• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #11 - To C-Stick, Or Not To C-Stick, That Is The Question

To C-Stick, Or Not To C-Stick, That Is The Question

• Yes, the C-Stick is an integral part of the game.

Votes: 635 86.6%
  • No, the C-Stick is cheap.

Votes: 98 13.4%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Okay, I didn't have one earlier this week because I couldn't think of one, so please, if you have any ideas, just post them in here as well. It doesn't have to even be about Smash, just any idea is a good idea.

As for this topic, I keep seeing threads on using C-Stick or not. Even Nintendo had an article about it. Personally, I don't see how some people would consider it cheating. It's part of the game. It's right there on the controller. If anything, I'd consider being able to charge up a Smash attack more cheating than being able to use the C-Stick, since you can make it more powerful and have the ability to release it whenever - the C-Stick is just a faster way of doing the most basic and weak Smash attack.

So what do you all think, chi?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Only noobs who die to csticking will say no. :x

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
C-stick.

The only ones that whine about it are those who play people that just mash it all the time for smash attacks (sucky people), and they aren't good enough to work around that. All the pros (and semi-pros) can see smash attacks coming days in advance and know that for aerials the A-button is always quicker.

I personally do not see it as either cheap or noob-ish, people can play however they choose. I'll still win. :chuckle:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which smasher really doesnt C-stick? Really only noobs think the C-stick is cheap. Lol if we ever introduced chain grabbing to them. XD

C-stick ftw.

Player00

Smash Journeyman
I don't C-Stick any of my moves. I don't use it for UAirs, backwards smashes or anthing like that. Not that I think it is a bad thing, as it offers more control when it comes to aerials, but I like the speed of the 'A' button more. Is this a "C-Stick is cheap" poll or a "do you use the C-Stick" poll? The topic title would suggest a poll on wether you use it or not, but the two options make it a cheap or not cheap poll. I choose "the C-Stick is cheap", but what I really mean is that I don't use it.

To the above poster, I don't think CTing is cheap. A few of them can be (Sheik's DThrow), but a lot of them take a lot of skill and prediction to pull off. It is like a slightly easier form of tech chasing. I find it very very rare when I see a CT last as long as it can possibly last, usually something happens before then and the CT ends.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Player00 said:
I don't C-Stick any of my moves. I don't use it for UAirs, backwards smashes or anthing like that. Not that I think it is a bad thing, as it offers more control when it comes to aerials, but I like the speed of the 'A' button more. Is this a "C-Stick is cheap" poll or a "do you use the C-Stick" poll? The topic title would suggest a poll on wether you use it or not, but the two options make it a cheap or not cheap poll. I choose "the C-Stick is cheap", but what I really mean is that I don't use it.

To the above poster, I don't think CTing is cheap. A few of them can be (Sheik's DThrow), but a lot of them take a lot of skill and prediction to pull off. It is like a slightly easier form of tech chasing. I find it very very rare when I see a CT last as long as it can possibly last, usually something happens before then and the CT ends.
"The C-stick is cheap" means "The C-stick is cheap". Sure the title doesn't meantion anything about cheapness but the poll sure does.

And DK was just commenting on how if someone thought Cstick was cheap, chain throwing would look 100 times more cheap.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Kokichi said:
So what do you all think, chi?
C-stick doesn't perform your noob smash or aerial anywhere else except versus, where they had to put it to appease people who are too impatient to learn how to play SMASH brothers (notice it's not called c-stick brothers). Even if the c-stick performed its melee function elsewhere (stadium, single player, etc.), I still wouldn't associate myself with the people who make me not respect c-stick.

I don't have a problem with most people who c-stick, I just don't think it's a fun way to play the game personally, and there are certainly a few people who are far too annoying and cocky for how little skills they actually possess, thanks to the c-stick. It also makes FFAs with noobs a nightmare.

roy2

Smash Apprentice
I wouldnt call the c-stick cheap. i use it sometimes but mostly use just the regular kind of smash attacks. i dosent give an unfair advantage and everybody can do it .

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Perhaps there should be more answers to choose from instead of two general opposite side of the scale questions. The top one's right on, though. :)

Vall3y

Smash Lord
lol i expected more options
cstick is cheap lol
i never figured why some ppl think that

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
The first one. Since speed is important, the C-Stick is important. If the C-Stick is cheap, being fast is also cheap. But if you Smash faster manually than automatically...whatever.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
It's definitely not cheap. . .it lets you do things that would otherwise be nigh impossible. Dash-cancelled f-smashes, for example, are just far too time-consuming to practice and pull off without the use of the C-stick. Certain aerials would also be more difficult to perform (Fox's shffl'd u-air, or CF's u-air). You can get maximum DI from the momentum of your jump while performing an opposite directed aerial--that would be impossible without the use of the C-stick.

Personally, I use the C-stick only for smashes, because I find it too cumbersome to actually bring my thumb down that low when I need to execute rising aerials (like Mario's wavelanded b-airs, for instance). Other than that, I use the A button for everything else. I'm just old-school like that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nope, I don't use it. Only exceptions is when I need it in the air, or if I have no choice. Otherwise, my finger's off it.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I think your choices were pretty bad because there was no middle ground, but i do use the c-stick for aerials and occasional smashes, but i use z for aerials as well and the regular a button way, so who am i to say anything? (a good question). i like the c-stick and to agree, it definitly isnt cheap because anyone can use it so if you think its cheap, then start using it.

Gate Everest

Banned via Administration
Wait, it's cheap? I don't get it. Are there really people like that?

Doesn't even make sense. Controllers are cheap! R button, so cheap!

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
WTF? is this for real? **** i cant believe MD has turned to such ****, i remember when there used to be atlest one or two insightful threads every other day while the other not so great threads were still good for those new to the game. now its revo guessing games and sonic WTF? this forum blows now.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Thomas Tipman said:
WTF? is this for real? **** i cant believe MD has turned to such ****, i remember when there used to be atlest one or two insightful threads every other day while the other not so great threads were still good for those new to the game. now its revo guessing games and sonic WTF? this forum blows now.
I can't believe you somehow spammed 2000+ posts under our radar.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
when i was a mega noob back in the day i thought it was cheap for team battles with like peach smashing every attack on me playing as fox. It sucked to get beat by somebody that didn't even know how to play.

but it is essential for jiggly, i change my hand grip to do the wop better

Jakob

Smash Cadet
I uses the c-stick when I smashes because it gives lesser start up lag and I don´t consider it cheap. My brother does but it is only because he never have used it.

Zenith

Smash Ace
I use C-stick for all smashes (charging is pointless, u can just use A or Z) and I use C-sticks for all uairs because for some reason I always jump when doing a uair with the A button. (And dair with Ganon).

Ismael

Smash Ace
I rarely use the c-stick, even though it's not cheap. Kokichi is right, if it's on the controller then we can use it, it's a quick way of pulling off a smash attack, it's part of the game. Using the c-stick to do airs is terrible, A button all the way.

fenixkaldoran

Smash Apprentice
OMG.. come on everyone at one point or another thought the c-stick was cheap. The people who use it don't think it is cheap especially with a charrie that pwns with a single c-foward(Ex. marth, fox) But another good point is that if your a good player, the c-stick doesn't defnine whether you win or lose. I was once against the c-stick because my marth friend would have his fingered glued on the stick. But know its all good cause his tipper is wack anywayz lol [j/k javior :) ]

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
C-stick is definitely a yes for me. It's part of the game, a perfectly valid option. Anyone who has anything against the C-stick because they think it's cheap is silly, imo.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Agreed. I'd say I use it about 25% of the time whenever I need to do a quick smash or a dair, and stuff. There's really nothing wrong with using it, it's based largely on preference and playing style. Sometimes I go whole games without it, sometimes I use it often, other times, it's a mix. It's just another alternative way of performing certain moves.

(If the C-Stick was considered cheap, then using Z to grab or shield could also be considered cheap as opposed to using R/L+A).

Sonic Soul Power

Smash Rookie
I most always use the C stick to do a smash attack. Not to say that I use the C stick all the time, but even if someone did do that our level of skill should be to the point where repetivive attacks like that can be overcome. I play to utilize as much speed and quickness as I can. Even if the C stick is half of a second faster that's still half of a second better then A over smash.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
i dont mind the C-Stick atall. i only hate it when there are these rookies that just over abuse it to the point they dont even press the A button anymore!! i only use the C-Stick for quick turn around smashes...other then that c-stick doesnt get touched often.

IMO...not cheap

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed this now... 100 voters even wow. And 33 posts... -.-

This topic comes up everyday we play smash because there is this kid who constantly complains the C-Stick is cheap. I use the C-Stick for everything, as opposed to when i started playing and i didnt use it at all.

I mean I use it for smashing, Charged smashing, throwing items (most of the time), Doing actual throws with characters, Arials and probably more i can't think of. DIing of course. The Cstick is just great because you can hold it and the get your moves out on the first possible frame. All in all, super useful.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
The C-Stick is EXTREMELY cheap.

Seriously. How much could it sell for? A couple cents?

USING the C-Stick, however, is NOT cheap. But not expensive either.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Negitive Rep Message said:
Kokichi's earned his respect here. Don't diss the vets until you've become one.
respect is a two way street, and dispite how respected someone might be it doesnt mean they can **** up and make a **** thread... hence this one.

Negitive rep messenger FVCK YOU! have a nice day.

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
I do agree that c-stick makes a lot of things easier for pros--like short hopping an upair--but I must comment that whenever I want to have a challenge against someone who's never played before, I tell him to pick Peach and smash c-stick down while holding down. Crouch cancelling dress--they'd have so much harder of a time hitting me if the c-stick didn't work...

So yes it's essential to make everything A LITTLE easier for "vets", but it makes the game a TON easier for "noobs".

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I don't see how this thread is pointless. I think somebody has their belt on a little too tight. It's just another Poll of the Week anyway. Get over it.

Anyway, I find the C-stick situational, but definately not cheap. Well, in GoldShadow's case, the C-stick is incredibly cheap. ;) I use it when playing Marth myself. For the odd D-air and the backwards WD to F-smash. It always comes out the frame you hit it, since it's unchargable.

Top Bottom