• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That Dr.Mario thing with additional mega vitamins and the new sound is pretty cool. It would be one of those nice small touches.
I haven't even tried it out yet, heheheh. Anytime Project M announces a new update, I always wait until it's released to add any new mods to it... I really ought to stop doing that.
They're still meant to be, well, them. Just a slightly fancier them. Can't mess the iconic bits too much. It works if you're revamping their entire costume like with Bear Climbers, but I'm just making them look a bit more complex rather than completely revamping their everything. Kinda like a Brawl Link / Melee Link thing. For Ice Climbers, the colors are a part of their identity, just like how Pit's main colors were still white, gold and brown even after his Brawl upgrade.

That said, I'll be doing recolors, including a set meant to look like their NES colors, so there's that. I might make some fancier hammers if I can come up with a good idea for them, but they have to be the same size as the original still.

Edit: In case anyone wants a comparison. Even with the same color and hammer, they seem distinct enough to me.
I see it all as a revamp...
Maybe an iron or rubber mallet might fit better. Or maybe add the metal frame thingy that Dedede's got goin'. I agree that you shouldn't just redo the whole mallet, but maybe just a few subtle changes here 'n' there. Still the most beautiful thing I've seen, and trust me - I've spent a lot of hours in front of the mirror.

Never mind, I just compared the comparisons, it's fine, don't worry, though a mild change in the coat hue might be nice, maybe the NES colours that you have in mind.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario thing?

Also are we ever going to see what the Donkey Kong 64 multiplayer colors actually looked like?
Nefnoj linked to it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208633

They're still meant to be, well, them. Just a slightly fancier them. Can't mess the iconic bits too much. It works if you're revamping their entire costume like with Bear Climbers, but I'm just making them look a bit more complex rather than completely revamping their everything. Kinda like a Brawl Link / Melee Link thing. For Ice Climbers, the colors are a part of their identity, just like how Pit's main colors were still white, gold and brown even after his Brawl upgrade.

That said, I'll be doing recolors, including a set meant to look like their NES colors, so there's that. I might make some fancier hammers if I can come up with a good idea for them, but they have to be the same size as the original still.

Edit: In case anyone wants a comparison. Even with the same color and hammer, they seem distinct enough to me. Maybe I'll make the shoulder pads darker or something to make them stand out more. Maybe a blue stripe down the center of the hammer could work.
They look distinct from the front, but they may not look as distinct from the side. I'd have to see though.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Is anyone dearly attached to the Art Tuesday Archive in the OP?

I felt it was a necessary inclusion Pre-3.5, because it was nice having all of the screenshots in one place. But, now I feel as though everyone who would want to see the Alts can probably do so in their own games.

I'll keep it if anyone wants that accessibility, but my bet is that it could be a waste of space at this point.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I felt it was a necessary inclusion Pre-3.5, because it was nice having all of the screenshots in one place. But, now I feel as though everyone who would want to see the Alts can probably do so in their own games.

I'll keep it if anyone wants that accessibility, but my bet is that it could be a waste of space at this point.
KEEP ALL THE THINGS.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas

ALL OF THE THINGS SHALL BE KEPT.

rockto_ap

Smash Rookie
Something I've always wanted was for there to be an alt for Lucas that gives him the Pigmask's Mask

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I think that changes his identity too much, if anything, they should just do the uniform without the mask... Once they do a Masked Man recolour.
I mean, it doesn't really change his identity if he's wearing a Pigmask helmet without the torso costume, but it might look really weird in Smash lmao.

His uniform is already what a Commander of the Pigmask Army would wear. I suppose it would be cool to have recolors based on the different rank's uniforms.

Last edited:

rockto_ap

Smash Rookie
I think that changes his identity too much, if anything, they should just do the uniform without the mask... Once they do a Masked Man recolour.
If you've played Mother 3, you'd recall a scene in which Lucas wears a Pigmask. That's the reference I was going for :D

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Truly the only option Lucas has left for an alt is this.
kappa.png

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I've been thinking: nobody's ever made Falco's animations much different from Fox's, so what if we made his moves more like 64 Fox?

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking: nobody's ever made Falco's animations much different from Fox's, so what if we made his moves more like 64 Fox?
We'd get complaints from Melee fanboys sadly lol, plus 64 Fox has only like 4 different animations anyway

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'll be bold and say that turning Falco back into a Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V clone character is the most stupid thing from PM. That's not how clone characters evolve, and just changing little animations here and there won't help much.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I'll be bold and say that turning Falco back into a Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V clone character is the most stupid thing from PM. That's not how clone characters evolve, and just changing little animations here and there won't help much.
lol you'd be surprised how many people share your thoughts but all this started from trying to change Falco back to his Melee incarnation anyway so that's why he's a clone. You're right though that Falco is the only one to go from semi clone back to clone X)

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Project M started with people trying to put Melee Falco back in Brawl, he's not going to change ever becuz Melee.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
To be honest, the new animations for Falco in Brawl weren't that good to begin with ; I always thought it was disturbing to see beak attacks (yeah he's somewhat a bird but does it not look silly to you?). If by chance the PMDT can come with better animations, I'm sure everyone would be delighted about it, even "Melee fanboys" as you said. But change for the sake of change can be bad sometimes, so I prefer the current state rather than rushed animations "because clone characters are bad".

Toon Link is a really good example of successful "declone animations" by the way. The thing is, there are so many characters who need better animations before Falco. ...ROB...

I opened a thread where we specifically talk about that if you are interested.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
yeah the beak fair was definitely weird but I kinda like how he used his feathers like blades for his other moves at least, reminded me of this one character that fought using chinese kenpo in Kenichi: the mightiest disciple

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Project M started with people trying to put Melee Falco back in Brawl, he's not going to change ever becuz Melee.
There's some people in the PMDT apart from Dantarion that want to change how Jigglypuff plays, and she's a Melee top tier.

rockto_ap

Smash Rookie
I think that one of the child human characters (Toon Link, Ness, Lucas) should have an Inkling Alt costume, like have the hirt and hairstyle from the promo.

rockto_ap

Smash Rookie
I also thought having alts for Ness and Lucas which reflect party members from their games. Mainly being Poo and Kutamora.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
plz no double posts. thx
I think that one of the child human characters (Toon Link, Ness, Lucas) should have an Inkling Alt costume, like have the hirt and hairstyle from the promo.
Characters aren't supposed to have costumes referencing anything outside of their own series. I'm sure that goes double for series that have no presence in Brawl to begin with.
I also thought having alts for Ness and Lucas which reflect party members from their games. Mainly being Poo and Kutamora.
I like the idea of Ness in Poo's outfit. I would rather have Lucas in Duster's costume than Kumatora's tho, especially since he uses Rope Snake.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Alright, look, the PMDT's rules are really more so practicalities. The PMDT is going to disregard them whenever they want, but as fans we should use them when thinking of ideas in general because 9 times out of 10, they will be in effect.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
"double cough" Koopa Squirtle "cough"

Though I don't approve of the splatoon thing. They should only reference other series where it makes sense.
[sarcasm] Whaaaaat? Koopa Squirtle? I have NO idea what you're talkin' about, that is CLEARLY a reference to Grotle.[/sarcasm]

I feel like Sega's made practically all their games in the same universe. Sonic in Billy Hatcher, All Stars Racing, and there are probably tons of other Sega games out there with cameo appearances, that are so blatant that they can barely be considered Easter eggs.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
[sarcasm] Whaaaaat? Koopa Squirtle? I have NO idea what you're talkin' about, that is CLEARLY a reference to Grotle.[/sarcasm]

I feel like Sega's made practically all their games in the same universe. Sonic in Billy Hatcher, All Stars Racing, and there are probably tons of other Sega games out there with cameo appearances, that are so blatant that they can barely be considered Easter eggs.
True, lol one of the Jet Set Radio characters wears a chain with the skull of Sonic on it for crying out loud. What Sega game wasn't he referenced in? X)

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
plz no double posts. thx

I like the idea of Ness in Poo's outfit. I would rather have Lucas in Duster's costume than Kumatora's tho, especially since he uses Rope Snake.
Kumatora's outfit does look weird on Lucas lmao. See: earlier post.
I kind of want to see Duster's outfit on Lucas though, since I'm being held up by Kumatora's head atm I'll see what I can do with Duster.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'd like to see one of them wearing Jeff's uniform, myself.

It would be amazing and you know it!
That would be pretty cool. I know this might be strange, but I've always wanted Lucas or Ness to have a Pokey/Porky cosplay. Just the overalls with one broken strap. I think it would be dope.
Jeff's uniform would look better on Lucas imo, but it would make more sense on Ness.

Also lmao the EB wiki's Tony page uses Pik's vertex from a long time ago as the main picture.
Lmao. I guess they were desperate for a 3D representation of him.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
There's some people in the PMDT apart from Dantarion that want to change how Jigglypuff plays, and she's a Melee top tier.
Digging this up. I'd hate if they changed Jiggs as her moveset has always stuck. She's unique and there's nothing really wrong with her. It's one of those change for the sake of change things. I'm fine with changing characters like T. Link as he's more unique and fun now, but Jiggs would be going too far.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Digging this up. I'd hate if they changed Jiggs as her moveset has always stuck. She's unique and there's nothing really wrong with her. It's one of those change for the sake of change things. I'm fine with changing characters like T. Link as he's more unique and fun now, but Jiggs would be going too far.
Unless they added Igglybuff as a semiclone character.

C'mon Project M, you know you want to.

I'm joking this is a stupid idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom