• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
This, I already posted, and its not original... BUT! I decided to make a mock up of it... By that I mean put a pg N64 on R.O.B's head. Looks kind of choppy... And I thought the N64 game could be Super Smash Bros. To indicate the charge of the beam, it would just flash red. Kind of like how Ivysaur has the glow on it body/bulb.
Kind of big...
vVTiWk7bomFF.png

Shin F.

Smash Master
This, I already posted, and its not original... BUT! I decided to make a mock up of it... By that I mean put a pg N64 on R.O.B's head. Looks kind of choppy... And I thought the N64 game could be Super Smash Bros. To indicate the charge of the beam, it would just flash red. Kind of like how Ivysaur has the glow on it body/bulb.
Kind of big...
View attachment 77008
Someone on KC-MM actually did some costumes of several consoles a while back, including the N64.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I dunno about the head swaps, but I do love the idea of recolors based on consoles.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I kinda want to see what that would look like. Can someone make a mock up a that?
Did someone say crappy concept art?
crap.png

The colour is a bit off, and it all depends on how they do it. They could just plop on a texture, or, most likely, add some modely stuff underneath his layer, having to add and remove stuff to keep under the polygon limit.
Potentially less crappy version:
MenSelchrFaceB.png

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So if Peach ever gets an aerial Down-B move, what do you guys think she should do?

Part of me feels like it should just be a Ground Pound with Peach Bomber-esque physics(e.g. you bounce off the person's head if you hit them which can be followed up with floating), but another part of me tell me she should have a move that allows her to have more options, do something she can't do right now.. Think, guys, think!

Shin F.

Smash Master
So if Peach ever gets an aerial Down-B move, what do you guys think she should do?

Part of me feels like it should just be a Ground Pound with Peach Bomber-esque physics(e.g. you bounce off the person's head if you hit them which can be followed up with floating), but another part of me tell me she should have a move that allows her to have more options, do something she can't do right now.. Think, guys, think!
Parasol Bash?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Maybe she could do her grounded Down-B in mid-air, but with her turnips could be replaced with Birdo Eggs that do half the damage as normal turnips..?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I think Nanobuds is iffy about Purple Captain Falcon. I love it, especially the no scarf part, but it is very similar to Falcon's current costumes. I've always tried to speculate on how to improve it, but since it's based off of Smash 64 Falcon, there isn't much room for change. Any ideas for improvement?

I would also very much love to see blue Captain become even more like it was in Melee (it looked like delicious candy) but I understand why they wouldn't, given Brawl's art-style.
Maybe she could do her grounded Down-B in mid-air, but with her turnips could be replaced with Birdo Eggs that do half the damage as normal turnips..?
I don't know how feasible additional new items are...
What if it was only used as a vertical recovery? On input, she would fall quickly, and on landing, pluck a turnip? Then the animations wouldn't be weird, it'd be comfortable for Peach mains in terms of pluckage, and it would make her air-support even more overpowered than it already is!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Well for the Captain 64 alt, they should make split in his collar to match the original one in game. The art for Captain Falcon is different than the in game model for Smash 64 .
http://www.great-wall-of-china.org/captainfalcon.org/Images/Photo Gallery Pictures/Falcon_ssb.PNG
I would say make the gloves and collar a little more red-orange/brighter than they are, and we should be good.
Peach's down b in air could be her ground pound from Mario party, but idk. Her down throw already references it.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Well for the Captain 64 alt, they should make split in his collar to match the original one in game. The art for Captain Falcon is different than the in game model for Smash 64 .
http://www.great-wall-of-china.org/captainfalcon.org/Images/Photo Gallery Pictures/Falcon_ssb.PNG
I would say make the gloves and collar a little more red-orange/brighter than they are, and we should be good.
Peach's down b in air could be her ground pound from Mario party, but idk. Her down throw already references it.
How the heck does "great-wall-of-china.org" get Captain Falcon?
Comparison for the lazy:

His upper coat is completely almost completely different! It could be because of the way they did things back then, a lot of symmetrical textures, the team could potentially redesign his coat to be more symmetrical. Though making his orange a bit more reddish orange would be cool too.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Personally, I'd just get rid of it. I know people like their nostalgia, but this is another Melee Peach situation, except it somehow got added despite it.

Either that or change the colors enough to still look like 64 Falcon, but vastly different from the default Brawl Falcon. Make it a proper Purple costume.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
How the heck does "great-wall-of-china.org" get Captain Falcon?
Comparison for the lazy:

His upper coat is completely almost completely different! It could be because of the way they did things back then, a lot of symmetrical textures, the team could potentially redesign his coat to be more symmetrical. Though making his orange a bit more reddish orange would be cool too.
Though it may be really similar to the normal Captain Falcon, I think it still works fine the way it is as a purple recolor.

And I don't really see where you guys are getting reddish-orange from.. The manual artwork for him seems to imply that the inside of his jacket and those sleeve.. Things.. are meant to be the same color as his helmet.

But even Falcon's manual artwork is a little off, given that he has an orange scarf and a brown pistol belt BUT we'll just overlook that for the sake of keeping to the in-game model's textures.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yeah, taking a look at the old 64 model's textures, it almost looks like a suit jacket with muscles. Though it's not very vast, it would help it be a bit more different.

Personally, I'd just get rid of it. I know people like their nostalgia, but this is another Melee Peach situation, except it somehow got added despite it.

Either that or change the colors enough to still look like 64 Falcon, but vastly different from the default Brawl Falcon. Make it a proper Purple costume.
Getting rid of it might be a lot, but I definitely agree that it's super similar to the standard costume.
Though it may be really similar to the normal Captain Falcon, I think it still works fine the way it is as a purple recolor.

And I don't really see where you guys are getting reddish-orange from.. The manual artwork for him seems to imply that the inside of his jacket and those sleeve.. Things.. are meant to be the same color as his helmet.

But even Falcon's manual artwork is a little off, given that he has an orange scarf and a brown pistol belt BUT we'll just overlook that for the sake of keeping to the in-game model's textures.
It's not based off of the artwork, but the Smash 64 model... But I never noticed the colour similarities between the helmet, the collar, and the gloves, I like it! Maybe they could make his skin colour a bit more sickly akin to Melee.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Speaking of Falcon, I'd really like his SNES alt get redone; specifically his helmet and spec. map, or lack thereof.

The current design doesn't capture the shininess of his suit (it looks really flat in comparison) and I really dislike the liberties they took on designing his helmet.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
We just need more specular maps in general.
Zero Suit Samus, I'm lookin' at you, kid!

I kept waiting for the rest of the CSP to load...

Draco, you li'l devil. I'm personally not super fond of the over-spikiness.
Same, The spikiness, looks weird and inconsistent with the rest of his costumes.
Anyway, thanks for posting the image. Nefnoj!
Yea, the Smash 64 needs to be a little bit closer to the actual color, or alternatively, scrap it, and make the Retro Falcon have a color scheme towards Smash 64 captain falcon.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
You know, I was so happy to have more 64 references. But I think you guys might be right. I think if they slightly adapted the collar and changed the shade of that and his gloves to a darker orange it would help, but I really like NinfanNanz NinfanNanz 's idea of scrapping it and making a recolor of Retro Falcon to match.
Rᴏb Rᴏb I don't think their vision is of retro falcon is lacking at all. It's very true to the source only taking liberties on the front fold of his shirt, the shoulder thing, and the helmet. The fold is petty and the shoulder thing could better resemble the source, but it's also not a huge detail. I'll give you the helmet, however, I'll also argue that the alien shape of the source is stupid.

