• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Poll] Sonic Tactical/Move Discussion Thread?

Tenki

Smash Hero
So... a bunch of other boards have a 'tactical discussion thread' or something where they kinda have a 'schedule' where they discuss a move a day, or a tactic a day, or sometimes both (or more).

I think we should too.

There are lots of moves that have been analyzed throughout the boards, so I'm kinda leaning away from this because of that, but on the other side, there are other moves that haven't gotten as much attention or discussion. If this thread seems to gain a general consensus of a "yes, we should have one", then we can collect it all in one spot.

If you think we should have a tactical/move discussion thread, post here to kinda fill out this "survey":

- Yes/No: Do the Sonic boards need a Tactical/Move Discussion thread?
- Format:
1) Should a move and tactical aspect be discussed at the same time or separately? (eg: Jab//Recovery during Day 1, or have Recovery be a topic for a separate day)
2) How many moves should be discussed at a time? (eg: 2 attacks per session, group by 'type', or 1 attack per session)
3) How long will the topics last? (eg: 1 day for move discussion, 3 days for tactical discussion)

Tenki

Smash Hero
placeholder, in case this seems favorable and people want a discussion thread.

oh, and might as well put my own ideas in:
- No, not really, but it would be nice :x
1) I think moves/tactics should be discussed separately
2) I'm feeling like it's going to be 1 move per session
3) Depending on how active this is, each topic will change every 1-2 days. If people keep repeating same ideas, I'll take it as a hint that everything about the move/tactic has been said.

So yeah, if the majority of the first page of replies to this thread wants a TDT, I'll change the first post and turn this thread into the TDT.

Umby

Smash Master
If we're going to do this, why might as well discuss mind games or make some "ultimate" Sonic guide developed by community input, like we tried to do on melee Link boards.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
really. a lot of moves HAVE been discussed a lot and brought back up in different threads... and then others havent been talked about at all.

maybe we should just build a forum with links to a thread for each of sonic's moves.. each thread could have detailed explanations of damage, and uses, knockback, killing percents, while the threads themselves could be used to discuss the moves...

all of these threads could be linked to 1 central thread similar to the sonic compilation thread.

other than that, we could just build a sonic brawl wiki... that would be pretty tight IMO.

Tenki

Smash Hero
really. a lot of moves HAVE been discussed a lot and brought back up in different threads... and then others havent been talked about at all.

maybe we should just build a forum with links to a thread for each of sonic's moves.. each thread could have detailed explanations of damage, and uses, knockback, killing percents, while the threads themselves could be used to discuss the moves...

all of these threads could be linked to 1 central thread similar to the sonic compilation thread.

other than that, we could just build a sonic brawl wiki... that would be pretty tight IMO.
So then should we just create more threads for things like Spring usage and Homing Attack?
Then we can have all 4 special attacks covered in-depth :D

And then maybe have the "special attacks" threads under one section in the Sonic compilation thread.

Special attacks are fine, since they're unique for him, and we don't exactly have their usage perfected or fully understood just yet. Going on and making a thread for each of Sonic's tilts/smashes/aerials (or even having one thread for each category) sounds a bit... too far though.

======

Also, judging from replies so far, it looks like if I use this specific thread, it will be strictly 'tactical' discussion.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
well essentially, it would be the central thread that is important.... it would just be easier to keep track of information and keep the topics organzied and updated if it was linked off into seperate threads talking about each move... (unless there is some way to make a thread inside of a thread)

granted, some moves wouldnt get a lot of discussion... but really any move is atleast worth having information and discussion up for.

We probobly do have almost everything any1 would need to know about sonic up on this already, its just kinda unorganized and some of it is in buried threads.

either idea would work... I was just giving some of my own thoughts.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I like how the SSB and SSBM guidebooks had all the moves and percentages and meteors in them, and was sad that Brawl didn't. We could do something like that too right?

Top Bottom