• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon DLC Ideas! Newly Added: Updated Polls! Come vote for who you want the next Pokemon to be!

Which Pokemon do YOU want in Smash?

• Total voters

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
~I am NOT taking requests for new Pokemon, only moveset changes. We already have 10-20.~
Let's Support Some New Pokemon DLC!
But Triforce! We already have Mewtwo! And what about the other five Pokemon, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Pikachu? Don't we have enought Pokemon? Now, in response to this, I'll take the easy way out: Maybe. While yes, we already have six Pokemon, there are so many more that could make wonderful additions to the Smash roster, be it the fan-favorite Sceptile, the fire mage Delphox, the bird warrior Hawlucha, the ribbon dog(thing? I'm not sure what she is.)Sylveon, or maybe some more obscure in terms of fanbase support, like the Aura child Riolu, doom herald Absol, or the psychic swordsman Gallade(He's no ordinary swordsman!) I am here, with this thread you're reading right now, to garner up a bit of support for a new Pokemon character. they may not have the massive fanbases of King K. Rool, Wolf, Bandana Dee, Krystal, Ridley, Midna, or anyone else with a massive fanbase, this is the reason I'm here. I want to(try) to change that. I may not succeed, but with your help, I am that much closer to spreading the word. So, by all means, sit down, get out your pen and paper, 3DS, and a bucket of popcorn, becuase here's the Pokemon that I think would make great Smash roster additions! Also, I'm updating this thread daily with new information and visual changes, so if you want a 'Mon in that I didn't already say, feel free to let me know. Any Pokemon that isn't some dumb one(Exeggutor for Smash, anyone?), I'm more than happy to let my imagination go to work on it.

Sceptile, Blade of Grass
Up and leading the charge for new Pokemon is Sceptile, and it's easy to see why. He's always been one of the more popular starters, what with his dragonish appearance(His Mega Evolution actually is Dragon-type), and his overall superiority to the other grass starters(Move over, Meganium). At first glance, Sceptile looks like your average Smash Pokemon character, after all, he is bipedal, like Mewtwo and Lucario, has a humanoid shape(Unlike Charizard, who's also bipedal), however, he doesn't have a movie based on him. Needless to say, that doesn't hurt him at all. In fact, I'm surprised to see him over Zoroark, who had his own movie as well. Sceptile could easily be a great fit into the roster, weilding a power set of Grass attack, like Leaf Blade, Grass Knot, Energy Ball, or Seed Bomb, combined with not-so-grassy attack, like Dual Chop as a smash attack, Fury Cutter, Night Slash, and Thunderpunch. All of those combined with the fact that his Final Smash is already lined up for him, Mega Sceptile, and you have a Pokemon that Nintendo would be dumb NOT to put into Smash 4.

Weavile, Freezing Darkness Incarnate
At first glance, Weavile seems like an odd fit for Smash. She's a weird typing(Dark/Ice), has a weirder appearance(Personal opinion), and just overall seems like a misfit. Well, if you're thinking that, you're wrong. Weavile is arguably the best contender here for Smash becuase she does not share a type with any current/past Pokemon. By this argument, with Jigglypuff being a Fairy-type(ruling out Sylveon and Gardevoir), Ivysaur being a Grass-type(ruling out Sceptile and Shaymin) Mewtwo being Psychic-type(Ruling out Delphox, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Victini), Lucario being Fighting-type(Ruling out Riolu and Gallade), Charizard being a Fire-type(Ruling out Delphox and Victini, both again), Jigglypuff also being Normal-type(Ruling out Meowth), Weavile is the only newcomer here that Nintendo can't use that argument against. So, not only does she conform with the preliminary requirements, but she also can fill an essential niche in the Smash world: an Ice fighter. Outside of Lucas's PK Freeze, and GnW's 8, we have no ice moves. This is where the Ice-and-Dark type Weavile comes in. With an arsenal of icy moves at her disposal, like Icy Wind, Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Avalanche, and Icicle Crash, she can easily be a huge threat to opponents by encasing them in ice to damage them. Here are my ideas for her specials: Ice Shard is standard special, resembling Rosalina's Star Bits, but longer timewise and longer rangewise. For a side special, Ice Punch is a pretty straightofrward move, freezing the opponent if sweetspotted. As for an up special, Icy Wind sees Weavile ascending upward surrounded by a torrent of ice-cold winds. Almost exactly like Link's Hero's Spin, but weaker and freezes opponents. And as for her down special, I thought of Punishment, which is a counter that quite literally Punishes the opponent for attacking. As for her Final Smash, my idea is Blizzard, resembling a 30-degree icy Mario Finale that pushes foes offscreen and damages them. it can also be aimed for maximum hurt. So, as seen here, Weavile would make a great addition to the lineup with her icy tactics.

Delphox, Flamecaller of Kalos
I'm a proud supporter of Delphox being in Smash 4, as she has a lot to offer. We don't have a fire mage in Smash(Sorry Robin mains, Arcfire doesn't count), and Delphox could be a real powerhouse if she would be made correctly. 2-3 second burn damage after all her smash attacks, giving her self Superspicy Curry effects, and having epic psychic power gimps. A real shoutout to Delzethin here for putting the idea of Delphox back into my head, but (says in Chrom voice)we're not done yet! Delphox could have loads of amazing tools, a reflecter(Light Screen) a Crash Bomber-esque Future Sight that focuses a powerful attack on one area, psychic grabs and pummels, and loads of other cool techniques. Delphox could bring a lot to the Smash roster, that's for certain.
Click on the link for more information regarding Delphox:
http://smashboards.com/threads/flamecaller-of-kalos-delphox-for-dlc-moveset-now-included.397023/

Pichu, Pint-Sized Pokemon
Pichu was a veteran, hailing from competitive god Melee, and I see no reason why this pint-sized wonder can't be stuck back into Smash with a harshly decloned moveset that's barely reminiscent of Pikachu's. He has a huge fanbase, he is a veteran, and to top it all off, is easy for Nintendo to put him back in, as they already have him programmed into Melee. As for moveset changes, I need some new ideas, but here's what I got. Standard special: Shock Wave: Shoot out a small electric wave that chases after the opponent, much like Samus's Homing Missile, but does less damage(5-8%), and paralyzes the opponent. Side special: Fake Out: Pichu shoots forward very quickly, nearly invisible, striking hard on whoever is at the end of his dash. The attack at the end does 12-15% and can stun the opponent. Up special: Volt Switch: Disappear into a ball of electricity, then shoot upward. The direction of the movement can be controlled by directional inputs. Does minimal damge(2-3%) to whoever it hits. Down special: Wild Charge: Absorb electricity from the surrounding air, then release the button or wait until a certain abount of time has passed to shoot yourself forward like a rocket. Does huge damage upon contact(14-26%), and has huge kill potential, and landing the attack doesn't do anything to Pichu, but if the opponent is shielding when hit, Pichu takes recoil(7-13%), and is launched back, sometimes even KOing himself. All that's left is to think up a Final Smash, but I'll leave that to you guys. Let's get Pichu back in Smash!

