• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
His body is the same shape though, and the same proportions, and technically he's OoT Link, so there's no reason aside from the immense amount of work that this couldn't work.

...I can dream.

Other than the fact that they look completely different. Proportions and the fact that he is the Hero of Time doesn't matter. Alts would probably have to look somewhat similar to the actual characters.

But I mean, if the PMBR allows these kinds of alt costumes, then this would be really awesome.

Dry Bowser is Bowser as bones, I think it's plausible. I'm fine with OoT though because it's gooooooodliiiiiike. (Maybe I'll play more Hyrule characters, though I can probably almost play Random at this point)
The difference is Dry Bowser is a lot more recognizable as Bowser than the Hero's Shade is to OoT Link.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Once again Fierce Deity won't work because he uses a 2-handed sword and has no shield.

The shield has it's own hitbox, and it'd screw with that. Fierce Deity Link with a shield isn't canon so they won't do it. Maybe a color scheme based on him, but not the actual Fierce Deity.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed on the CG render of Oot link that he's holding the Twilight princess Master sword instead of the Ocarina of time one

EDIT: on a side note I feel Outset Link should have the hero's shield instead of the wooded one he's currently using while normal Toon Link should have the mirror shield

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Yeah, that is kinda weird.

Speaking of which, are they going to change Link's Bow and Hookshot? The turbo video showed him using the Clawshot, but I wonder if that's actually the final version.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I have reason to believe that won't be possible because those are in the FitLink.pac and would require duplicating those to make it work. I could be totally wrong about their process, but as far as I know I don't believe it'd be possible or would require a lot more effort.

Malion

Smash Ace
Yeah the wooden shield is odd... he could probably be holding a pig for defense instead imo.

Kidding... as someone who has played 2nd quest a lot I must say I prefer Outset Link and I think that HE should have the mirror shield.... or at least Someone should.

or maybe he could be defending himself with an oversized tingle tuner.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I agree that the Mirror Shield should happen. I'd also like a close-up of that wooden shield...

I have reason to believe that won't be possible because those are in the FitLink.pac and would require duplicating those to make it work. I could be totally wrong about their process, but as far as I know I don't believe it'd be possible or would require a lot more effort.
Doesn't the FitXX.pac also tell the game where to draw sound effects from, or am I totally crazy there?

Fortress

Smash Master
[collapse=A Link to 'dat ass]
Basically, he's the first of them all and where all the other ones come from.

So yeah, he is. People argue otherwise, but it's same damn thing.

Ah, found another version of Justin bailey Samus with a bit more of modern ZSS mixed in there. XD

[/collapse]

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that is kinda weird.

Speaking of which, are they going to change Link's Bow and Hookshot? The turbo video showed him using the Clawshot, but I wonder if that's actually the final version.
I'm pretty sure the only thing they couldn't change would be the bombs as they're in a separate folder but Idk how the whole alt engine works I'm going to just assume they are using two motion.pac files and having each one be loaded separately somehow

but yeah I'm hoping that it's just that they didn't finish it 100% yet as the master sword thing bugs me a little (especially after reading what the PMBR said about doctor mario, looking into his artwork and everything for his design)

Edit: also I feel Oot Link should be a slightly brighter shade of green then the one they chose out for him but maybe that's just me :I

Malion

Smash Ace
Well I assume it's the same as Mario's cape... did they change that to a white one for Doctor Mario?

Another shield Outset Link could use would be the Lobster shield from Phantom Hourglass... I know the outfit and shield never co-exist but it's a similar motif.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
How come you're all ignoring this!? DAT MASK

*this coming from someone who dislikes super paper mario so this is impressive*

Also someone mentioned Star Fox 64 Wolf. I think this could be cool as long as Falco gets a Melee skin as well.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I gotta say, I'm real bummed out about no alt colors for some costumes. Like,if that's the case what's even the point (aside from the obvious effect change in the doc)? Having a single alt costume with no color changes is going to look unprofessional as hell, and also I really wanted to main as purple Outset Link.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Falco's Melee look isn't too different from his Brawl look, but I can understand the appeal as well.

But man, Melee/Star Fox 64 Wolf in Project M would be HYPED!!!!

While we're at it, Ocarina of Time Zelda, Skyward Sword Zelda (obviously cel-shaded), Skyward Sword Link (obviously not cel-shaded), and Captain Falcon: giant nipple version would be awesome! :shades:

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say, I'm real bummed out about no alt colors for some costumes. Like,if that's the case what's even the point (aside from the obvious effect change in the doc)? Having a single alt costume with no color changes is going to look unprofessional as hell, and also I really wanted to main as purple Outset Link.
I agree with this one hundred percent, I'm actually really disappointing in the fact outset link isn't getting any alt colors to me that's as bad as if Oot link didn't get his palettes from melee, just be a major missed opportunity and kind of a insult seeing as they made alt colors for Doc Mario

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Falco's Melee look isn't too different from his Brawl look, but I can understand the appeal as well.

But man, Melee/Star Fox 64 Wolf in Project M would be HYPED!!!!

While we're at it, Ocarina of Time Zelda, Skyward Sword Zelda (obviously cel-shaded), Skyward Sword Link (obviously not cel-shaded), and Captain Falcon: giant nipple version would be awesome! :shades:

Oh man, I hadn't even thought of C. Falc's alt costume yet. It's gotta be something legendary, yeah.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
for C.Falcon I'd like to see Snes C.Falcon as a alt

or this
I know that It's a different person and all but that doesn't mean I can't have a dream lol

splat

Smash Lord
That ain't Falcon.

(Though I agree, Mach Rider should get some love, one of my top hopes for SSB4 - his white/blue suit looks better than his black melee one)

TreK

Is "that guy"
So, I know P:M is heavily and easily customizable... does that mean we get to add alternate costumes to characters who don't have one as easily ?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh man, I hadn't even thought of C. Falc's alt costume yet. It's gotta be something legendary, yeah.
I would imagine something from the old SNES days or his F-Zero GX/AX appearance would be awesome.

Also, a more Melee-esk look, or at least coloring (seriously, everything in Brawl is terribly brown).

Oh, and someone mentioned Mach Rider. If Captain Falcon got Mach Rider colors or an outfit like Mach Rider THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!!

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Where was it stated that Outset Link wouldn't be getting recolours?

I figured only the hat pokemon wouldn't be getting recolours, as per usual. But why would Outset Link only get 1 slot? Seems inconsistent as hell, especially considering PMBR's anal attention to detail.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, it appears I may owe Wave a apology in light of a certain PMBR post. So, unless it's debunked for being toooo out there............
BEGIN THE AWAKENING ROY VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I STILL THINK FE:12 MARTH IS BETTER THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

FE12 Marth confirmed for Smash 4.

Happy now? =D

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Where was it stated that Outset Link wouldn't be getting recolours?

I figured only the hat pokemon wouldn't be getting recolours, as per usual. But why would Outset Link only get 1 slot? Seems inconsistent as hell, especially considering PMBR's anal attention to detail.
this is what is under the picture of outset link on the main project m site "An early shot of Outset Toon Link. This will be a standalone costume without recolors." also I'd just like to point out again that Oot link isn't using the master sword from Oot

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Having a single alt costume with no color changes is going to look unprofessional as hell
Not really. Brawl has irregularities in its the numbers of available costumes per character, and several characters have more than one recolor that isn't used in teams. It'll just be like that again.

I'd be impressed if the modelers pull off a classic-style Wolf, considering there's no reference of Wolf in Star Fox 64 other than a headshot. Maybe it could be based off the Assault Wolf? Just something to make Wolf look closer to Melee Fox.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
this is what is under the picture of outset link on the main project m site "An early shot of Outset Toon Link. This will be a standalone costume without recolors." also I'd just like to point out again that Oot link isn't using the master sword from Oot
Well, that sucks. Still hyped, but was looking forward to all of the awesome recolours :c

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So i think that alts will be hard to choose, awakening marth could be in ssb4 so thats more than enough of a reason to not put him/her in; since it would be like competing with smash 4

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman

FE12 Marth confirmed for Smash 4.

Happy now? =D
his armor seems to be off in color, also armor bits that were near his neck are gone, it's like a weird fusion of brawl Marth and Fe 12 Marth like from the waist area downwards looks just like FE12 then from the belt up is Brawl/Melee Marth

oh well at least my friends will stop making fun of how girly he looked before (maybe, hopefully)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
his armor seems to be off in color, also armor bits that were near his neck are gone, it's like a weird fusion of brawl Marth and Fe 12 Marth like from the waist area downwards looks just like FE12 then from the belt up is Brawl/Melee Marth

oh well at least my friends will stop making fun of how girly he looked before (maybe, hopefully)

True, but he still mostly looks like he has elements of this Marth with small hints of the usual Marth and Awakening Marth.

Not really. Brawl has irregularities in its the numbers of available costumes per character, and several characters have more than one recolor that isn't used in teams. It'll just be like that again.
And that was already unprofessional and unappealing, so that would just add to the lameness.

Simply put, some of us just plain don't like that idea and concept. XD

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Looking back at the Turbo Tuesday videos, it looks like Outset Link was only used on the blue team, meaning unless Toon Link gets more alternate colors, two Outset Links cannot face each other in teams.

Usually I'm 100% fine playing vanilla P:M, but this odd choice may cause me to play a permanently modded build in the future. Why can't characters with costumes get the same treatment as Mario or Wario? One new costume, several team colors. Characters like Pikachu and Jigglypuff can get new hats (at least three that work with the team colors), and those without possible costumes can get recolors (I'd be fine with them not necessarily being team usable).

The only exception to this would be if a character received multiple new costumes, at least three to cover team usage, but that seems particularly not uniform, and unprofessional.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I agree that the Mirror Shield should happen. I'd also like a close-up of that wooden shield...
Here you go:

It's based off the door insignia around Outset Island.

Though, the mirror shield would be pretty cool too.

Also, I can confirm that Ocarina of Time Link'll be getting recolors!

Fortress

Smash Master
Looking back at the Turbo Tuesday videos, it looks like Outset Link was only used on the blue team, meaning unless Toon Link gets more alternate costumes, two Outset Links cannot face each other in teams.

Usually I'm 100% fine playing vanilla P:M, but this odd choice may cause me to play a permanently modded build in the future. Why can't characters with costumes get the same treatment as Mario or Wario? One new costume, several team colors. Characters like Pikachu and Jigglypuff can get new hats (at least three that work with the team colors), and those without possible costumes can get recolors (I'd be fine with them not necessarily being team usable).
I'm sure that after the 3.0 release that we can expect something like work on extra palette swaps for the alt costumes. Feels like this is all to just make sure the thing works and to demonstrate it in a timely manner, and we'll see it fleshed out and improved on as time goes by. 'Everything's subject to change.'

-gah, didn't mean to doublepost. It's two in the morning. I'm sleepy. It's my birthday. Cut me some slack.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Here you go:

It's based off the door insignia around Outset Island.

Though, the mirror shield would be pretty cool too.

Also, I can confirm that Ocarina of Time Link'll be getting recolors!
I had no doubts on Oot link getting the recolors, but Is the Twilight princess Master sword on Oot link going to stay the way it is or is that just something that has not been worked on yet?

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that after the 3.0 release that we can expect something like work on extra palette swaps for the alt costumes. Feels like this is all to just make sure the thing works and to demonstrate it in a timely manner, and we'll see it fleshed out and improved on as time goes by. 'Everything's subject to change.'
Perhaps, but without that confirmed I'd still like to voice my opinion, so maybe in the future if enough fans agree P:M might take that into consideration.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678

-gah, didn't mean to doublepost. It's two in the morning. I'm sleepy. It's my birthday. Cut me some slack.
Yeah, I think that most of us would agree to that. And have a happy b-day filled with smash
Edit: oh wait, its not your birthday

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
So, now since FE12 Marth is SSB4's. Shouldn't PM go with Awakening Marth? Imo even if they were thinking about FE12's, Awakening's a far better choice. Since there is Roy from Awakening, and Ike too. Will look forward to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom