• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Are you getting Brawl midnight of the local realease date?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Depends on if they even do a midnight release. But seeing that they plan to release it on a Sunday, I would think they would, I don't think there is shipping on that day. Right now I would say no, but I'll probably be worked into a frothing frenzy by then, so perhaps.

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
yes, if my parents let me, but chances are good, since my b-day is the day before brawl comes out, ill just ask for it to be part of my b-day present :)

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I already preordered it @ Gamestop so I'll get it early in the morning though, (6-7am)
-Will game stop have enough available for people who preordered?

Eh... I'll play it safe + this is the best game ever so yeah.

Wazoo21 mark me for Yes.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I will be for sure, I think midnight releases are a lot of fun. However...I don't think the Gamestop stores in my area have enough reserves for them to do one. T_T

Florida

イーグランツ
I already preordered it @ Gamestop so I'll get it early in the morning though, (6-7am)
-Will game stop have enough available for people who preordered?

Eh... I'll play it safe + this is the best game ever so yeah.

Wazoo21 mark me for Yes.
The purpose of pre-ording a game is to make sure that you have a copy of it reserved for you at the game's release.

And to the "poll":
Yes. If GameStop is open at midnight on such day.

Darkurai

Smash Master
umm no.
I will be sleeping soundly knowing i have a garunteed copy for tommorow after school
The tenth is a sunday.
Are you seriously waiting a day and a half knowing you could be playing Brawl for a WHOLE DAY!?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Dutch people are cheap douches anyway, so getting a copy of SSBB would be easy.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Nope.I got mine garunteed, so I'll be snug as a bug and then BAM! Brawl in my hands the next day. (or same day if you want to get technical)

GoldenIke

Smash Apprentice
Go to sleep 12 saturday (usually go to sleep at 5-7 am ) get up at 5-8 wake my mom up at 30 minutes after I do, go to gamestop and get it then of course, go back later and get their FC's and own them online :D i could say "bet you a DS game I can own you GS guys" :p

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Nope. I would if I could, but I live in Europe (better known as "Other") and have to wait for it to be actually delivered.

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
Here's how I do things.

First of all, I boycott Gamestop. They don't give you as much as they should for trade-ins. That kind of puts me off.

When I went to buy a Wii, I waited outside Best Buy on November 18th from about 2:00 in the morning. I really like how Best Buy handles lines for things like this. They make you check ID, and there are limits on how many you can buy, but I don't care.

I bring a lawn chair with me, and maybe a blanket. Make sure to have a DS with you! Waiting in these lines is really an enjoyable experience. When I waited for my Wii, I talked with all kinds of people in line about Nintendo and other things, and played all kinds of DS games, for almost everyone in line had a DS. I doubt that there will be quite as many people in the lines for Brawl as there were for the Wii itself, bit they will be sizable.

The reason why I wait in these lines instead of preordering the game is for a few reasons. First of all, all this hype for the game is making me itching so hard to play it, I feel that I must have it as soon as I can. That's passion, people. The satisfaction of waiting out there for hours just to get one thing is so great. You feel so good about it. It just makes me happy to be a part of the process, and that there is a game so incredibly awesome that it would make me do something like this.

GoldenIke

Smash Apprentice
So far i know like 3 ppl getting that are my friends. 1 reserved other two just gonna wait. Really can't wait to get it...ooo i wonder when GS opens

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
well you have to make sure they have midnight releases first..

ive gone to about 3-4 gamestops in my area to ask about the possibility of a midnight release..this was before the delay..and they said that they need about 100-150 people to preorder before hand for them to have a midnight release. then when i asked how many pre orders they had at the time (mid september), and the median was about 45, one had around 70. thats pretty good for (at the time) about 3 months before the game's release. now with the delay, im almost certain most, if not all, the gamestops in the lansing michigan area will have a midnight release, but go to your local gamestops and ask the people working there.

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
Here's how I do things.

First of all, I boycott Gamestop. They don't give you as much as they should for trade-ins. That kind of puts me off.

When I went to buy a Wii, I waited outside Best Buy on November 18th from about 2:00 in the morning. I really like how Best Buy handles lines for things like this. They make you check ID, and there are limits on how many you can buy, but I don't care.

I bring a lawn chair with me, and maybe a blanket. Make sure to have a DS with you! Waiting in these lines is really an enjoyable experience. When I waited for my Wii, I talked with all kinds of people in line about Nintendo and other things, and played all kinds of DS games, for almost everyone in line had a DS. I doubt that there will be quite as many people in the lines for Brawl as there were for the Wii itself, bit they will be sizable.

The reason why I wait in these lines instead of preordering the game is for a few reasons. First of all, all this hype for the game is making me itching so hard to play it, I feel that I must have it as soon as I can. That's passion, people. The satisfaction of waiting out there for hours just to get one thing is so great. You feel so good about it. It just makes me happy to be a part of the process, and that there is a game so incredibly awesome that it would make me do something like this.

But you won't get it at midnight.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Most likely. I waited out for the Wii and I'll wait for Brawl. I just hope someone brings a gamecube and Melee. My ds could only keep me entertained for so long.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah! I waited 33 hours in Wal-Mart for my Wii and it was AMAZING! Best time of my life. Nothing better than playing SSBM on a Hello Kitty TV in Wal-Mart. XD Seriosly, they treated us like VIPs there. They even gave use free cookies and drinks and Wii goodies, like Wii iron-ons and patches. There were 20 Wiis and 20 people there. Sadly, I was number 4. (I would have been number one if my mom didn't change plans on my ride from school to Wal-Mart at the last minute. My friends beat me there.) Anyway, yes, I will wait for Brawl. Maybe not 33 hours, but I will be there before midnight.

Top Bottom