• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Trainer Ash

Mechageo

Smash Ace
How many of you are sick and tired of being sick and tired of people calling Pokémon Trainer "ash Ketchums" or some other form of the Anime characters name?

I mean c'mon!

Pokémon Trainer never released his Charizard away as soon as it wasn't cute anymore.
He never released his Butterfree so that it could find a mate!

Have you ever wondered why Ash isn't a Pokémon Master?
He only has completely unevolved Pokémon at all times and gives away/releases/trades any that evolve.

Can I get an amen?!

I wasjust talking about this with my friends a few weeks ago, he never did keep any of his good pokemon, besides he never had an Ivysaur, he stopped his bulasaur from evolving

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
That P.trainer is from firered , not from the original red which actually was where Satoshi (ash) was based on. (since the game was made before the anime)

His name should be Red lol.

Actually, he accepted the fact that his Bulba refused to evolve.
Yeah , in that super old episode of bulbagarden.

Still he does know solarbeam and is quite strong so it didn't harm him all that much.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
lol ash sucks i remember how the theme used to be like "i wanna be a pokemon master" but yet he trades all his good pokemons xP

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
lol ash sucks i remember how the theme used to be like "i wanna be a pokemon master" but yet he trades all his good pokemons xP
Worse lol, he didn't trade em...he let em go for nothign in exchange...at least zard comes to help him here and there like that battle with articuno.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
This reminds me of a question I have for Brawl...are there any videos yet of PT's voice? I was wondering if they went with the VA for Ash or for someone else.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
How many of you are sick and tired of being sick and tired of people calling Pokémon Trainer "ash Ketchums" or some other form of the Anime characters name?

I mean c'mon!

Pokémon Trainer never released his Charizard away as soon as it wasn't cute anymore.

Have you ever wondered why Ash isn't a Pokémon Master?
He only has completely unevolved Pokémon at all times and gives away/releases/trades any that evolve.

Can I get an amen?!
God forbid a trainer actually treats his poke'mon as living beings & not just weapons of war.:rolleyes: It amazes me how many people still mistake Ash's compassion for stupidity. Heck, if he forced them to stay, they'd probably despise him for that & wouldn't follow his orders anyway.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
God forbid a trainer actually treats his poke'mon as living beings & not just weapons of war.:rolleyes: It amazes me how many people still mistake Ash's compassion for stupidity. Heck, if he forced them to stay, they'd probably despise him for that & wouldn't follow his orders anyway.
Actually if he didn't release em and didn't start anew with only pikachu every time but went with his full throttle to battle each and every time he most likely would have won other tournamens such at the orange island one (which he was at his strognest...lapras zard sonrlax and tauros...who'd replace any of em for a phanpy or a crawfish? >.>)

And he also did another stupid thing , he let that larvitar go with his mom , togepi was hatched from an egg too but they chose to keep that one , only when an actual good pokemon crosses their paths they somehow have to release it after first having bonded very much with it and unleashed his power....bull**** i tell ya.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
You know, all he would have had to do was collect more badges and they would have been forced to obey him.

Now that I think about it, I would probably have been a villain on the Pokémon cartoon show, wouldn't I? :p

No matter, I'll treat my Pokémon team like an all-star sports team (That can't quit or give up)!

Victory to those with the toughest Pokémon!

I've been playing it since Red for the Gameboy, and that's what makes me like Pokémon Trainer so much in Brawl.

squarez

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but Ash is just a very bad pokemon trainer. Gary > Ash IMO.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but Ash is just a very bad pokemon trainer. Gary > Ash IMO.
Early gary was not > ash but late gary (now that he's not an ******* but instead is following in his granpa's steps) is much better...,but that's cause he still has all of his best pokemon...he didn't start anew once he changed regions like someone around here >.>.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I reall hate the anime, and it's not just Ash. they got rid of any of the challenges and sorrow of pokemon instead replacing it with the super stupid hippy love trash. The villians became worthless weaklings nad trainers can win a battle with one stupid attack. Long ago they took out the battling and catching and now it's just about meeting wild pokemon or trainers and solving their stupid problems.

If you've ever read any of the manga you'd understand that pokemon can actually much deeper than the anime has shown. Not all pokemon are good, there are actually evil pokemon that have to be shown good. Team rocket is a forc to be reckoned with, and when Red sees a legendary pokemon....he knows he needs to catch it! Mewtwo has a better role in the plot. Also not all the protagonist are happy loving trainers, they have weaknesses and some can be bad trainers and it shows. Death does exsist and the pokemon trainers act like real kids with real dreams and ambitions that they will fight to achieve. There is conflict and drama thus the whole appeal seems more realistic and entertaining.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
It kind of bugs me when people call him ash,
ash is not in the game because he is not from a pokemon game.

infernovia

Smash Ace
And he also did another stupid thing , he let that larvitar go with his mom ,

Are you inhuman or just stupid?

Charizard wanted to leave so he could be stronger. Its kinda the opposite of journey makes you stronger.

... All of Ash's pokemon had the option to choose to evolve and not. The only dumb thing he has done so far is give up his old guys and there are various reasons for this. Most of its probably money related and marketing the anime to the younger generation. Plus it allows him to use the newer pokemon in their own merit. I mean swellow > pidgeot and fearow. But if you already have a level 57 pidgeot, you might not catch that pokemon. *shrugs* The anime is kinda dumb but whatever.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Amen. I hate Ash.

I prefer Red, both of them (games and the Pokespecial).

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
How do any of you know hes the one from red and not blue, or green in Japan's case

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
the pokemon trainer is from the FR LG series he has nothing to do with the old red and blue series. and yes we all agree ash is a ***** , he never grew up he is stil what 10 brock must be 20 something dawn is ten ****** Misty (IDK) and May (WTF) yes the show sucks big donkey balls but its still somewhat inertaining

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
well its kinda easy to mistaken the Pokemon Trainer as Ash. Ash was drawn/based on the design of Red. *shrugs* btw, that's still Red. Not a new trainer. They just redesigned Red for FR and LG.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Red = Trainer from Fire Red/Leaf Green/Red/Blue/Green
Pokemon Trainer = Red
Ash = Based on the design of Red
Red =/= Ash

Top Bottom