• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon -> Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
As a MYM'er, I thought I'd try a fun little experiment among you guys in the Pokemon Community.

Also, if this belongs in Pokemon Lab then it can be moved?

Obviously, you all are used to Smash Bros (why else would you be on SWF), and the inner workings of the Pokemon games. Have you ever thought of what it'd be like to combine the two?

Ever since 64 Pokemon has been deeply integrated into the Smash series, always having the biggest playable roster (next to Mario, surpassing him in brawl) as well as the Pokeball item which have spawned around 50 pokemon between the 3 titles. Along with this they have brought some of the coolest (Pikachu's Thunder) and most Wtf (Charizard whipping a rock out of hammer space and breaking it as an attack, instead of you know...using a fire or flying type move) things to the game, but even then this is only a sampling of everything the pokemon universe has to offer.

So, how would you add to this?​

Simply put, if you ever had an idea of how a move, ability, Pokeball Pokemon or whatever could work on a Pokemon if they ever appeared in Smash Bros, post it here! Just remember to say who the move is being used by, as Earthquake from Excadrill would probably be done differently than Earthquake from Rhyperior for example. If you have even more ideas for a Pokemon, you could even make a mock moveset and post it here and/or in MYM10 (when it comes out in a few weeks).

Ill start with some sample ideas I have come up with:

Moxie on Krookodile

Whenever Krookodile scores a KO on an enemy, the damage and knockback of his moves are increased by 1.25x, making a 10% move do 12.5% with 1 KO, and 16% with 2, and so on.

This could make for a very interesting momentum-based playstyle for the ground/dark gator, having him start off mediocre in terms of power and then just get better and better if he stays alive and keeps on the offensive, like a reverse lucario in some ways.

Uturn on Scizor

When Scizor is called back to Johto Trainer via Down B, he doesnt simply just go back to his pokeball, he performs a fast and powerful U-Turn to where his trainer is in the background, doing 12% damage and killing Mario around 140% with no DI.

An example of an unused move being translated to a trainer set.

Pursuit on Toxicroak

Toxicroak lunges forward with his Knuckle claw, similar to Wolf's Forward Smash, and does 8% damage and minimal knockback. However, if a foe attempts to get out of the way of him by dodging, Toxicroak will follow them in his pursuit and strike hard, hitting through the invulnerability and doing 16% damage and knocking the back with force similar to Mario's Forward Smash!

Here is a move re-imagined for Smash Bros. Seeing as with anything but another PT like character, or Zelda, there's no actual "switching", Toxicroak's pursuit instead has it's x2 damage effect when a foe tries to avoid Toxicroak by dodging the specific move.

What can you come up with?​

Ryos4

Smash Lord
The only problem is flying pokemon would be really OP, or really ******** on the ground. So there probably wouldnt be too many useable flying pokemon unless they are shaped in such a way that they could easily move across the ground like charizard or something.

As for pokemon i can possibly see working in this environment.

Gliscor
Poison Fang: A bite move that passes through shields like wario or something. With a nice poison effect. Or could simply be his pummel animation.
X-Scissor: Dashes forward a certain distance like fox's illusion. Possibly recovery move.
Could sit on its tail while idle and hop on it to move. Then in a dash it would move like any of the SSBB characters with wings. Only 1 aerial jump with a glide since he cant really fly. Weak vertical recovery and strong horizontal recovery and fairly heavy.

Heracross:
Megahorn: Recovery move charges for a second then lunges in the designated direction.
Fury Attack: 2 jabs into fury attack similar to Link's infinite jab of the older games.

But honestly if any fighting pokemon gets in. It should be hitmonchan. It could be like an exact copy of Knuckle Joe and it would be set.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I missed this thread, my bad.

As I said in the other thread, even if it is more Pokémon-focused, any Smash-oriented discussion should really go in SSB4 discussion, not the PC, and if you really want to discuss it here, keep it in the Social Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom