• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
this is just amazing i didnt see this coming from a mile away i mean wow. The trainer i mean it makes sense cause he is the main character but the pokemon are what drives the game. Im not complaining though, wonder if they'll make a alt costume for girls i mean that would be nice for those who want to play as the girl trainer. Also does this knock down lucario's chances? what the heck will his FS be like every pokemon attacks or something, i mean wow so many possiblities.

blurr

Smash Rookie
I think this is just what smash needs for a pokemon franchise addition. Simply amazing. I'm so happy. :)

timbu

Smash Apprentice
Hal Labratory inc. might as well put the Pokemon health meter on...
I wonder if they can Level up :laugh:
Better yet, hope that they could evolve lol :laugh:
evolving would never happen, or they wouldn't have put one from each stage of evolution, that wouldn't make sense right?

this is winzip though. playable charizard is the best, his side B must be like his pokeball...useless

wing zrow

Smash Lord
Sakurai you magnificent *******. How do you keep managing to surprise me. Great update, i look forward to winning tourneyments as ivysaur.

1337marth

Smash Ace
this is just amazing i didnt see this coming from a mile away i mean wow. The trainer i mean it makes sense cause he is the main character but the pokemon are what drives the game. Im not complaining though, wonder if they'll make a alt costume for girls i mean that would be nice for those who want to play as the girl trainer. Also does this knock down lucario's chances? what the heck will his FS be like every pokemon attacks or something, i mean wow so many possiblities.
Good point.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
would be pretty cool, and did you notice how Squrtile and venisaur are un-evolved forms, then they have Charizard Instead of Charmamder
it's not venasaur, it's ivysaur, so it's an evolved form, but not completely evolved

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really don't think the advent of this lessons Lucario chances any. He still is one of the most popular pokemon if the 4th generation.

On topic this update is by far the most exciting one for me. Squirtle must must must have sunglasses for his alt costume. Go Squirtle Squad ^_^

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
As usual, I am horrified and sickened by an update.

But you all expect that of me anyway.

Im not gonna complain here, I dont wanna derail the discussion, so Ill just say that I hate this update with all my heart and soul, and leave.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
I really don't think the advent of this lessons Lucario chances any. He still is one of the most popular pokemon if the 4th generation.

On topic this update is by far the most exciting one for me. Squirtle must must must have sunglasses for his alt costume. Go Squirtle Squad ^_^
Keep in mind tha ASH'S Squirtle is in the Squirtle squad...
This is a random trainer

kzee

Smash Rookie
Omg, my brain just broke. This is groundbreaking. But how is this going to work? Will each pokemon have their own set of moves, or are they just Special moves? :confused: It looks like the Trainer is just some cheerleader on the sideline. I can already think of a few ways each of the pokemon can recover when thrown off stage. Charizard can probably fly like Peach, Squirtle can use hydropump similar to Bowser's Up B, and Ivysaur can use his vines to grab onto the stage like Samus' grappling beam and Link's hookshot.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
I imagine a large part of the strategy will be bringing out the heaviest character during high percentage play to allow for greater damage to be taken. Should be a really deep character actually... So much thinking will need to be done before each match starts to allow for counter picking the right percents etc... I'm really impressed actually, and they seemed to have covered all the angles to make sure he wont be broken... then again, glitches change everything :)

wing zrow

Smash Lord
PKM Trainer really reminds me of the older king of fighters games. You always had your team mates on the sidelines in the backround cheering you on or getting angry when your loosing. Anyone here know what i'm talking about?

UobteX

Smash Cadet
What happens to the trainer when he loses all his stocks?

Will this Pokemon team be overpowered, or underpowered? People thought Ice Climbers were going to be cheap, but it turns out that they were only the average character.

Will each have their own final smash? If so, what would they be?

If a pokemon gets KO'd, what happens to it? Do they spawn back into a Pokeball for the trainer to use? Is their 'stamina' reset?

What is this stamina thing anyway? Does it deal with how hard the Pokemon hits, or how sturdy and fast it is?

Won't there be a lot of glitches to exploit with this? For example, flinching a pokemon before he switches, or switching before being sent through the air with a smash attack?

Will anybody ACTUALLY be using him? He looks pretty weak to me... Sounds like an experienced Fox/Falco user would easily be able to take the team down in a matter of seconds

Wow, a lot of questions to be answered.

HarryPooter

Smash Cadet

Im not gonna complain here, I dont wanna derail the discussion, so Ill just say that I hate this update with all my heart and soul, and leave.
The 4chan guys have a good reason to make fun of you, TBH. But they are going overboard.

This is the same thing as sheik/zelda, but with 3 characters instead of two, and a stamina thing added to increase balance. I fail to see how this could possibly ruin even your ideal SSBB.

Also, the game is still fun without advanced techs. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be popular. It's not like doing things like this will make the game not fun any more.

Moochero

Smash Cadet
im speechless! hopefully there will be more unique characters like him. plus i always wanted 2 pllay squirtle

gnosis

Smash Lord
Will anybody ACTUALLY be using him? He looks pretty weak to me... Sounds like an experienced Fox/Falco user would easily be able to take the team down in a matter of seconds
Where are people getting this idea?

We really have nothing to go on for how good/bad this character is, as far as competition goes.

Also, Fox might be ****ty in Brawl, and Falco isn't even yet confirmed... no one in the world is an experienced Brawl Fox/Falco, and when there finally is one of those people, we may find their main sucks.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
It appeals to certain people, and it doesn't for others; get over it.

I personally am not quite a fan. Sure it's interesting and it'll bring a new playstyle to the table, but this game is not Pokemon. Once again I feel that this addition is geared toward the 12 year olds.

wing zrow

Smash Lord
Hey, if they could give pikachu ash'e hat then why not give it to the pokemon trainer as part of an alternate costume as well?

Brawl's got characters from games from all different demographics. May as well count out pikachu and kirby too if you think theyre tailoring to the 12 year olds. And hell, even if you don't like em, that's just one more character you can beat up am i right?

Viewtiful_Jeff

Smash Apprentice

WHAT'S THE MATTER OL' BUDDY, NOT ADVANCED ENOUGH FOR YA?!

*Shrieks with joy.*

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Reminds me of the Pokemon episode that Ash tries to go into the Pokemon league and has to take all those tests. Those are the 3 Pokemon that James got and tried to use against the Master Trainer.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something. Obviously the PT will have alternate costumes and his pokemon will have to have them too to avoid confusion when multiple people choose PT, but how will it look on the character selection screen? In the first two Smash Bros. there were fairly small rectangles on the bottom of the screen that showed the character you chose. Does this mean the PT and all three of his pokemon will be crammed into that tiny rectangle?

Also, it'd be cool if when multiple people were using PT, the match up of pokemon types affected the amount of damage done. For example if charizard used a fire based attack on ivysaur, wouldnt it be cool if ivysaur took more damage than if the attack were used on squirtle. or if even lets say some one was using pikachu, and some one using PT had squirtle out, pickachu's electrical attacks did more damage because of their types. I think (if done right and balanced properly) that could be a really cool feature.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Cool idea, hope it is not over powered, I bet that it's Final smash would be a different pokemon.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really don't know about that one. incorporating the pokemon type system into Brawl seems like that could be hard to do. Also if what you said was in effect in SSBB the match of PT vs PT would just be a never ending switch war in order to get the advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom