• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer in teams

Yeah, this topic is describing things like how well each pokemon does in teams and what other characters are well in sync with Pokemon Trainer.
I may turn this to a "How X charcter does with PT" kinda thing.

Also, Please close this if any topics are similar to this.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
They have existed before (briefly), but I will allow this one to remain open because the others have been long dead. This is the official teams thread.

I like playing with Dedede, personally. I always lead with Squirtle in doubles. But I don't participate in doubles often, so that means little.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
A wanna say Jiggs for some odd reason. Don't really know why.

Anyway, I love playing with Diddy from time to time (well... I haven't played offline doubles in a month, but whatever >.>)

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I try to use squirtle as much as possible but charizard is usable too. A note about bullet seed, if you catch a opponent in it your partner can come in and do some aerials or something to rack up more damage and they will hardly move at all. Squirtles watergun is suprisingly effective, pushing opponents together is always a good thing as they have to watch their attacks more and not hit each other

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Squirtles watergun is suprisingly effective, pushing opponents together is always a good thing as they have to watch their attacks more and not hit each other
Ike's your teammate.

Let him start charging Fsmash, then Water Gun him over toward your opponent.

Being totally serious, I use Water Gun on my own teammates sometimes.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Well, I prefer King Dedede's Fsmash because that thing's funny when it hits the other person, but I went with Ike because...

...Well, just think about it. Everyone always complains about tripping into Ike and he does Fsmash. And that's while he's stationary. If you push him all over the stage then pretty much people are going to be tripping four-five times per minute in games where Squirtle and Ike are present.

Another thing I use more in doubles is Withdraw. Sometimes I just use it to "break up the fight" if my teammate is getting attacked by both people. Still kind of pointless.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Being totally serious, I use Water Gun on my own teammates sometimes.
I do this WAYYYY more often than I should.

"Hey, Calvin (Kismet), you can handle that Meta Knight and Snake if I push you straight towards them, right?"

But, I say this in my head, and he is Star KO'd, XD. I should think before doing it, but it works more often then not, actually.

Toby.

Smash Master
I do this WAYYYY more often than I should.

"Hey, Calvin (Kismet), you can handle that Meta Knight and Snake if I push you straight towards them, right?"

But, I say this in my head, and he is Star KO'd, XD. I should think before doing it, but it works more often then not, actually.
This basically describes my own doubles experiences as well. Watergun is so fun...and epic.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
what i like to do is switch when my PARTNER dies, because he comes back with invincibility and covers my *** in case anyone wants to punish the switch.

T-block

B2B TST
I really like Ivysaur in teams actually, if you have a good partner. He can cover you while you Bullet Seed, make it easier to recover, etc.

Playing with Snake is fun. Ganondorf too - d-air + bullet seed is lulz

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
I can see rock smash and bullet seed shenanigans being fun. Never really played doubles with FF on... so I wouldn't know much about this side of 2v2.

zeta

Smash Journeyman
i'm currently teaming with a luigi seems to work fine. i always lead with squirtle.

Top Bottom