• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Evoulution?

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
First of all, I searched for a thread like this and couldn't find any. If there has already been one close this one please.

So should there be Pokemon Evolution in Brawl?
It could be the New Zelda/Sheik since it seems like Samus/ZSuit are 2 different Characters.
Though I'm not a fan of Pokemon I thought this could be a good idea to get an extra pokemon in there. The evolution would change speed, moveset, falling speed etc.

Well I want to know what you guys think so discuss!

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
MAN!

I believe that if samus can lose her suite through "certain circumstances" I think pokemon should be able to evolve through "certain circumstances" also

For example.. I've been thinking that Samus might lose her suite from retaining damage lets say over 75% ??

Perhaps after retaining enough damage Pikachu could evolve into Raichu or Jigglypuff into Wigglytuff.

Or maybe they could just include said items like the thunderstone for a pokemon to pick up to evolve.

I dont think pokemon should have the ability to just EVOLVE with a down B move like zelda/shiek... neither that of samus to zero suite samus. But no body thinks about the prospect of pokemon evolution anymore kid.. It's just too FARFETCH'D LOL.. >.>

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That doesn't make any sense. Parasect sucks in the first place, and more importantly, programming a bunch of Pokemon evolutions in the game would be a big waste of time. It would be exactly like wasting actual programming time to add clones to the game. It's dumb. Clones should be added at the end of development when there's no time left to do anything else, not during the actual development process when there's still time to make new characters.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
. But no body thinks about the prospect of pokemon evolution anymore kid.. It's just too FARFETCH'D (First of all, wow...AMAZING) second of all...i think its a cool idea, but i like the down b method..but make it to where the evolved form has certain disadvantages against characters (being chaingrabbed, or juggled) so that people dont always "evolve" and forget about the original characters

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
It would really just be eye candy...

or just to have the same character except trading small amounts of speed for power as it evolves further.

It would really be one of the last things on Sakurai's mind to put in though.. It would be kind of cool you MUST admit.. like lets say you reach a certain percentage of damage.. then you press a combination of buttons which makes the pokemon evolve.

Same moves, just different stats ;) But of course you cant evolve backward : \ You have to stay like that till the end of the match.. which would provide advantages and disadvantages depending on where you evolve in the match.

I think it'd be pretty Tentacool ^_^;

that would keep people like mxfox happy :\ not having your pokemon evolve if you dont want it to OMGNOWAI! JUST LIEK IN TEH GAME XD XD XD

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
My point isn't just that I don't want evolutions, but rather that I'd like them to not WASTE their time very precious development time on such a useless endeavor, when there are plenty of real characters that should be in the game before ANY evolution of any Pokemon they're planning to include in the game, end of story.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
i both agree and disagree with McFox. it could just be a visual change with a slight tweak in power rather than a different moveset which would not take up too much space, but he is right that for now, it is too cumbersome to be finished this year like Sakurai promised. plus, it may be unfair to others unless the change took up damage or something. so i think that when/if the next super smash bros game comes, they could do that,but it would take more thought than we are putting in.

Top Bottom