Can we talk Luigi for a second? Since the team is starting to get some new audience chants, I think Luigi's should resemble the old announcer. May that memory never die. I would also love to hear his "YYEEEAAAH" from Super Mario Maker during his 64 taunt.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
You know, I was so happy to have more 64 references. But I think you guys might be right. I think if they slightly adapted the collar and changed the shade of that and his gloves to a darker orange it would help, but I really like NinfanNanz NinfanNanz 's idea of scrapping it and making a recolor of Retro Falcon to match.
I don't like the idea of removing it very much, but I do like the idea of a purple recolour for Retro Falcon. Even though the Cap'n has a lot of costume potential, Retro Falcon is good enough, I think, to just have more recolours. It's simple, classy, and most other costumes ideas that I've seen have a lot of unnecessary detail. That could just be me though. Perhaps the last two slots could go toward pink and purple Retro Falcons?
I have yet to meet a Falcon main who doesn't love the fabulous pink.

Can we talk Luigi for a second? Since the team is starting to get some new audience chants, I think Luigi's should resemble the old announcer. May that memory never die. I would also love to hear his "YYEEEAAAH" from Super Mario Maker during his 64 taunt.
Luigi

Agreed, though "YYEEEAAAH" might fit better for something other than the smug slidey thingy. Maybe if it sweetspots on a particular attack or something. Speaking of our favourite ghost buster, I really want more Poltergust for anything. A Smash taunt, a move, I don't care, but Luigi's Mansion is just so great.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of the Super Mario Maker Luigi taunt. It doesn't come from any games, and it doesn't fit Luigi's attitude in the game whatsoever.

Although with the Smash 64 taunt, I *suppose* it would be hilarious to use it after breaking someone's shield going "YEEEAAAHH.." Right in their faces before sweetspot-Up B-ing them into oblivion. I could add that to my Luigi disrepect taunt repertoire.

I think Retro Falcon should have his helmet emblem removed and just have it painted on his helmet to keep things consistent. It is clearly shown in the F-Zero manual comic to be just a paintjob, and since its the most visible part of Falcon in that whole comic, it should be the one thing they go back and change.

Plus if they make it just a paintjob, think of the possibilities that opens up for more accurate F-Zero pilot cosplays..
<<< (I mean this, I really want this as a Retro Falcon recolor)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
The work that has gone into Samus is fantastic. In particular, I love the Retro suit, but I greatly dislike the changed shoulders.

The old, bladed shoulders looked awesome, very distinct from the other costumes, with a gritty 80's scifi vibe, and had a strong canonical basis, directly resembling her original artwork/comic appearances as well as the sharp features of her modern power suit (but not as flat).
The new, breadloaf shoulders are kinda dumpy and malformed, and don't really reference any design from the Metroid series as far as I can tell.

They make one of the best costumes in PM look unfinished, so it's really strange that they were changed in the first place.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That reminds me so much of Earthbound... Which reminds me, we still need a sweetspot indicator for Ness:

The work that has gone into Samus is fantastic. In particular, I love the Retro suit, but I greatly dislike the changed shoulders.

The old, bladed shoulders looked awesome, very distinct from the other costumes, with a gritty 80's scifi vibe, and had a strong canonical basis, directly resembling her original artwork/comic appearances as well as the sharp features of her modern power suit (but not as flat).
The new, breadloaf shoulders are kinda dumpy and malformed, and don't really reference any design from the Metroid series as far as I can tell.

They make one of the best costumes in PM look unfinished, so it's really strange that they were changed in the first place.
I love your use of the words "breadloaf" and "dumpy", hahaha.
I always thought the same! I tried to change it myself, but lazy.

They also give a very bizarre sense of visual direction, compared to the bladed shoulders, and look a bit odd in contrast to the rounded arms, making her look super lumpy all over the place.

The slits along the new shoulders look more organized however, and have cool ridges along the bottom.

Nanobuds, you worked on those, aye?

Last edited:

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Now we have to answer the worst dilemma of them all: should her hair be in a bun or out?
The hair should definitely be out. If the bun would be anything similar to her Brawl hair then I don't really like that one especially in comparison to her PM hair.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
What if the Delfino Secret stage used a .rel file from Smashville and the other slots for the random stages were filled with the other secret levels from Sunshine, without changing the collisions and such, just the background?