Gardevoir and Gallade, Psychic Queen and King
Originally, I thought that Gallade would make a much better Smash character than Gardevoir, what with his sword-wielding awesomeness. However, after giving it some thought, I have decided that Gardevoir deserves just as much, if not more than Gallade, a spot in the roster. My original plan was to have them as two separate characters, but then the thought hit me: If they're so similar, why not just make them palette swaps with a couple changed moves? After all, they do come from the same evolutionary chain, and it's obvious the similarities to them. However, there would be differences. First off, all of Gallade's smash attacks would be based off the attack Psycho Cut, and all of Gardevoir's based off of the move Psyshock. Gallade would likely have sword-based specials, like Slash, Night Slash, or Leaf Blade, and Gardevoir would have more psychic-power-based specials, like Psychic, Moonblast, Magical Leaf, or Mean Look. However, both would have he same air moves and neutrals, involving jabs with the arm, and very similar grabs, pummels, throws, physics, jumps, weight, and height. They also both have Final Smashes in the form of Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gallade, respectively. In my opinion, these two would being another telekinetic fighter to the roster, and while we already have one, Mewtwo, there is no reason why Gardevoir and Gallade can't be in Smash as Gallade as a palette swap for Gardevoir except for the whole "No more than one of each type" Argument. And to counter that, Pichu is the same type as Pikachu. Your argument is invalid, Nintendo, put them in.

:ivysaur:Ivysaur, The Forest's Veteran :002:
I have gotten a lot of requests to put Ivysaur on this thread, and I personally support her(I refer to most Pokemon as female.). She was, after all, in Brawl, as one of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon. She is, however, my first returning veteran, as all of the others are newcomers. That being said, I still have a lot of things to say about our Ivy-inspired friend. First off, as inspired by a user by the name of Putuk, I've decided that there should be a few changes to Ivysaur. Firstly, I'm remapping Bullet Seed to Ivysaur's Down+B, and giving her an all-new Neutral+B, Power Whip. Power whip is a charge-up move that can be executed at any time, and when it does, Ivysaur lashes out in front with a flurry of powerful whips with its vines. 18-26% damage. As for a new Up Special, Seed Bomb, sees Ivysaur planting a seed bomb under herself and blasting her high into the sky. When used on the ground, it sets the bomb down, then can be detonated at any time as long as Ivysaur is within range to shoot out a vine to hit it. A good trapping/zoning move, as it does high damage, but it easily avoidable. As for a new Final Smash, I have Leaf Storm as her Final Smash. When Ivysaur uses it, she leaps to the center of the stage and blasts out dozens of leaves in all directions. The leaves do 6-8 damage each and can carry the foe offscreen and disrupt recoveries while still leaving the foe in helpless state. The leave also carry foes off the respawn platform(Think Fox or Falco's Landmaster). Needless to say, I think Ivysaur is a wonderful candidate to return to Smash.

Riolu, Lucario's Child
I'm sure it has been joked about before, Riolu as a Lucario clone, but if he's made right(right as in my ideas, everyone else's opinions are WRONG :3 JK), Riolu could be so much more than a Lucario clone. First off, why Riolu? First of all, given that Smash is a FIGHTING game, there is only one FIGHTING-type Pokemon, Lucario(He's Fighting/Steel). However, if Riolu was to be in Smash, he wouldn't just be a Pichu to Lucario's Pikachu, not at all. My idea for Riolu is to give him a property called Gravitational Aura. The way GA works is whenever Riolu uses one of his moves, his Gravitational Aura pulls the opponent inward before striking. It may sound broken-ish, but in order for Riolu's GA to grow, he has to use moves that cause it to grow. So, long story short, Riolu could be put into Smash and be so much more than a Lucario clone, if he's done right.
Click on the link for more information regarding Riolu:
http://smashboards.com/threads/how-would-riolu-look-in-smash-4-as-dlc.409401/

Sylveon, The Ribbon Dancer
I feel that having Sylveon, one of the many evolutions of Eevee, in Smash, to be a good idea overall. But firstly, why Sylveon over the other Eeveelutions? Knowing this is key as to why Sylveon and not Jolteon, Glaceon, or Umbreon. The first reason is that Sylveon is alone in her region, and does not have a countrpart, i.e. Umbreon to Espeon or Glaceon to Leafeon. This alone makes her much more viable, eliminating the "but what bout the other Eeveelution for that generation" argument, because, well... there are none. Also, Sylveon is the only one not associated with an element, she's not associated with fire, water, electricity, darkness, light, plants, or ice, she's associated with... ribbons. A much better fit for Smash, in my never-to-be-humble opinion. Also, we don't have a fighter anywhere close to Sylveon's potential, with using her ribbons for her grabs and a tether recovery(We don't have a tether-recovery 'Mon yet), and Sylveon doesn't have to have a stale moveset. Nintendo can get really creative using her ribbons and fairy moves(Draning Kiss for Side+B, anyone?) to make her a really unique character.

Suicune, The Water Wolf
There are many reasons why I see Suicune being a perfect fit for the Smash lineup. First off, it's been confirmed for Pokken Tournament, thus making Suicune already a fighting-game character, upping her somewhat negligible chances. Combine that with no easy to spot Final Smash(Aurora Beam? I don't know.), being a seriously weird character, a large quadripedal, no Smash backing or prior support, the fact that its typing is shared by Squirtle, a previous Smash character, she has no media publicity, and slap on the fact that we already have a Generation II Pokemon, and you are presented with some serious hurdles for the water wolf to overcover. However, in response to this, I present to you Suicune. I'm not going to let these minor hurdles prevent me from making a case for it, and here you have its preliminary moveset. These aren't set in stone, but these are merely my ideas. Standard special: Water Pulse: Charge up a pulse of aquatic energy that surges forward when you release the button or after a set amount of time has passed. A successful hit will stun an enemy. Side special: Bubblebeam: Shoot out a continuous burst of bubbles that travel half the length of of Final Destination. Similar to Bowser or Charizard's fire. Up Special: Tailwind: A gust of wind carries you upward into the air, blowing away enemies and traveling a long way, making it an effective recovery disruption. The direction of travel can be changed by directional inputs. Down special: Mirror Coat: Flip out a mirror that travels over your body in an arc, reflecting projectiles and damaging nearby enemies. As you can see, Suicune has huge potential, but only if she can overcome the hurdles in front of her.

Victini, Star of Victory
Victini would be a perfect fit for the already diverse Smash roster. Despite sharing her typing with the overshadowing Delphox, this is the same argument I made back when Cobalion was up here: Typing has no effect on similarities. After all, how many similarities can you draw between Lucario and Cobalion? But, back to Victini. Smash has nothing like Victini. While I don't intend for our little Victini to have any projectiles, or a good recovery, a smackdown set of combos and ridiculous kill potential, as well as self-buffs, all make Victini a serious threat. Her standard special, her signature move, V-Create, her side special, Zen Headbutt, her up special, Overheat, and her down special, Reversal, all make for varied and unique moves, most noticeably Reversal, showcasing a focused double hand slap that increases in power the more damage you've taken(Akin to Lucario's Aura, but for one move). All in all, I think Victini would definitely be a unique addition to the roster, as we haven't has a new small Pokemon since Squirtle in Brawl.

Meowth, The Scratch Cat
Meowth is another popular Pokemon that, in terms of representation, should have been in Smash as far back as Melee. he's Pikachu's slightly more evil counterpart, he's been in almost every anime episode, has appeared in loads of Pokemon movies, and for God's sake, he can TALK! Meowth has the fanbase to get into Smash, but now, we need to analyze what Meowth can bring to the roster. We don't have a cat character yet(at least not until Nintendo OK's the catlike assistants from MH4U :D), and it's easy to see what Meowth would look like in Smash. A fast, light character that has many repeated, hit attacks that don't do much damage. That being said, let's take a look at what Meowth's moves might look like. For his standard special, I'm looking at his Pokeball move and signature move. Pay Day. It would look just like his Pokeball move but with less range and power. As for his side special, I'm thinking Assurance, which can deal additional damage to shielding opponents. For a recovery, possibly Fake Out, with a similar look to Pikachu's Quick Attack, and for a down special, I'm thinking Feint, which sees Meowth shooting forward at a barely visible speed to strike an opponent before returning to the spot where he started at. All in all, while I'm not sure what Final Smash he may have, it's easy to see why the adorable-yet-badass Meowth would make a great addition to the Smash roster.

