• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Oh god I got an idea. U ready for this? Alph, Brittany, and Charlie cosplays for Olimar. BOOOOOM

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Get this, though:

(Edited. Wrong image.)
EGH, NO, NONONONO, ALL MY NO.

WHERE DAT FROM DOUGH?
D:

NEXT UPDATE!!
Oh god I got an idea. U ready for this? Alph, Brittany, and Charlie cosplays for Olimar. BOOOOOM
I mentioned that idea a while ago (without Brittany), definitely a good one, though I think there should also a true Louis and President costume swaps featuring hairstyles and moustaches. Olimar's my main and I love him. It'd be cool if they added Rock Pikmin to function like Purple Pikmin, and made the Purple Pikmin latch on and attack with more power instead.
is there a justin bailey fix yet?
I haven't seen anything yet, the Brawlvault is down so nobody's uploaded a fix, and I haven't had the time to experiment with the texture to find out for myself. Someone smart here might know.

*cough, @ Shin F. Shin F. cough*

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
EGH, NO, NONONONO, ALL MY NO.

D:

NEXT UPDATE!!

I mentioned that idea a while ago (without Brittany), definitely a good one, though I think there should also a true Louis and President costume swaps featuring hairstyles and moustaches. Olimar's my main and I love him. It'd be cool if they added Rock Pikmin to function like Purple Pikmin, and made the Purple Pikmin latch on and attack with more power instead.

I haven't seen anything yet, the Brawlvault is down so nobody's uploaded a fix, and I haven't had the time to experiment with the texture to find out for myself. Someone smart here might know.

*cough, @ Shin F. Shin F. cough*
I haven't looked at it or seen a fix yet, so as far as I know, it's still not out yet.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I hope the Roy recolor is just a placeholder for if they make an actual model later on.
I'm pretty sure they got it from the vault. I've seen it before. I wouldn't be surprised if it was replaced with an official PM alt in a later update.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I am pretty sure someone uploaded ZSS fixes to brawl vault, but were inaccessible due to the site being full. I saw all three names of the alt costumes in the new section.

Last edited:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Have the Hyrule Warriors costumes been posted, yet? If not, then I think these would be a great addition, especially Impa :grin:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure they got it from the vault. I've seen it before. I wouldn't be surprised if it was replaced with an official PM alt in a later update.
Ew no we don't steal from the Vault.

I am pretty sure someone uploaded ZSS fixes to brawl vault, but were inaccessible due to the site being full. I saw all three names of the alt costumes in the new section.
Nah I just uploaded the normal Samus suits, and Dark MK.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Once again, great job on the costumes PM art team. However every time I scroll onto Diddy Kong and see him smiling with his mouth open, I actually think it's a face of shock knowing he's the only character in the game without an alt or recolor.

I think simply giving Diddy DKJr's shirt wouldnt be too much to ask for.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
We have a couple... interesting ideas floating around for him. We'll figure something out.
Dangit, just when we thought we recovered from the 3.5 and Smash 4 Hype, you HAVE TO GO TEASING PROJECT M 4.0 HYPE!! YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK US, NANO!!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Melee Zelda and Sheik have no recolors
Does that mean you have other ideas for them?
I was quite surprised to find that they didn't have any, especially given that the colour choices in melee are FAR superior than the ones in Brawl... And Brawl is clearly superior! I really liked Brawl's choice in palette swaps so that's saying something!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I have a question.. i duno if this would be considered as art, it kinda is maybe lol. But is mewtwo ever gona get the correct shadow ball charge SFX? It really bothers me that the SFX are just Lucarios sfx. I mean if there isnt enough space for all the different Shadow Ball SFX cant he at least use the correct sfx without the different pitches? But at the same time, arent there bosses that use the same SFX more than once that automatically change the pitches of the SFX?

Now for something more certainly on topic, here is my list of costumes I hope to get to see by the PMDT in the future:

Meta Knight:
Galacta Knight
Samurai Meta Knight

Samus:
Dark Suit - http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080323023825/metroid/images/8/8f/Darksuit_Artwork.jpg
PED Suit (notmal and corrupted would be great) - http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100309185836/metroid/images/8/82/Samus_Aran_MP3.jpg

ZSS:
Orange fusion zerosuit - http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/6/6c/Metroidzero05.png
Black zerosuit - http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100106020956/metroid/images/b/b9/Bikinisupermetroid.gif

Snake:
Young snake
Old snake

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Personally don't like OoT Shiek compared to Brawl Shiek, but OoT Zelda is fine. I'm glad there aren't alt colors for them. Though, I don't like OoT Shiek mostly cause it's a simplified design that doesn't add anything back to Shiek like OoT Zelda/Ganon/Link do.

I'm definitely looking forward to any new Zelda/Shiek alts. Skyward Shiek plz. Don't know how, just find a way. Go into Nintendo's Headquarters and steal their concept art of Shiek for Skyward Sword.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
@ Nanobuds Nanobuds
Are you planning on making any Fusion recolours?

i prefer it over the yuk brawl samus and want to have all 4 fusion colours =)

if not, i guess ill get onto it myself =p
Nah, I don't.

I posted the suits to the Vault (right before it died...). So I wouldn't be surprised if someone else makes them.

Well then...will be be getting something a little snazzier in the future? Or is it just a recolour?
I dunno. All I can say is that we plan to give every character an alt eventually.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Once again, great job on the costumes PM art team. However every time I scroll onto Diddy Kong and see him smiling with his mouth open, I actually think it's a face of shock knowing he's the only character in the game without an alt or recolor.

I think simply giving Diddy DKJr's shirt wouldnt be too much to ask for.
If this happens I could die and peace. Oh and also, DIXIE COSPLAY!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Do you guys take up any ideas for alts? If so, here's one for Peach:

-snip-

It's mostly based on her Mario Strikers Charged outfit, but modified a bit. If anyone's able to give that a shot, it would be swell.
I don't think any of Peach's sports outfits would be acceptable for P:M as Peach has an attack where she uses her dress. Most of her sports outfits don't have a dress so it would be harder to see where the attack is.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I want biker Pe...

I don't think any of Peach's sports outfits would be acceptable for P:M as Peach has an attack where she uses her dress. Most of her sports outfits don't have a dress so it would be harder to see where the attack is.
CRAP.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Nano why did you guys save the hardest alts for last. I don't envy anyone who has to think up a cool alt for Olimar.
A decent idea for an alt could be him in his bad ending form from Pikmin 1. He turns into a "pikmin". Also, like some users above, I think semi-alt cosplays for Olimar where he takes the attire/recognizable features from the other captains and wears them would be a good ideas. A decent Ivysaur alt might be hard though.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
If this happens I could die and peace. Oh and also, DIXIE COSPLAY!
Call me crazy, but I don't think Diddy Kong should cross-dress. I think Diddy should dress up like characters from Diddy Kong Racing, akin to Sonic's dressing like Sega characters. For instance, Banjo, Conker, Timber, and Crunch. If you gave him a Banjo outfit, I would, indeed, cry. Though dressing up as Donkey Kong Jr. (especially since he was originally just a Donkey Kong Jr. redesign) would be neat. The DK Crew would also be good for him; Lanky and Chunky. I'd also like to see a Donkey Kong Country Returns silhouette, but if Diddy got one, Donkey would have to as well. (though doesn't Donkey Kong have room for one more? I thought each character could have ten palette swaps.)

Sonic's yellow Ring costume needs to return from Brawl.

I think a Parasect costume would be cool for Ivysaur: Liveless appearance, and instead of a bulb, a big mushroom. For some reason, I can see biker Ivysaur: Sunglasses 'n' helmet, and lots of leather. Though the Pokémon items are usually based on something in-game, is the Shinobi Squirtle based on anything?
A decent idea for an alt could be him in his bad ending form from Pikmin 1. He turns into a "pikmin". Also, like some users above, I think semi-alt cosplays for Olimar where he takes the attire/recognizable features from the other captains and wears them would be a good ideas. A decent Ivysaur alt might be hard though.
Now I feel special. :D
I could also see a vacation or casual outfit for Olimar: Sunglasses, Hawaiian shirt, sandals, but still have the bubble with its' antenna. It fits his character, and wasn't he originally on vacation in the first Pikmin?
I could also see a Nintendo Land Olimar.
Bad ending Olimar is necessary, his light could be green (because I think that can't be removed)

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Now I feel special. :D
I could also see a vacation or casual outfit for Olimar: Sunglasses, Hawaiian shirt, sandals, but still have the bubble with its' antenna. It fits his character, and wasn't he originally on vacation in the first Pikmin?
I could also see a Nintendo Land Olimar.
Bad ending Olimar is necessary, his light could be green (because I think that can't be removed)
I think a casual clothed Olimar would fit his character very well. In the Pikmin Short Movies, there's a picture of Olimar with his family and he's wearing normal clothes.

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
I think a casual clothed Olimar would fit his character very well. In the Pikmin Short Movies, there's a picture of Olimar with his family and he's wearing normal clothes.
casual cloths and kids in place of pikmin size looks as though it matches the pikmin *Olimar throws his children and maybe wife*

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Project M Alt costumes can't really change the character, though. Bulbasaur and Ivysaur are technically different species, even if they are part of the same evolutionary line.

There are some exceptions, with Link, Zelda, and Snake, but those really seem to be the only exceptions.

If Squirtle wears ninja garb and Charizard wears knight armor, then personally I'd like Ivysaur to somehow look like it's dressed in a wizard or mage getup somehow. But that's just me.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Something to note: Each Olimar file has individual Pikmin models, so any of Olimar's costumes can change the Pikmin too! If they do costumes featuring Pikmin 3 captains, they should totally switch purple Pikmin for rock Pikmin. I think it'd be cool if there was a costume switching the Pikmin out for zombie Pikmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom