic, but Sceptile would be a fun character for Smash and would complete the Fire/Water/Grass starter trio.
  • Tails or Knuckles (Sonic): Being a huge Sonic fan, it is natural that I would want another Sonic character in the game. With Shadow deconfirmed due to being an assist trophy, these two would be the next-best fits.
  • Zero (Megaman): For the similar reasons as Tails/Knuckles, but I'm not a Megaman fan, so I don't feel as strong of a desire.
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive): Extremely unlikely, but Ninja Gaiden was a pretty significant game series on the NES and Hayabusa's one of my favorite video game characters ever. Recent appearances in DOA: Dimensions and Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge also add some justification.
I'm not expecting anyone to become DLC other than Mewtwo, but it would be great if at least one of the above became playable in Smash.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
Tails.
Multiple jumps
light weight
relatively quick
low knockback
long lasting multi-hit attacks

Specials:
Up special like Duck Hunt Dog (but with a rapid fire hitbox above him, multi-tap B to fly higher)
Down special like Sonic's
Side special multi-hit attack in front of tails that can reflect projectiles (like pit's from brawl)
Neutral: ???

Ground:
neutral: Sonic's punch punch kick
forward tilt: spinning double hit tail attack, hits in front, (looks like his standing attack in sonic advance)
down tilt: tail sweep across the ground much like fox, hits twice like bowser's dtilt though
up tilt: somewhere between lucario and greninja's uptilts
dash attack: like Sonic's

Smashes:
Down smash: like Peach/Pikachu/Rob
Forward smash: like Sonic's
Up Smash: like Fox's

Aerials:
Up Air: like Pit's (could blow away like megaman and game&watch's up air)
Neutral Air: like Sonic's
Back Air: another multihit
Forward Air: Looks like his forward tilt (sonic advance tail swipe) moves tails forward like jiggly puff's forward special pound
Down Air: like Sonic's

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
My picks:

Isaac
King K Rool
Ivysaur ( probably won't happen, but I wanted to show Ivysaur some love since I do like Venusaur )
Medusa
Other: there's always the possibility of somebody who's not listed here you know.

I still think Ridley has a shot despite the infamous stage boss thing going on, there's no way is he not going to be in the 3ds version at all, that's stupid.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
My picks:

Isaac
King K Rool
Ivysaur ( probably won't happen, but I wanted to show Ivysaur some love since I do like Venusaur )
Medusa
Other: there's always the possibility of somebody who's not listed here you know.

I still think Ridley has a shot despite the infamous stage boss thing going on, there's no way is he not going to be in the 3ds version at all, that's stupid.
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/pyrosphere is all i have to say. Notice the clone part...

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Thank you.

Here's the thing. I don't care if you guys want Young Link. But I see absolutely positively 100% no reason to put him on the poll. All of this Young Link talk came mainly after MM 3D. That's not enough for him, in my opinion, to suddenly be considered likely for DLC.

I made this Poll with characters I felt had a decent enough chance to be DLC. I am aware that Kamek needs to be removed. Next poll he will be. I don't see a single GOOD reason Young Link should be added to the poll. I am of the belief that Toon Link basically IS Young Link, just in a different art style.

As it stands, I will not add him.
Young Link should be in Smash because of what he represents: 2 of the most well received games in the Zelda franchise (4 if you count remakes!) Oot is widely considered the greatest Zelda game, if not one of the greatest games ever, and MM is a revolutionary cult classic that had the most story out of all of them. People want Young LInk in for what his games did, and I agree with them. In terms of moveset potential, you can give him the slingshot, Fire/Ice/Light arrows, for recovery give him the song of storms, it could carry him upwards, and as a down-b give him the Elegy of Emptiness as a trap-landmine thing (BEN WILL RETURN)

And that's it.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe I haven't posted here yet. So, as far as returning vets goes, I'm all in for my former main Snake, Wolf and Lucas. I'd also like the Ice Climbers to make a glorious return and since this here thread is not about stating what's necessarily going to happen but rather what one would wish for, I included them despite thinking they won't come back at least in the near-ish future.

Now for the interesting part, the newcomers.

First off we have Isaac. I've been a Golden Sun fan and lover since way back when the games just came out. I was 7 when I first played the original game and it hasn't released me up to this day. Often enough I find myself going back to the first two games rather than replaying the more obvious choices like the N64-Zelda games and whatnot.
While I might be extremely biased here, Golden Sun is a criminally underrepresented series when it comes to Smash. And I don't say this just because I'm in love with this series for close to 13 years now but rather because I'm not the only one who thinks like that. Golden Sun is arguably the biggest Nintendo series with no playable representation up to this day. There is the chance that a new game is in the making as Camelot, the guys behind those games, stated that "they certainly would like to make another Golden Sun as long as the fans are up to the idea" or something along those lines back in 2012.

Even though Dark Dawn, the latest installment from 2009 didn't sell as well as its predecessors - watch out, fanboy bias coming up - it was still one of the best RPG's on the DS period. It just couldn't live up to the masterpieces that were the first two games. We've seen a similar phenomenon quite often in the gaming world. Just one example being Chrono Cross. Still a pretty enjoyable game by itself but compared to the godlike Chrono Trigger, it didn't stand a chance.
Golden Sun is a series that after 13 years of existing still has a pretty active fanbase, a fanbase active enough to make them develop a third game after the story was more or less finished. And we got that game we yearned for, we got a continuation of a story we loved, we got to see the world we kept in our hearts again, we got to meet some of the old characters we developed bonds with over the years of playing the first two games.

Albeit many people say Golden Sun is just an average RPG, and I can see and understand many of the critical points they've brought up and bring up until today, the games still sold a great deal, even hitting the 2-million-mark. Even Dark Dawn, the third game, racked up sales up to the numbers of - I think - around 700.000.
I'll just end this fanboy-rant as I started it; for many people, Golden Sun has been an integral part of their childhood. For some, me included, it even was that special first RPG, the first game they downright loved. I'd probably cry if we saw Isaac playable in Smash.

Now, that was one big text here, huh? I suppose I'll shorten the next one down a bit.

While I haven't played his game, Wonder Red seems like a character I'd have a great time playing. I've seen quite a lot of Wonderful 101's gameplay and even went so far to watch a full playthrough over the course of one day. That whole multiple characters thing is a feature that I have an easy time imagining in Smash. The possibilities to make a moveset for this guy would be practically infinite.
Also the Wonderful 101 OST is a joy to behold and you all should listen to it.

Now, the next one is kind of an oddball-character. Most of us know that Neverland Ltd. and Nintendo had a great relationship and it rubbed me the wrong way that, especially after Neverland filed for bankruptcy, we've not seen any content whatsoever in Smash. I took it for granted that we'd see at least some kind of Neverland-based Assist trophy. That we got literally nothing is a real bummer.
While I've never played any of the Rune Factory games, I could really see Lest, the protagonist of one of that series' games, joining the battle at one point or another. Combining magic with a freaking pickaxe, maybe even riding a badass green dragon in the process, yup, seems alright to me. Although I don't think he actually stands a chance, being the odd choice that he is.

Other than that, while not going too in-depth on this one, I'd also really like to see Paper Mario joining the Smash. Whereas I could see him playing kinda sorta like G&W, he'd still be a representation of one of the best spin-off series Nintendo has to offer. The Paper Mario games, possibly minus Sticker Star, are just great. TTYD, the second one, still shares the spot of my most favourite games of all time with Metal Gear Solid III and Golden Sun: The lost Age.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

If I see another one of these threads without Chrom listed in the poll...

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
The guy running this thing's said he's only including characters that aren't already FSes/assists/etc.

He's wrong, but that's how he's doing it.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Canonically, that Ridley is a clone, though. Because Other M's plot was stupid.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The guy running this thing's said he's only including characters that aren't already FSes/assists/etc.

What about that is wrong? It's a pretty good rationale. Lots of people agree with it too. It's not like I'm a one man army.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's a nice way of organizing things and keeping things simple.

He did already say that if we do get an AT/Boss/whatever as DLC then he'll add them.

He's just waiting for a reason to do so.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Meh, I just think that with 8-player smash having 9 of a character onscreen instead of just 8 isn't a huge factor. They could even have some special effect on nonplayable versions of a character if the playable version is onscreen, like a blue glow to indicate that it's not the "real" Waluigi/Ridley/Chrom/etc.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
My Picks:

Wonder Red: I haven't played the game but I have heard that it is pretty great and I enjoy superhero-esque things and I want more new franchises.

Inkling: Basically the same as Wonder Red. I want more franchises.

King K Rool: I feel no reason to justify myself on this one.

Medusa: Two words: Female Villain. Enough said

Bandana Dee: I really like the character. There aren't any current spear users and I feel like he could be a pretty fun unique gameplay. Kirby may not need more reps but if it ever got another Bandana Dee is the only real choice.

Mach Rider: Another new franchise. Mach Rider would be a great revival character. plus Sakurai apparently has considered it before.

Rayman: The only 3rd party character I think has a chance of getting in for dlc. Has great potential for a move set and nintendo already has the licence. Also I just really love Rayman.

Kamek: Actually the character I want the most. Yoshi needs a second rep and Kamek is the only real character who has even a remote chance. Honestly Kamek is the closest Yoshi has to a nemesis. Kamek has a unique personality and could have an awesome magical moveset which is not something that a lot of characters have.

Characters not on the list:

Petey Piranha: A character that probably very few people want. I personally love Petey. A new heavy character and a new villain and a character that has made an appearance in smash already. With a combination of tornados, bites, goop, seeding more plants and bites Petey could have a great moveset.

Plasm Wraith: Pikmin needs another rep. I wish Alph or Louie was a full character but honestly I would prefer a completely unique character like Plasm Wraith. It is more or less the closest to a main villain in the series. A long shot I know but I think it would be cool.

Ganon or Vaati: IDK more villains

Black Mage: probably a long shot but square enix has made two sports games with nintendo and I think a FF rep would be nice. Black Mage is the only choice I can think of that would make sense.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Here's an idea - how about the next poll splits "other" into the various already-represented series, a "third-party" umbrella, and a pure other option?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
My Picks:

Medusa: Two words: Female Villain. Enough said
You know, this makes me wonder why Captain Syrup isn't on this list, she has a decent fanbase, falls in that category, and would represent the franchise she is essentially the main villain of that is EXTREMELY under represented(or rather, not repped at all!)

any chance of adding her in the next poll?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Meh, I just think that with 8-player smash having 9 of a character onscreen instead of just 8 isn't a huge factor. They could even have some special effect on nonplayable versions of a character if the playable version is onscreen, like a blue glow to indicate that it's not the "real" Waluigi/Ridley/Chrom/etc.
I don't even know what 8-player Smash has to do with a character already having a non-playable role in the game. If any of the characters had a separate role to begin with, then I could see what you're saying. But Little Mac isn't an AT anymore, and none of the other characters have some other role in the game besides playable. No playable character right now is an AT, or anything beyond that. So like I said, I don't get your point.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If I see another one of these threads without Chrom listed in the poll...
Is there any reason he should be?

I can understand why some people feel that we should include characters who already have a defined role in the game (Assist Trophy, Boss), as while it would be an issue for them to deal with (for a number of reasons), it's still technically a possibility. Chrom, though... Out of all the characters who already have a role in the game, he has the most presence in the game, by far. He's a Final Smash, he's in Robin's victory pose, he's a trophy, he's in Palutena's Guidance... The list goes on. He's so prominent in this game that removing him to make him playable would take more effort than any other Assist Trophy/Boss character. There's also the fact that Sakurai already rejected Chrom in favor of Robin due to not being unique enough, a fact that they make fun of in Palutena's Guidance. In order for Chrom to be DLC, Sakurai will have to change his opinion on Chrom, remove all traces of his non-playable status from the games, and believe that his inclusion is actually worth all that effort. In the end, Chrom is one of the least likely characters for DLC. He really doesn't have a place on this poll.

Top Bottom