Gengar, From The Shadows
Ghost and Poison... where have we seen that before? Oh, that's right. We haven't! Gengar's an original! This alone vastly improves his chances, as well as the fact that he has a prefect Final Smash, and is a unique and quirky character, exactly fits the bill for what they're looking for for a new character. Gengar is a perfect fit for Smash, and we all know why. The only thing Gengar is lacking is a fanbase, and that's where all of you come in, and why I'm here. We need to drum up a little support for Gengar, and I'm going to need your help. One of my supporters, Bobert77, has provided me with a moveset for Gengar. It's on the second page, if you want to check it out. I know Gengar may have a somewhat short information paragraph, but either way, the message is the same: let's get Gengar into Smash!

Shaymin, Being of Verdance
Despite sharing her typing with veteran Ivysaur and fan-favorite Sceptile, Shaymin has a unique playstyle to call her own. She may not have a huge fanbase(Or even one at all), but it's easy to see why this pint-sized Grass Pokemon could be a fighting force of nature. She has a huge list of plant-inspired moves to draw from, like Magical Leaf, Energy Ball, Seed Bomb, Giga Drain, and Grass Knot. These can all be worked into creative specials, as well as a few other moves, so, here's my opinion on her specials: standard special: Energy Ball: Your de facto charge-up energy projectile. Side special: Grass Knot: Functions similarly to Mewtwo's Confusion, but does more damage and stuns the enmy longer but can't reflect projectiles. Up special: Magical Leaf: Shoots out leaves from under you to propel you into the air. Now, here's where it gets interesting, awesome, and laggy at the same time: Down special: Gracidea: Transform into Sky Forme Shaymin, which changes your specials and other moves, or if already as Sky Forme Shaymin, change back to land Forme Shaymin. Here are my ideas for Sky Forme Shaymin's specials: tandard special: Air Slash: Charge up a blade of air that slices in front of you after a set time or when you release the button. Side special: Magical Leaf: Shoot out a volley of three close-moving leaves that shoot at the target's current location when the move is used quite quickly. No kill potential, but each leaf can rack up 7-9 damage, for 21-27 total. Up Special: Last Resort: Unleash a full-power attack in front. The longer you don't use it, the stronger it becomes. She doesn't have a recovery because, as Sky Forme Shaymin, she has four jumps. Also, her Final Smash is Seed Flare(Of course), which sees her detonate massive bombs all over the battlefield and healing Shaymin by the damage inflicted to an enemy each time they hit. So, as shown, I hope I have been able to garner a bit of support for out huggable grass mouse, and ask you to spread the word: Shaymin for Smash!

Blaziken, The Fire Bird
I see many reasons why Blaziken would be a great addition to Smash. First off, he's the most popular Gen III starter(in canon, not in terms of DLC ballot, though he is among the top 50), we also need a Gen III rep, and if it's not Sceptile, it needs to be him. Gen III is the current generation out right now with the November release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and for a gen that has no representation in Smash whatsoever, not even a song soundtrack, playable character, or stage, that's honestly pitiful. We've had a Pokemon from EVERY other generation except for Gen V, but at least Gen V has the Unova Pokemon League stage in the 3DS version,a s well as N's Castle Medley, a song appearing in the stage. Sadly, I see no Gen V characters appearing in Smash, ever, except for some light I'll be shedding on Meinshao. But, back to Blaziken. I'm basing many of his jabs, aerials and physics off Captain Falcon, the similarities are obvious. if anything, he would be Smash's worst example of a semi-clone(And for those of you who think Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo, HE IS NOT!). Blaziken would have a moveset all his own, as I will highlight over the next few sentences. Standard special: Fire Punch: A straightforward punch from a flaming fist. Not every DLC move has to have a complicated effect, right? Side special: Brave Bird: A powerful lunge forward to grab the foe, then explode off of them. Deals high damage, but does recoil damage to Blaziken too. Up Special: Sky Uppercut: The obvious choice for his recovery move, it sees Blaziken ascending up into the air with a powerful rising punch. Not the best at recovering, but puts some serious hurt on any opponent he hits. Down Special: Counter: Yes, this is a Pokemon move, not Marth's, Roy's, Ike's, or Lucina's Counter move. It's pretty much a carbon copy of Roy's Counter, but with increased power and decreased counter window. Combine all the reasons I have listed with his obvious Final Smash, Mega Blaziken, and you have the perfect package for us to waste four dollars of college money on.

Hoopa, Dimensional Devil
No, not a hula hoop. Hoopa is an actual Pokemon, albeit one that... isn't... actually... out... yet. For those of you who don't know it, let me explain the least-known 'Mon on this list. Hoopa is a Mythical(Event-only) Psychic-Ghost(or, it's alternate form, Unbound Hoopa, is Psychic/Dark),-type, it's No. 720 on the National Pokedex, and native to Kalos. Probably the only reason Hoopa is on this list is becuase it has a movie. Other than that, it has literally ZERO support, a negligible-to-nothing chance, and absolutely nothing going for it in terms of Smash appearance. it may be next to hopeless, but hey, this thread isn't about getting a specific character in, it's about showing many choices for one spot, right? That being said, about Hoopa, I have definitive moveset for her. Since it isn't in the ORAS Pokedex, I had to head over to my reliable resource Serebii(www.serebii.net) to think up a moveset for it. So, here it is. Standard special: Psychic: A telekinetic field appears around Hoopa, causing repeated to any enemies caught in it, then throwing them out. very low kill potential, but does repeated damage(9-17%). Side special: Hyperspace Hole: Turn invisible for a moment then reappear a short distance in front of you. Hold down the button during the move to strike upon reappearing, doing extra damage to any shields you hit. Reminiscent of meta Knight's Dimensional Cape, but no vertical movement. Up special: Phantom Force: Disappear into a black hole and teleport to a location chosed by directional inputs, and strike powerfully on reappearing. No attack on the initial teleport, though, only the end of it. Down special: Skill Swap: Take up a defensive stance, and if you are hit while in it, any damage you would have taken is split one-third/two-thirds betweeen you and your target(For example, say a Falcon Punch does 27 damage, Hoopa would take 9 and C. Falcon would take 18), as well as paralyzing the opponent for easy follow-ups. Also, its Final Smash would be Prison Bottle, where it turns into Hoopa Unbound and unleashes Hyperspace Fury. So, there are many kinks to iron out, but still, Hoopan would make an odd yet interesting addition to the roster.

Latios/Latias, Dragons Of Eon
Impressive title, thank you, thank you very much. Lots of color-swapping involved, and that dumb comment from yours truly is what is leading me into the next 'Mon on my already GIANT list, thanks to my supporters, Latios/Latias. The way these two work is that they're palette swaps, with slight variations. For example, there are slight differences in the moves, and unlike the other Pokemon on this list, I'm actually going to be doing a full-blown moveset for these two, decked out like Erureido's Gallade moveset on the third page. Shoutouts to you, way to go, man! Now, as for why the Eon duo would be good fots for Smash: They're Dragon-type, not represented before, and while their other type, Psychic, has, they still have potential, and I'd say more than most on this list. They're very popular legendaries, would fill the role of a Gen III rep, and have loads of potential, which I will be highlighting Here! And! Now!!!

