• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemongeof's Super Smash Flash 2 0.9 Tier List (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
S Tier
Goku, Jigglypuff, Ness, Kirby​

A Tier
Meta Knight, Peach, Fox, Black Mage, Wario​

B Tier
Ichigo, Captain Falcon, Naruto, Pikachu​
C Tier
Megaman, Mario, Lloyd, Shiek, Sora​

D Tier
Tails, Samus, Zelda, Donkey Kong​
E Tier
Sonic, Bomberman, Yoshi, Link​

Personally, im not really by this anymore. Might Appy to the SSF2 Backroom

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Rufio still exists in SSF2 (harder to execute than brawl) so MK in upper mid seems legit. His Up-B sucks, but his drill works wonders if ur opponent lacks a spike.

Jigglypuff is lower high tier since rest got nerfed slightly with lower knockback. Cpt Falcon has easy chain grabs/0 death CGs->combos on a lot of characters till/unless his throws get fixed. Experiment with up throw and catching them and more up throws (platforms can get in way) and then down throw them across the stage if FD after you get the character higher in damage. Then go into spike/combos/knees. I'd put him top 3 for sure in game no argument. There is a case for him @ #1. Depending upon how things turn out.

Wario is to heavy to be as bad as you have him (+has a fart). Sora has some legit combos. Ichigo is not top tier... Just no.... Shielda for lower high tier IMO (but mine is just really good). Ness=Mid tier. Samus=LOW. Link=upper low/lower mid.

These are my opinions on some of what you have so far. Regardless, you/people will need to split it into 4 if not 5 groups and then once that is decided we will attempt to list the exact order the characters fall in.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Where's Lloyd?

I'd put him high tier. His recovery isn't that great but he has really good spacing options and sonic rush works like a one-sided Melee Link spin attack.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Put Lloyd in!
I dont think Lloyd is Mid-High Tier. At least 1 group lower. I don't see anything that is very good about him and he pretty much sucks. I want to say Puff is higher than you have her but I love puff so idk.

I hate Wario, but no... No.... He is at least mid tier. You're using him wrong/underestimate his living potential. Characters should not keep living to ~150% every time on Yoshi's when I use them regardless of how good my DI is. And his Fing fart after 2 minutes/right in that zone is WAY OP. His Nair is great his Dtilt is good. Is Up air is great. And he can almost dope walk due to how slow he walks. It'd probs make for an interesting mind game lol. His Utilt is also viable.

Oh and I just used Wario on Yoshi's vs Sora (lv 9 of course). How did I lose a stock? 250% from an upthrow. Don't diss DI/weight. With him where he is your list can't be taken seriously yet.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
TBH this is wrong in so many ways, but at least is something, the SSF2 BR is dead.

Hint: Wario was top tier in the last demo.

Edit Hint: Ness too

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
After some exhibitions at APEX 2013 and extensively testing Ichigo, I'd say that he's High Tier. Not by your list, but in that there are those in the Top Tier section above him. Characters such as Sora stand out as some of the best in the game due to his combo extensions and a great finisher and counter in Firaga. The move is so powerful, and Sora's Strike Raid (Side + B) is quite efficient at gimping a lot of recoveries.

Then again, a proper tier list involves pitting characters against one another and taking into account their strengths and weaknesses at the height of their metagame.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
TBH this is wrong in so many ways, but at least is something, the SSF2 BR is dead.

Hint: Wario was top tier in the last demo.

Edit Hint: Ness too
Both reasons got fixed.... Ness's pk fire lock was fixed and wario was countless times better. And had OHKO fart gimics and more true combos.

After some exhibitions at APEX 2013 and extensively testing Ichigo, I'd say that he's High Tier. Not by your list, but in that there are those in the Top Tier section above him. Characters such as Sora stand out as some of the best in the game due to his combo extensions and a great finisher and counter in Firaga. The move is so powerful, and Sora's Strike Raid (Side + B) is quite efficient at gimping a lot of recoveries.

Then again, a proper tier list involves pitting characters against one another and taking into account their strengths and weaknesses at the height of their metagame.
Apex 2013 demo had different knockback than the current version despite both being v0.9. Current is like 0.9156 or something idk. But there has been immense changes. Apex is no longer a valid comparison. I can't agree with Ichigo being top tier with the current version. Just not possible.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I never said that Ichigo was top tier. I'll have to play through the new version though once I get my adapter for GC to PC in.

