• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon 0 Exp. Challenge | Rules & Sign-ups

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
* Game: Pokemon FR or LG.
* A patch file will be provided that reduces the number of all Exp gained to 0.
* It's allowed to use auxiliary files to trigger the evolution of pokemon via trading [Graveler, Machoke, Porygon, Onix, etc.].
* Auxiliary files may not be used for any other purpose [such as trading items].
* No other restrictions.
* Win condition: Tbd

Sign-ups:
* Gheb
* Joey // @ Dooms Dooms
* S2 // @ DtJ S2n DtJ S2n
* BSL

:059:

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I honestly think the win condition should just be the fact that you completed this lmao.

(this is me saying that I have no idea what the win condition should be if we were to have one.)

Edit: Edit: Ignore this lmaooo no levels duh.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Simply completing the game is enough of a challenge I guess. Since it seems like it's only gonna be the 4 of us I think it'd be better to do this via Skye group chat. Sounds good to you?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Quick question, how do you beat the champion?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Quick question, how do you beat the champion?
I don't know the exact strategy, but it involves using Pokemon you've caught and manipulating their moveset in order to beat the champion.

Also lots of potions, revives, etc.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
New rule added: It's not allowed to use the Daycare center. Rare Candies can be used though.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
This is going to be heartbreaking when you realized you used a TM you needed to save for endgame.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm currently having issues with Skype. Somebody plz add that guy to our group!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Using rare candies is the only way to obtain level ups in this challenge!

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
But there are so few rare candies. How does one expect that?

Also, no one's going to be able to beat Brock with that flimsy tackle

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Gheb already beat Brock.

Also, I COMPLETELY forgot about this so sorry guys ;_;. I'll start this when I get through test week (this week).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But there are so few rare candies. How does one expect that?

Also, no one's going to be able to beat Brock with that flimsy tackle
Brock can actually be trivialized by having his Onix get paralyzed by a Pikachu's Static ability [which ignores Ground Pokemon's immunity to electric attacks]. The AI is kind of dumb because it only prioritizes to use Rock Tomb when it's super effecive so there's a higher chance for Onix to use either Tackle or Bind [both have a 30% chance of paralyzing Onix] than Rock Tomb against Pikachu. Once Onix is paralyzed it's a matter of using Growl with Pikachu/Bulbasaur, Sand Attack with lvl 5 Pidgey and having him run out of Rock Tomb's pitiful 10PP. After that you can use Rattata to minimize its defense via Tail Whip and Tackle it until it's KO [lvl 5 Rattata's Tackle is the strongest attack you can have at that point].

Geodude is easy. Just have it poisoned by Weedle asap. My team was lvl 5. Bulbasaur, lvl 3 Pikachu, lvl 5 Weedle, lvl 5 Rattata and lvl 5 Pidgey x2 and I didn't even need to buy a potion because the ones that I picked up on he way from Pallet Town to Pewter City were already enough.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Brock can actually be trivialized by having his Onix get paralyzed by a Pikachu's Static ability [which ignores Ground Pokemon's immunity to electric attacks]. The AI is kind of dumb because it only prioritizes to use Rock Tomb when it's super effecive so there's a higher chance for Onix to use either Tackle or Bind [both have a 30% chance of paralyzing Onix] than Rock Tomb against Pikachu. Once Onix is paralyzed it's a matter of using Growl with Pikachu/Bulbasaur, Sand Attack with lvl 5 Pidgey and having him run out of Rock Tomb's pitiful 10PP. After that you can use Rattata to minimize its defense via Tail Whip and Tackle it until it's KO [lvl 5 Rattata's Tackle is the strongest attack you can have at that point].

Geodude is easy. Just have it poisoned by Weedle asap. My team was lvl 5. Bulbasaur, lvl 3 Pikachu, lvl 5 Weedle, lvl 5 Rattata and lvl 5 Pidgey x2 and I didn't even need to buy a potion because the ones that I picked up on he way from Pallet Town to Pewter City were already enough.

Imagine this as a Nuzlocke though.

I wonder how to beat Blue/Green

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
ah crab i forgot about this D: um i don't have a skype right now so is it possible for someone to PM me a link?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Joey should have the link for the patch.

lol @trying to nuzlocke this.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Don't let me forget about this gheb. Haven't started yet but I want to.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
so beat the game with a team of level 3-8 pokemon????
(not that many rare candies to be found...)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well the highest level Pokemon you can catch in the main game besides the bird trio (lvl 50) are in their late 30s and early 40s. As you aren't restricted to using your first full party and it isn't a nuzlocke. I would say most teams would have the bird trio in their party if you allow use of legendaries. Plus a couple random pokes from Victory Road or cinnabar Mansion. Actually can you even get Moltres before beating the champion in the remakes? Because I vaguely remember having to go to the Sevii isles for it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Birds kind of trivialize the whole thing but you can still beat the Elite 4 with lvl ~40 Starmie, Fearow, Machamp, Slowbro and other stuff.

Top Bottom