• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vital Tundra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vital Tundra
3DS FC
1848-2159-5405
Okay let me elaborate. Sonic will have the following colours: Default (blue), Red, Green and Purple (from 3.02) then the Tails, Silver and Shadow colours with the Shadow colour replacing his black costume from 3.02 and the other two being brand new additions.
Now it makes sense to me as well, sounds great! :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
New slots yo
Okay let me elaborate. Sonic will have the following colours: Default (blue), Red, Green and Purple (from 3.02) then the Tails, Silver and Shadow colours with the Shadow colour replacing his black costume from 3.02 and the other two being brand new additions.
Okaaay...Well that's understood and all. Alright.

Not sure why all of a sudden characters having alts/extra colors close to the team colors is suddenly an issue, though. Especially considering we have red Metaknight and Concept Art Metaknight, who is also red, but okay.

I get what you two are saying.

About those Shadow highlights though
Yeah, I'm sorta in agreement with that, too, but I think they didn't want to change his appearance up that much. This is just how they chose to do the outfit. Even if it may seem a little silly.

I thinks it's kind of appealing, though.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Okaaay...Well that's understood and all. Alright.

Not sure why all of a sudden characters having alts/extra colors close to the team colors is suddenly an issue, though. Especially considering we have red Metaknight and Concept Art Metaknight, who is also red, but okay.

I get what you two are saying.
I think with MK it's the fact that Beta Knight has much more significant model changes than a pair of shoes, which may be harder to distinguish in battle.

Last edited:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Really digging Carbon Kirby. I might have to pick him back up.

Never was that interested in Outset Link, nor was I in the recolors. Then someone pointed out the different shirt designs, and they became a lot cooler.
Still though, that doesn't leave much room for Classic Link recolors, although surely you can make them fit…

Shin F.

Smash Master
So, have you guys thought about adding rim lights to the Silver recolor just for that added effect?
Because looking at this pic, I thought he had them for a sec then noticed there weren't any on the boots, but it would be really cool if he did.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
So, have you guys thought about adding rim lights to the Silver recolor just for that added effect?

Because looking at this pic, I thought he had them for a sec then noticed there weren't any on the boots, but it would be really cool if he did.
Believe in the art team, they know what you desire, before you desire it

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Now that we have all the obvious Sonic recolors confirmed, let's not forget some of the more obscure characters that Sonic could cosplay..

Malion

Smash Ace
Ah! I'm so happy! More Kirby colours!
Also fun Sonic colours!
And yaaaay! I'm an beyond happy for outset link recolours. Not just for team use but also because they have fun designs on them!

I'm now anticipating red and green pajama ness with fun patterns.

But I'm just happy my two mains just snazzy new colours!

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
What about the blur from when Sonic's running, doesn't that stay the same? or was it the blue effect from his spin dash I'm thinking of?

Anyway, all these recolors look amazing! Carbon Kirby's got to be my favorite of the bunch, though I really like Sonic's cosplay-ish recolors too.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Alright, I updated the OP for Psy.
HOLY DONKEY NUTS. Thanks Edge, I was about to get to it, actually. :D
Believe in the art team, they know what you desire, before you desire it

THE DAY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR. SHIN GOT NINJA'D, BY THE PMBR. OH GLORY. IT IS A NEW ERA AS SHINJA GROWS WEAKER.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
THE DAY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR. SHIN GOT NINJA'D, BY THE PMBR. OH GLORY. IT IS A NEW ERA AS SHINJA GROWS WEAKER.
If we're being technical, those aren't rim lights in the way I was talking about (as in, across his entire body like what Mewtwo has) so it's not /quite/ a ninja. Almost, though. Keep hoping and maybe one day, you can also be a super Ninja.

In any case, it's really awesome that they've got that glow like that. It really adds to the costume a lot.

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps Sonic could have two sets of team colors?

Standard: blue, red, green
Alternate: Silver, Knuckles, Vector(?)

Really I just want to play Sonic with a giant gold chain and Beats by Dre.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Gave the OP a new hue in honor of our recolors today, and finally added a section in which I can credit some people who've helped out. Thanks again to those folks!

Additionally, if anyone wants to doctor up some individual pictures of each Sonic and Kirby alt, it would be greatly appreciated! So let me know!

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Since we're getting the Black Sonic replaced with Shadow's outfit, I don't see why a Knuckles outfit with appropriate shoes can't go over the current Red Sonic, or a Scourge cosplay over the Green Sonic(granted, I'm not 100% on if Scourge's glasses or jacket could be added on account of no bones to attach/rig them to, but even a reference like his scar and shoes would be cool). Or even a Big the Cat outfit where he wears the same sandals with socks as Big for the Purple Sonic.

And also i'm curious, was the option to give Sonic get a recolor that makes him Pink, like Amy ever brought up? I'm not saying I would want it, but the option would've been nice.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
...Huh... I was sure Wolf would get a reveal of more colors in this situation.
Ah well, more struggles in the Wolf ditto it is then.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Now that I've seen someone Photoshop the head stripes on the Shadow outfit, I'm glad it doesn't have them.

It really does look more pleasing to the eye without them and keeps the right feel for it being just an alt Sonic color. Funnily enough, when I was a kid, I always thought Shadow would've looked better without the stripes.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I think these new Sonic "recolors" can actually be classified as Semi-alts, if not alternate costumes altogether.

-They change the color
-They change what little clothing Sonic wears, aka changing his minimal outfit.
-They're based on another character in the Sonic universe without being that character.

Knowing those points, especially the one about Sonic's clothing being changed, pretty much means that these are alternative outfits for Sonic, instead of just recolors, and I will from here on dignify them as such :D

On another note, I realize that since a PM dev mentioned that the Sonic alts shouldn't clash with a team color (as the base model recolors already do), SOAP shoes may be unlikely as it's still blue, but changes the model.

If Sonic does get anymore costume changes (I don't want to be greedy since we were just fed so much goodness, though), I think they could be along the lines of Phantasy Star Armor (from SA2) or the Racing outfit from SA2B. Since the Phantasy Star armor is orange, it doesn't really clash with a team color, and the racing outfit is Black/Red. I wonder if Excalibur Mode could be a thing; but that's a straight up transformation, even though the armor is gold and shiny. :3 (Then again, how the hell is he gonna spin-dash in plated armor?)

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I think these new Sonic "recolors" can actually be classified as Semi-alts, if not alternate costumes altogether.

-They change the color
-They change what little clothing Sonic wears, aka changing his minimal outfit.
-They're based on another character in the Sonic universe without being that character.

Knowing those points, especially the one about Sonic's clothing being changed, pretty much means that these are alternative outfits for Sonic, instead of just recolors, and I will from here on dignify them as such :D

On another note, I realize that since a PM dev mentioned that the Sonic alts shouldn't clash with a team color (as the base model recolors already do), SOAP shoes may be unlikely as it's still blue, but changes the model.

If Sonic does get anymore costume changes (I don't want to be greedy since we were just fed so much goodness, though), I think they could be along the lines of Phantasy Star Armor (from SA2) or the Racing outfit from SA2B. Since the Phantasy Star armor is orange, it doesn't really clash with a team color, and the racing outfit is Black/Red.
Recolors are costumes. They'll be added to the OP eventually.

Recolors for other Alts though, (Boxer DK, Outset Tink)

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
That is exactly what we call them. Semi-alts.

Just like Dark MK, Fire Peach, Pikachu hats, etc

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The fact that we'd get any more characters at all is amazing.

I was thinking that every character in Melee that didn't appear in Brawl (minus Young Link; no moar link pls), could be revived in Project M.

However, Pichu Bros. seems to be an entirely new character, altogether.

Also, Nanobuds noticed me :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom