• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon trainer FAQ Read this ((CHU & Chillin vids added!)))

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
you got pwnd by photobucket
lol ouch pwned.

Anyway, awesome too see this nice batch of info.

Favorite bits:
Fly=Fire Fox
Razor Leaf = Links Boomerang (i called that one)

I know the attacks aren't exactly the same, but at least we now have a good idea of how they work.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Well looky here... Curbside strikes again.

Curbside_Prophet said:
P.trainer

He and his pokemon have a GB looking color

Has red and white outfit

Charizard

B ^ continued : seems to hit multipule time ( not e sure ) but I do know the last hit will knock you back.seems very effective

A > air wing move forward and he shoots a quick burst fire

A : claw ,claw, wing attack

A ^ smash : an upward head butt jump has a weird spikey energy around his whet he dose it.

A > smash : massive knockback

One of his alt colors is straight red

Squirtle

A air: withdraws into shell spins water sprinkles out

When he get knock out(aka like he gets smashed into the ground and you lay there for a bit if you don’t get you L timing right) rather lay on the ground hes on his shell and waggles his legs and arms until he rocks back up.

Venasuare

A running : a heddbutt dive can kill in sudden death

I dont remember the black charizard all the pokemon alt colors seemed kinda boring red or p trainner i guess was the one with the mosre drastic changes

p.trainer had a brown outfit with tan accents, a white with red accents ,a blue outfit a green with darker green accents and the GB outfit gray white and GB screen green.

ivasuare as i said before is well rounded he controls fine in the air I'd say think young link or pikachu. theres really no oddness to him.his is a bit slower that pikachu i think ( it was hard test everyones run to the fullest in battle. charizard i only saw his take off dash he pretty much jumps forward gickly and glides IN not sure if he lands of continues to glide i never saw him run that far.

I dont know about ivasaures run speed the stages where small i didnt run much but his jumping hight and control where similar to a mix of youg link and pikachu.also as far as entraces and victorys go

p.trainer
entrence pokemon for ball i I think the trainer was already there
victorys

he puts his arms around ivasaurs neck rubs his head ivasaure looks happy

throws fist into air ivasaure flips and land on his belly with his limbs out like hes flying

trainer hugs squirtle squirtle looks bashfule

loss screen trains hold one hand over his face in a i cant beleave i lost way the pokemon will clap

another note i only could hear it once but the announce says the name of the winning pokemon rather than p.trainner

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
What I want to know is how Ivy's Bullet Seed works in the air. If it can be angled downward, and canceled... well let me put it this way: needle cancel anyone?

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Btw it's Ivysaur, not Venusaur, which was spelled wrong anyways.

I love that Charizard's Forward Smash has Massive Knockback, and he has an alternate color that has him completely (that was the word that was used) red!

Looks like he's going to have to pretty nice alternate colors, except the green one isn't anything to get excited about but there has to be one, so they can't all be great alts, but pretty close. :)

I find this info pleasing, although it displays Wing Attack twice, so that means the finisher for his triple A button combo is just like his forward attack in the air...? I hope there's some variety in his attacks.

I guess there is, his non special attacks involve headbutts, claws, wing attacks, and tail slamming, with the possibility for other forms of attacks, I still don't think we know what any of his throws are like, I want Seismic Toss, that'd be one cool throw.

I wonder what his down smash is like, and his meteor smash, along with his backwards aerial attack (I imagine that'd involve his tail, might be similar to Mewtwo's).

Also, there's only 1/3 of his strong attacks are: the tail sweep one that is similar to Mewtwo's. To be sure, there is more to be learned about this Pokémon that the Pokémon Trainer uses, as well as the other 2.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
Is everyone seeing what looks like a baseball field in the background of the subspace pic? I know we are not sure but just thought I would point out that observation. Hopefully we learn more soon.

Oh yeah and that new (been out for a while now) 5 minute game play video has someone playing with all three pokemon at one time or another. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhfQRTdSwiI
There is a live action PT final smash as Charizard. Some Ivy and Squirtle play as well. Just adding this to make sure it's noted/documented. Since many are craving actual vids of him. Everyone has probably seen.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Good job here. God I love seeing PT play, such an innovatinve character. If it is possible to main just one character, I'm definitely using just Squirtle as one of my secondaries.

Rakath

Smash Ace
But... where are the details. I mean, we don't have a full understanding of how both moves work, but we do know Water Gun is chargable and Fly is an incredibly strong move (Fly is Charizard's third strongest move). You got them listed without details in an easy to find manner as they are buried in the unsorted details toward the end of the post...

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
do you want all the details on PT we know or less that are organized well. i have a life. i go out with my mates alot. i am not going to sit here all day

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Sweet. I saw some gameplay videos with PT on Mushroomy Kingdom and the quality was bad :( I didn't see him till the stage finished and zoomed in on his pokemon and I saw him >.>

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
this should soon die out. when brawl comes out in America it will not be needed. the point of the FAQ was the keep info up to date for SWF. Thankyou for supporting this FAQ. I hope i did a good job for you.

Gerudo out

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
Is there anyway to switch from Charizard to squirtle without going to ivysaur? I want to start of with charizard and so some heavy damage then switch to squirtle and get some KO's with his fast attacks, but ivsyaur is the one I don't care for out of the three. Is there a way to go straight from charizard to sqiurtle or should I at least learn some of ivsyaurs moves just in case?

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
this should soon die out. when brawl comes out in America it will not be needed. the point of the FAQ was the keep info up to date for SWF. Thankyou for supporting this FAQ. I hope i did a good job for you.

Gerudo out
Thanks Gerudo for your hard work and stuff. I would of done something like this but I'm lazy so yeah..

ngtm

Smash Cadet
Is there anyway to switch from Charizard to squirtle without going to ivysaur? I want to start of with charizard and so some heavy damage then switch to squirtle and get some KO's with his fast attacks, but ivsyaur is the one I don't care for out of the three. Is there a way to go straight from charizard to sqiurtle or should I at least learn some of ivsyaurs moves just in case?
its horrible to think like that...each pokemon brings something different to the scene. ivysaur has amazing aerial attacks for instance. Play as ivysaur once and figure all that stuff out. you can't not appreciate ivysaur as a character. ivysaurs arguably the best of the three because he's balanced in between squirtles speedy nature vs charizard heavyweight hard hitting moves.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
Needs PT vids that don't suck. I don't mean to be offensive at all, but people playing are really bad, it's a free for all, or there are items around, or the stage is huge, and that all detracts from the information we can gather. =\

ngtm

Smash Cadet
i think ptrain is one of the most versatile, yet balanced characters. Only surpassed by olimar. Ptrain is officially my main after playing as him

Top Bottom