Entrance Animation(Latios): Latios emerges from a flash of light and extends his wing towards the opponent as a challenge.
Entrance Animation(Latias): Latias emerges from a pink flash of energy before twirling around in the air, her wings rising above her gracefully.

Idle Animation(Latios): He acts like his Gen VI animation, occasionally extending his arm outward and flicking the claws on his wing inward, as an act of provocation, much akin to Fox.
Idle Animation(Latias): She acts like her Gen VI animation, but occasionally hops around two or three times or looks around innocently or cunfusedly.

Helpless Animation(Latios): He tucks his wings in to his body as he falls.
Helpless Animation(Latias): She gets a terrified look on her face as she huddles as close together as she can.

Walking(Latios): He hovers along the ground as he moves. Walking speed is a little slower then Sonic.
Walking(Latias): She daintily hovers along the ground as she goes along her merry way. Walking speed is faster than Wii Fit Trainer.

Running(Latios): He speedily hovers along the ground with a determined look in his eyes. Running speed is a bit slower than Fox.
Running(Latias) She cautiously yet purposefully hovers along the ground, running a bit faster than Falco/Lucario.

Victory Poses(Latios)
Pose 1: He jabs out with both his wings, one before the other, and ends with a proud, smug look on his face.
Pose 2: He knocks a Pokeball flying at him aside as he finishes, slicing with one arm halfway across his face, like one of Ryu's victory poses.
Pose 3: Latios does his Mega Evolution pose, where he points both of his wings up at the sky, then brings them back down to hover and glare right at the camera.
Victory Poses(Latias)
Pose 1: She twirls around, like in her victory animation, and lets out a joyful "Harrworrah" sound, resembling her cry from the Pokemon games.
Pose 2: She does a slightly more feminine version of Latios's Pose 1, insted flicking out her wings before ending with a satisfied, spiteful look on her face as she looks away from the camera.
Pose 3: She performs her Mega Evolution animation, where she extends both of her wings skyward, grunts "Horraah!", then returns to her starting position, eyes fixed on the camera and a smug look on her face.

Losing Animation(Latios): He turns away from the camera and doesn't clap, but instead crosses his wings over his chest.
Losing Animation(Latias): She claps halfheartedly, occasionally stopping to wipe her eyes, as she's crying during this.

Taunts(Latios)
Taunt 1: He extends his wing outward and says "Lets do this!" In a Lucario-style voice.
Taunt 2: He puts both of his outstretched wings on either side of his body, and puffs out his chest, saying "My power exceeds yours!", again Lucario-style.
Taunt 3: He looks right at the camera, squatted with wings outstretched, then does a single spin. Not sure where I got the idea for this one.
Taunts(Latias)
Taunt 1: She twirls around gracefully, hopping on the ground as she does so. Has a very elegant look to it.
Taunt 2: A swirl of energy swirls around her in loops, and she looks at it and says "The Eon has found me.", an obvious reference to Lucario's "The Aura is with me" quote.
Taunt 3: She spins around quickly twice, and ends with her wings outstretched in front of her as a challange, and says "Show me what you've got!" In a very Robin-sounding voice.

Neutral A(Latios): He jabs with his left wing, then his right, then finishes with a powerful kick that sends the foe flying and can kill as early as 120% on some characters. The wing jabs do 3-4 damage, and the kick does 5.
Neutral A(Latias): She does gentle jabs with her wings that don't do much, then finished with a ultra-powerful, unexpected hard kick right where it hurts. Sends opponents flying and can kill at 85%. The wing jabs do 1-2 damage, and the kick does 9.

Forward Tilt(Latios): He jabs outward with his wing to do 5-8 damage. You can change the direction of it, like Falco's side tilt, and thus changing how you launch opponents at very high damage.
Forward Tilt(Latias): She jabs outward with her wing to do 4-6 damage. Not as powerful as Latios, but the move doesn't leave her open as long. Can't be aimed.

Forward Jab(Latios): He arcs his wing out in front of him as he's gliding to sweep opponents off their feet and launch them. Does 6-9 damage.
Forward Jab(Latias): Same as Latios. No change here.

Up Tilt(Latios): He jabs both of his wings upward to damage and launch opponents. Does 4-6 damage.
Up Tilt(Latias): She arcs her wing up over her head. Useful for grounding airborne opponents, does 6-8 damage. Can't launch except for at atrociously high percents(500-600%).

Down Tilt(Latios): He does a quick jab with his wings on the ground in front. The damage and effect of the move are identical to Falco's.
Down Tilt(Latias): She jabs out with one wing on each side, the attack goes much farther than Latios but doesn't do nearly as much damage(3-4).

Neutral Air(Latios): He spins around to batter an enemy twice, once with each wing. Each hit deals four damage.
Neutral Air(Latias) She twirls around to hit opponents three times, each hit dealing three damage. Has more ending lag than Latios.

Forward Air(Latios): He arcs one of his wings in front of him to deal 7-8 damage.
Forward Air(Latias): She does a more dainty version of Latias's Forward Air, dealing 5-6 damage, but no startup lag, and can be chained together.

Up Air(Latios): He jabs one of his wings above him. High kill potential. Does 8-11 damage.
Up Air(Latias): She gently jabs with both of her wings above her, doing 10-15 damage, but can't launch except at outrageously high percents.

Down Air(Latios): He powerfully thrusts one of his wings downward for a meteor smash. Does 7-9 damage.
Down Air(Latias): She mirrors Latios's Down Air, except it's much more ferocious, dealing 13-16 damage and having no startup/ending lag. One of Latias's best moves.

Back Air(Latios): He sweeps one of his wings out behind him to deal 6-9 damage.
Back Air(Latias): Exactly like Latios.

Forward Smash(Latios): Charges up a burst of telekinetic energy to slam in front of him. Does 19-27 damage.
Forward Smash(Latias): Same as Latios, but does 16-24 damage. Less animation, so it doesn't leave her as open.

Up Smash(Latios): Charges up a skyward jab with his wing. Almost exactly like Shulk's Up Smash. Deals 13-18 damage.
Up Smash(Latias): Same as Latios's, but less powerful, dealing 11-15 damage.

Down Smash(Latios): Charges up a downward strike on both sides, like Fox, Falco, or Lucario. Does 12-16 damage.
Down Smash(Latias): Charges up a sweeping attack that goes around the body, more like Dedede, Shulk, or Pikachu. Does 11-14 damage.

Standard Special(Latios): Luster Purge: Press the button to charge up a shining ball of light, then press again to shoot it. If you press the button again, while the ball is in the air, it explodes into shards of light that fly off in all directions. If an enemy hits the ball of light, they experience a 15-second drop in weight, attack power, and launch potential. If struck by the light shards, they experience a 10-second increase in fall speed and ending lag on moves.
Standard Special(Latias): Mist Ball: Hit the button to start charging a light ball of mist that gives Latias Super Armor while she is charging. Press the button again to fire it. If the button is pressed in midair, the ball bursts and misty wisps shoot out from where the ball exploded. If an enemy hits the ball, the experience the same effect as hitting Latios's Luster Purge, and if struck by the wisps, experience a 10-second drop in jump height, running/walking speed, and air attack power.

Side Special(Latios/Latias): Psycho Cut: Shoot out a burst of psychokinetic energy that travels via directional inputs at the beginning of the move, like Mii Fighter's Chakram. Does 8-11 damage.

Up Special(Latios/Latias): Zen Headbutt: Charge up a skyward charge with your head. The direction can be changed while charging, like Pit's Power of Flight.

Down Special(Latios): Reflect: Throws up a barrier that damages nearby opponents and flips them around if they're touching the barrier upon its use. Does 5-8 damage.
Down Special(Latias): Light Screen: Puts up a psychic barrier that reflects enemy projectiles and sends them back stronger, but doesn't hurt or flip enemies. It does, however, give a slight hindrance to their approach, like Palutena's Side Special.

So, as you can see, I've gone all out for Latios/Latias, and they definietly have my vote. I hope I have yours too!

Supporter List(Thanks!)
TriforceOfAura
Zero Soul
Delzethin
Erureido
Bobert77
TimidKitsune129
BandanaWaddleDee
Mewtwo
M.P.
SirCamp

Possible Future Pokemon To Be Added
Zoroark, Genesect

Upcoming Pokemon
Absol, Meinshao

A huge shoutout to administrator Xivii for updating the polls with all the new Pokemon! Your help is appreciated!

More new additions coming later tomorrow! Thanks or the support, keep checking in to see new stuff tomorrow!

So, what am I trying to say here? There are many Pokemon that would make great additions to the roster. There may even be some I haven't listed here that would be wonderful additions. So, if you would, take the time to spread the word and comment. I'll be adding movesets, taunts, a list of supporters, and maybe some new additions/ideas if enough people support a certain 'mon to be in Smash.

Thanks for reading,
TriforceOfAura

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Eh, Cobalion sounds like a stretch. He's good in his home series, but I can't imagine him being very Smash-like. All the four-legged characters we've had so far are usually agile and light, but Cobalion is so big and bulky that I think he'd look pretty weir don the field.

As for who I want as the next Pokemon, I'm hoping for Genesect. He got some publicity recently with the movie (which wasn't that great anyways), so that's a start. He's also a bipedal legendary, and he's about the same size as Lucario or Mewtwo, so he's got a good start. I think it'd be cool to see him as a playable character, but he's a Pokeball-mon right now, so I guess it's doubtful he'd be DLC.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I guess you're right. Cobalion is a far call. As for Genesect, he might be a good fit, but sadly, he doesn't have the publicity needed to get in. I'm considering, as for "agile and light", replacing Cobalion with Suicune. She is, after all, in Pokken Tournament.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't see why you would bring up contenders for Pokemon without even mentioning Sceptile who's pretty much leading all Pokemon with fan support...especially when you add Cobalion (the most forgotten member of the Swords of Justice) and Eevee (In game Summon, why not Zoroark?) as possible contenders...to each their own I guess...

My personal bias would add Weavile (muh Pokken Relevancy!1! :p) as he'd work well as a fast rush-down slasher with mastery over Ice type attacks (We don't really have any Ice themed fighters currently baring Lucas's B and GnW's 8)...and his Dark typing would provide some trickery as well, making him good for bait and punishes...and his convenient lack of a Poke-Ball summon works in his favour as well...
Nothing more than a pipe dream though, as Weavile (actually Sneasel) is my favourite pokemon so why wouldn't I want him? I'm quite content with him being in Pokken as now I'm very hyped for the game more than I was before (I was literally like, 'Eh, I don't care if there's no Weavile')

Out of your choices you have though my pick would be Delphox, Delzethin makes some stellar arguments for the Fox Mage and it seems like it's be an interesting fighter...

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Yeah, I guess you're right. Cobalion is a far call. As for Genesect, he might be a good fit, but sadly, he doesn't have the publicity needed to get in. I'm considering, as for "agile and light", replacing Cobalion with Suicune. She is, after all, in Pokken Tournament.
I agree, Suicune's a great idea, but sadly, its a Pokeball Pokemon as well. Hmm, what about Keldeo? It'd be the same idea as Cobalion, just more realistic to see it jumping around. Wait, never mindm it's a Pokeball guy, too. Man, they took all the cool Pokemon.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
This is basically a Pokémon series support thread right? If that's the case, you can count me as a supporter if you like.

Jirachi might just be my most wanted DLC character out of everyone, not even just the Pokémon. Not only would it finally give some just representation to Gen 3, it could also rep the Mythical Pokémon like Mew and Manaphy with a playable character, something we don't have yet. The little guy can do practically anything with the whole wish granting shebang, and has overall amazing moveset potential. Don't believe me? I happened to make a support thread for Jirachi, and it came to my attention that, out of just 5 supporters we already have 4 completely unique movesets, which I think is pretty phenomenal, especially for it's size. It shows that it's relatively easy to come up with a moveset for the guy, and that's definitely a good thing.
(I really ought to finish my own movesets for Jirachi)
Statistics
Height: :4pikachu:, but defaultly levitates slightly from the ground (doesn't limit hurtbox)
Weight: 80 (:4metaknight:)
Ground Speed: 1.15 (Equal to :4robinm::4robinf:)
Air Speed: 1.0 (:rosalina::4robinm::4robinf::4littlemac:)

Has :4ness:/:4lucas:/:4mewtwo: Floaty jumps

Basic Moves
Jab Combo:
Dash Attack: Spins in the air like drill (akin to :rosalina: Luma Shot)

Get-Up Attack: Cosmic spiral effect around Jirachi as it floats upright
Ledge Attack: Headbutts as it climbs back on stage.
U-Tilt: The three tags on Jirachi's head stretch upwards (hitbox like :4charizard:'s wings)
F-Tilt: swinging out arms & tassels (akin to :4palutena:'s forward smash)
D-Tilt: Headbutt (:4olimar:)

U-Smash: Charged up burst of cosmic power (:4lucas:)
F-Smash: "Iron head" charged head slam (:4dk:'s Side-B)
D-Smash: Slams down a roller ahead and then behind (:4ganondorf:'s kick)

U-Air: :4ness:'s headbutt
N-Air: Spins around, arms outstretched (:4kirby:/:4villager:)
F-Air: Claws at the air, arm having a stronger hitbox than the golden "tassel" that moves with the arm
B-Air: Flings head backwards (:4wario2:)
D-Air: Drills head downwards (:4wario2:)

Grabs
Grab & Pummel: Psychic grab (:4mewtwo:/:4robinm::4robinf:)
U-Throw:
F/B-Throw: Spins the target around Jirachi before being tossed forward/behind (horizontal version of :4mewtwo:'s)
D-Throw: Slams the opponent into the ground (Gravity)

Specials
Up B: Wish - A star appears under Jirachi that Jirachi can direct in an aerial flight (starting at a 45 degree, a more flexible version of :4villager: Lloid Rocket).

Neutral B: Moon Blast - Fires a sizable pale energy ball (a smaller version of :4wiifit: sun salutation with no charge time but doesn't heal), and has sizable end lag

Side B: Swift - :rosalina:'s Star bits

Down B: Light Screen - :4palutena:'s Reflect

Final Smash: Doom Desire - :lucario:'s aura storm final smash but with a massive laser beam released from Jirachi's third eye

Animations
Entrance:

Walk: Lazily floats forward, akin to Starfy's kind of bounce
Run: Hovering run (:4mewtwo::rosalina::4palutena:)
Crouch & Crawl: ...Basically :rosalina:'s

Taunts & Victory Animations TBA

Taunt 1:
Taunt 2:
Taunt 3:

Victory 1:
Victory 2:
Victory 3:

Defeat: Claps happily
Height: 2/5
Weight: 2/5
Jump: 4/5
Fall: 4/5
Power: 3/5
Defense: 3/5
Speed: 2/5

Specials
Neutral
Doom Desire: Default. Jirachi will open its third eye and flashes a light in front of it. Any enemy that is caught in the light will get a 10 second countdown above them. Once the 10 seconds are up, a burst of energy will appear in the character's hitbox one second later, damaging any character it hits. This burst of energy can be shielded or dodged.

Future Sight: Custom 1. Places a 5 second counter on enemies that release a weaker but quicker and larger burst of energy in the enemies' hitboxes.

Psyshock: Custom 2. Jirachi will open its third eye and launch an orb of psychic energy forward.

Side
Zen Headbutt: Default. Jirachi will dive forward, with an orb of psychic energy in front of it. After a certain amount of distance Jirachi will stop diving but the orb will continue in a straight forward path. This move can be charged to lengthen the amount of distance Jirachi will travel before stopping.

Iron Head: Custom 1. Jirachi will dive farther and do more damage then Zen Headbutt but charging it will not send it as far and will not have the orb.

Thunder Punch: Custom 2. Jirachi won't travel as far and will do less damage but will stun enemies it hits. No orb either.
Upward
Gravity: Default. Jirachi will launch upward while sending a psychic wave downward that pushes any character, projectile, and items in a downward trajectory (but doesn't damage them).

Telekinesis: Custom 1. Jirachi will travel upward slower and longer but will not release the psychic wave that pushed stuff downward.

Double-Edge: Custom 2. Jirachi will shoot upward faster and higher but will bounce off any enemy, item, or surface it touches.

Downward
Wish: Default. Jirachi will be enveloped in psychic energy and a 5 second timer will appear above its head. When the timer reaches 0, a burst of energy will appear where Jirachi is at after 1 second and will gradually heal it for 5 seconds, 3% per second. Jirachi must be in the energy to be healed.
Magic Coat: Custom 1. Jirachi will be enveloped in psychic energy that will reflect all projects that hit it for 5 seconds. This skill will fail if used a second time with in a 10 second window.

Helping Hand: Custom 2. Jirachi will send out psychic energy that will boost the attack strength of itself and any fighter on the same team for 5 seconds. This skill will fail if used a second time with in a 10 second window.

Final Smash
Wish Maker: Jirachi will send out a burst of energy that will heal it for 50% of damage and summon a torrent of meteors onto the stage for 10 seconds. The meteors are slow moving and will damage any enemy that touches them.
General:
Jumps - 2
Weight - Heavy
Speed - Average
Fall Speed - Slow

Normals:
Jab - Jirachi does a series of headbutts that lock the opponent in place like Pikachu's.

Forward Tilt - Jirachi waves its arm which creates a wave of sparkles that do damage.

Up Tilt - Jirachi hops upward to hit the opponent with the point of its head.

Down Tilt - Jirachi crouches and lunges forward similar to Olimar's down tilt.

Dash Attack - Jirachi uses U-turn. It lunges forward then retreats to the spot the attack was initiated on.

Smashes:
Forward Smash - Iron Head. Jirachi hops up in the air and falls with its head facing the ground. This move has a 60% chance to flinch the opponent so Jirachi can follow up with more Iron Heads.

Up Smash - Jirachi uses Dazzlign Gleam to create a powerful burst of light above its head.

Down Smash - Jirachi uses Grass knot to hit around both sides of its body at once. This move has a 60% chance to trip the opponent.

Aerials:
Forward Air - Jirachi uses Aerial Ace to do a quick cutting motion with its arm, starting above its body and swinging downward.

Back Air - Jirachi uses Aerial Ace to do a backwards somersault and create more cutting motions. Think of Mega Man's back air.

Up Air - Jirachi uses Psyshock to create a series of purple explosions above its body.

Down Air - Jirachi fire's a powerful long range Flash Cannon straight downwards. This move spikes.

Specials:
Neutral B: Substitute. Jirachi creates a substitute to hide behind that protects it from the knockback and damage of one attack. It causes 20% damage to Jirachi when used.

Forward B: Jirachi uses swift. Swift cannot miss. It fires a slow moving star shaped projectile that will keep following its target until interrupted or blocked.

Up B: Jirachi uses Zen Headbutt to launch itself straight upwards. If an opponent is hit by this move at any point, they will have a 40% chance of being flinched and would be unable to move from the spot they were hit at, momentarily.

Down B: Thunder Wave. Jirachi shoots a wave of electricity in front of it that paralyzes opponents.

Final Smash: Doom Desire. Jirachi opens its eye, which looks in a direction dictated by the player. Any opponents that the eye sees are struck by a deadly attack.

Pichu is my secondary in melee (even though he's utterly terrible, thank God Jigglypuff is so good in Melee) , and I would really like to see it comeback with a revamp Roy style. Also, his whole "He hurts himself" mechanic really would be a nice tool from a developer's standpoint to teach newcomers the rage mechanic, I doubt Mr. Sakurai wouldn't notice something that glaring.

And what is quite possibly the least sane request for a smash character ever
Clefairy is another one I think would be fun to have, he/she's got a bit of moveset potential, and I just simply like the character a lot. Metronome in particular would be pretty fun I'd reckon, not knowing which move your going to get out of the entire roster's movesets sounds fun. Unfortunately, this one's nothing more than a pipe dream, even for the next game, and I wouldn't actually add it even if I had the power, due to how absurdly random of a pick it is.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah, I'd really recommend adding Sceptile to the poll. Being what seems to be the frontrunner for Pokémon newcomers (Not that we're limited to one if the team stays together long enough!), it'd be unfair to leave him out.

I'd also swap Eevee out for Sylveon. While Eevee is already a summon and character transformations are no longer a thing, nothing says an Eeveelution with different thematics is ruled out. I've seen some fringe Sylveon support, so it's worth acknowledging, at least.

As far as other mons go, I'd probably also add Hawlucha, Chesnaught, and Serperior.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This is basically a Pokémon series support thread right? If that's the case, you can count me as a supporter if you like.

Jirachi might just be my most wanted DLC character out of everyone, not even just the Pokémon. Not only would it finally give some just representation to Gen 3, it could also rep the Mythical Pokémon like Mew and Manaphy with a playable character, something we don't have yet. The little guy can do practically anything with the whole wish granting shebang, and has overall amazing moveset potential. Don't believe me? I happened to make a support thread for Jirachi, and it came to my attention that, out of just 5 supporters we already have 4 completely unique movesets, which I think is pretty phenomenal, especially for it's size. It shows that it's relatively easy to come up with a moveset for the guy, and that's definitely a good thing.
(I really ought to finish my own movesets for Jirachi)
Statistics
Height: :4pikachu:, but defaultly levitates slightly from the ground (doesn't limit hurtbox)
Weight: 80 (:4metaknight:)
Ground Speed: 1.15 (Equal to :4robinm::4robinf:)
Air Speed: 1.0 (:rosalina::4robinm::4robinf::4littlemac:)

Has :4ness:/:4lucas:/:4mewtwo: Floaty jumps

Basic Moves
Jab Combo:
Dash Attack: Spins in the air like drill (akin to :rosalina: Luma Shot)

Get-Up Attack: Cosmic spiral effect around Jirachi as it floats upright
Ledge Attack: Headbutts as it climbs back on stage.
U-Tilt: The three tags on Jirachi's head stretch upwards (hitbox like :4charizard:'s wings)
F-Tilt: swinging out arms & tassels (akin to :4palutena:'s forward smash)
D-Tilt: Headbutt (:4olimar:)

U-Smash: Charged up burst of cosmic power (:4lucas:)
F-Smash: "Iron head" charged head slam (:4dk:'s Side-B)
D-Smash: Slams down a roller ahead and then behind (:4ganondorf:'s kick)

U-Air: :4ness:'s headbutt
N-Air: Spins around, arms outstretched (:4kirby:/:4villager:)
F-Air: Claws at the air, arm having a stronger hitbox than the golden "tassel" that moves with the arm
B-Air: Flings head backwards (:4wario2:)
D-Air: Drills head downwards (:4wario2:)

Grabs
Grab & Pummel: Psychic grab (:4mewtwo:/:4robinm::4robinf:)
U-Throw:
F/B-Throw: Spins the target around Jirachi before being tossed forward/behind (horizontal version of :4mewtwo:'s)
D-Throw: Slams the opponent into the ground (Gravity)

Specials
Up B: Wish - A star appears under Jirachi that Jirachi can direct in an aerial flight (starting at a 45 degree, a more flexible version of :4villager: Lloid Rocket).

Neutral B: Moon Blast - Fires a sizable pale energy ball (a smaller version of :4wiifit: sun salutation with no charge time but doesn't heal), and has sizable end lag

Side B: Swift - :rosalina:'s Star bits

Down B: Light Screen - :4palutena:'s Reflect

Final Smash: Doom Desire - :lucario:'s aura storm final smash but with a massive laser beam released from Jirachi's third eye

Animations
Entrance:

Walk: Lazily floats forward, akin to Starfy's kind of bounce
Run: Hovering run (:4mewtwo::rosalina::4palutena:)
Crouch & Crawl: ...Basically :rosalina:'s

Taunts & Victory Animations TBA

Taunt 1:
Taunt 2:
Taunt 3:

Victory 1:
Victory 2:
Victory 3:

Defeat: Claps happily
Height: 2/5
Weight: 2/5
Jump: 4/5
Fall: 4/5
Power: 3/5
Defense: 3/5
Speed: 2/5

Specials
Neutral
Doom Desire: Default. Jirachi will open its third eye and flashes a light in front of it. Any enemy that is caught in the light will get a 10 second countdown above them. Once the 10 seconds are up, a burst of energy will appear in the character's hitbox one second later, damaging any character it hits. This burst of energy can be shielded or dodged.

Future Sight: Custom 1. Places a 5 second counter on enemies that release a weaker but quicker and larger burst of energy in the enemies' hitboxes.

Psyshock: Custom 2. Jirachi will open its third eye and launch an orb of psychic energy forward.

Side
Zen Headbutt: Default. Jirachi will dive forward, with an orb of psychic energy in front of it. After a certain amount of distance Jirachi will stop diving but the orb will continue in a straight forward path. This move can be charged to lengthen the amount of distance Jirachi will travel before stopping.

Iron Head: Custom 1. Jirachi will dive farther and do more damage then Zen Headbutt but charging it will not send it as far and will not have the orb.

Thunder Punch: Custom 2. Jirachi won't travel as far and will do less damage but will stun enemies it hits. No orb either.
Upward
Gravity: Default. Jirachi will launch upward while sending a psychic wave downward that pushes any character, projectile, and items in a downward trajectory (but doesn't damage them).

Telekinesis: Custom 1. Jirachi will travel upward slower and longer but will not release the psychic wave that pushed stuff downward.

Double-Edge: Custom 2. Jirachi will shoot upward faster and higher but will bounce off any enemy, item, or surface it touches.

Downward
Wish: Default. Jirachi will be enveloped in psychic energy and a 5 second timer will appear above its head. When the timer reaches 0, a burst of energy will appear where Jirachi is at after 1 second and will gradually heal it for 5 seconds, 3% per second. Jirachi must be in the energy to be healed.
Magic Coat: Custom 1. Jirachi will be enveloped in psychic energy that will reflect all projects that hit it for 5 seconds. This skill will fail if used a second time with in a 10 second window.

Helping Hand: Custom 2. Jirachi will send out psychic energy that will boost the attack strength of itself and any fighter on the same team for 5 seconds. This skill will fail if used a second time with in a 10 second window.

Final Smash
Wish Maker: Jirachi will send out a burst of energy that will heal it for 50% of damage and summon a torrent of meteors onto the stage for 10 seconds. The meteors are slow moving and will damage any enemy that touches them.
General:
Jumps - 2
Weight - Heavy
Speed - Average
Fall Speed - Slow

Normals:
Jab - Jirachi does a series of headbutts that lock the opponent in place like Pikachu's.

Forward Tilt - Jirachi waves its arm which creates a wave of sparkles that do damage.

Up Tilt - Jirachi hops upward to hit the opponent with the point of its head.

Down Tilt - Jirachi crouches and lunges forward similar to Olimar's down tilt.

Dash Attack - Jirachi uses U-turn. It lunges forward then retreats to the spot the attack was initiated on.

Smashes:
Forward Smash - Iron Head. Jirachi hops up in the air and falls with its head facing the ground. This move has a 60% chance to flinch the opponent so Jirachi can follow up with more Iron Heads.

Up Smash - Jirachi uses Dazzlign Gleam to create a powerful burst of light above its head.

Down Smash - Jirachi uses Grass knot to hit around both sides of its body at once. This move has a 60% chance to trip the opponent.

Aerials:
Forward Air - Jirachi uses Aerial Ace to do a quick cutting motion with its arm, starting above its body and swinging downward.

Back Air - Jirachi uses Aerial Ace to do a backwards somersault and create more cutting motions. Think of Mega Man's back air.

Up Air - Jirachi uses Psyshock to create a series of purple explosions above its body.

Down Air - Jirachi fire's a powerful long range Flash Cannon straight downwards. This move spikes.

Specials:
Neutral B: Substitute. Jirachi creates a substitute to hide behind that protects it from the knockback and damage of one attack. It causes 20% damage to Jirachi when used.

Forward B: Jirachi uses swift. Swift cannot miss. It fires a slow moving star shaped projectile that will keep following its target until interrupted or blocked.

Up B: Jirachi uses Zen Headbutt to launch itself straight upwards. If an opponent is hit by this move at any point, they will have a 40% chance of being flinched and would be unable to move from the spot they were hit at, momentarily.

Down B: Thunder Wave. Jirachi shoots a wave of electricity in front of it that paralyzes opponents.

Final Smash: Doom Desire. Jirachi opens its eye, which looks in a direction dictated by the player. Any opponents that the eye sees are struck by a deadly attack.

Pichu is my secondary in melee (even though he's utterly terrible, thank God Jigglypuff is so good in Melee) , and I would really like to see it comeback with a revamp Roy style. Also, his whole "He hurts himself" mechanic really would be a nice tool from a developer's standpoint to teach newcomers the rage mechanic, I doubt Mr. Sakurai wouldn't notice something that glaring.

I I
I I
V And what is quite possibly the least sane request for a smash character ever V
Clefairy is another one I think would be fun to have, he/she's got a bit of moveset potential, and I just simply like the character a lot. Metronome in particular would be pretty fun I'd reckon, not knowing which move your going to get out of the entire roster's movesets sounds fun. Unfortunately, this one's nothing more than a pipe dream, even for the next game, and I wouldn't actually add it even if I had the power, due to how absurdly random of a pick it is.
Least sane request...aka what could've been Pokemon's Mascot...

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
one word, Sceptile!

It fits perfect into smash and rounds out the grass fire water starter trio.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I am well aware Sceptile is leading the charge for Pokemon reps. That's exactly, precisely why I didn't include him. I want to shine some light on some less obvious Pokemon, instead of just repeating the same stuff about the forerunners(Mostly Sceptile, Hawlucha, and Blaziken). Nonetheless, I think Jirachi, or maybe Victini would make a great addition. She did, after all, have a movie about her. Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I see I have a lot of editing work to do to tomorrow!

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd really recommend adding Sceptile to the poll. Being what seems to be the frontrunner for Pokémon newcomers (Not that we're limited to one if the team stays together long enough!), it'd be unfair to leave him out.

I'd also swap Eevee out for Sylveon. While Eevee is already a summon and character transformations are no longer a thing, nothing says an Eeveelution with different thematics is ruled out. I've seem some fringe Sylveon support, so it's worth acknowledging, at least.

As far as other mons go, I'd probably also add Hawlucha, Chesnaught, and Serperior.
What about using the initial idea that led me to Eevee in the first place? Having Sylveon as the default character, and the rest as palette swaps?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
What about using the initial idea that led me to Eevee in the first place? Having Sylveon as the default character, and the rest as palette swaps?
The problem with that is it really limits the abilities you can use in the moveset if you don't want some weird things to happen. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for a Flareon to be using Moonblast or picking items up with prehensile ribbons, would it?

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
The problem with that is it really limits the abilities you can use in the moveset if you don't want some weird things to happen. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for a Flareon to be using Moonblast or picking items up with prehensile ribbons, would it?
*laughs* Good point. Maybe just custum changes for the moves, I.e. Moonblast to Flame Burst.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Color me shocked that, since I've been a kid playing SSB on the N64, why the game had Jigglypuff instead of Meowth, since he tends to be in most episodes and is the mascot of the evil pokemon, for instance, and he can talk (at least the one from the anime), who seems like he had enough clout to throw around with Pikachu, Jigglypuff seemed really odd to me at the time, although my personal choice would have been Charizard, you know, for biased reasons.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
one word, Sceptile!

It fits perfect into smash and rounds out the grass fire water starter trio.
Sceptile would definitely be perfect for Smash and completing the 3-type-starter trio would be awesome. I just hope Sceptile makes it in Pokkén Tournament if he isn't in Smash as a future DLC character.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Color me shocked that, since I've been a kid playing SSB on the N64, why the game had Jigglypuff instead of Meowth, since he tends to be in most episodes and is the mascot of the evil pokemon, for instance, and he can talk (at least the one from the anime), who seems like he had enough clout to throw around with Pikachu, Jigglypuff seemed really odd to me at the time, although my personal choice would have been Charizard, you know, for biased reasons.
You raise a good point. Thanks for suggesting this, every little bit helps.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Ah... sorry about the noob question, but how do I add spoilers? For the life of me, i can't figure out how.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ah... sorry about the noob question, but how do I add spoilers? For the life of me, i can't figure out how.
[*SPOILER*]type something here[*/SPOILER*]
[*SPOILER=type something here*]type something here[*/SPOILER*] remove all the *
type something here
type something here

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
[*SPOILER*]type something here[*/SPOILER*]
[*SPOILER=type something here*]type something here[*/SPOILER*] remove all the *
type something here
type something here
Okay, thanks. That should help a lot, thanks!

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Moveset suggestions for Delphox, Riolu, Sylveon, Victini and Gallade are now open! Please and thank you in advance for suggestions.

Last edited:

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
ayy we need Gengar in here
I thought up some of his moveset, he would be a mix of jigglypuff and mewtwo

Neutral B-Shadow Ball(Stronger than Mewtwo's but takes longer, has a hit box when charging)
Side B-Shadow Punch(similar to Puff's pound)
Down B- Lick(puts opponent into a stun state)
Up B- Shadow Sneak(Gengar disappears and is replaced by a black trail that has a hitbox)

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
ayy we need Gengar in here
I thought up some of his moveset, he would be a mix of jigglypuff and mewtwo

Neutral B-Shadow Ball(Stronger than Mewtwo's but takes longer, has a hit box when charging)
Side B-Shadow Punch(similar to Puff's pound)
Down B- Lick(puts opponent into a stun state)
Up B- Shadow Sneak(Gengar disappears and is replaced by a black trail that has a hitbox)
Worth looking into. Thanks for the idea!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can you put me down as a supporter for Gallade? Gallade is the Pokemon I want to see as a playable fighter the most because it is my favorite Pokemon (fun fact, my username is Gallade's Japanese name, so you can tell how much of a Gallade fan I am). I was even thinking about creating a thread for Gallade, but after seeing this thread and noticing Gallade being among the six Pokemon currently listed, I think it's safe to say this is Gallade's support thread. I'll be sure to provide my moveset idea for Gallade sometime in the future, and if you are open to even more Smash Bros concepts for a Pokemon like reveal trailer ideas, Palutena's Guidance Conversations, Boxing Ring titles, etc., I'd love to share such ideas as well.

That being said, huge thanks for creating this thread! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that wants Gallade in Smash Bros!

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Gallade but no Gardevoir, easily the most popular of the two? Gardevoir may not have swords but pretty much any pokemon can easily be made into a Smash fighter.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
If it's including Pokemon already in Pokeballs, how about

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Wow! Support outta the water here! I see I have some work to do today.
Can you put me down as a supporter for Gallade? Gallade is the Pokemon I want to see as a playable fighter the most because it is my favorite Pokemon (fun fact, my username is Gallade's Japanese name, so you can tell how much of a Gallade fan I am). I was even thinking about creating a thread for Gallade, but after seeing this thread and noticing Gallade being among the six Pokemon currently listed, I think it's safe to say this is Gallade's support thread. I'll be sure to provide my moveset idea for Gallade sometime in the future, and if you are open to even more Smash Bros concepts for a Pokemon like reveal trailer ideas, Palutena's Guidance Conversations, Boxing Ring titles, etc., I'd love to share such ideas as well.

That being said, huge thanks for creating this thread! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that wants Gallade in Smash Bros!
Sure, anything works! I am always open to new ideas, even if its changing minute details, like someones taunt. I love hearing peoples new ideas, we can't let the thread die.
Gallade but no Gardevoir, easily the most popular of the two? Gardevoir may not have swords but pretty much any pokemon can easily be made into a Smash fighter.
Gardevoir's coming today on an hour or two. She's popular, thats for sure.
Still no Meowth, I am disappoint.
Okay, I was originally against Meowth a bit. But now I see that he has support for him. You'll see him, and his artwork of choice, on here later today.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Btw, put me down as a supporter. Sceptile and Gallade would be awesome

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Ivysaur. Oh, how I wish... Any suggestions on possible moveset changes for him?
Well, Ivysaur could be mostly like it was in Brawl, but a few tweaks would need to happen.
Namely, it'd need a new Down-B and Up-B. Maybe remap Bullet Seed to Down-B and get a new Neutral-B.
I could imagine a Down-B being something like Giga Drain, which would work a bit like Robins Nosferatu. Maybe Toxic, which is similar, deals more damage, but doesn't heal.
Petal Dance might work as an Up-B that acts a little like Links Spin Attack, but has a suction effect.
It'd also need a new Final Smash.
Solar Beam seems like the obvious choice here. Although Grass Pledge could be interesting.

That aside, implementing Ivysaur wouldn't require to build a character from the ground up.

...yeah, I'm pretty biased torwards it.:ivysaur:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
All right! Ivysaur has been made, I hope you like the changes I made. I'm using my ORAS Pokedex guide for move ideas. Hey, Putuk, can I put you down as a supporter?

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Also guys, a revamped Pichu is coming soon, accompanied by Suicune, Shaymin, and Weavile!

Top Bottom