• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Trainer: Special Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Dojo Link: Pokémon Trainer: Special Moves

Pokémon Trainer: Special Moves

The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

That’s nine in all. Amazing!

<Squirtle Up Special Move: Waterfall>

Squirtle splashes up the water torrent.

<Squirtle Side Special Move: Withdraw>

Is this the turtle’s so-called shell? It slides along the ground.

<Ivysaur Standard Special Move: Bullet Seed>

It fires a rapid seed barrage straight up in the air!

<Ivysaur Up Special Move: Vine Whip>

It can grab the edge with its whip! That was TOO close!

<Charizard Standard Special Move: Flamethrower>

We just had to have this. It is Charizard, after all.

<Charizard Side Special Move: Rock Smash>

It smashes rocks with its head. Bam! A solid hit from this delivers a mighty blow!!

Supplement your shortcomings and take advantage of your strengths. You must cooperate to push on!​

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
*eye twitches* Where's......the......Ridley........CONFIRMATION!!!?

Meh.....PK Trainer's Special Moves. Che.......woopdie freaken do. *extreme sarcassm*

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, this doesn't need its own godd@mn thread, put it in the daily updates thread.... there is a reason why its called THE OFFICIAL UPDATE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, all updates get their own threads. It's just in the wrong section.

edit: nevermind. I see why now.

The Bino

Smash Lord
NO NO it shouldn't get its own thread, its pointless to give something like an item its own thread, this is different though, this is to go in the character thread, not in General Brawl Thread

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Please don't continue to complain about the misplacement of the thread and discuss what the thread is actually about. It doesn't need to be moved before the discussion begins, you know. And please don't type like an illiterate.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Squirtle:
Up-B- Fairly awesome actually.
Side-B- Meh, a small, non-spinning Bowser Fortress.
Ivysaur:
Neutral-B- Lame.
Up-B- Expected, and probably useless for offense, but then again most aren't useful for offense anway.
Charizard:
Neutral-B- As expected. noting special, moving on.
Side-B- Interesting, although probably not very good, most likely slow but probably a powerful killer move.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Squirtle:
Up-B- Fairly awesome actually.
Side-B- Meh, a small, non-spinning Bowser Fortress.
Ivysaur:
Neutral-B- Lame.
Up-B- Expected, and probably useless for offense, but then again most aren't useful for offense anway.
Charizard:
Neutral-B- As expected. noting special, moving on.
Side-B- Interesting, although probably not very good, most likely slow but probably a powerful killer move.
Actually, I believe Ivysaur's neutral B is the first ever neutral B that goes straight up (besides Ness's, of course, which blows). It's like having Sheik's needles, only vertically.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
WTF? Where is Charizard's up b? Why did they leave that out? Is anyone else just as suspicious as I am? Perhaps it's just way too cool to show us? PERHAPS HE FLYS OR DOES SOMETHING EXTREMELY KICKASS?!

AHHH!!! >_<

WTF? Where is Charizard's up b? Why did they leave that out? Is anyone else just as suspicious as I am? Perhaps it's just way too cool to show us? PERHAPS HE FLYS OR DOES SOMETHING EXTREMELY KICKASS?!

AHHH!!! >_<
Thats assuming he has one, which im guessing he dosen't.

Edit: oops just realised he left out one special for each one:psycho:

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it was only two moves per Pokémon.
Still a very interesting update, I can't wait to try out Pokémon Trainer!
You'd think Sakurai would take the opportunity to link to the Tether Recoveries thing again.

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I believe Ivysaur's neutral B is the first ever neutral B that goes straight up (besides Ness's, of course, which blows). It's like having Sheik's needles, only vertically.
I agree, it seems like an interesting move. While Pikachu's and Pichu's Thunder moves could be seen as serving a somewhat similar purpose (well, affecting a similar area anyway), I doubt the lag time for Bullet Seed will be anywhere near as large. It could have interesting juggle applications.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Fxk am I the only one seeing the extreme utter cheapness with Ivysaur's NeutralB. If it comes out instantly and fast like other projectiles its going to make it super simplitic to combo with. I just hope it's not as spamable and comboable as I think it is.

wtf am I talking about anyway, Sakurai won't make such a simple thing broken.

edit: *looks at above post* apperently I wasn't the only one that saw the potential.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Fxk am I the only one seeing the extreme utter cheapness with Ivysaur's NeutralB. If it comes out instantly and fast like other projectiles its going to make it super simplitic to combo with. I just hope it's not as spamable and comboable as I think it is.

wtf am I talking about anyway, Sakurai won't make such a simple thing broken.

edit: *looks at above post* apperently I wasn't the only one that saw the potential.
Just don't jump into it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Cool update I guess...

I really don't like this Pokemon Trainer character though.

Not because hes omfg wtf broken or something, I dunno, I just dont like the idea of playing as 3 different pokemon, and this ''stamina'' thing is kind of bothering me because it sounds like some sort of health type system... which is NOT what smash is about. Smash is unique in that there are no health bars. And please dont mention stamina melee lol, special modes don't count :p

The rock smash move looks cool.. Flamethrower is just a ripoff of bowser's neutral B. Yay for having two characters with the same B move. That's creative... *sarcasm*

I think that the Ivysaur seed shooting move is really cool looking too, and could be mixed into some cool combos.

Just don't jump into it.
Yeah, pretty much. There are no cheap moves, only scrubs with bad mindsets who think there are.

''Don't get hit'' is a universal law in competitive smash, coined by Isai of course... :p

waffu

Smash Cadet
Most of the moves seem expected, charizard seems like it will be a bowser character now. Ivysaur's moves look the most creative to me, another thether recovery is cool.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Cool update I guess...

I really don't like this Pokemon Trainer character though.

Not because hes omfg wtf broken or something, I dunno, I just dont like the idea of playing as 3 different pokemon, and this ''stamina'' thing is kind of bothering me because it sounds like some sort of health type system... which is NOT what smash is about. Smash is unique in that there are no health bars. And please dont mention stamina melee lol, special modes don't count :p

The rock smash move looks cool.. Flamethrower is just a ripoff of bowser's neutral B. Yay for having two characters with the same B move. That's creative... *sarcasm*

I think that the Ivysaur seed shooting move is really cool looking too, and could be mixed into some cool combos.
Well you know, lots of characters have similar moves. Like Ness and Zelda's aerial kick things.
And it's Charizard. You just have to have Flamethrower! :D
I still don't know how stamina would work. Would it slow the pokémon down, or act as a damage multiplier to make tired Pokémon die quicker? Huh...
I guess only time can tell.

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Here's a question to ponder. Will Ivysaur's Up B provide any vertical lift without a nearby ledge to grab onto?

Weed

Smash Lord
The only thing I saw interesting in tonights update was the possibility of Ivysaur having the second air-grab.

Doctor Octopus FTW ^_^

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Just don't jump into it.
You completely missed my point, dude. I'm hoping that you can't Fair then seed, then chase them and fair again then seed, then chase them Upair then seed and its actually unescapable but just DI'able(which is still ghey)

Don't think I'm a scrub that meant "OMG NO ONE COULD JUMP OVER IVYSAURZZ NOWZ!!", how the hell did you deduct that from what I said.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You completely missed my point, dude. I'm hoping that you can't Fair then seed, then chase them and fair again then seed, then chase them Upair then seed and its actually unescapable but just DI'able(which is still ghey)
Im guessing he will lag during, and maybe even after shooting the seeds. Perhaps after shooting them he might be able to squeeze in an aerial, but I dont see any infinate combos coming from this, its too far fetched.

And there's always DI. ;)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The thing is, I could move it if I wanted to. I did just that yesterday. However, I don't expect to have to do this twice for the same topic creator.

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'll be very surprised now if Squirtle's side B isn't Water Gun or a similar projectile.

Edit: Er, I mean neutral B!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The Dojo Updates room was recently closed to new threads by non-mods, because we're now posting Dojo updates via the Smash Blog, and they'll be simultaneously posted in the Dojo Updates room. (We have this update posted in there now.)

Obviously you can talk about the content in the updates wherever they belong (such as in Pokemon Trainer's thread in Character Discussion) but the threads for the updates themselves will be made by us in Dojo Updates from now on.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Im guessing he will lag during, and maybe even after shooting the seeds. Perhaps after shooting them he might be able to squeeze in an aerial, but I dont see any infinate combos coming from this, its too far fetched.

And there's always DI. ;)
Yea, basically, even if there was some crazy combo against a handful of fast fallers I doubt it'll be anything that DI'ing won't cancel out after the first seed.

It'd be awesome if the seeds desended downward after you shoot them up. It'd set up nasty mindgame traps. All in all I never see myself using these guys though they just seem too irrational to be used. That is if they aren't all magically high or mid tier.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Dojo Updates room was recently closed to new threads by non-mods, because we're now posting Dojo updates via the Smash Blog, and they'll be simultaneously posted in the Dojo Updates room. (We have this update posted in there now.)

Obviously you can talk about the content in the updates wherever they belong (such as in Pokemon Trainer's thread in Character Discussion) but the threads for the updates themselves will be made by us in Dojo Updates from now on.
Thanks for letting us know?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Anyone else notice that the Pokemon Trainer actually stands on the Bridge of Eldin.

What's he going to do when it collapses? Just run to a non collapsed bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom