• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I love the Results Screen. It's very digital looking. It fits Project M nicely. I still prefer 64's with a black background, but this is still extremely nice-looking.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
They made it black to mimic Melee.

This one keeps the dark aspect of simplicity but makes it look more visually appealing.

Additionally, certain Victory poses (Like Lucas pulling a needle out of the ground) will look much better rather than having weird floating objects.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I obviously meant a better one...

> lsteam.proboards.com/thread/224
This thing?

That's not what I would call a better screen. Don't get me wrong - it looks cool. The problem is that it's far too bright and busy. The layout and imagery is fine, but the background is just too much. It's over-designed.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
They made it black to mimic Melee.

This one keeps the dark aspect of simplicity but makes it look more visually appealing.

Additionally, certain Victory poses (Like Lucas pulling a needle out of the ground) will look much better rather than having weird floating objects.
I guess, but it's too similar to Melee for me to be completely won over. I understand that this is obviously a tribute to Melee, but they did say the M no longer stood for that, right? The results screen isn't bad by any means, I just wish it was a little more definitive in terms of PM being treated as a separate game. Definitely right about the Lucas thing though.

Still wishing for a 64-inspired confetti and sepia party though haha

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
If the layout became anything even close to that I'll Kreygasm

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I guess, but it's too similar to Melee for me to be completely won over. I understand that this is obviously a tribute to Melee, but they did say the M no longer stood for that, right? The results screen isn't bad by any means, I just wish it was a little more definitive in terms of PM being treated as a separate game. Definitely right about the Lucas thing though.

Still wishing for a 64-inspired confetti and sepia party though haha
Well, before 3.5 is completely black. That's what I was talking about as an ode to Melee.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I was wondering; Is it possible to add a code or script to the game to make characters have their own unique Shield like Yoshi's Egg Shield?
EDIT: Sorry for slight Off-Topicness, but I was thinking it could be implemented into certain characters. Although not necessarily unique costumes.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I was wondering; Is it possible to add a code or script to the game to make characters have their own unique Shield like Yoshi's Egg Shield?
EDIT: Sorry for slight Off-Topicness, but I was thinking it could be implemented into certain characters. Although not necessarily unique costumes.
Good question

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm no expert on this, but you might be able to add a graphic via PSA. I know there's a Ness PSA that has his PSI Magnet graphic on shield.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24075
Not sure if it shows in the video preview. I might take a pic of it, though, just to show it.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm no expert on this, but you might be able to add a graphic via PSA. I know there's a Ness PSA that has his PSI Magnet graphic on shield.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24075

Not sure if it shows in the video preview. I might take a pic of it, though, just to show it.
lol magician Ness

Anyway, I ask the question because after seeing the trailer for Pokeen Tag Arcade or whatever its called's trailer on the Home Page, it made me think that Lucario needs an Aura force for a Shield replacement.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
It also got me thinking what other characters could use their own shields. But that's something worth another thread post, if there is any characters that have an in-universe shield replacement.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Mario/Luigi could have thee bubbles from Co-OP New Super Mario Bros. Lol.
I was actually thinking that. Lol except they're basically the same as Smash shields.
I was thinking it would be super hype if certain characters like Link, Pit, or Swordsmen could use their actual shields. But that would probably be a terribe idea.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I was actually thinking that. Lol except they're basically the same as Smash shields.
I was thinking it would be super hype if certain characters like Link, Pit, or Swordsmen could use their actual shields. But that would probably be a terribe idea.
It has to be something that protects on all sides, if anything. Here's what Ness' shield looks like in that PSA, btw. Interesting note I didn't know - it has windboxes on it that push enemies away. Guess they can do more than I thought with them. Still, I wouldn't change shields in functionality. Changing their appearance as a funny easter egg would be fine, though, I think.
al_140826_1726.jpg

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
The results screen is cool, definitely not a hype-generating tuesday, but cool nonetheless. Also this makes me realise how spoiled we are, wanting costume after costume, shame on us:[

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
It has to be something that protects on all sides, if anything. Here's what Ness' shield looks like in that PSA, btw. Interesting note I didn't know - it has windboxes on it that push enemies away. Guess they can do more than I thought with them. Still, I wouldn't change shields in functionality. Changing their appearance as a funny easter egg would be fine, though, I think.
Windboxes? I think you mean winboxes.

On a serious note though, isn't there an actual PSI Shield move in Mother/Earthbound? I'd like to see a unique looking shield for Ness/Lucas, not a PSI Magnet sprite, it would be confusing I imagine.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I expected a render, where is the HD render of the new results screen PMDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom