• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Well, originally they didn't want to do the same things Smash 4 did so they wouldn't get a C&D from Nintendo.. But I guess since Nintendo announced recently that they'll allow people to modify their games as long as they're for free, that might change some rules.
I believe the main reason they're not adding Smash 4 content is due to respect: Nobody'll buy Smash Bros. for the Wii U if everything they want is on Project M.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Dad Bowser is from that Japanese Sm4sh commercial. Would also FREAKING LOVE the costume Tink has in it with the top hat and stuff.. also Meowser is love Meowser is life
Hipster bowser needs to happen..

I believe the main reason they're not adding Smash 4 content is due to respect: Nobody'll buy Smash Bros. for the Wii U if everything they want is on Project M.
I still hope years from now PM will get a sequel on the wii u that all pm exclusive and smash 4 exclusives can combine and the game can be pretty instead of hideous.

I still think PMBR should add a james alt for fox with his shades.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I still hope years from now PM will get a sequel on the wii u that all pm exclusive and smash 4 exclusives can combine and the game can be pretty instead of hideous.

Project M on the Wii U would be BEAUTIFUL!! (Though "hideous" is rather a strong word for Smash Bros. on the Wii U, haha)
And you, my good friend, might want to look up "Project M: Unlocked". The guy made a James McCloud costume, and it's FABULOUS!!

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman

They should add the Glasses in the same way they did for Squirtle's shades

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
With team colors for Pajama Ness, OoT Ganondorf, Shogun D3, and Pajama Tink, I was actually kinda disappointed with the lack of a blue and green Beta Knight (I'd totally play a dark-blue Beta Knight), as well as recolors for Masked Man Lucas (mostly because I like his sword f-smash significantly more than the branch, but hate the color scheme of the regular Masked Man suit).

Fingers crossed for future builds.

also realized that there's space for team colors for OoT Zelda/Sheik too. In fact, there are a lot of characters that have space for alt team colors.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
i give you all, DDDerp

WHAT

HAPPENED.
With team colors for Pajama Ness, OoT Ganondorf, Shogun D3, and Pajama Tink, I was actually kinda disappointed with the lack of a blue and green Beta Knight (I'd totally play a dark-blue Beta Knight), as well as recolors for Masked Man Lucas (mostly because I like his sword f-smash significantly more than the branch, but hate the color scheme of the regular Masked Man suit).

Fingers crossed for future builds.
I think there are some characters that some team colours would
also realized that there's space for team colors for OoT Zelda/Sheik too. In fact, there are a lot of characters that have space for alt team colors.
I think that some characters having Team colours would be perfect, for instance, Retro Captain Falcon, Retro Pit, and as you said, Ocarina of Time Zelda and Shiek... But I don't think that should be done with EVERY costume, it could easily be done with Mr. L, Beta Meta Knight... But I've seen a few team colours for them on the vault that just don't look very good, so I have trouble seeing it being done well.
I saw a Masked Man Lucas on the vault making his coat black and his hair red, like the Claus recolour, it was awesome.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Hey guys

Y'know how PMDT said they made reference to the outfits Fighting-type trainers wear in Pokemon for Lucario's different colored fighting gi?

Well I just had a genius idea;

What if we just made one based off this gi?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey guys

Y'know how PMDT said they made reference to the outfits Fighting-type trainers wear in Pokemon for Lucario's different colored fighting gi?

Well I just had a genius idea;

What if we just made one based off this gi?
It could be an extra color, yeah.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Some kid scratched his disk and posted images and a video.

He scratched his disc.

He scratched his disc.

HE BLOOMIN' SCRATCHED HIS DISC.

How - what?! Anytime I scratch any of my discs, you know what I get?! AN UNPLAYABLE GAME!! AND SOME KID GETS THE BETTER VERSION FOR SCRATCHING HIS DISC?!! I am so jealous right now.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I made a thing, that's like, the Mewtwo, but not the Mewtwo? It's like, whatever, I totally photoshopped the armour, but, like, you know, used the yellow Brawl texture and gray Project M texture or whatever.

I want to, like, make an evil version? That uses Brawl red and, like, super dark armour? But, like, I gotta go to bed or whatever, I gotta go to freakin' class tomorrow 'cause it's totally stupid and laaaame.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Project M on the Wii U would be BEAUTIFUL!! (Though "hideous" is rather a strong word for Smash Bros. on the Wii U, haha)
And you, my good friend, might want to look up "Project M: Unlocked". The guy made a James McCloud costume, and it's FABULOUS!!
The wii u smash is beautiful I just think brawl an pm look hideous due to the wii just looking like crap.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Am I the only one hoping we still get Super Kong iterations of DK/Diddy? It annoys me every time I see that stupid white Kong with red tie.

Shin F.

Smash Master
He scratched his disc.

He scratched his disc.

HE BLOOMIN' SCRATCHED HIS DISC.

How - what?! Anytime I scratch any of my discs, you know what I get?! AN UNPLAYABLE GAME!! AND SOME KID GETS THE BETTER VERSION FOR SCRATCHING HIS DISC?!! I am so jealous right now.
It's not a scratched disc - things like that aren't caused from scratches, no way. From what I heard, it's just a defective copy of the game.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
It's not a scratched disc - things like that aren't caused from scratches, no way. From what I heard, it's just a defective copy of the game.
Someone I know thinks it's edited.Sounds highly unlikely to me.The stuff is just too random.I mean some things are re-used,like stretched limbs,but,like DeDeDe for instance...
The guy's got some imagination if he dreamed this up.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Someone I know thinks it's edited.Sounds highly unlikely to me.The stuff is just too random.I mean some things are re-used,like stretched limbs,but,like DeDeDe for instance...
The guy's got some imagination if he dreamed this up.
Oh, no, that's quite possible. A lot of the effects in these pictures could probably be achieved pretty easily by moving and scaling the characters' bones or by modifying their materials. It's just that the Wii U hasn't really been hacked yet, so if that's the case, it's impressive that he figured out how to mod the game already.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Oh, no, that's quite possible. A lot of the effects in these pictures could probably be achieved pretty easily by moving and scaling the characters' bones or by modifying their materials. It's just that the Wii U hasn't really been hacked yet, so if that's the case, it's impressive that he figured out how to mod the game already.
Oh yes,that's another point I thought of,but then forgot.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I made one for Donkey Kong, want it? I'd make one for Diddy if I had something to base it off of.
I know there are unofficial recolors, I'm more referring to the idea of having these officially released into the game. I've managed to locate the .pac files for both of them overtime, though if you wanted a reference for yourself.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I know there are unofficial recolors, I'm more referring to the idea of having these officially released into the game. I've managed to locate the .pac files for both of them overtime, though if you wanted a reference for yourself.

Yeah, agreed, they really should, especially since the blue boxing recolour uses the blue. I'll try my hand at Diddy, thanks! I never noticed how the skin's a bit more tan than usual.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah, agreed, they really should, especially since the blue boxing recolour uses the blue. I'll try my hand at Diddy, thanks! I never noticed how the skin's a bit more tan than usual.
That could just be because of the colors used in DKCReturns, but your guess is as good as mine.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
In light of the Jet Set Radio cosplay, the only costume that would really work for Diddy would be a Banjo cosplay inspired by his fellow racer in Diddy Kong Racing.

Diddy needs some kind of nod to that game and the cosplay would work better than anything else people have thought of for costumes.

Both characters often wear backpacks too.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
In light of the Jet Set Radio cosplay, the only costume that would really work for Diddy would be a Banjo cosplay inspired by his fellow racer in Diddy Kong Racing.

Diddy needs some kind of nod to that game and the cosplay would work better than anything else people have thought of for costumes.

Both characters often wear backpacks too.
I suggested that a while ago too, haha! Each character can have ten palette swaps, right? It would be a dream come true if he had a Banjo, Conker, Timber and Bumper costume, and it wouldn't be TOO farfetched given that Banjo was, according to Didyouknowgaming.com, considered for the first Smash Bros. Though, if anything, they're more likely to do Bumper, Timber, and Crunch as team colours, they'd have to be really clever with making Timber's blue stand out though. I have no clue who the fourth Diddy Kong racer should be.
They could also do a Taj and Wizpig costume, leaving room for two more palettes.

We cant do Banjo though for an official PM release
How come? I know that Microsoft owns the property rights... But would that be enough to stop the Project M development team?

Last edited:

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
How come? I know that Microsoft owns the property rights... But would that be enough to stop the Project M development team?
Sega already had influence in Smash and the Jet Set Costume is already an official costume for sonic, Mirosoft on the other hand would be more inclined to try and issue C&D

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I was reading some posts requesting Pichu as an alt for Pikachu and this idea came to my mind.

Pikachu wearing this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom