• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #2 - How Old Are You?

How Old Are You?

• 10 and below

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • 11 - 12

Votes: 20 2.1%
  • 13 - 14

Votes: 155 16.1%
  • 15 - 17

Votes: 402 41.7%
  • 18 - 21

Votes: 346 35.9%
  • 22+

Votes: 37 3.8%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I found myself sitting here without a very good idea of another poll...asking what your favorite stage is would obviously yield FD as the winner, something about items is lame, and asking who do you think is most likely to be in SSBR isn't very efficient because most characters that I'd list have an equally good chance. So I decided to go with a common thread that I have to close every now and then: How old is the average smasher?

I myself am 18. You don't need to post your age in the thread, I just did to break the ice. And please, don't be afraid to post suggestions for next week's poll, I'd like to be able to see some cool results with these things, chi :)

Oh, and this is meant to be a community building vote. If I see anyone insulting someone based on their age, be it too young or too old (note that people would only know if you post your age), you'll get a stern warning. Consider this your pre-warning warning.

DoomsDayPoptart

Smash Rookie
Good evening... Night. Im 20... will be 21 in may. This is oddly my first post in these forums though I have come here frequently.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
Poll Suggestions:

Do you play smash online?
Have you use an AR on smash?
What state do you live in? (this one would probably be to hard, but cool if it could be done)
What year did you start playing smash?
How many people in your family play smash?
Do you play video games in school? If so, is it smash? (I actually think this poll would suprise people)
How many friends have you got addicted to smash?
Have you made a video of smash?
Have you made a MUSIC video of smash?

I have a couple more, but I think I'll stop there and let other people post ideas.
If you like one, please repeat it so Kokichi will know what polls people want to take.

M3ca

Smash Apprentice
i am in the majority. 18-21 XD

i see interesting ideas in the pool room from time to time so i am going to steal one.

how did you find out about smashboards?

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman

What do you like with playing smash?
Who is your LEAST favorite character?
Do you use Training Mode? :p

Questions answered and given :)

Oh yeah. Which is your favorite forum?

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord

What about "Who's your favorite top player?" That'd be a cool one to see the results of.

Also, for the state one: Maybe just ask what tournament region you're in (Midwest, Pacific West, etc...).

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
AngeloBangelo said:

What about "Who's your favorite top player?" That'd be a cool one to see the results of.

Also, for the state one: Maybe just ask what tournament region you're in (Midwest, Pacific West, etc...).
I almost put that down, but I decided against it, because I didn't want to create any kind of flames or to make people who didn't get as many votes feel bad. Besides, we all know that everyone would vote for me ^_<

And interesting that 15-17 age group overtook the 18-21 age group...for now.

Gate Everest

Banned via Administration
16... soon to be 17. Like, 4 months soon.

No driver's license though, because of many reasons. So I -still- can't drive myself to tourneys :(.

Player00

Smash Journeyman
I'm 17.5(heh) and I just got my license like a month ago. Don't worry about getting it to early, a driver license leads to fun things like insurance money, gas prices, and getting a job...

These days I don't think you can be to old to play games, especially games like smash. Being 29 and still playing games seems perfectly normal to me, it was like that with Halo. There were a lot of people in the 30 range playing Halo CE back in the day.

Master_Kakashi

Smash Rookie
17. What a CC time to be 17. >_>

How's about setting a poll up on where people get their training from for next poll?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Kokichi said:
I found myself sitting here without a very good idea of another poll...asking what your favorite stage is would obviously yield FD as the winner, something about items is lame, and asking who do you think is most likely to be in SSBR isn't very efficient because most characters that I'd list have an equally good chance. So I decided to go with a common thread that I have to close every now and then: How old is the average smasher?

I myself am 18. You don't need to post your age in the thread, I just did to break the ice. And please, don't be afraid to post suggestions for next week's poll, I'd like to be able to see some cool results with these things, chi :)

Oh, and this is meant to be a community building vote. If I see anyone insulting someone based on their age, be it too young or too old (note that people would only know if you post your age), you'll get a stern warning. Consider this your pre-warning warning.
Say what you want but there is a strong correlation between young smashers and stupid/spamful posts...(And that goes the other way around, too.)

Ideas for polls: How long you've been playing smash (including smash64), how often you play smash (hrs/day or hrs/wk) and/or how often you play with other smashers, what mode you play most often (4 player ffa, 2v2, 1v1, etc.), how about favorite "banned stage"?, which nintendo series you play most often when not playing smash (or if smash is the only one...something like that), do you play other consoles regularly, if so what (ps2, xbox, n64, etc.), maybe why you chose your particular top character (fits playing style, bcuz top tier material, b/c of other games, etc.)...I can go all day...You can do some non-smash questions, too.

Top Bottom