• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire announced for November

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
OH MY GOD.

RUBY WAS MY CHILDHOOD.

YESSSSSSSSSSS.

Choosing Torchic as my starter!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Since now it looks like the legendaries have some new mega evolutions (if not item-specific transformations).
Their forms aren't different. The patterned lining on their bodies just glow bright along with their eyes.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Apparently it has been confirmed Groudon and Kyogre have a form change...I think Kyogre is OP enough without a form change. Maybe the orbs will be holdable items that let them change forms...or there is some other method. I don't think mega evolution because their changes aren't that much different.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Apparently it has been confirmed Groudon and Kyogre have a form change...I think Kyogre is OP enough without a form change. Maybe the orbs will be holdable items that let them change forms...or there is some other method. I don't think mega evolution because their changes aren't that much different.
Source?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Serebii.net. "The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes"

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Forget Kyogre, Omega Ruby is where it's at for me! It's still gonna be hard for me to choose between Torchic or Treecko. I don't pay Mudkip any mind. Swampert's 4x weakness to grass is unforgivable.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Forget Kyogre, Omega Ruby is where it's at for me! It's still gonna be hard for me to choose between Torchic or Treecko. I don't pay Mudkip any mind. Swampert's 4x weakness to grass is unforgivable.
Sap sipper mega swampert?

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
im gonna wait the year and get the emerald remake (thats if they follow the same time). if emerald releases like a month later, ima be real happy.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
im gonna wait the year and get the emerald remake (thats if they follow the same time). if emerald releases like a month later, ima be real happy.
They won't do that, there was no crystal remake and even then it would release sometime next year

Strawhat Jiggs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Evolzar89
If he gets heavier, then he'll be much more susceptible to Grass Knot and that doesn't bode well for Swampert given he's heavy enough. :p
._________. you realize that if he had sap sipper then he would be amune to grass type moves so grass not wouldn't mater?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Swampert is still the best one out of them pre gen 5. Now he's 2nd best, but I still love my Sceptile.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
"Happy, Happy, Happy"
Wild Si confirmed for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I feel :bee:,:upsidedown:,:smash:, so very happy.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
._________. you realize that if he had sap sipper then he would be amune to grass type moves so grass not wouldn't mater?
Somehow, I don't see them giving Mega Swampert Sap Sipper since Grass type is his only exploitable Type weakness. I mean, sure Eelektross has no exploitable type weakness, but strategy says that taking it down all lies in his slow speed and lack of any resistances. Give Mega Swampert Sap Sipper and he's guaranteed to take Uber status where it would take tremendous effort to take down due to his tank build and having more than a few resistances. More likely is that he'll be left with Damp to prevent Self-killing moves while in Mega form.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I saw this when I woke up this morning... Omega Ruby is now my second most anticipated game of the year.

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
Looks like the 3DS is becoming Nintendo's only hope more and more (if it isn't already).

I really hope that the Wii U gets some new life once Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 are released. I still believe Nintendo's biggest mistake with the Wii U besides the name was releasing without major flagship titles such as a new Mario (NSMB Wii U doesn't count) or Zelda game; hopefully that will be remedied soon.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Somehow, I don't see them giving Mega Swampert Sap Sipper since Grass type is his only exploitable Type weakness. I mean, sure Eelektross has no exploitable type weakness, but strategy says that taking it down all lies in his slow speed and lack of any resistances. Give Mega Swampert Sap Sipper and he's guaranteed to take Uber status where it would take tremendous effort to take down due to his tank build and having more than a few resistances. More likely is that he'll be left with Damp to prevent Self-killing moves while in Mega form.
Blaziken got Speed Boost, TWICE! Nuff said.

racoonnova

Smash Rookie
Ah, My favorite generation. Any thoughts on an Emerald remake as well? I know they didn't remake Yellow or Crystal, but I feel like emerald has a better chance somehow. Maybe because in emerald you acted as a mediator to the gang war rather than taking a side.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
That's not what he meant. Yellow and Crystal are fundamentally different to their respective twin brothers in their plot and Pokemon selection; for example, in Yellow you start out with Pikachu. He wants remakes of Yellow and Crystal specifically, not of their generations.
While that's true for Yellow which hasn't had a remake, HGSS brought back major elements of Crystal such as the Eusine/Suicune side story and the Battle Tower. They had even brought back Yellow's feeling checker as an added bonus. So, I would expect OR/AS (wow, weird acronym) to bring in elements of Emerald... aka best pokemon game :p

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Blaziken got Speed Boost, TWICE! Nuff said.
Yes, but Speed Boost has its limitations like resetting the speed stat when Blaziken gets switched out and back in so it doesn't make Mega Blaziken always outspeed the competition. Plus, Blaziken already had Speed Boost to begin with as his Dream Ability as with Damp for Swampert. With Sap Sipper Mega Swampert, he's still always going to be immune to Grass and water types so he's always going to be ready to stop any Super Effective moves. Mega Swampert would be unbalanced with that ability plus the boosted stats that come with Mega Evolution.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I hope this game has 2D roaming with 3D battles - that is what I have been dreaming of. The 3D world/roaming wasn't that great. Imagine, a 2D world with some 3D features can add more detail!

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Yes, but Speed Boost has its limitations like resetting the speed stat when Blaziken gets switched out and back in so it doesn't make Mega Blaziken always outspeed the competition. Plus, Blaziken already had Speed Boost to begin with as his Dream Ability as with Damp for Swampert. With Sap Sipper Mega Swampert, he's still always going to be immune to Grass and water types so he's always going to be ready to stop any Super Effective moves. Mega Swampert would be unbalanced with that ability plus the boosted stats that come with Mega Evolution.
I said twice and there was confusion, why? Anyway, Mega Swampert shall be no more unbalanced than Mega Mawhile, Mega Medicham, and Mega Kangaskhan.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I said twice and there was confusion, why? Anyway, Mega Swampert shall be no more unbalanced than Mega Mawhile, Mega Medicham, and Mega Kangaskhan.
Yes, but they have clear weaknesses whereas a Sap Sipper Mega Swampert does not. Mega Mawile is strong on atk and def, but it still suffers from a low base HP, speed, and average sp def. Many fire types can take it down in one or two hits on Mega Mawile since a good lot of them have above average sp atk. Mega Medicham is strong to be sure, but again has clear weaknesses from three types, one of which is fairly common in the metagame, not a lot of resistances, and having low HP along with only have two stats above average from Speed and Atk. It's barely on par with base form Charizard who does have weaker defensive stats. Mega Kangaskhan, I understand that one from the buff of attacking twice in one turn with only half the power on the second part. Still, Mega Kangaskhan isn't that hard to deal with against bulky Rock, Steel, or Fighting Pokemon especially if it is either Paralyzed or burnt.

Sap Sipper Mega Swampert is a different story. He has an above average stat on HP and Atk already in base form, so I am certain that they will increase his defense to an above average stat in Mega. I'm all up for giving him a Mega, but not with that ability especially since that can also increase his Atk Power to stupid levels in addition to his bulky self.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Mega Kangaskhan is on another level compared to the rest of the Megas and most have Power-Up Punch+Sucker Punch on their set, so dealing with Rock/Steel is no biggy while for Fighting, it has Return.

Anyway, Swampert's lack of recovery, lowers its tanking abilities, it's extremely susceptible to all types of hazards, so tanking is further nullified, below/slow speed, average SpD for a supposed tank. Look, if Blaziken gets Speed Boost TWICE, why not give Swampert some love with Sap Sipper (it truly was not my first ability of choice for it, but whatever).

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Mega Kangaskhan is on another level compared to the rest of the Megas and most have Power-Up Punch+Sucker Punch on their set, so dealing with Rock/Steel is no biggy while for Fighting, it has Return.

Anyway, Swampert's lack of recovery, lowers its tanking abilities, it's extremely susceptible to all types of hazards, so tanking is further nullified, below/slow speed, average SpD for a supposed tank. Look, if Blaziken gets Speed Boost TWICE, why not give Swampert some love with Sap Sipper (it truly was not my first ability of choice for it, but whatever).
If Swampert were to get to get a ME, I'd be okay with Sap Sipper of Swampert got a type change to pure water, or it's ME took up an offesive role while sacrificing a some of its defense. Mega Swampert could be a Bulky Sweeper.

Top Bottom