• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM-Centric Podcast 'The Salt Mines' Broadcasting Tonight

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
The Project M community has recently been party to a number of setbacks. Many major community members and streamers have dropped the game from their repertoire in rapid succession, saying little as to why these decisions have been made. While many have a hazy sense of what's going on, The Salt Mines hopes to clarify the recent situation as well as help the Project M community stand on its own two feet. Tonight's episode also features MIOM | tafokints as a guest.

The broadcast just started, but if you're reading this after the fact, fear not! This episode and all prior episodes are available on a iTunes - download them below.

iTunes

Are you excited to see the Project M community working together like this? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit loves to see PM doing stuff like this. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
..what is this "Project M"?

*nervously glances side to side in fear of Nintendo ninjas*

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Let's do our best to keep what we love and appreciate survive. With stuff like this i'm glad to see the community finds ways to work this situation out.

LandMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Williaml19354
It's too bad project M is starting to fade away just when it seemed to get more and more popular.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I hate all the "this game is dead" nonsense.

Nothing really happened, except for VGBC and like 2 majors dropping it.
That is almost nothing. It just caused a momentary lack of visibility.

S@X PM is still streamed, just not by GIMR. Absolutely nothing has changed.

waterlong

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9153-3347
..what is this "Project M"?

*nervously glances side to side in fear of Nintendo ninjas*
Project M is a mod for smash bros brawl that makes the game play similarly to competitive smash bros melee.

PM's gonna be back on top in a matter of no time. It's just up to TO's to keep hosting stuff, streamers to keep streaming, and it's still really popular on a casual level. I don't see it dying for a long time.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, why don't we turn to SD Remix in the meantime? At least since it's relatively small-scale and its community is small, Nintendo isn't very aware of it (just keep SDR on the relatively down-low for it to work).

NorCal had a pretty legit SDR tournament recently. You can check it out on glook's YouTube channel.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
I think if we can get PM back on it's feet again it can go back to the way it was if not better. I understand the fear that made so many community members stop supporting it but it's not as bad as everyone thinks. it's not a game stealing Nintendo's properties, It's Brawl, a game made by Nintendo, we just changed it a little bit. Some games even support modding and put the option right on the main menu, If we stopped treating it like taboo it would stop being taboo.

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
I think if we can get PM back on it's feet again it can go back to the way it was if not better. I understand the fear that made so many community members stop supporting it but it's not as bad as everyone thinks. it's not a game stealing Nintendo's properties, It's Brawl, a game made by Nintendo, we just changed it a little bit. Some games even support modding and put the option right on the main menu, If we stopped treating it like taboo it would stop being taboo.
>we just changed it a little bit
>a little bit

Understatement of the century.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Whether or not it is allowed is the sole discretion of the content creator. There's room for journalism, parody, and the like, but full-blown derivative works done without permission are another thing. I'm not here to debate what's legal or not, I just see it as a matter or principle and integrity. If you respected Nintendo as intellectual owners, you'd at least ask their permission. Some companies might allow or encourage modding or hacking, but that was their decision. Silence on a matter does not always equal permission.

So, go ahead and flame me or whatever. I am ambivalent towards PM and I wish you guys well. I don't agree with the premise of the project, but it's not my problem and I don't even play PM, anyway. I'm more than happy to leave you guys alone 90% of the time. I just came into this thread to see what the news post was about and I saw a comment that really seemed misguided, so I felt like I could help with some perspective.

NTG

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does finds out about Project M.
lol at the thought that they don't know about it yet.

that said, it's less about it not being allowed typically (just look at Counterstrike, DayZ, dozens of others) and more about Nintendo not supporting it.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
i hope they talk about reverting pm 3.5 to 3.02
I know some of the changes were wierd and unnecessary and I feel were only made for the sake of being diffrent Like warios grab not having a animation and squirtles side B

LiamBarrak1999

Smash Rookie
I hate all the "this game is dead" nonsense.

Nothing really happened, except for VGBC and like 2 majors dropping it.
That is almost nothing. It just caused a momentary lack of visibility.

S@X PM is still streamed, just not by GIMR. Absolutely nothing has changed.
So, then what channel is streaming S@X PM?

D

Deleted member

You know what could help Project M right now? Provide some information on what plans they'll have for 4.0, which (might) come out as early as the end of this year.

SleezyWeezel

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0404-7056-2030
Ugh, way to go Nintendo for trying to kill off something great. Honestly if Brawl wasn't so terrible none of this would happen lmao.

Top Bottom