• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black2 and White2: Are we judging too soon?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Heatmor is the best.

Also, I'm guessing SOME PEOPLE are just being Sensitive, getting upset over people being meanie weenies to their precious Pokeymanz, when really those meanies are just pointing out a stupid business decision.

Because it really is Stupid.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No, but you still shut down the suggestion.

Not intentionally :rolleyes:

Perhaps I'm naive, but I'd like to think that not every business is putting out the worst crap they possibly can while still getting a profit. The third versions of the games are certainly a pretty good example of this kind of thing -- hell, the two versions in every generation is too -- but at least it's just one game with the third versions. Now they not only have the two versions, but they also have two of the third versions. If they don't make something more out of these two games, then they're really not even trying to cover up the fact that they're selling out just to make an extra buck.

Alright, lemme ask you this. Say I'm selling both games. A customer wants to buy PKMN B&W2 for $2. Am I gunna sell it it to him/her? That's another factor: the buyer is not the chooser. Plus, they wouldn't copy the game because they'd get nothing due to their worst enemies: IGN, Gamestop, and so on. In otherwords Critics. It's a sad world, bro. It's just how it works, and it's been proven hundreds of times. Remember when they sold King-sized Reeses bars? Over here, I could buy 2 same size ones and it costed lower price. Manipulation is another factor.

Also, even if every business in the world does it, it doesn't mean I have to be okay with it.
True, but there's honestly nothing you can do about it, if wanting to.

If these games are true sequels, then yes, they should be far more interesting than a third version. The more I think about it, the more the title indicates to me that they will be true sequels. I'm just concerned that they haven't changed the third game concept at all and they're rehashing Black and White.

We'd never know, because they've switched things up in-game many times. Remember, N going to a "distant land" could be a new region or a resize of Unvoa. There are many hints towards how different this game can be.

Also, I hate it when somebody has a complaint about a game, movie, album, etc. and somebody says that the solution is to just not buy it. Are people not allowed to be upset on principle?

You can be, but it doesn't solve the situation.

...Yes. Generally, unless we're talking about taxes and the like, money you spend is indeed optional. I'm trying to figure out where I denied that. All I'm doing is defending purchasing both games, saying that it's not completely hypocritical for me to buy both games and then have a potential issue with this.

I never accused you of denying anything. But when you say that B&W2 could be a rewash, I was just saying what you can do to avoid it. No hatin' here.

I'm not making any final judgments on these games at all, and I'd love to see them shine as true sequels and step outside the precedent of the series so far, especially after recently picking up White again (something about naming all of my Pokémon after Buffy characters gives it new life).

Right...

I'm just concerned that with such a close release, it is just going to be every other third game divided into two games. I just think it's better to consider the facts before assuming that Nintendo is going to make an excellent game, because as you said, they're a business.

Well, you'd never know, because you don't work at gamefreak and neither do I. Speculation at it's finest ;)
Responses in Red.

Also, I heard some rumors about Zoroark and Zorua being catchable. I know it's too early, but I'm keeping my eyes open for the details.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm still confused as to why you still reply in red. Either way, catchable Zoroark and Zorua would be pretty cool.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Alright, lemme ask you this. Say I'm selling both games. A customer wants to buy PKMN B&W2 for $2. Am I gunna sell it it to him/her? That's another factor: the buyer is not the chooser. Plus, they wouldn't copy the game because they'd get nothing due to their worst enemies: IGN, Gamestop, and so on. In otherwords Critics. It's a sad world, bro. It's just how it works, and it's been proven hundreds of times. Remember when they sold King-sized Reeses bars? Over here, I could buy 2 same size ones and it costed lower price. Manipulation is another factor.
Critics and reviewers aren't exactly completely honest all of the time, and are often biased by their companies' sponsors.

Anyway, I know how economics work, but I don't see what you're arguing at here. I'm just saying I would like to see Nintendo not put out two really lazy games. I don't expect them to give away massive games for free.

The consumer sort of is the chooser anyway, since demand is part of the equation. A single consumer doesn't have sway, but if consumers as a whole don't buy the games, then yes, Nintendo could take a hit and they may very well have to sell the game for a price that makes them lose money.

True, but there's honestly nothing you can do about it, if wanting to.
I know that I can't change the entire market, but this is a place where people are supposed to be expressing their thoughts and opinions.

We'd never know, because they've switched things up in-game many times. Remember, N going to a "distant land" could be a new region or a resize of Unvoa. There are many hints towards how different this game can be.
Yes, it could be. Or it could just be the same Unova over again. So I'm not making any assumptions until we hear more.

You can be, but it doesn't solve the situation.
I wasn't really trying to solve something by posting something on a forum.

I never accused you of denying anything. But when you say that B&W2 could be a rewash, I was just saying what you can do to avoid it. No hatin' here.
I think not buying it is an obvious solution. I don't imagine I'll be jumping on buying it anyway, I have far too many games already in my queue and need to be saving my money for more important things.

Well, you'd never know, because you don't work at gamefreak and neither do I. Speculation at it's finest
Yes...I am indeed speculating. I enjoy speculating over games.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Would you rather me respond in Lime Green? :awesome:

You MAY have missed my point. XD

I think having Zoroark/Zorua as event pkmn is dumber than giving Pikachu Extremespeed but not Swords Dance .-_.-

Yeah, I was lucky to get a female during the event on the first try without noticing it.
Answers in purple.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Answers in purple.
Okay.
Response in Lime Green :troll:

Ponder, ponder, ponder.... Here's what I want fixed or added:
Zoroark and Zorua (Not special. Make'em catchable).
More Battle Facilities (Just a train? Noez. Bring back the other battle systems found in Emerald, PLT and HG/SS.))
Outside Legendaries (I know it sounds wierd, but I wanna catch Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, and Manaphy >_>)

Just a few things.

Top Bottom