Save for the glitch on his grounded Up + B delivering an instant OHKO on the very last frame in the center, Ichigo seemed balanced enough.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
i heavily disagree

jigglypuff and ness should be top tier

fox and captain falcon are too susceptible to chaingrabs and gimps to be top tier, they should be moved down to mid imo

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
i heavily disagree

jigglypuff and ness should be top tier

fox and captain falcon are too susceptible to chaingrabs and gimps to be top tier, they should be moved down to mid imo
I agree with fox and falcon, but not with ness and jiggs, but i'll try

Edit: good points. In ssf2, jiggs and ness are improved!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Did they fix the training mode consecutive hits thing or is it just my downloaded version? It keeps going up even though you're not actually comboing them and takes like 10 seconds to reset. (probably not the right thread to post but oh well...)

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I've JV 5 stocked level 9s with Captain Falcon (only 3 times with 1 through CG abuse but I rarely bother playing serious an entire match). So I stand by Falcon for top tier. His matchup vs Goku and Fox especially for example are huge due to how high of usage they would have in top play. Also someone needs to see how escapable Pikas forward through CG is. I'm to lazy to test it personally.

Also, what about Kirby and Mega Man?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
why are pikachu and bomberman bottom tier i cannot even think of a reason why either would be below high tier at all

dettadeus

Smash Lord
why are pikachu and bomberman bottom tier i cannot even think of a reason why either would be below high tier at all
i didn't even notice those

bomberman is top tier just because of his fthrow

didnt u guys kno that pikachu can stay invincbel for the rest of a match if you use b-up into the ground
timing is super dooper strict but it works trust me

Osennecho

Smash Ace
done here

you people thinking the computers are worth crap in any game
But all the kills were knees >.>.... It's different if you just take any kill option.... CPUs are meant to be bodied though. I agree...

Also, I've been to lazy to argue for Bomberman.... Character just isn't fun for me so I don't know all his gimicks. Obviously higher tier then he is atm here though.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Both reasons got fixed.... Ness's pk fire lock was fixed and wario was countless times better. And had OHKO fart gimics and more true combos.

Apex 2013 demo had different knockback than the current version despite both being v0.9. Current is like 0.9156 or something idk. But there has been immense changes. Apex is no longer a valid comparison. I can't agree with Ichigo being top tier with the current version. Just not possible.
Fire Lock has never worked, you could di it since 0.8a. Ness was considered among the top tiers because his crazy combo pontential (Really, JC Down B? he is the melee falco), his stupid recovery and his finishers. Wario was considered top tier due his crazy aerial mobility (which is still dumb) and his combos.

And those things have barely changed.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Fire Lock has never worked, you could di it since 0.8a. Ness was considered among the top tiers because his crazy combo pontential (Really, JC Down B? he is the melee falco), his stupid recovery and his finishers. Wario was considered top tier due his crazy aerial mobility (which is still dumb) and his combos.

Didn't mean permanent fire lock. But jumped fire lock and up close reverse fire locks seemed to work for a while @ low percents if you got one off. Like 0-50ish. Which is honestly huge. Or did that not work and the only couple times I played anyone, they sucked?
And as far as I'm concerned, a OHKO fart is more of a reason than crazy combos/air mobility. It was the 2 combined. Either can make a character good, but to be the highest ranked he clearly needed both.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

magnet shine is gone and SDI distance quadrupled since v0.8b

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
More changes, moving and added Kirby and Megaman

Thinking of having a poll to see where everyone belongs.

Everyone make their opinion of the SSF2 tier list based on their skills (NO FAVS)!

davdy22

Smash Rookie
Tails isn't lower.

Bomberman is bottom tier.

Goku is top tier.

People here are saying Lloyd sucks.

I'm outta here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Link should be Mid-high tier. His UpB sends at a semi spike angle, and his up throw can KO Donkey Kong at 75%.

:phone:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Link should be Mid-high tier. His UpB sends at a semi spike angle, and his up throw can KO Donkey Kong at 75%.

:phone:
Sounds like you have an older 0.9version. On the new knock-back reduced ones, DK would need to be like ~110. He's probably borderline low mid and mid. Also, @OP, you misinterpreted my discussion with someone earlier. We were talking about Wario in 0.8b not now when we were discussing him being high tier/best in game. He is NOT the highest tier, but may perhaps be the tier beneath it. Also, you have Megaman twice and don't have kirby.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Jeez, why Mario so low? He's pretty decent, but he's not that bad. Should be somewhere in mid tier cuz of his aerials. But seriously, why he that bad?
Edit: Looks much better now. Thanks.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord

dettadeus

Smash Lord
there isn't one because the people who are qualified to make it haven't finished it yet

this is not official nor is this the place for it to be placed; it doesn't even deserve its own topic (especially not on smashboards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom