• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm oddly surprised and excited for Big Boss as a Snake alt. I didn't think it would happen, because everybody said it couldn't be done.. HA. IT HAPPENED NON-BELIEVERS.
So it looks pretty friggin sexy.
How many of Snake's moves have new models for his Naked Snake attire?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Needs a "Kept you waiting, huh?" Taunt before it's truely complete
I feel like he says it at the start of a game, but all I hear is him murmur something and 'huh..'
PMDT needs to turn that volume up if that's the case.
Also I'm thinking I'm gonna make a sketchup of a Rock Climbers alt.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I hope this comes off as constructive and not offensive, but I think Snake's knee could use a touch up. The texture looks pretty nasty stretched during crouch.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
First post in this thread.
If I'm correct, you can request an alternate costume for a character?

Goku on Lucario. Seriously, there are like none on Brawlvault .

Another idea, Squirtle with his shades.

Last idea, roughed up variants of Fox/Falco. Torn jackets, dented boots, scarring across the arms and fur/feathers on face in a frizzy mess.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I have to go with Psykid. This one's much better.
This one's head isn't the size of a Galapagos Tortoise.
...Their heads aren't even different sizes and the other one is a hardly changed texture that doesn't even look that impressive. Not sure what you guys are talking about.

But eh, opinions. They're different. Agree to strongly disagree.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
...Their heads aren't even different sizes and the other one is a hardly changed texture that doesn't even look that impressive. Not sure what you guys are talking about.

But eh, opinions. They're different. Agree to strongly disagree.
All I'm saying is that the one that isn't Mansta's clearly has a tampered model. There's no neck space, and the arms look a little funny. The head just looks funkily sized.

It's a cool premise, but it looks poorly executed.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
All I'm saying is that the one that isn't Mansta's clearly has a tampered model. There's no neck space, and the arms look a little funny. The head just looks funkily sized.

And all I'm saying is that I disagree and think it looks much better than the other one because of how it's changed to be more accurate to the costume it's trying to be. The head doesn't look any different in size at all. You can actually see his forehead, but that's all. I can actually tell from far away that KTH's is supposed to be a Young Link costume while Mansta8's still just looks like Tink to me from far away as I'm playing right now. I find his to be the one that's poorly executed. It looks dull and boring to me while the other one looks weird to you.

Granted, neither one looks "bad" at all. They're both decent submissions. How they're seen in others eyes are just different in this case.

*shrugs* Like I said, opinions. They're different. Let's agree to disagree and move on cause we clearly can't see eye-to-eye here and I'm sure not gonna try to change my mind.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Mine has a sword that breaks after 100 uses, so it's clearly better.

KTH's is seriously good though, his head only looks weird because of the different hair style.

Shin F.

Smash Master

This is only half of it. I think it looks so off to me because it is really meant to look like Young Link. He has the hair, the belt - overall, they're good edits. BUT the problem is that although this is more like Young Link, Young Link doesn't look right with Wind Waker proportions. He doesn't look like Toon Link wearing Young Link's clothes, he looks like a Young Link who's been squished to Toon proportions, and that makes him feel off to me.

Mansta8's, on the other hand, doesn't completely look like Young Link. He's made texture edits and added an Ocarina and slightly changed the boots, but it's still clearly Toon Link - he's just wearing some of Young Link's clothes and equipment. So it doesn't look as off to me because it's not really Young Link - it's just Toon Link wearing his things.

KTH's is still really good, it just looks off to me.

Edit: And after looking through the gallery, I do like it, (the picture you used wasn't exactly the best for showing it off since he looks neckless) but I still prefer Mantsa8's.

A better pic of it:

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
This Young Toon Link is an interesting thing... but I think it's not satisfactory. The problem is not the clothes or the equipment, is the damn big head.

Malion

Smash Ace
I think the toon link with young Link's actual clothes is better... Maybe leave his hair alone though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom