• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Makoforce - Meta Knight
Chaosgriffin - Meta Knight
hippiedude92 - Meta Knight || May have voted in another board.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I join the masses in voting Metaknight!

BSP

Smash Legend
Remember, think about the ENTIRE tournament. When going through a tournament, you almost garunteed to meet a MK. I already voted, but just reminding people.

yoshq

Smash Master
falco and diddy are easier for luigi than snake imo. if snake knows just to walk away and throw nades, it can be very tough. falco you can just uptilt, avoid his lasers, and nado after him when he side bs. diddy just be patient and combo him when he messes up.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
The only problem with falco is that his in close boxing game is even better then luigi's which shuts down a big part of luigi's game. Vs Snake getting into the nades is difficult, but the reward or getting into snake is a lot better then luigi getting in on falco. Not to mention falco can get out of utilt with some smash DI(assuming he's even in the position to utilt)

BSP

Smash Legend
Luigi's Bair is a pretty good response to Marth's sword on most moves, and his inclose game shines when he can get in too.

Snake is just really gay though. I agree with the walking away and just keeps chucking nades at you.

yoshq

Smash Master
i think the definite choices would be either snake, marth, diddy, or olimar (sorry biglou no falco) - just in my opinion. biglou, i know, but falcos don't usually try to outbox luigi, at least vs me. they usually camp. the above choices being the hardest tourney viable characters luigi would have to face... diddy and olimar because mainers of those characters usually try to learn the matchup so much that at least personally they are very hard for me.

BSP

Smash Legend
It may just be me, but I don't think vs. Diddy is really in Luigi's favor.

yoshq

Smash Master
i think it's 50-50 or 55-45 luigi, only because luigi has tiny situational advantages over diddy, but you need to know the matchup to use them. otherwise it's basically get camped then once every 5 min come in and combo for 30 sec just like all luigi matchups.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i think it's 50-50 or 55-45 luigi, only because luigi has tiny situational advantages over diddy, but you need to know the matchup to use them. otherwise it's basically get camped then once every 5 min come in and combo for 30 sec just like all luigi matchups.
this^^^

luigi is broken as **** >=(

Top Bottom