Also:
KingJigglypuff said:
For years, we at the PMDT have meant to make Snake loop a certain taunt. http://gfycat.com/UniformGenuineIsabellineshrike

Alongside making it move a little. http://gfycat.com/SeriousSneakyAsianwaterbuffalo

Expect these edits to be in a future PM update.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
He dunnit:

What if the Delfino Secret stage used a .rel file from Smashville and the other slots for the random stages were filled with the other secret levels from Sunshine, without changing the collisions and such, just the background?

Also:
New costumes? New stages? New characters? Naw, none of that matters now, we have our box crawl.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
He dunnit:

New costumes? New stages? New characters? Naw, none of that matters now, we have our box crawl.
That daisy skin needs to be tanner before we put her head on that modern Daisy model. & I don't know if people even want the fedora to return when we have other hats for Pika.

EDIT: I just discovered that Fox's victory theme was actually based off of the Star Fox 64 title screen theme, so I just looked on Youtube to find the actual victory music from the game.. And it turns out that while it's too long to be a proper Smash victory theme, it does have something the regular theme doesn't. The military drums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuB1S_avUWw

I would really like to see a PM-made remix of the Star Fox victory made a little longer so we can enjoy it more, the current one is so quick.

Though that probably won't happen because of how quick Fox's victory theme ends.. But my inner OCD dies due to the fact that not all the victory fanfares aren't based on their in-game victory themes.. Or closest equivalent if we're talking bad guys.

Like the Pokemon could have a mix of the Trainer and Gym Leader victory themes for their wins, Peach could have from SMB when you rescue her, and so many others could have unique themes.. But alas, hardware limitations..

Last edited:

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
So I was playing some PM recently and I noticed that Roy has his sheathe on him now. I remember in Melee he didnt, only in promo art. And then it dawned on me as I was playing Ganondorf and landed a sword taunt attack Ganonslam and noticed that he would look a lot cooler if he had his sheathe.
He had one in TP so it would not be a stretch in any way and would bring more legitimacy to his model.
And in case you were wondering "What about his OoT model? TP's sheathe would not fit OoT sword."
I did some research and figured out something:

In a way. OoT Gdorf does have a sheathe! Albeit its for a dagger but the element could still be applied on a larger scale.
And with OoT having multiple styles differing from concept to promo to in game and so on. Its really not much compromise to the designs integrity.

Maybe at the very least use the HW sword for both models.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
So I was playing some PM recently and I noticed that Roy has his sheathe on him now. I remember in Melee he didnt, only in promo art. And then it dawned on me as I was playing Ganondorf and landed a sword taunt attack Ganonslam and noticed that he would look a lot cooler if he had his sheathe.
He had one in TP so it would not be a stretch in any way and would bring more legitimacy to his model.
And in case you were wondering "What about his OoT model? TP's sheathe would not fit OoT sword."
I did some research and figured out something:

In a way. OoT Gdorf does have a sheathe! Albeit its for a dagger but the element could still be applied on a larger scale.
And with OoT having multiple styles differing from concept to promo to in game and so on. Its really not much compromise to the designs integrity.

Maybe at the very least use the HW sword for both models.

If dorf used his sword in anyway outside of the taunt attack i'd be all for it

but really it's just something he's supposed to pull out and quickly tuck away once done with ala Ness and his bat.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I wonder if it'd be too much trouble to make Luigi's blue recolor act as Ice Luigi.. Maybe replace his fire with ice effects?

Ehh, maybe that'd be too much work.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I wonder if it'd be too much trouble to make Luigi's blue recolor act as Ice Luigi.. Maybe replace his fire with ice effects?

Too much trouble? Probably not, actually, I'm not sure how Luigi's file size is doing, but I'm pretty sure it has plenty of room, but I think that goes under the scope of the Team Coloured Costume rule.
They also don't want to give very many costumes specific special stuff, my bet is to make sure they don't have to remove it when adding to character thingies, making people sad.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey

I would love this for him and Mario. I did that in my custom build back when I did that stuff. But I'd honestly rather them do the fancy magic that lets characters have more than 10 slots so Mario can get back his Wario color, add the ice color, and maybe a color based on Mario Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom