• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
So heres something I did for fun. Ive been hoping for a "Hybrid" Ganondorf mod mixing both TP and OoT. I think having some more original style outfits would look cool. If I could model edit I would have done this along time ago. So maybe an idea akin to this would be cool.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I used to want Kirby to have his hat colour changed based off of his palette swap. Now I realize that it could get very confusing for matches with Mario, Luigi, and Wario. It could work for other characters though.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I want Luigi's green fire effects to get a bit more attention. It's a good start to have him using green fire, but now they need to focus on making it look less like a few tacked on flames in certain places around him.

Also, the PMDT wizards need to find a way to make the Green flames appear as Fire-Element moves by the game, so they can actually affect items the same way regular fire affects them.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I want Luigi's green fire effects to get a bit more attention. It's a good start to have him using green fire, but now they need to focus on making it look less like a few tacked on flames in certain places around him.

Also, the PMDT wizards need to find a way to make the Green flames appear as Fire-Element moves by the game, so they can actually affect items the same way regular fire affects them.
Or just increase the range of effects that affect the two items in question, but I don't know if that's possible, and it's definitely not very important...

I'm a casual who plays with items though.

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
So heres something I did for fun. Ive been hoping for a "Hybrid" Ganondorf mod mixing both TP and OoT. I think having some more original style outfits would look cool. If I could model edit I would have done this along time ago. So maybe an idea akin to this would be cool.

GIMME! GIMMEGIMMEGIMME! (Translation: That is Freaking Awesome, I want it!)

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I've been looking on the Smashwiki/thinking..

Pit has some of his moves updated in PM to resemble his Smash 4 animations.. I'm interested in seeing what else they could take inspiration from in Smash 4..

Some of the things that I really would like to see made in PM are:
  • The U-Smash for Peach getting the pink ribbon twirling around her during the spin part of the animation, and the Rainbow trail for her U-Air(and maybe her running animation updated to resemble the running animation from Super Mario 3D World)
  • Luigi getting his Scuttle jump animation for jumping
  • and Yoshi getting the rainbow trail added to his Egg Toss/Up-B(Or even getting a cross-hair from his game series to show up where the Egg hits its highest arc or where it will land if aimed downwards).

Also I had a funny idea where the second-last costume(after he gets the classic orange recolor) he gets would be just him wearing an eyepiece designed to resemble one of the Held Lens items in Pokemon games(also to resemble a certain anime character).. But it probably wouldn't actually make sense to people, because the Held Lens in Pokemon are designed to be, well, held.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
GUYS.

I've been looking on the Smashwiki/thinking..

Pit has some of his moves updated in PM to resemble his Smash 4 animations.. I'm interested in seeing what else they could take inspiration from in Smash 4..

Some of the things that I really would like to see made in PM are:
  • The U-Smash for Peach getting the pink ribbon twirling around her during the spin part of the animation, and the Rainbow trail for her U-Air(and maybe her running animation updated to resemble the running animation from Super Mario 3D World)
  • Luigi getting his Scuttle jump animation for jumping
  • and Yoshi getting the rainbow trail added to his Egg Toss/Up-B(Or even getting a cross-hair from his game series to show up where the Egg hits its highest arc or where it will land if aimed downwards).

Also I had a funny idea where the second-last costume(after he gets the classic orange recolor) he gets would be just him wearing an eyepiece designed to resemble one of the Held Lens items in Pokemon games(also to resemble a certain anime character).. But it probably wouldn't actually make sense to people, because the Held Lens in Pokemon are designed to be, well, held.
The Crosshair thing would be cool, I like the scuttle jump, but for the rest, I'd rather not... And it's a bit iffy for them to take so much inspiration from Smash 4.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
GUYS.

The Crosshair thing would be cool, I like the scuttle jump, but for the rest, I'd rather not... And it's a bit iffy for them to take so much inspiration from Smash 4.
I love the witch hat and the crown the best. The Duskull one would be my favorite after those two, although the Gengar and Golbat ones are neat, as well.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey Nanobuds Nanobuds ! I've complained about this like fifty times, but never actually considered that there's a reason behind it - why did black Olimar quit smoking? He looked good.
MenSelchrFaceB.244.png

Also what is the coolest thing
I love the witch hat and the crown the best. The Duskull one would be my favorite after those two, although the Gengar and Golbat ones are neat, as well.
The Golbat one is my favourite. HE'S GOT A TEENY TOP HAT, GLOVES, POINTY TEETH, it's perfect.

This reminds me - it'd be cool if they made Jigglypuff's fairy wings flutter.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Yeah, those other Smash 4 things were just things I really liked. I don't care at the moment how stupid those ideas sounded.

Well, here's a seperate idea. I've wanted to hear Donkey Kong's original arcade sound effects for some move DK uses, though I haven't been sure what for.

His item pickup SFX could be used when he grabs an item like say.. Peach's turnips. And the falling sound when he gets dropped at the end of Donkey Kong could be used for when he gets footstooled.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I just wanted to come in here and say how much I like the idea of DK using some arcade sound effects. And I've had another idea for DK for quite some time now. It'd be amazing if a taunt input during the sweetspot of his Fair had him say "Banana Slamma!"

I can't be the only one for whom the sheer novelty of such a thing would overcome how ridiculous and out of place it would be, right?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I just wanted to come in here and say how much I like the idea of DK using some arcade sound effects. And I've had another idea for DK for quite some time now. It'd be amazing if a taunt input during the sweetspot of his Fair had him say "Banana Slamma!"

I can't be the only one for whom the sheer novelty of such a thing would overcome how ridiculous and out of place it would be, right?
Banana Slamma was such a cheesy catchphrase. Also its apparent that in that whole show the Kongs were talking in their own language.

In Mario vs. Donkey Kong, he only speaks English when he's by himself, and when Mario talks to him, he just makes gorilla sounds.

Also I think DK's dance to the boom box in Donkey Kong Country would be a way better Smash taunt than his dance in DK64.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Also I think DK's dance to the boom box in Donkey Kong Country would be a way better Smash taunt than his dance in DK64.
Eh...Diddy's much more associated with boomboxes than DK is, though. At least with DK's dance taunt, it's something he is associated with (though I'd honestly love for him to pull out his coconut gun instead).

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Eh...Diddy's much more associated with boomboxes than DK is, though. At least with DK's dance taunt, it's something he is associated with (though I'd honestly love for him to pull out his coconut gun instead).
I didn't say he should have a boom box with him, I just said I like his dance. He moves around a lot more in his DK Country dance than the 64 dance, where he slightly moves his arms and hips.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

This is so stupid... But I love it. They'd probably have to change it to fit Brawl's Donkey Kong iteration though, lots of sound manipulation.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If you're going to use arcade sound effects, use Donkey Kong Jr. ones. Since everyone should know, DK is DK Jr. grown up. Plus the sound quality is simply better.

In particular I could see that springy jump sound effect being used for a footstool.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
If you're going to use arcade sound effects, use Donkey Kong Jr. ones. Since everyone should know, DK is DK Jr. grown up. Plus the sound quality is simply better.

In particular I could see that springy jump sound effect being used for a footstool.
I love the idea... But I don't know if it'll fit. Nintendo made Donkey Kong super gorilla-y, not only in sounds, but in movements, actions, stuff like that, an electronic sound coming from someone who's pure muscle might be off. Then again - similar sounds come from both Mario and Sonic, I believe.

Rage83

Smash Ace
So the way the Brawl engine is now, can characters only have 2 Victory animations?
Characters have 3 victory animations. The only exception to this is PM Ivysaur, who has two unique win animations, and a copy of one placed over the Pokemon Trainer petting animation.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
For Halloween, they should release an optional addon that makes every standard palette orange and black, just for kicks.

Wouldn't work for team colours though... Unless it temporarily replaced only red swaps.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I think a bunch of the characters should become skeletons for Halloween. Not like, all human skeletons, just their own skeletons like what Smash 64 did with electric attacks.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
seeing as this is a thread focusing on the cosmetic side of things, i'd like to suggest something concerning Ganon's moves.

would anyone object to the PMDT reverting to the fire/explosions effects on Ganon's Uptilt, but keep the move exactly the same as it is now in every other aspect? I kind of miss the satisfaction of a good read by dropping a firey foot, the lightning stomp just isn't as fulfilling IMO.

I also came back to this thread to suggest exactly this

are you a wizard

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Just give him the ability to charge his up tilt to get Melee's up tilt and a way to delay it.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Just give him the ability to charge his up tilt to get Melee's up tilt and a way to delay it.
because I think everyone and their grandmother prefers a feasible move you don't have to be someone like Bizzaro Flame to utilize, but still need a decent read to make the most of. All I'm suggesting is that it inherit the cosmetic effects of it's predecessor (kind of like how his Fsmash inherited elements of warlock punch) just for that satisfying and hype explosion effect that his old uptilt is infamous for.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
because I think everyone and their grandmother prefers a feasible move you don't have to be someone like Bizzaro Flame to utilize, but still need a decent read to make the most of. All I'm suggesting is that it inherit the cosmetic effects of it's predecessor (kind of like how his Fsmash inherited elements of warlock punch) just for that satisfying and hype explosion effect that his old uptilt is infamous for.
An explosion effect for such a simple move would be overkill and what you'd expect from God PSAs and such.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
simple move
but it's not. It's still one of Ganon's more difficult attacks to utilize, is a crazy-satisfying attack to land and, hell, it's actually stronger than the Brawl version of the volcano kick. but okay, maybe the explosion is overkill for what it is now.

maybe change it so that it only fires up if it actually hits... like a meteor attack, just, obviously with no meteor effect.

I dunno man I just miss the fire

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Maybe some other boss/rival-type characters should start getting the Bowser treatment by having their hurt animations from their classic games..

I'm not sure who would have the most suitable games for this though.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Maybe some other boss/rival-type characters should start getting the Bowser treatment by having their hurt animations from their classic games..

I'm not sure who would have the most suitable games for this though.
boss/rival types, so like 5 characters? lol

Plus the only ones with real hurt animations in their games are D3, Ganon and MK iirc

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
boss/rival types, so like 5 characters? lol

Plus the only ones with real hurt animations in their games are D3, Ganon and MK iirc
yeah.. Wolf doesn't have anything to base animations off of..

HEY WAIT

What if Pokemon blink when they get hit and knocked back, just like when they get hit with an attack in their games? It would just be a matter of taking Ganondorf's roll animation effects without the purple overlay!!

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
yeah.. Wolf doesn't have anything to base animations off of..

HEY WAIT

What if Pokemon blink when they get hit and knocked back, just like when they get hit with an attack in their games? It would just be a matter of taking Ganondorf's roll animation effects without the purple overlay!!
That would be interesting to try out but the thing is that Pokemon blinking from damage was for the sprite games, the 3d games actually had them flinch. Lol I feel like most people would think their game is glitching out or something if that was implemented X)

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
That would be interesting to try out but the thing is that Pokemon blinking from damage was for the sprite games, the 3d games actually had them flinch. Lol I feel like most people would think their game is glitching out or something if that was implemented X)
Maybe. But I imagine most people will know it's intentional if they've played or even seen the Pokemon games.

Besides, in the later 2D Pokemon games, their blinking was designed to show that they were taking damage.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Would look completely out of place, and then you'd have a problem with multihit moves.

I don't see anything wrong with the currents hurt animations.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
When you said blinking, I thought you meant in terms of their eyes closing, heheheh.

The idea of it is cool, but gameplay-wise, it might be too farty and confusing. Though I wonder if there are many animations and effects that could be changed to be akin to the actual Pokémon effects, like how sweetspots on Ness' forward Smash need to go SMAAAAASH. Come on, Project M, you know you love me.

Also, want to point out more ideas that were here once that Al George Romo replicated:

This image isn't too big for a spoiler tag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom