• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM: GTA Power Rankings

SSB_Hello

Smash Apprentice
The PM PR for the GTA region. - Spring Season: March 2015 - May 2015
1.EMG | Weon-X :fox::falco::dedede::marth:
Weon-X continues to hold his throne in the Toronto PM region with his unmatched tech skill, smarts, and variety of characters including Dedede, Fox, Falco, and occasionally Marth. He still remains undefeated in monthlies which he has entered (PTO 8 and 9), but with some close calls along the way.

2. EMG | n0ne :falcon::ganondorf:
Ever since n0ne has returned to Canada, he's been showing his dominance with his Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and a pocket Mario consisting of unmatched speed, pressure, and punish game. With strong, consistent results this season including 1st at PTO 7 and 3rd at PTO 9, he's beginning to challenge the very top placing. Will he succeed and give Weon-X a run for his money?

3. HammerTime :gw:
With his decision to drop Lucas in the wake of version 3.5, HammerTime makes the switch to Game and Watch with his strong fundamentals transferring over seamlessly. His intelligent play and consistent punishes gave him great results such as 1st at the first two Milton Matchups and 2nd at PTO 7; these placings earn him the high position of 3rd place.

4. Nightmare :marth::link2:
Making one of the largest jumps, Nightmare has proven himself to be worthy of his new rank. This is due to his consistent high placings across the board (3rd at PTO 7, 2nd at PTO 8, 7th at PTO 9) and his positive matchup record against many of those he has passed. Results speak louder than words, and Nightmare’s 4th place is well earned.

5. EMG | Ayo Blitz :ike:
Despite his fairly poor result of 9th at PTO 7, Blitz’s recent solid performances have been more than enough to hold his spot as a respected player. Earning 3rd at PTO 8 and 4th at PTO 9 has clearly demonstrated his ability, and taking out Coffeeblack in the last monthly advances him past into 5th place.

6. Coffeeblack :falcon::roypm:
This season has not been kind to Coffeeblack, as he drops far from his previous 2nd place. The tournaments which he has attended have resulted in him being upset - placing 9th at PTO 7 at the hands of Senpai and Nightmare, and having his run at PTO 9 end at 5th by Blitz. His positive matchup record against those below him and his solid performance at PTO 9 keep him at a respectable 6th place.

7. Fire :dk2::falcon:
With his ridiculous grab punish game and bad manners, Fire’s DK has had a very strong season and managed to take sets off players such as Nightmare and Hammertime. His consistency has also been demonstrated throughout the season, placing 5th at PTO 7, 4th at PTO 8 and finishing the season 7th at PTO 9. Fire’s DK is definitely one to watch during the upcoming summer of smash.

8. Rongunshu :lucario:
Moving up from the HM’s last time, Rongunshu and his Lucario have only placed outside Top 8 once this season at PTO 9 and finished a solid 7th at PTO 7 and 8. His strong combo and punish game along with set wins playing against idea and Fire have propelled him into the top 8 players.

9. EMG | idea :4jigglypuff::zelda:
idea has earned 9th place in this season due to his consistent placings, winning record over Satan, and a solid 1-1 record with Rongunshu. By placing 5th early on at PTO 7, and 9th at PTO 8, he has demonstrated he can contend with some of the stronger members in the top 8.

10. Satan :marth::falco:
Satan, although sporting good wins such as taking a set against Blitz at PTO 7 and beating Nightmare in pools, his placements were not as strong as idea's. Placing 9th twice and 7th once shows he's quite consistent and very skilled. If he can keep his placings within top 8 or further next season and make more upsets, he'll definitely be a player to watch out for.

Honorable Mentions:
CorruptTO | Hello :sheilda::squirtle:
Bellocan :wolf:
Juice:dedede:
Zukon:ike:
Jebus:falco:

Highly Skilled but not enough tournaments to use data:
Riddlebox :zerosuitsamus:
LP RaynEX :fox:
Senpai :bowser2:

F.A.Q.
Q: Why don't I see myself on this list? Or "X player is very good, why is he not on here?"
A: You probably haven't been to enough tournaments, placed low, perhaps only got one high placing and then never showed up again. In which case, I always encourage players to show up to support their scene.

Q: I've beaten X player before! Why am I lower than them?
A: While we do agree that beating a player does mean a notable thing, you may also have worse tournament results in general. One bad performance can make or break your position in the list.

Q: How long until the next updated PR?
A: The PR will be updated from now on by the season. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.

Q: Are you biased when you make this list?

A: Absolutely. We love playing favorites. No, but seriously there is no bias based on player preference. This is all the result of cold, heartless data.

Q: Why isn't Montreal/Quebec on this list?
A: They aren't from Ontario nor GTA. But we love them anyways. ouiiiiii.

Q: I have a question about the PR, can you answer it?
A: We will try our best. Most questions should be sent to myself via Smashboards or Facebook if you have an issue. If you want my facebook to inbox, and you don't know who I am, PM me on smashboards

Q: Where can I find these PM tournaments in the GTA so I can whoop people and take their spot?
A: We have a facebook group and events for every Project T.O will be posted on smashboards as well. We invite you to advertise your own event with players/stream links as well!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/projectmontario/

Q: Why isn't my region included?
A: We include the GTA when making this PR. Those that live outside of it are not eligible. Find out if you're part of the GTA by using wikipedia.

Panel list: Hello, Zukon, Fire, EMG Blitz, Rongunshu, PatRowdy, TonyHawk.

Last edited:

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
u should write explanations as to why people are placed where they are. It shows that insight is being put into the rankings, logic, and makes ppl hold that ****. (for future reference)

Last edited:

TanTaco

Smash Rookie
yoooo taking names, ima get up there, just gotta get through the EMG people then bam!

(KL)Kid

Smash Rookie
Was revival of Brampton used? I feel like if Mcsmashter was then it should, big tourney, happened after. Also a lot of the top 10 placed well at Rob so I would say it strengthens these results you should put it in the data.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'll be putting this on the navbar of ontario-smash.com when I get home. Good **** everyone!

McD

Smash Journeyman
After facing Weon-X and barely even being able to put a dent in him I'd be curious of what these guys thinks separates themselves from the rest. Some general advice to give us to work towards posing a threat to these rankings one day

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
So after Smash @ York 3 things at the top are looking unstable
One event doesn't necessarily mean everything needs to be rewritten; the whole point of rankings being updated over a larger period of time is due to attendance and consistent performance. Of course wins and losses will effect the next ranking but one bad tournament doesn't completely damper a players spot, unless it becomes a consistent issue. Likewise, doing well once is worthy of recognition, but if said player can only pull out a good placing once, doesn't say much of that players overall skill and abilities.

Coastward

Smash Lord
One event doesn't necessarily mean everything needs to be rewritten; the whole point of rankings being updated over a larger period of time is due to attendance and consistent performance. Of course wins and losses will effect the next ranking but one bad tournament doesn't completely damper a players spot, unless it becomes a consistent issue. Likewise, doing well once is worthy of recognition, but if said player can only pull out a good placing once, doesn't say much of that players overall skill and abilities.
what are you talking about?

every performance matters for the PR. if you played bad at a tournament, it will definitely effect the outcome of the final PR.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
what are you talking about?

every performance matters for the PR. if you played bad at a tournament, it will definitely effect the outcome of the final PR.
3 good performances vs 1 bad performance; the 3 higher placings have more of an impact than the 1 poor placing because of consistency, and it depends on who you lost to. Attendance + consistency make up for doing poorly once, although that loss generally effects the players who won in a more positive light. Also with who you won/lost to depends on opponents placings/skill, losing to the Carroza-Oyarce brothers isn't going to effects a bad placing as much as a loss to xX_FaLK0MA$T3R_Xx. AKA if Chris Feezy attends another tournament and gets top placings beating out top PR members or HMs he'll more than likely make the top 5 of the PR than if he just did it once. Attendance + Consistency > one good placing.

MrHealthy

Smash Rookie
If Relax Alax is a HM, then I feel very confident I can get HM or low on the list next time. As long as I attend more events / play those on the list.

Top Bottom