• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
This is a thread made for when you need help. Want to know how your double-team would do? Ask it here. Need info on IVs? No need to make a new thread, ask it here.

Rules:

-BOLD all questions
-BOLD all answers
-SEARCH before posting- see if your question has already beeen asked.
-Please, DON'T REPLY if you have nothing to say

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Why does everything need to be bolded, and furthermore, why does this thread exist?

Seriously, everything is gonna end up being bolded if you have all questions and all answers be bolded. It's the bulk of the thread. This would be more accurately termed as an "ask a simple question, get a simple answer" type of thread. Nothing that can get very detailed should be here. That means keep RMTs out. There's a reason that there's a new thread button. You see that this place is getting somewhat active, and all of a sudden you decide to counteract that you need to make a thread that sticks everything in one place. Things haven't been so hectic here that doing that is necessary. With the amount of activity this place has right now... it would probably kill the forum.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
It worked in the Proom. The 'Questions/Answers' thread helped reduce the amount of spam in there (by little), and I want to see if it will work for the PC.

People can still make team threads, etc. I'm just getting annoyed with all of the 'how do u get the national dex???/' threads. And a certain new mod isn't exactly doing his job....

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
What "how do you get the national dex?" threads? I really haven't noticed many of those kinds of threads, but it does sound like the kind of thread that fits "ask a simple question, get a simple answer," which I think would be a more accurate title for this thread.

Also, you didn't answer why both answers and questions should be bolded. They comprise the bulk of the thread, so it seems like it would make things more annoying to read.

phish-it

Smash Champion
How about Bolding all questions and Italicizing all answers.

Here let me start one:

How exactly does the move gyro ball work?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
from my understanding, the faster the opponent/slower your guy, the more damage it does. Items like lagging tail and full incence might help, too, not sure about that

phish-it

Smash Champion
Hmm, so it has nothing to do with the pokemon's atk/ sp atk stat? So your saying if a level 1 shuckle uses gyro ball on a level 100 Ninjask it'll kill it in one hit?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Screw doing anything to the answers.

WT basically covered it, but there's one thing he didn't mention. It maxes out at 150 power. And anything that decreases your speed or increases your foe's speed helps. That's been proven already. And to be more specific with how it increases, the difference is not what matters here, but rather the percent of difference.

edit: phish-it, the damage it does is still based off of your atk stat and your opponent's def, but the percent difference of speed between the two pokemon is what determines the move's base power.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
There's no real reason for this thread as it kills activity. I was already hesitant to combine trades into a single thread. If someone wants to ask a simple question they should just use the D/P topic.

edit: If you have any questions or concerns about my moderating tell me. I do everything with a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom