• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
It seems that there are a lot of people who want a second alternate costume for characters that already have an one (Young Link alternate for Toon Link, Ninten alternate for Ness or Lucas, etc.) The PMBR should focus on creating one alternate costume for each and every character before creating another alternate costume for a character who already has one.
I disagree. I understand wanting to represent each character evenly, but I'd rather see MK get two costumes rather than wait for characters like Charizard or Wario get something shoehorned onto them for the sake of 'balance.'
Yes.
But my version of "soon" is probably way different than your version of "soon".
Blizzard soon? As in "Soon (tm)?"

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Agreed. This one looks sooo much cooler than the concept art Meta Knight (IMO)!
EDIT: But he does hurt from the lack of a cape...
I think he just made it transparent since it still shows up with his dimension cape.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Okay, as also a Kirby fan, I'm sort of appalled at the OP.

HOW DARE NO ONE SUGGEST HYPERNOVA KIRBY?!
(Or maybe someone did and it hasn't been put in the OP)

Official Art

Transformation

Hypernova Appearance

Because of the fact that Kirby's visual features change upon sucking up enemies (and he's limited to only recolors at the moment), I believe that this would be the best "recolor" (even though it's actually a Super Ability) of him. To keep it from being just some recolor, this really simple reskinning could possibly be the only fully animated costume in the game, seeing as it brings nothing else aside from a multi-colored reskin to the table.

I understand that Hypernova is essentially "extreme suction Kirby" in which Kirby's stomach literally becomes a veritable black hole, but I don't think it'd be past him to control it to the point where it's on par with default suction.

-Suction could be changed to look a bit more powerful (and possibly multicolored), as in Triple Deluxe, but without increasing any actual properties of the skill.
-Just as in the game, Hypernova Kirby's colors could cycle and change in a swirling fashion. (It'd be terrible to see this put into the game, but with static colors, unless it's exactly like the first pic, but even then, it's supposed to be animated by nature)
-The inside of the mouth could also glow white upon sucking up people.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Is it even possible to have different animations on a costume?
I'm not quite sure about on this scale, but it doesn't alter the bones, or the overall identity of the character, nor does it require additional SFX.

Lucas's Masked Man outfit has a sword with lightning around it, but it seems that the lightning may be static.

If it isn't possible to make the skin cycle colors, then the static concept art could be an idea to go off of.

I have a good feeling that it's possible. It'd probably require some effort, but I think it could be done.

Huffy

Smash Cadet
I'm not quite sure about on this scale, but it doesn't alter the bones, or the overall identity of the character, nor does it require additional SFX.

Lucas's Masked Man outfit has a sword with lightning around it, but it seems that the lightning may be static.

If it isn't possible to make the skin cycle colors, then the static concept art could be an idea to go off of.

I have a good feeling that it's possible. It'd probably require some effort, but I think it could be done.
I think Lucas' sword is part of the model... and yeah, you can have costume-specific effects they did it with fire Peach.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I think I remember hearing that there's a problem with Kirby costumes / recolors since certain Kirby copy abilities rely on Kirby's color (such as Mewtwo).

MLGF

Smash Lord
Kirby just needs the Yoshi treatment?
Anyone play Amazing Mirror?
The grape Kirby is adorbs.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think I remember hearing that there's a problem with Kirby costumes / recolors since certain Kirby copy abilities rely on Kirby's color (such as Mewtwo).
The ones that rely on his color have their own costume files for each, so recolors aren't a problem. Animated textures, those might be a problem but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
The ones that rely on his color have their own costume files for each, so recolors aren't a problem. Animated textures, those might be a problem but I'm not sure.
Nah, its fully possible. A very tedious, pain in the ass process, but I can make it happen

I can tell you now why Kirby doesn't have alt colors yet (which is all he is going to get, no model changes). We have to go in and add in new models/colors for almost ALL of the Kirby hats that have color-specific hats. That requires tedious coding work for our slot coders, and it will take up a LOT of time for them. They have to code in all the new Kirby hats, as well as we have to make them.

With that said, there is a small chance we may get them done for the next update... but don't get your hopes up.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Nah, its fully possible. A very tedious, pain in the *** process, but I can make it happen

I can tell you now why Kirby doesn't have alt colors yet (which is all he is going to get, no model changes). We have to go in and add in new models/colors for almost ALL of the Kirby hats that have color-specific hats. That requires tedious coding work for our slot coders, and it will take up a LOT of time for them. They have to code in all the new Kirby hats, as well as we have to make them.

With that said, there is a small chance we may get them done for the next update... but don't get your hopes up.
Interesting. Is it not possible to simply add the new slots via cBliss? I know that Mewtwo2000's tool can do so easily and it adds the hat files for each costume as well.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Interesting. Is it not possible to simply add the new slots via cBliss? I know that Mewtwo2000's tool can do so easily and it adds the hat files for each costume as well.
The Project M Alt costume code is a bit different... since it allows us to add team colors and slot-specific effects, it is a bit more complicated to code. Every time we want to add new slots, the code has to be remade from scratch.

Why is it that more complicated than cBliss? I dunno. I'm just an art guy haha.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
So just to confirm, there can't be ANY new sfx to characters when it comes to startup intros/moves?
It is possible, but not all characters have enough space in their sound banks to add a full new set of SFX.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
The Project M Alt costume code is a bit different... since it allows us to add team colors and slot-specific effects, it is a bit more complicated to code. Every time we want to add new slots, the code has to be remade from scratch.

Why is it that more complicated than cBliss? I dunno. I'm just an art guy haha.
Would something like a stuffed Yarn Kirby in the vein of Yarn Yoshi work? I know Yarn Kirby wasn't stuffed, but it's not the first time liberties have been taken with costumes. It's the only thing i can think of that wouldn't mess with hats.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Would something like a stuffed Yarn Kirby in the vein of Yarn Yoshi work? I know Yarn Kirby wasn't stuffed, but it's not the first time liberties have been taken with costumes. It's the only thing i can think of that wouldn't mess with hats.
So you think Pink Kirby's default hats would work then? I would like to see this too, it just might look odd since Yarn Kirby's body has a pink outline and is white on the inside. Unless you mean his body would be pink fluff all around then.

Malion

Smash Ace
I'd like Yarnball Kirby but only if all his transformations were similarly yarny... if that's even possible... though that might be way too much work.

The yarnest of yarny costumes!

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
So you think Pink Kirby's default hats would work then? I would like to see this too, it just might look odd since Yarn Kirby's body has a pink outline and is white on the inside. Unless you mean his body would be pink fluff all around then.
I'm talking about a design similar to the Yarn Yoshi from Wooly World. Basically, you can see all the stitching and stuff.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace

Just posting this picture for reference. Basically, Kirby in this Style. This would actually be a good Yoshi costume if he wasn't already full.

Someone actually made a costume like this for Yoshi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDi-1yV992Y

On a side note his Kirby palette is pretty cool, but not exactly what I had in mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom