• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #13 - How Often Do You Smash?

How Often Do You Smash?

• Mainichi (Every day)

Votes: 235 45.6%
  • Once a week

Votes: 51 9.9%
  • Once every few weeks

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • Once every month

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • A few days a week

Votes: 167 32.4%
  • A few days every few weeks

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • A few days every few months

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Less than once a month

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Never

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Only at tournaments

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
So, how often do you play SSBM? I know that I used to play a lot in my prime, but nowadays it's reserved mainly for every other weekend or so when I can find some people here at UCLA to play with. However, when I go back up home to Santa Cruz, my friends and I play nearly every other day. But, for all purposes, I only play a few times every few weeks.

How about everyone else? How popular is Smash these days with its constituents?

McRustyJr

Smash Lord
I don't play smash much anymore. I used to have more people to play with, but they're all gone now. I only play during tournaments and when im bored i play against a level 1 computer. id say in a non tournament week, uhh 0-1 hours.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sadly, I only get to play with humans every couple weeks..

I don't think practicing SHFFL'ing and WDing counts as "smashing" so I put every couple weeks. ; ;

PSIFox13

Smash Rookie
i d say about 12 hours a week. me and my brother play about 6 best of 7's each week (only allowed to use the same character once) for 10 bucks a pop. and i play about 6 more hours with a group.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
used to be at least 48 hrs a wk.....now prolly down to about three 7hr training sessions with the crew per week, not too much, lol

theaftermath

Smash Cadet
i play everyday, but the other day i had a bunch of guys over and we played ssbm and halo 2 and splinter cell, they were might impressed and wowed at my skillz, 3 v 1 game, i won, so ya playing everyday does help even if its just lvl1's and stuff

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
ZMan said:
But to people who put never: you don't come here(Smashboards) anymore.
You couldn't be more right IMO... But can I ask this- "Where does everyone find the time to play every day for hous on end?!?!?!?!"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A few days a week is closest to twice a week, I guess. But that's because my Melee doesn't work, so, um yeah.

I still haven't lost my luster though!

KJAY204

Smash Rookie
I smash whenever the smashins good.....
its realy funny when my friends smashed
and hes playin smash though lol

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
A few years ago, there were thirteen of us playing almost, if not every, day during/after school (in P.E., we played Smash instead of basketball). Now it's down to only three of the original 13. The three of us still play constantly. It's easy since we're in college now and our schedules are more flexible (has anyone else skipped work/class to play smash?). It kinda sux, however. I don't know if you've ever played with only 3 players, but there's two people fighting and someone comes in and gets a cheap kill every time. I miss the good old days.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Against humans: couple of times a month. Hard to find people to Smash with near me, closest I have is cmart.

CPUs: Handful of times a month.

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
Much of this is gonna change once revolution comes out and online play is out.. So people will play a hell loads more and get better easier since there are humans to play online all the time.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
I play a few days every few weeks. basicly whenever I can. So when I have the time I play like crazy, otherwise no go.
About the revolution smash....
I have nothing but faith in nintendo to make a good online smash game, but I've played online fighting games before and they're never as good as the offline play. No where near as good infact. It's surprising how just a few frames of lag can change the game so much, and that's in peek conditions. With heavy lag it's just garbage, and pretty much unplayable. All the online fighters I've played have been for xbox live though, and I have definate faith that nintendos online service will be much better.

**EDIT**
probably not the place for this post, sorry mods....

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Almost every day, It's nice when your whole neighborhood loves the game :D

Top Bottom